- Skins Vs UCI legal action has better than 50 per cent chance of success says company boss1 year 29 weeks agoSkins will of course be
Skins will of course be refunding all the cyclists who bought their products before the Armstrong scandal broke, in the mistaken belief that the peloton was propelled by super tight long johns?
This is a nonsense lawsuit; I'd be surprised if injury lawyers 4 U would touch it.
- Culprit taking orders on disc-equipped aero road bike + video1 year 29 weeks agoHope the bike is fast, as
Hope the bike is fast, as you're likely to be pursued by the rozzers with branding like that.
- Some "lovely" journalism again1 year 29 weeks agoShe commented
"When I was
"When I was living in Kingston-upon-Thames, I lost count of the number of cyclists who used to think nothing of riding in the middle of the road, having a chat, seemingly oblivious to other road users, including pedestrians"
Since when do pedestrians walk down the centre of the road ?????
Utter drivel from a stupid pain in the arse.
- Just in: Enigma Effusion1 year 29 weeks agoYes they can be painted and
Yes they can be painted and there are a few examples, but part of its appeal is generally the natural titanium finish, so you don't see many painted ti bikes
- Updated: Lizzie Armitstead joins other Team GB medallists for 2012 Superstars on Saturday night (+ video)1 year 29 weeks agoBrian Jacks lived near where
Brian Jacks lived near where I was living at in mid-1980s, he had two bungalows knocked into one IIRC.
Sometimes used to see him on local golf course, he had a totally pro looking bag complete with his name emblazoned on it just in case anyone didn't recognise him, which I always thought was taking the piss a bit.
- Livestrong formally changes name, drops Lance Armstrong from title1 year 29 weeks ago"he feels it's better for the
"he feels it's better for the organization that he step away a bit"
So everyone else at Livestrong was asking him to stay . . .
- Some "lovely" journalism again1 year 29 weeks agoVery lazy journalism
Very lazy journalism indeed...
- Continental GP 4 Season Tyres - Anyone running these???1 year 29 weeks agoBeen using them for four
Been using them for four years now on my Pegoretti and I love them. They are the perfect all year, whatever the occasion tyre for a road bike. So far, never had a puncture...
- Just in: Enigma Effusion1 year 29 weeks agoVery smart. As a matter of
Very smart. As a matter of interest, can titanium frames be painted or powder coated ?
- Updated: Lizzie Armitstead joins other Team GB medallists for 2012 Superstars on Saturday night (+ video)1 year 29 weeks agoI had a long chat with David
I had a long chat with David Hemery when we were both standing up on a train from Paddington a few months before the Olympics. A charming man.
He confessed to being almost as proud of his Superstars prowess as his Olympic gold medal.
- Colnago exhibit one-off Mapei C591 year 29 weeks agoWhy didn't they spec the K
Why didn't they spec the K Zero with the Campy TT crankset? That would be the only gripe I have with the whole bike though...
- Livestrong formally changes name, drops Lance Armstrong from title1 year 29 weeks agoThat's true, and the worst of
That's true, and the worst of it is that had he come back from cancer to ride clean and just be a decent domestique with his old aggressive style, maybe won a few stages or one-day races, it would still have been one of the greatest cancer comebacks ever, and we'd have respected him for it.
- Campag Chainring advice?1 year 29 weeks agoyou'll need a new chain to
you'll need a new chain to achieve all gears should you end up in a big/big combo.
be careful with campag cranks, some rings are dished, some run larger bolt holes (only carbon iirc)
- Two week Welsh Police campaign sees 1,000 drivers fined for using phone at wheel1 year 29 weeks agoGiven that enforcing a law
Given that enforcing a law against using hands free would be almost unenforceable, and that the law about phoning without hands free could be enforced more forceably, I'd say that complaining about using hands free might be a bit counterproductive.
Better to focus on something that is achievable.
Well done those Welsh police forces.
- Two week Welsh Police campaign sees 1,000 drivers fined for using phone at wheel1 year 29 weeks agoGood idea from SimonE - need
Good idea from SimonE - need every motorist to think every cyclist is a plan clothes copper with a camera
- 'Stupid twats' website issues apology after backlash - we look at the company behind it1 year 29 weeks agosim1515 wrote:what peoplesim1515 wrote:
what people seem to be objecting to is blaming the deaths of cyclists on the behaviour of that minority when there is no evidence to back the connection up.
