- Lance Armstrong tweets about his new bike… and it's not a Trek1 year 19 weeks agoMungoman wrote:InterestinglyMungoman wrote:
Interestingly Lance has chosen the Z1 not the Z-Zero, I suspect a good choice.
No, it's a Z-Zero - Z1 is just part of the Twitter name he has mentioned.
- TfL plans to fine motorists and dock points from licences for ignoring Advanced Stop Lines1 year 19 weeks agoI think this is the pic they
I think this is the pic they might have been looking for.
Credit and kudos to http://manchestersadvanceddrivers.blogspot.co.uk/
Oh. And this cannot come too soon.
- Twit and run story goes viral, police question driver, cyclist's Facebook response, #bloodycyclists hashtag reclaimed1 year 19 weeks ago[[[[[ One can only hope her
[[[[[ One can only hope her car-insurance company doubles her premium, seeing as how she's bragged publicly about leaving the scene of an accident, and failing to report it to police.
- Rider Names - Fall Classics1 year 19 weeks agoJose Joao Pimenta Mendes, is
Jose Joao Pimenta Mendes, is listed in the game as 27 and Portuguese, unfortunately we do not work on birthdays, so some riders may be listed as a year younger than they actually are in real life. But at this point in the season. I am not going through over 1600 riders to work out if their age is correct. That is done at the end of December, where I can just bump them all up a year
Jose Costa is a different rider for the same team....and he's not in the Dauphine startlist.....
- TfL plans to fine motorists and dock points from licences for ignoring Advanced Stop Lines1 year 19 weeks agoIs that an average
Is that an average intersection or just an anamoly? That pic drives me nuts.
- 'Disc brakes will take over' - the man from TRP tells us why1 year 19 weeks agoI'm not convinced road disks
I'm not convinced road disks actually solve any problems for me and I still haven't seen potential problems (eg dragging rotors) addressed. In this interview the market speak starts almost immediately "We know from motorsports that disc brakes are faster" faster than what exactly?.
"with those carbon fibre rotors, the drivers can leave their braking until later and reduce their lap times" thats nice, are you planning to fit carbon rotors to bicycles?
"Imagine if Nibali can dive into a corner and brake later on a descent, if he can get away by 30secs" Have you done testing to confirm this?
I'm not saying disk brakes are neccessarily a bad thing, but this knid of market speak does nothing to convince of anything other than this is just a marketing exercise to make more money. Please, feel free to prove me wrong with some actual relevant facts.
- Rider Names - Fall Classics1 year 19 weeks agoI think the rider you have
I think the rider you have listed for NetApp Endura (APP) in the game as Jose Costa (BRA) is listed as Jose Mendes in ProCyclingStats.com and the official NetApp-Endura website (http://www.netapp-endura.com/en/team/riders/).
I was curious because he appears on the Start List for the Dauphine for NetApp at cyclingnews (http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/2013-criterium-du-dauphine-start-list), and at ProCyclingStats (http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/116954022-Criterium-du-Dauphine-WT-2...) but, I didn't find him listed for the Roadcc game and he didn't appear (as Costa) in any of the websites I visited...
He's also listed as Portuguese, not Brazilian. He's also 28. I think his rider profile says 38.
- 'Disc brakes will take over' - the man from TRP tells us why1 year 19 weeks agoDan Lloyd rode some of his
Dan Lloyd rode some of his Giro previews on a road bike with disc brakes. All in all I think if he is impressed and it worked for him descending those climbs then I'm on board for disc brakes.
- Dauphine Rider Roster1 year 19 weeks agoGkam84 wrote:
Think we'llGkam84 wrote:
Think we'll have to look at Thread creating and quoting privileges on the forum.....Pretty sure there is a REVOKE access button
Why not only let Premium players quote and start threads about Fantasy Cycling... (only a joke by the way!)
- 'Disc brakes will take over' - the man from TRP tells us why1 year 19 weeks agoNot something for the peleton
Not something for the peleton but I recently put a sturmey archer drum/dynamo combo on my comuter. Brilliant stuff. Very little maintenance, very bright lighting and sealed off from the elements. A few years ago I would have scoffed at the idea of using drum brakes but now I can't imagine this bike without them. Braking is definitely a horses for courses subject.
- Dauphine Rider Roster1 year 19 weeks agoGkam84 wrote:I updated theGkam84 wrote:
I updated the start list...
I'm sure you've seen it, but here's the provisional start list for the Dauphine... They're usually pretty good and reliable!
- Proud to be a #bloodycyclist? Buy the jersey and tell the world1 year 19 weeks agoAntagonistic? Nonsense.
