- Fantasy Cycling 2012 Total Rider Scores1 year 34 weeks agoClick on the 'riders' tab
Click on the 'riders' tab then click on a rider's name to see his total scores.
edit: actually, thats only for riders riding the current race
- Jens Voigt signs up to race for one more season with RadioShack-Nissan1 year 34 weeks agoNoMapNoCompass wrote:"HeNoMapNoCompass wrote:
"He joined Leopard Trek for the 2011 season after the demise of his former outfit, Cervelo TestTeam, which he had joined, when it was called Team CSC, in 2004."
Top class journalism there folks.
You should probably correct that, don't think the Jensi ever raced for the Cervélo Test Team. Even then, the CTT was never anything to do with CSC.
Quite right, dangers of writing before first coffee of the morning. I'll go sit in the corner with the dunce's cap on.
- Who is going where ?1 year 34 weeks agoHere are the other's that are
Here are the other's that are moving
Duggan to Spidertech
Capecchi and Szmyd to Movistar
Nibali, Agnoli and Vanotti to Astana
Nerz and Oss to BMC
Flecha to Vacansoleil-DCM
Nordhaug to Rabobank
Appollonio is off to AG2R
Tschopp is off to this new IAM Cycling team
Hutarovich to AG2R
Rasch to IAM Cycling
Hinault to IAM Cycling
Lemarchand to Cofidis
Nuyens to Garmin
Matthews to Greenedge
Fuglsang to Astana
Kiserlovski to RSNT
They are also trying to bring in Cancellara, Elmiger, Kristof Goddaert, Tony Gallopin, Mickael Buffaz, Geoffrey Soup and Rémi Cusin
I wouldn't be surprised to see Michael Albasini go there as his dad's one of the guys setting it up
Already signed are Hinault, Rasch, Tschopp
Andrea Guardini is leaving Farnese for Astana
Samuel Dumoulin is leaving Cofidis for AG2R
Carlos Betancur is leaving Acqua & Sapone for AG2R
Romain Hardy from Bretagne-Schuller to Cofidis
Jerome Coppel from Saur-Sojasun to Cofidis
Marko Kump from Adria Mobil to Saxo
Looks like its going to be a busy transfer market if this is anything to go by
Incase you are wondering how I found all this out??
I got BORED at 2am and decided to go through EVERY rider that had a Wikipedia entry and see if there was any gossip, thats how I harvested all those links above
SO every team here
Also, its amazing how many former dopers are at continental level that I never knew about and thought they had disappeared forever. Here's an example
- Who is going where ?1 year 34 weeks agoKiserlovski to
Kiserlovski to RSNT
- VUELTA Stage 4 Barakaldo-Estacion de Valdezcaray1 year 34 weeks agoNicolas Roche (ALM) (for Ten
Nicolas Roche (ALM) (for Ten Dam)
Fredrik Kessiakoff (AST)
Eros Capecchi (LIQ) (for de Gendt)
Daniel Moreno (KAT)
Bart de Clercq (LOT)
Johan Vansummeren (GRM)
Paolo Tiralongo (AST)
Gorka Verdugo (EUS)
Rinaldo Nocentini (ALM)
No-one in the break
- Who is going where ?1 year 34 weeks agoDarthshearer wrote:ApparentlyDarthshearer wrote:
Apparently JTL has signed for a World Tour team, now I wonder who that could be
Saxo He's already signed a letter of intent to join them, but they are keeping transfers quiet until the end of the season. Because they fear riders will be dropped from further races so they do not score UCI points
- USA pro cycling challenge1 year 34 weeks agoLooks like some of the folks
Looks like some of the folks who fared well in the TdF, Olympics, etc. are finding the high altitude to be an issue. Noted, for next year.
- Anyone bought anything cool recently1 year 34 weeks agoI have recently acquired the
I have recently acquired the new book about Reg Harris.
I did not buy it as it was sent to me by the author; Robert Dineen for giving a little help in his research.
How cool/smug is that?
It's a cracking warts-and-all read and I would advise everyone to buy their own copy. There are various offers from Waterstones and Amazon. It also comes in Kindle format. Enjoy.
- VUELTA Stage 4 Barakaldo-Estacion de Valdezcaray1 year 34 weeks agoId say either swift or
Id say either swift or degenkolb, not decided yet
- Sneak peek: Genesis 2013 bike range1 year 34 weeks agoMaximo
I've had my 2011 Croix
I've had my 2011 Croix de Fer for 18 months now. In that time it has done everything from regular commuting, bike camping with tent, Muddy Hell CX race, the cobbles in the Tour of Flanders sportive, the South Downs Way and regular hacking around the lanes. Only thing I did was swap the rear cassette out to a 28-11 which is roughly what they have these days anyway. I swap tyres depending on need but honestly this thing is bombproof. I can only afford the one bike and this has done everything I've needed.
