- Cavendish talks about being back on a Specialized McLaren Venge + video1 year 24 weeks agoId love to know how they have
Id love to know how they have made stiff shoes even stiffer. best bet is to send me a Venge, some shoes and a fancy langster please.
- Cheap holiday from Rapha1 year 24 weeks agoEr, I don't know where the
Er, I don't know where the typo can be. £100,000.00 is a bit too much, £10,000 is too much and £1000 might be too little. We need a slider, £100 would suit my pocket.
Do we get to fly on Lord Sugar's private jet?
- Wrong Score1 year 24 weeks agoAll seems fine
All seems fine
- Geraint Thomas wins Stage 2 to take lead in Santos Tour Down Under1 year 24 weeks agoLooking at his wrists it
Looking at his wrists it appears he's no longer trying to con people into buying those magnetic wrist thingies!
- Geraint Thomas wins Stage 2 to take lead in Santos Tour Down Under1 year 24 weeks agoSky Sports are showing live
Sky Sports are showing live coverage and highlights.
- Morvélo CityCross launched1 year 24 weeks agoThis looks great. And frites
This looks great. And frites in Halifax. Love it. Is this the beginning of the end for the Yorkshire chip?
- TDU Stage 21 year 24 weeks agoOh also Gkam, what was the
Oh also Gkam, what was the decision on yday's scores re Gerrans and De Gendt?
- Crank length1 year 24 weeks agoall the road bikes are 172.5
all the road bikes are 172.5 and my mtb runs 175 - have
to be honest and say I can't tell the difference !
- Geraint Thomas wins Stage 2 to take lead in Santos Tour Down Under1 year 24 weeks agoIs the TDU being shown on TV?
Is the TDU being shown on TV? Can't seem to find it.
- Cheap holiday from Rapha1 year 24 weeks agoSome Fella wrote:You can buySome Fella wrote:
You can buy three or four sets of Rapha bib shorts for what they are asking.
Ohh, such a dilemma. Should I:
a. go away for 3 days and ride my bike with a bunch of other posh w@nkers
b. buy a small house or flat to serve as a pension later in life?
c. have a sizeable deposit on a nicer house
d. put maybe four kids through uni
If it isn't a joke, I want to hear more about it just to marvel at what you get for your £100k.
Yes, I do wear Rapha kit.
- Carbon mudguard-equipped road bikes: the next big thing?1 year 24 weeks agoSimmo72 wrote:Apart from whenSimmo72 wrote:
Apart from when I cycle 2 miles to the station in the clothes I wear to work I never use mudguards.
So you get wet and dirty on a training ride, big deal, Harden up.
So your bike gets dirty, big deal - muc off does a wonderful job in seconds
Mudguards are evil
Ooh, good for you. Have a biscuit, Hardman. Or maybe you don't eat on rides less than 6 hours long?
Mudguards keep crap off you and off your bike, which means there's less wear and tear, and you're also not flinging road muck into the faces of your companions.
Racing excepted, a bike without mudguards is a toy.
- Geraint Thomas wins Stage 2 to take lead in Santos Tour Down Under1 year 24 weeks agoPisiformPisiform wrote:
Link to end of the race. Great sprint and worth watching.
The balance of power, if it hasn't already, is definitely shifting.
I think the expression with regards British cyclists is 'strength in depth'.
- CTC and British Cycling heavily critical of legal system over £35 fine for collision that caused cyclist's death1 year 24 weeks agoWhy are the lawmakers so
Why are the lawmakers so silent on this topic? There doesn't appear to be any national discussion about it.
- TDU Stage 21 year 24 weeks agoRIGHT, All scores should be
RIGHT, All scores should be updated and correct now if you want to check them.
Anything else, just shout and i'll have a look when I get back from doctors
- Wrong Score1 year 24 weeks agoYes, there was a bit of
Yes, there was a bit of confusion, I updated the scores at 5.30am
Dave didn't know and he put in his scores. But I've updated them again now.
All should be correct
- Morvélo CityCross launched1 year 24 weeks agoWe'll be there! Even more fun
We'll be there! Even more fun knowing what's planned.