- Anyone used bike discount.de1 year 19 weeks agoI've used them a fair few
I've used them a fair few times now. Always prompt delivery and really cheap prices on certain things. Not had any problems so can't say what they're like with returns etc but everything I've bought has arrived promptly and in good condition.
There's also the added novelty of getting parcels addressed to Herr pirnie!
- Dauphine Rider Roster1 year 19 weeks agoDo you like to take the p***
Do you like to take the p*** out of the people that actually do the work to make the game possible?
There's banter and then there's taking it too far with the sarcasm etc
- Rider Names - Fall Classics1 year 19 weeks agoGkam84Gkam84 wrote:
Irrelevant is probably the most accurate...
- Welcome to Marlborough Country - but don't expect to park your bike on the High Street1 year 19 weeks agoHi Laine71 if you're
Hi Laine71 if you're wondering where your comment went - it was deleted because it broke the site T&Cs. If you want to make the same point in a more verbally restrained way - fire away.
- Lance Armstrong tweets about his new bike… and it's not a Trek1 year 19 weeks agoInterestingly Lance has
Interestingly Lance has chosen the Z1 not the Z-Zero, I suspect a good choice.
- New bike1 year 19 weeks agoWorth trying to demo both the
Worth trying to demo both the Giant TCR and Defy to see which is better suited to your riding style. Whilst Defy is designed to be a more comfortable ride, you might find the TCR suits you better.
I've got the TCR advanced and can fully recommend it- it's stunning to ride. Amazing power transfer, handling, all round performance. Sure the Defy will be similar.
- Dauphine Rider Roster1 year 19 weeks agoGkam84 wrote:... Think we'llGkam84 wrote:
... Think we'll have to look at Thread creating and quoting privileges on the forum...
Relax, sweetie... You can take it! One breath at a time.... It's not that bad! Or is it?...
- New bike1 year 19 weeks agoOne of these
One of these http://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/frames-c6/road-frames-c112/scott-cr1-sl... built up with Ultegra for the bottom of your budget or Ultegra Di2 at the top.
- What is the point in Sky Orla?1 year 19 weeks agoSkyOrla wrote:mpt68SkyOrla wrote:mpt68 wrote:
question for Orla here
will sky be showing a highlights programme of the tour?? along the lines of what youve done with the Giro
enjoying the highlights weve had on sky so far this year.
Keep up the good work
Ahh, so now folk want coverage after having a pop! Hashtag cheeky smiles etc...!
We won't be covering the Tour as we did the Giro this year, since we don't have the broadcast rights.
We'll be there as much as possible from a sports news point of view though.
Hope you guys are looking forward to it as much as me. Sure you are!
Well done SkyOrla for getting involved here, that is a very dangerous game. Small beer perhaps, but I will say it anyway, as a Non subscriber and genuine sky broadcasting agnostic, I will take the trouble to view Sky's coverage at some point in the future when I almost certainly wouldn't have bothered before. Good luck to you.
- Kent Police issue witness appeal after National Escort Group motorcyclist killed during road race1 year 19 weeks agoThis is appalling. I'm not a
This is appalling. I'm not a road racer - I'm a fat tester - but to do my bit I marshall road races. The NEG guys are great and make the whole event feel a lot safer. They tend to be good humoured and professional and are a great asset to the sport.
- Welcome to Marlborough Country - but don't expect to park your bike on the High Street1 year 19 weeks agoLane 71, this is an open
Lane 71, this is an open forum that I encourage my 12 year old son to read. If that's the best contribution you can make to the discussion, perhaps you should pause before hitting the save button.
Don't disagree with your sentiment, just the language.
- 'Disc brakes will take over' - the man from TRP tells us why1 year 19 weeks agoThe Nibali argument is daft.
The Nibali argument is daft. A rider can only make up time because of superior disc braking *IF* they are the only ones with disc brakes. Of course, if Nibali has them, so can other riders, so there's no advantage. With better brakes, they might go faster, but they'll pretty much *all* go faster - the relative differences shouldn't make a difference.
Let's be honest, it's the riders that make the sport - not the equipment. Would the sport be much different if we put them all back on steel frames and friction shifters? Not really...
- Dauphine Rider Roster1 year 19 weeks agoGkam84 wrote:WHAT is theGkam84 wrote:
WHAT is the problem?...
Relax, cupcake... I just corrected my mistake, I went directly to the 'Rankings' page and didn't realize I was still looking at the Giro...
By the way, I'm wondering, does the game start list automatically feed the 'Rankings' page, so that the same information is supposed to be on both? Or are they separate pages that have to be updated independently? Thanks, sweetie!