- VUELTA Stage 4 Barakaldo-Estacion de Valdezcaray1 year 34 weeks agoSwift for Henao I guess?
Swift for Henao I guess?
I'll probably be bringing in Degenkolb,Swift and Bouhanni and possibly even PhilGil depending on whether I progress up the standings or not.
Best 'transfer' news of the day......one more year for 'The Jensie'
- Glasgow appoints 'Cycling Czar'1 year 34 weeks agoFrank McAveety has a slightly
Frank McAveety has a slightly checkered past, it's true
It is also worth noting however that he has been active in winning investment for Schools, establishing the Local Authority Standards Committee and pushing for free entry for schoolkids into SPL matches
I personally have little time for the Labour party in general and Glasgow City Council in particular - but there are FAR worse candidates for this role and to his credit he does work hard in the roles he is given (pork-piegate not withstanding)
- VUELTA Stage 4 Barakaldo-Estacion de Valdezcaray1 year 34 weeks agostupid computer making me
stupid computer making me post twice
- Genetic Metazoa Road Brake calipers1 year 34 weeks agoEven better value
Even better value here!
- VUELTA Stage 4 Barakaldo-Estacion de Valdezcaray1 year 34 weeks agoI guess if you look at like
I guess if you look at like that, gonna bring in another lampre guy tomorrow and be rid of machado and then another star sprinter
Yup he is, i was torn between going for him or verdugo
- ITV 4 Cycling Show1 year 34 weeks agoWhat an idiot.
What an idiot.
Should they ban dark coloured cars, cans etc incase we cant see them?
- Jens Voigt signs up to race for one more season with RadioShack-Nissan1 year 34 weeks agoGreat news. I was wondering
Great news. I was wondering on my ride today if Jens would do another year. Really glad he's going to show us lesser mortals how to do it. One of the nicest guys in cycling.
- Vuelta Stage 3: Valverde beats Rodriguez on the line, Froome responds to Contador attacks1 year 34 weeks agoDoctor Fegg wrote:I don'tDoctor Fegg wrote:
I don't think Froome was struggling. It's in his style to pace himself back up to the attack, rather than immediately jumping on the pedals every time someone launches themselves off the front.
Sensible IMHO, as there were a number of attacks but they didn't get very far and it didn't take him long to come back.
He told Matt Rendell afterwards that he was happy, he had ridden it at his own pace. And right at the finish he managed to squeeze through and cross the line in front of Contador to grab a time bonus.
Don't forget this is a 3 week race with lots of mountains, he needn't panic the first time they hit a hill.
- Glasgow appoints 'Cycling Czar'1 year 34 weeks agoI see your quotes have been
I see your quotes have been changed slightly from that in Monday's Evening Times
"A CYCLING 'czar' has been appointed by Glasgow City Council to get more people on their bikes by 2020.
Councillor Frank McAveety has been given the job of making cycling the most popular activity in the city.
The former sports minister said he was determined to see biking overtake walking, football, swimming and dancing as the city's favourite sport."
The omission of the TRAN sparked wide comment and presumably shows that many parts of the administration are seriously out of touch
He's right about the holes in the road though - still have the one that broke my hip in 2001, and some where the tram lines were removed in the mid 1960's open for the business of bringing down cyclists and damaging bikes. You'd think that with 50 years to do the work properly they could have sorted the old tram lines potholes problem.
- VUELTA Stage 4 Barakaldo-Estacion de Valdezcaray1 year 34 weeks agoBut you're 2 ahead of the
But you're 2 ahead of the game with Davis and Bouhanni already in for tomorrow.
Anacona's an interesting one?
- ITV 4 Cycling Show1 year 34 weeks agoFor 'newbie' stuff have a
For 'newbie' stuff have a look here
and this is a bit more obscure but fun too
Hi Viz? Sometimes. All black gear? Never!
- one for dave1 year 34 weeks agoi don't think so: the game
i don't think so: the game will furnish you with enough transfers to complete your team but they'll count as transfers against stage 2
- VUELTA Stage 4 Barakaldo-Estacion de Valdezcaray1 year 34 weeks agowell i have lost the plot so
well i have lost the plot so made 2 changes
Froome (in for JVDB)
Anacona (in for terpstra)
- ITV 4 Cycling Show1 year 34 weeks agoShould all pedestrians wear
Should all pedestrians wear hi-viz too? You know, just in case they want to cross the roads that motorists own?
- Proper bike fitting assessment - Can you recomend one for me?1 year 34 weeks agohttp://cyclefit.co.uk/
speak to these guys, this is who trained me in the trek fit. he will probably give the best advise on who to see.