- Why won't the UCI allow disc brakes on the road?1 year 20 weeks agoRemember Mario Chippolini? A
Remember Mario Chippolini? A quote of his was 'if you brake you don't win' On a long ride today we had some really fast descents, top speed was 82kph, I didn't really have to brake very much at all, disk brakes wouldn't have made any difference. Some of our companions were a little over cautious and were on their brakes a lot, maybe it's just inexperienced riders who think disk brakes will make them a better rider
I have no interest in using disks on my fast road bikes, in the wet or dry (just learn to anticipate) However, a touring bike with disks, belt drive Rholff hub, drop handlebars, etc could be quite tasty
- Team Sky's Jonathan Tiernan-Locke asked to explain blood values by UCI1 year 20 weeks agoThe problem is, we all have
The problem is, we all have had so many heart breaks we have become very cynical. I'm right behind JTL until proven otherwise. There's only so much disappointment you can take in our sport, let's get behind a new era! (was going to say positive outcome until I realised my error!!)
- Team Sky's Jonathan Tiernan-Locke asked to explain blood values by UCI1 year 20 weeks agoCrikey there is a lot of
Crikey there is a lot of ignorance here. Let the investigations take their course. It's a fantastic thing that the sport is now in a situation where riders are asked to explain anomalies like this. Wegelius was also asked to explain anomalies in his blood values several years ago. Very occasionally there is a bona fide explanation. If he's guilty he has a lot to answer for. But if he's innocent, will everybody that has buried him come out to say "I was a judgemental and ill-informed knob"? No, they won't. So just hold your horses for the moment.
- Road Worlds 2013: Portugal's Rui Costa beats Joaquin Rodriguez of Spain to rainbow jersey1 year 20 weeks agoamazing race!!
- Road Worlds 2013: Portugal's Rui Costa beats Joaquin Rodriguez of Spain to rainbow jersey1 year 20 weeks agoCongratulations to Costa,
Congratulations to Costa, although I have to admit I was rooting for Rodriguez until the end.
- Video: Police apologise for stopping helmetcam cyclist - after admitting their officer broke the law1 year 20 weeks ago....and surely it should be
....and surely it should be the Police Officer apologising not someone sat in an office!
- Video: Police apologise for stopping helmetcam cyclist - after admitting their officer broke the law1 year 20 weeks agoIt's a simple case that he
It's a simple case that he probably hates cyclist. Only difference is to every other driver on the road is that he is in a position to forcefully stop and challenge you. If you don't abide then he is also in a position to arrest you. I work for the ambulance service and it is the same there. I've worked with people who clearly don't have the time of day for cyclist and if they are called out to them during shift, following being knocked off etc... then they show it (including the police that are are also on scene).
- World Championship Road Race1 year 20 weeks agoA few riders got points even
A few riders got points even though they didn't finish the race.
- Road.cc kit sighted!1 year 20 weeks agowouldn't have been me, i'd
wouldn't have been me, i'd probably drown on the swim
- Sussex hit and run: Three arrests and police appeal for witnesses after killing of 27 year old woman cyclist1 year 20 weeks agoNeil753 wrote:Prison isn'tNeil753 wrote:
Prison isn't neccessarily a deterent: the driver of this car, with his possibly chaotic life, might even enjoy three hot meals a day, Sky Sports TV, and the company of similarly disposed individuals. And, as we know, he won't be inside for very long in the grand scheme of things.
But what these people fear is publicity. There needs to be some sort of on-line "hall of shame", complete with mug shots and a list of offences, which can be easily displayed at places as diverse as motorway service stations, town centres and football grounds, and everyone with a driving licence should be required to waive their right to privacy if they kill.
Then, at least for those convicted of causing death by dangerous driving, I'd like to see some sort of regular community service obligation until they are too old to continue; partly to act as a visible deterent to others and partly to help pay for the enormous cost of each of these deaths.
In addition, there has to be an automatic driving ban for life. We've really got to push for this measure to be mandatory, rather than all this "jailed for life" clamour which doesn't really help our cause.
Finally, I'd permanently increase their basic rate of tax by 5 percent, for life, so that the financial penalty is directly proportional to income, rather than a minor (and easily forgotten) fine, and spend that money on the resources needed to catch more of these dangerous individuals.
