- What's the best looking bike in the WorldTour? Vote for one in our expertly drawn up shortlist or nominate your own1 year 42 weeks agoLiquigas SuperSix Evo.
Liquigas SuperSix Evo. Classic lines.
- Speedplay Zero Stainless Steel Pedals1 year 42 weeks agoBlimey, they sound
Blimey, they sound finickety!
Do you have to buy them flowers?
Will they refuse to 'clip in' for a month if you forget your anniversary?
- Norwich MP urges road users to observe 'chain of respect' following deaths of two cyclists in city1 year 42 weeks agoMotorcyclists wear ear-buds
Motorcyclists wear ear-buds to damp out high-frequency wind-noise primarily. Lower-frequency noise, like major components of engine noise, still can get through mostly.
That said, things happen so quickly on a motorcycle on the road, and the spatial resolution from sound is so limited, that your ears are far far less useful on a motorcycle than on a bicycle. If you want to stay alive on the road on a motorcycle, you really really must use your eyes and always give yourself enough time to do so.
On a bicycle, I've found sound and ears are a quite useful safety aid. You get some time to hear vehicles approaching from behind.
- TDS Stage 41 year 42 weeks agosilas chime wrote:Looks ansilas chime wrote:
Looks an even worse decision now Albasini's in the break.
He didnt get into the break that went clear
- Which big, strong alu frameset?1 year 42 weeks agoLooks alright, but not as
Looks alright, but not as Aero as the S1
- George Hincapie to retire in August after breaking Tour de France appearance record, final race will be USA Pro Cycling Challenge1 year 42 weeks agoWhats Jens on?
Whats Jens on?
- waving to fellow cyclists1 year 42 weeks agoBe human and wave ... sod the
Be human and wave ... sod the bike or mode ... its about not being a twat
- TDS Stage 41 year 42 weeks agoI'm playing purist, not great
I'm playing purist, not great so far, but my team is for the climbs
Robert Gesink (RAB)
Bauke Mollema (RAB)
Peter Sagan (LIQ)
Heinrich Haussler (GRM)
Gorka Izagirre (EUS)
Will Routley (SPT)
Mikel Astarloza (EUS)
Bart de Clercq (LOT)
Alexander Efimkin (TT1)
- FS: Shimano 105 Chainset (53/39 175mm) and Ultegra Cassette (will split)1 year 42 weeks agoWhat model number is the
What model number is the crankset please?
- Hertfordshire County Council opens consultation on cycling strategy in southwest of county1 year 42 weeks agoDid the council really say it
Did the council really say it would "asses all comments" as reported in the final paragraph? Sounds a bit much coming from those bums at County Hall.
- TDS Stage 41 year 42 weeks agoLooks an even worse decision
Looks an even worse decision now Albasini's in the break.
- Which big, strong alu frameset?1 year 42 weeks agoAny thoughts on the Canyon
Any thoughts on the Canyon Ultimate AL?
- waving to fellow cyclists1 year 42 weeks agoThis is tougher than it first
This is tougher than it first looks; a pedalec and on the pavement....obviously a twat. Would probably wave back so as not to look a big head but then hope that he achieves enlightenment before he kills and/or brings real cyclists into (greater) disrepute!
- Wait just a goddam minute...1 year 42 weeks agoOh and finally just to clear
Oh and finally just to clear something up regarding the opening post. As it stands at the moment you are not being penalised points , that would be taking points off you which is not happening.Anyway rant over.
- Norwich MP urges road users to observe 'chain of respect' following deaths of two cyclists in city1 year 42 weeks agoThe pivotal word in this for
The pivotal word in this for me is "respect" - sadly this is an aspect of modern life that IMHO is sadly diminishing from all facets of life not just road use.
- Wait just a goddam minute...1 year 42 weeks agoMy view doesnt change, the
My view doesnt change, the game is for all but the premium membership has its bonuses.One is prizes and two , well its your overall score. You have paid to play the extra events.
The notion that it is unfair that you go down a place in your league table cause you didnt go premium being unfair is in my opinion not right. As I stated, in each competition you are on an even playing field with everyone else. In the overall if you dont pay you dont get full points and will drop places. Its not as if its big money for the year.
And if as you stated the premium membership has benefited all then all the more reason to leave the points stand.
The opening posters title did get my back up a bit, but he has since clarified it was tongue in cheek. We will have to agree to disagree, and at the end of the day its up to the guys what they deem fair.
- TDS Stage 41 year 42 weeks agoyes spilak has abandoned
yes spilak has abandoned
I played safe
My team is
- Dancing on the grave of Andy Schleck...1 year 42 weeks ago@jimmythecuckoo - Andy
@jimmythecuckoo - Andy Schleck is 'the man we all love to hate'? That's a bit strong, isn't it? I think he's the man we saw as being a future 'great' of the cycling world. He's currently wildly off-form and is therefore a huge disappointment. But to hate him? That seems harsh. Pity him for having JB as a mentor, perhaps.
- Saddle height1 year 42 weeks agoUp the seat tube works for
Up the seat tube works for me!
- Sausage-powered six-year-old rides from Northampton to Tower Bridge... and keeps pedalling1 year 42 weeks agoWell done Edward!
Well done Edward!
- Sausage-powered six-year-old rides from Northampton to Tower Bridge... and keeps pedalling1 year 42 weeks agoMe and a mate did a 26-mile
Me and a mate did a 26-mile ride for multiple sclerosis when I was ten or eleven, but that's not a patch on this!
- TDS Stage 41 year 42 weeks agoI bought Rui Costa and Pinot
I bought Rui Costa and Pinot in for GC points,they replaced Velits and Albasini(shoild have taken out Spilak by the looks of it).
- Norwich MP urges road users to observe 'chain of respect' following deaths of two cyclists in city1 year 42 weeks agoPresumably motorcyclists wear
Presumably motorcyclists wear them to dampen their own engine sounds? So there's little chance in the first place of hearing anything else on the road the way a cyclist would.
It's not just the traffic behind you either, no matter how much you look behind, danger can come from anywhere and often out of sight - but not out of earshot.
A few years back I was riding on my commute through the Pepys Estate in Deptford, heard some crashing noises ahead and to my left - couldn't see anything, but I slowed because I knew something wasn't right.
A tipper lorry came tearing round the corner, it had just flytipped a load, and the tipping mechanism was still up.
If I'd had the Dead Kennedys or whoever playing on my headphones, even if I'd heard that, I don't it wouldn't have registered as quickly or that I would have been so alert to potential danger.
If I'd maintained my speed, I'd have been right in the lorry's path and there would have been nothing either of us could have done about it.
Traffic is unpredictable, and that incident is a very extreme example of it - there is no way on earth you could anticipate something like that happening, and there's no way I could have reacted if I hadn't heard it.
I still don't wear headphones when I ride.
- Sausage-powered six-year-old rides from Northampton to Tower Bridge... and keeps pedalling1 year 42 weeks agoGood on ya !! (wish my kids
Good on ya !! (wish my kids would cycle like that !)
- Sausage-powered six-year-old rides from Northampton to Tower Bridge... and keeps pedalling1 year 42 weeks agogood lad