- RetroRonde van Vlaanderen marks Tour of Flanders centenary1 year 23 weeks agoAll the clothing has to be
All the clothing has to be wool? Where do you even get wool bibs these days?
- Tour of Oman Stage 6: Froome seals overall win, Bouhanni takes final stage in the sprint1 year 23 weeks agoI've said it before and i
I've said it before and i will say it again - Froome WILL be our greatest ever road cyclist.
Take nothing away from Wiggo but this lad is just class .
- Volta ao Algarve Stage 31 year 23 weeks agoI'm off to check the
I'm off to check the scores.....TERatcliffe26 has won the stage on his own tour
Stewards enquiry launched into unusual betting patterns, illegal substances, non UCI approved parts.....
- Shimano 105 chain replacement?1 year 23 weeks agoThanks guys!
- Oxford University professor calls for performance-enhancing drugs to be legalised1 year 23 weeks agoQuote:Savulescu, aQuote:
Savulescu, a world-renowned philosopher and bioethicist, has argued for a decade that prohibition doesn't work but instead promotes links to organised crime.
Why, Savulescu is like totally right. Only last week, I was dodging bullets on Mare Street from rival EPO dealers. To say nothing of the bloody HGH wars in Liverpool and Manchester, chain gangs of lycra-clad, uzi-weilding assassins terrorising the A58 and A579.
- Volta ao Algarve Stage 31 year 23 weeks agoAlex Dowsett DNF. Glad I
Alex Dowsett DNF. Glad I hadn't brought him in for tomorrow.
- Volta ao Algarve Stage 31 year 23 weeks agosimon F wrote:Full scoressimon F wrote:
Oops, results I meant not scores.
- Volta ao Algarve Stage 31 year 23 weeks agoFull scores are out at
Full scores are out at http://www.voltaalgarve.com/classificacoes/Etapa3.pdf
- Oxford University professor calls for performance-enhancing drugs to be legalised1 year 23 weeks agoSorry Tony, I reckon you're
Sorry Tony, I reckon you're (sadly literally) dead wrong here. The benefits from EPO and similar drugs stack up with dosage. More EPO = faster riding = more chance of complications from thickening blood etc. Even more EPO = even faster riding = even more chance of complications from thickening blood. Taking your argument to it's logical conclusion it's only a matter of time before we get to the point that several riders die on every big race or grand tour because they got too close to the built-in limits in our bodies.
That may be entertainment to you, but not to me. Nor I suspect to most readers of this website. You do yourself and your readers an injustice with your comments.
- Tour of Oman Stage 6: Froome seals overall win, Bouhanni takes final stage in the sprint1 year 23 weeks agoBrilliant win Chris, well
Brilliant win Chris, well done and well deserved, what a start to the season.
- Seaon Total Score1 year 24 weeks agoTER is right, your Oman total
TER is right, your Oman total is based on the last Oman score whereas Algarve hasn't been updated since BEFORE the last Oman stage.
The difference is 42, your last Oman score.
- Seaon Total Score1 year 24 weeks agoI think it is in part to
I think it is in part to overlapping races, so I think the season total is based on the last stage update, and there has not been a stage update for algarve. So as the stages are separate when you go into the Algarve stage it has not been updated for the overall score, although your Oman stage will show in the stage list if you get me?
So basically the Total reflects whatever your score is after that competitions last update
- Oxford University professor calls for performance-enhancing drugs to be legalised1 year 24 weeks agoNo I'm sorry John, but all
No I'm sorry John, but all you have to do is read local newspapers and you'll find regular reports of teen and twenty something (usually males) dying in their sleep or sometimes on the football or rugby pitch, none of whom have anything to do with professional sport. An ostensibly fit 12 year old died of a heart attack playing rugby not that long before Christmas. Indeed, in some sports, Football being one, you will also see more and more reports about young footballers forced to give up the game as more sophisticated health screening reveals hitherto unsuspected congenital heart defects, the sort of thing that probably wouldn't be a problem for most people but which could prove potentially fatal in top level athletes who regularly pushes their body to its limits.
