- Pictures of your Bike1 year 37 weeks agoisnt it tarmac geometry but
isnt it tarmac geometry but in aluminium? agreed allez are good just not flashy.
not a bad thing
- To the guy who shouted at me1 year 37 weeks agonotfastenough wrote:I mustnotfastenough wrote:
I must admit to having drafted without taking a pull when on a recent sportive, simply because I was over my limit already.
At one point I apologised for this to the guy in front, and received the reply: "Don't worry about it, I'm f***ed as well, just hang on!"
great little story
- Dartmoor Classic Sportive 2012. its coming!1 year 37 weeks agoha yeah reckon i need to
ha yeah reckon i need to shift 1 more stone and get another 2-3 inches on the legs. that would mean no beer or cheese so i will happily have a rack of silvers instead
- Dartmoor Classic Sportive 2012. its coming!1 year 37 weeks agoNext year....Gold But I said
Next year....Gold But I said that last year, and the year before and the year before that
- Condor Frame or "off the peg"?1 year 37 weeks agohmm depends how confident are
hmm depends how confident are you about your custom geometry? im not yet, been through 4-5 frames of various sizing. happy with the current bike but wouldnt commit to potentially making a unique to me frame even now.
have you ridden any of the bikes at all yet?
i after doing lots of ebay impulse buys decided a budget and rode about 15 bikes and over a decent distance before settling on my final choice.
i do have a soft spot for condor though... a guy at my club has the fratelli in orange. it is tooooo sexy
do what you think is best, everyone and their grannys grans gran has a specialized so if you turn up with a condor you wont need your name on it for the cafe stops. cubes have always impressed me as well
f==k it! buy a condor, infact buy 2 and i will give you my address to send the other one!
- Sport England figures show big growth in number of regular cyclists but regional picture is mixed1 year 37 weeks agoNo mention of the impact of
No mention of the impact of actual road and track cycling either.
Doing well at a sport usually increases participation, and as our elite cycling (Wiggins, Cavendish et al) over the last few years, and the success of Team GB over the last decade and more.
At no point is there any statistical analysis of the figures to include for the ongoing impact of British Cycling successes.
- Dartmoor Classic Sportive 2012. its coming!1 year 37 weeks agoha ha, it was a bit of road i
ha ha, it was a bit of road i have never done in the dry with a bit of brain fade and indeed probably a bit of gold fever funnily enough about 3-4 miles later i decided gold was not going to happen... amazing event though, weather was almost perfect as at the end i was cycling through the remaining puddles to cool down
- Cycling ettiquette1 year 37 weeks agoveseunr wrote:Protocol:
Full gas a la Cavendish, then after 200m raise both arms and shout "YES!!". Stop .... wait til he passes and tell him he was the best lead out man you've had since Renshaw and you owe it all to your team.
Repeat another 10 or 12 times until:
a) You get bored
b) He hits you on the nose
c) You run out of legs
d) Some younger bloke does the same to you (Sagan, Guardini, etc,)
brilliant, an actual lol moment when i read your reply
- Dartmoor Classic Sportive 2012. its coming!1 year 37 weeks agoOuch lots of ouch and
Ouch lots of ouch and what happened to your local knowledge Gold medal fever?
- Half Baked Brand Buzzin' and Road Hog Jerseys1 year 37 weeks agowoo-hoo
I'm as happy as a pig
I'm as happy as a pig in its own doo-doo's
- Dartmoor Classic Sportive 2012. its coming!1 year 37 weeks agoa lady collided with a car
a lady collided with a car near mortonhamstead on the 100 mile, a dude had a massive incident on a cattle grid, broken face and shoulder on the 65 miler.