Victim-blaming for free publicity. That's probably a feather in your cap in advertising.
- Bristol 'crossgate: the Council responds1 year 29 weeks agoIt is, but then again, here
It is, but then again, here in the Shires, the only reason the entire place hasn't been given over to 70mph expressways at the behest of the governing Tory councillors is a little obstructionism by the (more reasonable) officers.
- Updated: Lizzie Armitstead joins other Team GB medallists for 2012 Superstars on Saturday night (+ video)1 year 29 weeks agoAt least Keegan's bonce was
At least Keegan's bonce was well protected by his natural helmet.
- Two week Welsh Police campaign sees 1,000 drivers fined for using phone at wheel1 year 29 weeks agoPretty much, from the
Pretty much, from the research, it shows that hazard perception may be impaired if using hands free, also that the same is true when talking to passengers in the car. I'm also saying I think there are a lot of other distractions in the car so it's hard to draw a line. The line that has been drawn is that talking on your phone is illegal, talking on your hands free is not (although advice is to avoid it), talking to passengers is not (although there is evidence to show it can be as distracting as using hands free) and the other distractions aren't either. All of this means I can use my hands free and talk to passengers although now I've been enlightened, I'll try to avoid them both or take extra care when doing it.
- HELP, itv is KILLING Eurosport!1 year 29 weeks agoYou can get Eurosport with
You can get Eurosport with commentary in German for free with a LIDL satellite dish or similar. I only have "Restaurant German", and still prefer this to Phil and Paul the Ostrich Brothers.
- Two week Welsh Police campaign sees 1,000 drivers fined for using phone at wheel1 year 29 weeks agosim1515 wrote:That's thesim1515 wrote:
That's the thing, it doesn't seem that the research done on the comparisons hasn't yielded any actual evidence, there are opinions on the cognitive loads of talking to someone who isn't there but no evidence as yet.
Not quite true - the research has yielded evidence (which shows that "hands free" conversations *are* distracting to an extent that affects hazard perception &c).
What (may) not be there is evidence about how distracting your other examples may be in comparison, and a mechanism by which the distraction is happening/differing.
(Sorry - quick edit - on looking, I think the balance of evidence is slightly in favour of passenger conversations being less distracting (more studies show this). Meta analysis (studies of studies) isn't easy to find, but suggests "as distracting". However, your hands free mobile use is more likely than not to affect your driving adversely, regardless of how other things may affect it.)Quote:
And for you to say that none of those is as distracting is obviously your opinion (which you're entitled to) but if there are no studies, it can't be based on fact.
So your point is that hands free *is* affecting hazard perception &c significantly, but so (possibly) are other things (some of which the Highway Code advises people not to do too) to a possibly equal degree?
- Two week Welsh Police campaign sees 1,000 drivers fined for using phone at wheel1 year 29 weeks agoThe worst is driving through
The worst is driving through a construction zone and seeing motorists on their phones.
- Skins Vs UCI legal action has better than 50 per cent chance of success says company boss1 year 29 weeks agoCycling's leadership must
Cycling's leadership must change but I feel like the Skin's lawsuit is just a publicity stunt.
- Livestrong formally changes name, drops Lance Armstrong from title1 year 29 weeks agoHave to agree with the
Have to agree with the incrediblebike people already think of it as the livestrong foundation not the LA foundation and have always associated it with Lance. I bet this charity starts to slowly dry up and die due to the lance scandal.
- Bristol 'crossgate: the Council responds1 year 29 weeks agoDave Atkinson wrote:To beDave Atkinson wrote:
To be fair to Gary, this doesn't sound like it's his decision, or, judging by his correspondence, one that he's entirely happy with.
And that's the problem council employees (the tail) wagging the elected councilors (the dog). If he does not have the guts to over ride a council employee he should stand down and let somebody who has the guts have his job, This problem of local government councilors using council employees as an excuse for doing the wrong thing is endemic in English and Welsh local politics.