Also as an aside, in Italy where EPO was, and possibly still is, available to use over the counter and where allegedly even gran fondo riders regularly use it - you don't seem to see many reports of them dying, something you used to do.
On the question of whether the races of the 90s and 00s inspired me… not sure that is the right word, I certainly enjoyed and was enthused by them. As Dave Brailsford said professional sport needs to be credible as and entertainment - so the bits that I didn't enjoy were Landis's solo attack in the 2006 Tour and Ricco taking off like a rocket in 2008 because their cheating was so obvious and so obviously going to be caught…although even Ricco was sort of entertaining to watch in a cartoonish sort of way.
I'm not sure that the argument that if PEDs were legal it would be al all about the team with the best drugs for any number of reasons. One practical one being that PEDS all come from drugs that are being developed for clinical use which cost tens of millions to develop, so there is never likely to be some secret wonder drug that one team has. They are all going to be using the same stuff and no cycling team ever is going to be in a position to develop it's own drugs… unless of course Pfizer or Smith Kline or whoever decide to inject some money into the sport by sponsoring teams and putting them on their R&D programs.
The main reason though that the argument that it will become a race between chemists doesn't stack up for me is that the teams that do best will always be the ones with the best riders, support staff and equipment and those teams in the future, as now, will be the ones with the biggest budgets. In professional sport money buys success.
- Seaon Total Score1 year 24 weeks agoBlimy- I didn't expect that
Blimy- I didn't expect that to work.
- Seaon Total Score1 year 24 weeks agoI hope this works. I've tried
I hope this works. I've tried to do 2 screen prints to illustrate my problem. I've never attached a file into a forum post before so I suspect it will go wrong.
- Woman charged with killing teenage cyclist while over drink drive limit1 year 24 weeks agoRepeats to self "The death
Repeats to self "The death penalty is still wrong". Several f***ing times. Difficult to see her getting off this one without a substantial spell inside.
- Oxford University professor calls for performance-enhancing drugs to be legalised1 year 24 weeks agoUndiagnosed heart disease is
Undiagnosed heart disease is the iron injections of the 2010s.
- leagues1 year 24 weeks agoI am scandalized by this,mas
I am scandalized by this,mas is practically the best player in the game and he's languishing in about 200th place,scored 239 in opening stage of Oman,what is going on,great fantasy game,tireless work from folks behind the scenes but make it fair for all.
- Volta ao Algarve Stage 31 year 24 weeks ago1,2,3,5,7,10,11 for my
1,2,3,5,7,10,11 for my standard team
2,3,5,7,11 for my purist team
Scores will be u as soon as the official PDF is posted on the website
- leagues1 year 24 weeks agoCan we have some clarity
Can we have some clarity here? I think those premium points really should not be counted in overall tables because it's just not fair to non-premium players.
- Volta ao Algarve Stage 31 year 24 weeks agoWhat happened to DeGendt? I
What happened to DeGendt? I thought he would be up there
So I left Westra and Menchov out
- Raising bike use to 1948 levels would be true 2012 legacy, Boardman tells Get Britain Cycling Inquiry1 year 24 weeks agoFor answers join the four day
For answers join the four day cycle infrastructure study tour of Oldenburg and Bremen: http://www.camcycle.org.uk/jumpto/OldenburgTour
- Upcoming races1 year 24 weeks agoI haven't found any other one
I haven't found any other one day's to add. So its going to be as my opening post
Omloop Het Nieuwsblad 23rd Feb
Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne 24th Feb
Le Samyn 27th Feb
Strade Bianche 2nd March
- Upcoming races1 year 24 weeks agoClick the competitions
Click the competitions button, it'll list everything.
- Volta ao Algarve Stage 31 year 24 weeks agoYeah Edmondson was a good
Yeah Edmondson was a good call.