- Cheap holiday from Rapha1 year 24 weeks agoThe good news is that it
The good news is that it seems to be cheaper for me living in Germany than for anyone in the UK. I guess because we are closer? But cheaper still for those living in the US? Surely they are further away? Actually I suspect that if only they had an Indonesian (very close) page, selling things in Rupiah, you could actually get a pretty good holiday for a bit under seven pounds! Not bad...
- Rapha Rain Jacket on sale1 year 24 weeks ago@Martin Thomas - it's a great
@Martin Thomas - it's a great piece of kit. I got the Paul Smith version in a Rapha sample sale for £50, which I thought was a steal.
As for £100,000 to ride round Malaysia for a few days, if I could afford it, I'd be tempted to go over there with my own pro mechanic and soigneur in tow, ride alongside the organised group, and still pay less! Even JVA International couldn't parody that. Surely it's a joke?
- TRIBAN 31 year 24 weeks agoI love mine!! Many bike
I love mine!! Many bike snobs do put it down but at £300 it fantastic! Yes if you can afford £600 plus for 2013 Sora or knock on the door of £1000 for something running 105. Then 2300 and unbranded – unknown cranks and cockpit bits may seem a bit pants, but I repeat its £300. For that you get a decent light ish wheelset, good brakes (own branded btwin, but work just fine!) a Sora front mec and yes a carbon fork. The frame geo feels spot on too, smooth and stable but steerable and directional when you need it to be. To repeat, £300 for 10 kilos ish, you do the maths, price for weight it is far ahead of any thing else out there.
Felt Z100 £550 (discount £480 ish) / Marlin Argengta £700ish / Bordman Sport £499 (Alloy fork)
All above run 2300 and there are many more out there from the usual suspects but not at £300
I clicked and collected mine from my nearest store and it was fully built by some one who by taking to him in the shop seemed to know and have a passion for all things bike!
- TDU Stage 21 year 24 weeks agoSend it to me as Dave is busy
Send it to me as Dave is busy this morning
Just reupdating the scores
- Wrong Score1 year 24 weeks agoWe know about this it seems
We know about this it seems to have changed since the initial update. It will be sorted soon
- TDU Stage 21 year 24 weeks agoGkam84 wrote:Yeah, I don'tGkam84 wrote:
Yeah, I don't know, I emailed Dave my csv that I uploaded and updated the back of 5....So hopefully scores will be changed soon
I will do a csv shortly and send it to see if we match, ive not checked the rest of the scores (i dont have any of the scoring riders )
- CTC and British Cycling heavily critical of legal system over £35 fine for collision that caused cyclist's death1 year 24 weeks agoA very unsatisfactory outcome
A very unsatisfactory outcome which justifies a review of the decisions made by the CPS. Reminds me of how the terms of reference for the HIllsborough inquiry were 'rigged' to deflect attention away from the police.
The cycling silk's blog on this is worth a read.
- Morvélo CityCross launched1 year 24 weeks agoThis sounds like a big pile
This sounds like a big pile of fun to me! hoping to get a pass for the day
- First look: Giant Propel Advanced SL & Envie aero road bikes +video1 year 24 weeks agomythbuster wrote:MinardiM189mythbuster wrote:MinardiM189 wrote:
Another manufacturer testing in a wind tunnel which is too small.
More meaningless aero figures.
Ha! I thought I was the only one that noticed that. Car/scale model wind tunnels are not designed for vertically tall structures.
Besides, and here is a shocker, wind tunnels are just about useless for reliably establishing real world aerodynamic performance of small structures traveling at low speeds due to the very low ratio of forward motion versus incident wind speeds. In other words, air around us is not a perfectly laminar, stable, uniform density mass as in a wind tunnel, but a swirling random mess. At car or airplane speeds, this does not matter much as the forward motion vector is orders of magnitude higher than any local vectors, but at bike speeds it matters a great deal...I'd like to see field testing become the norm for establishing aerodynamic superiority of bikes.
Lastly, Giant admitted that the setup of their bike was different to the setup of other bikes, thus how they can then combine the data and present their bike as being superior is beyond me.
I wonder when bike brands will start suing each other for misrepresentation with intent to cause commercial damage to competitors...
Field testing is extremely difficult to do accurately and far more expensive than wind tunnel testing.
Wind tunnel testing can be done accurately, even for a bicycle.