- Six Days of Ghent + video1 year 34 weeks agoZermattjohn wrote:..and theZermattjohn wrote:
..and the video?
Did I forget to check the box? Sorry. Should be there now.
- Charge launch Custom Saddle Builder1 year 34 weeks agoThis is very distracting on a
This is very distracting on a Friday afternoon! Here's my third design already https://custom.chargebikes.com/#!thl=charge/spoon_saddle%28s:~rails_B2,cover_C13,base_E9,bumpers_D4,logo_G2,stitching_F3+%29
- Exeter Jaguar dealership hosts Velocity cycling event tomorrow - UK-wide in 2013?1 year 34 weeks agoThanks for the
Thanks for the clarification... they were both of course owned by Ford for a number of years as I'm sure you know. Grange operate an Aston Martin Dealership from the same site which is where confusion crept into our article.
- London study shows different nature of injuries suffered by cyclists in collision with cars and HGVs1 year 34 weeks agopurplecup wrote:how's aboutpurplecup wrote:
how's about you all stop pissing and moaning about helmets and actually read the article and comment on the issues therein?
something needs to be done about HGVs, especially tippers and cement lorries which aren't designed for city use and simply aren't safe there. they should either be banned during rush hour or forced by law to fit side bars, sensors and effective mirrors
[[[[[[Purplecup---that's more like it, squire.
- Morvélo launch new clothing for men, women and kids + new film1 year 34 weeks agoThe jerseys look great, but I
The jerseys look great, but I dont understand the obsession with tiny hidden zips on the front. The zip on my one is completely impossible to adjust whilst you're riding. Form over function I guess. the zip puller bit snapped off in the end so now I've bodged a paperclip on there. Doesnt look as cool, but much easier to grab hold of whilst riding.
- Six Days of Ghent + video1 year 34 weeks agohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?
- Greg LeMond and Jonathan Vaughters to attend Change Cycling Now summit in London1 year 34 weeks ago--
- Exeter Jaguar dealership hosts Velocity cycling event tomorrow - UK-wide in 2013?1 year 34 weeks agoPoor editorial
Poor editorial content...
Aston Martin is currently up for sale by its private equity owners and is not been the sister company to Jaguar!
- Greg LeMond and Jonathan Vaughters to attend Change Cycling Now summit in London1 year 34 weeks agoVelocast Scott wrote:Sorry,Velocast Scott wrote:
Sorry, but I have criticised Vaughters. I criticised JV for his idea of 'franchises' which I think would be terrible for the sport.
As to whether I like a particular individual or not. I have repeatedly said I like Bradley Wiggins, as an example. I interviewed him and found him to be nothing but charming. I said on this week's show that I thought he may be feeling trapped by the 'Wiggo' persona that seems to have been foisted upon him However, I still reserve the right to be critical of him or anyone else in the sport.
I've also said that Pat McQuaid would probably be great company; he just shouldn't be running the sport.
The Velocast is about comment and opinion and we make no bones about that. People agree with some bits, disagree with other bits and that's fine.
But I ask you again to read the home page of the website. I am trying to act with the best of intentions. Would you prefer I, or anyone else, did nothing? If you are happy with the way the sport is right now then that's fine too.
As to Paul and Jaimie's conflict of interests - and to an extent, the summit in general: this group is *discussing* change. None of them, as far as I have been told, see themselves as the next UCI President - and I would join you in criticising them if they did.
I could have refused to work with Jaimie and stuck to trying to organise a separate meeting. The criticism would then have been, "what, ANOTHER group?!". So I thought getting the idea that fans need to be listened to into any discussion would be better than nothing at all. It's not perfect, but it's better than nothing at all. At least it's a start.
Firstly, thanks for responding Scott. You could easily have not bothered doing so, so an acknowledgement for doing that.
A couple of things that I would take up issue with in your response: when I refer to you now criticising JV, I mean in relation to conflict of interest. Now he part owns Slipstream as does Millar - a larger wedge in JV's case, I'm sure. But it cant be conflict of interest for one, and not the other.
Secondly, you respond to me citing your oft-referenced criticism - and more - of Wiggins. You find him charming - perhaps (to give just one example) you calling him a tosser on Twitter, might be a little misleading then?
Hey, there's no onus on liking him or his team but you do come across as carping on and on about them way beyond any other current pro team. There seems to be no balance. And after a while this just colours and detracts from other, more constructive comments that you have to make.
- Exeter Jaguar dealership hosts Velocity cycling event tomorrow - UK-wide in 2013?1 year 34 weeks agoJuan Antonio Fletcher?
Juan Antonio Fletcher?
great to see a car company doing something positive with cycling. Certainly looks like a nice motor.
- Six Days of Ghent + video1 year 34 weeks ago..and the video?
..and the video?
- Edinburgh's 'cyclist blender' junction - could Scottish capital learn lessons from Bow Roundabout?1 year 34 weeks agoWe stayed a few days a couple
We stayed a few days a couple of years ago in a flat just out of shot to the top right of the photo, so this was our main route into town - we were on foot, not bike, but as pedestrians the road works and traffic made it a very unpleasant experience.
