- Turbo trainer or get out and get wet2 years 12 weeks agoI've been using my Turbos for
I've been using my Turbos for over a month now to bring me into the cross season.
If you had a crosser (might get one for the price you were going to pay for turbos) you could go for it the hard but fun way i.e
Get riding now. Then start racing cross. It's highly inclusive no mater how good you are. Race that between late September and Christmas and I'll guarantee you'll be fitter.
Have a break. Then start the winter build up. Winter training with club mates is something I actually relish. Anyway train so you arrive fit at the time you need to be. Don't go mad with nothing to enter for months ahead or you'll do yourself a mischeif.
Getting fit should be done steadilly, you wont get injured and you'll devolop a nice base on which to work on.
- wiggo/froome stage 202 years 12 weeks agoThe problem is its 50km to
The problem is its 50km to the finish from the last climb, which is a Cat 1, so even if Sky/Froome can drop Cobo, its a long back for him to catch back on, the only thing that can help is if they get in a select group and power on, Froome wins and Cobo dont get any time bonus's
- Stage 19 La Vuelta2 years 12 weeks agoWell Moreno and Nieve wont be
Well Moreno and Nieve wont be getting into a break, but i have them Verdugo in the break, at least 2 Euki's
- Eurobike 2011 Cyclocross round up: Look, Lapierre, Cannondale, Colnago, Stevens, Ridley, Moots & a lot more2 years 12 weeks agocx bike pron... I
cx bike pron... I like.
Interesting to read that the 29er thing is the trend of the year but not entirely surprised. I think its a much easier sell to the average punter than any drop bar bike.
- Stage 19 La Vuelta2 years 12 weeks agoGkam84 wrote:To me, Sky haveGkam84 wrote:
To me, Sky have the power to keep a break from getting away, so why not use it to get a time bonus, either that or send one of the not so great sky riders into the back of Cobo's wheel, send him tumbling and then drill it so he's no chance to get back on.
Something tells me that might be deemed as slightly unethical.
My men for today? LL Sanchez, Moreno and Nieve.
- Leopard Trek no more2 years 12 weeks agoDon't forget, all these teams
Don't forget, all these teams need new license's this year
Quick Step - Omega Pharma-Lotto
Thats why i started another topic
- Leopard Trek no more2 years 12 weeks agoPotentially but Europcar
Potentially but Europcar aren't guaranteed one, Skil-Shimano has had some good results with Kittel this year so they have as much a chance as anyone. Europcar had a good TdF but I haven't heard of them doing much else all year.
- Turbo trainer or get out and get wet2 years 12 weeks agoI have to say that I hate
I have to say that I hate turbo training. For me the way to get through the winter other than joining a club (club runs) and doing some cyclocross (as already mentioned) is to do some all round fitness training. Cycling is very intense on certain muscle groups; I believe that working on your all round fitness is important. I recomend you add weight/circuit training, swimming to your training when the weather is poor. Possibly some short running sessions for variety. Join a club is the best idea though!
- Leopard Trek no more2 years 12 weeks agoIf Cobo wins the Vuelta i
If Cobo wins the Vuelta i think Geox will be given one of the licence's which means Skil lose out.
- wiggo/froome stage 202 years 12 weeks agoI think they might wait till
I think they might wait till the penultimate stage and go for the stage victory and hope Cobo does not take 2nd. It's a bit lumpy so they might just get it.
- Orange CarbO road bike: sold out2 years 12 weeks agoNice.
The future's bright;
The future's bright; the future's road.
- Knee Pain2 years 12 weeks agoin my case, i had to move it
in my case, i had to move it back a bit. But try tweaking one thing at a time to see what works.
- Turbo trainer or get out and get wet2 years 12 weeks agoEveryone is different so you
Everyone is different so you may like the turbo or you may hate it. Without specific goals for workouts (hard interval sessions etc.) its hard to keep motivated though.
Personally I would say that considering you are a novice and the time of year its best to just get on the bike. Training as such does not need to start for a while and certainly not the high intensity stuff that most people use a turbo for. I would get a 2nd hand CX bike a 1000 lumen (cheap)light and ride around bridleways and woods for a few months.
However if you dont like the rain/dont have the time then get a turbo.
I feel the turbo is almost the polar opposite of the outdoor riding experience. I rarely regret an outdoor ride even in the rain and wind. I almost always feel a sorrow when getting on the turbo. It is a hatefull time that I try to pretend is not really happening. ( I will be using a turbo in 5-6months but only because I have tt goals that must be reached)
- Leopard Trek no more2 years 12 weeks agoI make that three licenses
I make that three licenses available, one from Quickstep/OLO, HTC and Radioshack. GreenEdge should get one, but I think that leaves two up for grabs between probably Europcar, Skil-Shimano and Geox.
- wiggo/froome stage 202 years 12 weeks agoNah, Team Sky will do a
Nah, Team Sky will do a Liquigas and TTT away from the field to finish 1,2,3,4,5...
Not gonna happen, the curse of race radio is that teams are far too well organised to allow important GC guys to get away.
- Eurobike 2011: The rise and rise of the chain catcher2 years 12 weeks agomiffed wrote:Sorry guys butmiffed wrote:
Sorry guys but triathlete europe had this covered in this months mag. You're just jumping on a bandwagon
The difference is Mat here has his tongue firmly in cheek whereas this magazine of which you speak would have necessarily been taking it seriously if it's for triathletes.
- Knee Pain2 years 12 weeks agoCheers, I will try moving my
Cheers, I will try moving my cleat position. Saddle position though as in higher or forward..?
- Turbo trainer or get out and get wet2 years 12 weeks agoAnyone got any opinions on
Anyone got any opinions on the benefits of rollers over turbos?
- Knee Pain2 years 12 weeks agoCould be the cleat position,
Could be the cleat position, try tweaking that a bit. Otherwise you might be like me and need to adjust your saddle position.
- Stage 18 La Vuelta2 years 12 weeks ago105 for me, some how managed
105 for me, some how managed 2nd overall for the stage
- Suggestions for 2012 season2 years 12 weeks agoThe only thing I'd really
The only thing I'd really like to see changed is to reduce lantern rouge points from 10 to 5. 10 is quite hard to get for any rider. Used it a lot in TdF and not much in the Vuelta but have a spare transfer today and it's tempting to use it for Veelers but it's a bit boring.
Wouldn't change much about picking teams or transfers to be honest but I think maybe make the points for position in the stage a bit higher for the top positions. At the moment it's better as the tour goes on to stick to GC guys or people who are high in several competitions (or lantern rouge) rather than take a risk on a stage winner.
So 30 for 1st, 25 for 2nd, 20 for 3rd, 18 for 4th and then as normal. This makes it less easy to just play safe, (which is the best way to be near the top).
- Anyone from the north east entering Hills Of The North?2 years 12 weeks agohi
still waitin for reply but
still waitin for reply but lookes doubtfull so will have to go out and do the area myself
- Zoca Active Women's Bra Top2 years 12 weeks agoyou're very funny. anyway, i
you're very funny. anyway, i only wear zip-up ladies' gear
- Zoca Active Women's Bra Top2 years 12 weeks agoCouldn't you get Big Dave to
Couldn't you get Big Dave to model?
- Rapha Womens Grand Tour Gloves2 years 12 weeks agolots of to-ing and fro-ing
lots of to-ing and fro-ing about the price of that, too. natch.