Harsh? Yes. Neccessary? Absolutely.
Thats actually something that might work, rather than just being a knee-jerk reaction looking for retribution - which is entirely understandable but doesn't always help in the long term.
- World Championship Road Race1 year 20 weeks agoRui Costa was working for no
Rui Costa was working for no one those last few kms. Really wanted Purito to take it, and not just cos he was in my team.
- Team Sky's Jonathan Tiernan-Locke asked to explain blood values by UCI1 year 20 weeks agoI've no axe to grind either
I've no axe to grind either way. Lets see what happens. If the training regime wasn't working for him, it could/would fit with the changes to his blood values. Give the guy a fair chance!
- Team Sky's Jonathan Tiernan-Locke asked to explain blood values by UCI1 year 20 weeks agoAgree with graphite here.
Agree with graphite here. It's a situation where people are thrust into the spotlight without the facts being confirmed. 'we think we've found something, we want to know more now here's an open letter'.
I hope he isn't guilty, that it is explained by investigation. You would think this is the sort of thing Sky would want to monitor themselves. 6 or 12 month biological passport data prior to joining and then tracking their current values against the old ones.
- Video: Police apologise for stopping helmetcam cyclist - after admitting their officer broke the law1 year 20 weeks agoSpent some time talking to a
Spent some time talking to a bicycle mounted policeman on Thursday outside our bike shop in central London.
I specifically asked him about the law on ASL and london borough of Camden's two month old, 20mph borough wide speed limit, sad to say he was clueless about both.
- Road.cc kit sighted!1 year 20 weeks agop.s thanks 02curtisb that
p.s thanks 02curtisb that sounds like the kit I saw...emergency over!
I must confess that I too have done triathlons...*hides face in shame* back to the cycling for the winter then...
- Cambridge Crime Commissioner: Making motorists liable for crashes is ‘very silly’1 year 20 weeks agoPut the police on unmarked
Put the police on unmarked bikes in non obvious clothes and I'd bet they'd start enforcing the laws designed to make cycling safer!
- Rapha launch commemorative Tour de France Team Sky jersey and new range of winter gloves1 year 20 weeks agohope these new gloves are
hope these new gloves are better than the older ones, cos they were absolutely rubbish ...
- Sussex hit and run: Three arrests and police appeal for witnesses after killing of 27 year old woman cyclist1 year 20 weeks agoGkam84 wrote:death byGkam84 wrote:
death by dangerous driving, drinking and driving and driving while disqualified.....where are the rest of the charges??
Surely there should be
Death by dangerous driving
Driving while disqualified
Driving without insurance
Fleeing the seen of a crime
Theft of a motor vehicle
I'm sure there could be more that I'm missing.
As for the snide comments above, please keep that crap to yourself, someone has died.
Thoughts go out to this poor woman's family
Well put gkam84
- Road.cc kit sighted!1 year 20 weeks agoAh! results show a felix
Ah! results show a felix young from uni of bath finished 33rd overall,maybe it was him I saw and not dave after all....
- Rapha launch commemorative Tour de France Team Sky jersey and new range of winter gloves1 year 20 weeks agoPerhaps if Froome et al had
Perhaps if Froome et al had had these gloves today they wouldnt have climbed off like big babies.
- Road.cc kit sighted!1 year 20 weeks agoBy the way, some of us did/do
By the way, some of us did/do tri as well!
- Road.cc kit sighted!1 year 20 weeks agoIve just graduated from bath
Ive just graduated from bath university and the cycling club there has a blue kit with road.cc across the front and back and down the sides. Its blue with bits of yellow sorry i cant find a pic!
- Sussex hit and run: Three arrests and police appeal for witnesses after killing of 27 year old woman cyclist1 year 20 weeks agoCouldn't agree more, broke
Couldn't agree more, broke multiple laws including murder!
- Road.cc kit sighted!1 year 20 weeks agoHi Gkam, the kit was blue and
Hi Gkam, the kit was blue and had the road.cc logo running vertically down the sides of the jersey and shorts....it may have been the kuota kit in a different colour than the one shown?
- RSP Membrane clear lens glasses1 year 20 weeks agoAnother vote for bollé. At
Another vote for bollé. At work we use them as safety glasses, and wear them all day. Comfortable and high quality, and cheap.