Have to feel for local residents and businesses who've had to put up with this for a few years now and it's still ongoing.
- Exeter Jaguar dealership hosts Velocity cycling event tomorrow - UK-wide in 2013?1 year 34 weeks agoI'd be there if it was
I'd be there if it was closer. Hopefully they do extend it to other dealerships, it's a fairly innovative bit of marketing to tie the brand into the sport.
- Christmas gifts for discerning cyclists1 year 34 weeks agohandlebarcam wrote:My nearesthandlebarcam wrote:
My nearest landfill site has a corner reserved just for those.
Where is it? I need that for the woolly fleece saddle cover and pug-ugly (and heavy) picture frame surrounded by a recycled bike chain that my nearest and dearest deemed worthy gifts in past Christmases.
- Paralympic Champ Simon Richardson says drink-drivers should be named and shamed1 year 34 weeks agohoski wrote:All drinkhoski wrote:
All drink drivers?
I'm sure some people who drink drive are probably quite vulnerable, i.e. alcoholics, under all sorts of pressure, suffering mental health problems, etc. Should we just slap their names and faces up in public?
It doesn't justify drink driving, but not everyone who does it is necessarily just a self-serving idiot.
Why are you being an apologist for drink drivers? If someone is an alcoholic then they shouldn't be driving full stop. Drinking because you're under pressure? Don't people use also that as an excuse for things like shoplifting, downloading child porn as well as a plethora of other 'indiscretions'?
If someone is suffering mental health issues, self medicating with alcohol is not going to help one bit and if they get in a car as well....
It should be that everyone in this country knows that if you have been drinking and you get into a car, you will bear full responsibility for it if you are convicted of being over the limit.
One of the only ways for it to become socially unacceptable is for those convicted, no matter what mitigating circumstances, are named and shamed.
- FS : Now split into components1 year 34 weeks agoNow gone pending payment.....
Now gone pending payment.....
- Separated at birth: Chris Froome and a cheetah?1 year 34 weeks agoA Journo
- New magazine1 year 34 weeks agoBtw I just contacted the mag
Btw I just contacted the mag to see if I could get issues 1 and 2 as back issues but they aren't available atm.
So if any of you were going to chuck them out please let me know. I can send an SAE, etc.
- FS : Now split into components1 year 34 weeks agoNice one.
Got drop bars, they
Got drop bars, they will just need a little sticky stuff remover as they have a little old tape on them. But nothing major. If you sort out payment, I'll try and get a box tomorrow and get it in the post Monday/Tuesday.
So thats the full bike, plus drop bars and extra stem.
The only thing I can't find is the quick release for the front wheel.....I'll have a look if I have one somewhere, but not sure.
- Greg LeMond and Jonathan Vaughters to attend Change Cycling Now summit in London1 year 34 weeks agohoski wrote:given that peoplehoski wrote:
given that people seem to be remarkably aggressive on these sorts of issues, I wouldn't want to make myself identifiable.
Has anyone threatened to go round to their house accompanied by some big blokes? I think not.
Some of us feel that, based on this person's tweets, 'festinagirl' may not be an appropriate choice of individual to attend a discussion of this subject at the highest level. That's an opinion, not a threat. Perhaps we will be proved wrong, I wouldn't have a problem with that, it would be a pleasant surprise.
- Edinburgh's 'cyclist blender' junction - could Scottish capital learn lessons from Bow Roundabout?1 year 34 weeks agoSimon_MacMichael wrote:-Simon_MacMichael wrote:
- she's speaking in her capacity as an expert in urban planning.
And she's right in this case - I know this roundabout "combo" and a fairly common "flow" for both cars and bikes is from the top left of that diagram (York Place) to the bottom right (London Road). So you would get (with these proposals) a segregated bike lane to get through the 1st roundabout (good) then a segregated lane, then a brief section of non-segregated to allow you to veer right across 1 and 1/2 lanes of traffic to get into the right place to turn right, whilst tons of other cyclists and cars try and do the same. Bonkers . I admit it's a difficult piece of road to try and redesign but this only makes it worse. It would be safer with no cycle lanes than this.
- Separated at birth: Chris Froome and a cheetah?1 year 34 weeks agoIs there anybody out there
Is there anybody out there with the wit to make up a limerick or song with above observations!.
- Canyon road bikes1 year 34 weeks agoI'd go for electronic
I'd go for electronic ultegra, but if you do go mechanical i'd opt for ultegra and upgrade the wheels
- FS : Now split into components1 year 34 weeks agoGreat, can you email me
Great, can you email me payment details and i'll sort payment out this afternoon/evening.
My email is:
darryl (dot) 1983 (at) googlemail (dot) com
- Canyon road bikes1 year 34 weeks agoUltegra's a whole lot cheaper
Ultegra's a whole lot cheaper to replace too - for the bits that are likely to wear out or break. Well, apart from your deraillieurs. Then you'll just have to cry.
Canyon make lovely frames though. Lucky you!