i overcooked a corner 81 miles in but the wall and grass gods were kind and i just happened to slip off the road in the perfect place with no contact. through to carcass on my rear tyre though
- To the guy who shouted at me1 year 37 weeks ago23 years is a long time;
23 years is a long time; there was me thinking sportives were a new thing? One of my clubmates was killed by a drink driver on Christmas eve 1985? the driver, a local business man claimed that he did not stop because he thought he had just hit a deer. Thankfully good police work identified him using a chip of paint. But the CPS decided there was not enough evidence... Consequently, an organisation called 'The campaign against drinking and driving' privately prosecuted him. He asked that he should not get a custodial sentence as his business might suffer. He got just three years
- Dartmoor Classic Sportive 2012. its coming!1 year 37 weeks agoMy climbing ability is coming
My climbing ability is coming back; hooray! Saw a lot of people who seemed new to cycling but the only a**ehole was having a wee whilst sitting on his bike on the tarmac halfway up a climb...why? Does 'doing an event' mean that you can commit a public order offence? But he was not as bad as someone having a wee against someones front gate in Lydford a couple of years ago; how to give cyclists a good name? As well as plenty of litter despite the organisers begging people not to litter or urinate irresponsibly! Today I saw the 'Tavistock Taskforce' collecting litter along the route; bet they love cyclists now! But I did see a nasty accident, an ambulance and police car on blues and other emergency vehicles looking like they were on the way to incidents...anyone know if there were any significant incidents?
- Forum Button1 year 37 weeks agoOoooh, I spy a new FORUM
Ooooh, I spy a new FORUM BUTTON
Now if you can do something about my ill-advised team choices....
- Dartmoor Classic Sportive 2012. its coming!1 year 37 weeks agoHad a few moments when i
Had a few moments when i thought i was Cav on stage 3 of the Giro, when Roberto Ferrari cut across him!!
Too many riders cutting across each other on steep climbs and as for a certain larger rider (colnago bike) overtaking on a decent in the wet round a corner on the wrong side of the road............gggrrrrrr
- New Road Bike recommendations.....1 year 37 weeks agoThanks all.
Went to look at
Went to look at the Boardmans today and 1. ruled the carbon out as the paint (??) finish was terrible - all blistered etc. I know it doesn't effect the ride, feel mechanics but seriously poor finish.
The Road team 'looked' ok and on a quick ride felt fine too. Next is to try the Caad10 I guess - although i am airing on the side of spend more now and ignore the asving i could make.
on the ribble/planet x......what the best spec v price compromise? there's lots of bike on there!!!
- Dartmoor Classic Sportive 2012. its coming!1 year 37 weeks agoAh, I wasn't riding it this
Ah, I wasn't riding it this year, we'd come down off the moor on the B/W from Nuns Cross to Princetown, hence the mud. Stopped at the roundabout to cheer a few on before warming up in the cafe.
And loads of respect for those who did it on any bike.
Nice work Russ, sub 7 hours with that weather to start.
- Half Baked Brand Buzzin' and Road Hog Jerseys1 year 37 weeks agoMartin - LeJogLe,
Martin - LeJogLe, congratulations, you've won a novelty pig jersey!
- Sir Chris Hoy responds to 'misleading' tax story1 year 37 weeks agobloody newspapers, they do
bloody newspapers, they do love the sensationalism, sells copies!
- Pictures of your Bike1 year 37 weeks agoNowt wrong with an Allez
Nowt wrong with an Allez Lob... Cracking bike, had mine for donkeys and still difficult to better.
You may have a newer, 'better' bike later but you will always look back and sometimes think 'why the hell did I get rid of my Allez' I'm sure there's a song title in the making there.
- Tour de France Stage 11 year 37 weeks agoThanks J Andrew!...
Thanks J Andrew!...
.... hey ... wait a minute... Thomas isn't riding...
- Fear going down hill1 year 37 weeks agoThanks for the tips.
I had a
Thanks for the tips.
I had a rear wheel wobble. Is that the same effect as other people have described?
- Sir Chris Hoy responds to 'misleading' tax story1 year 37 weeks agoAt the end of the day, if we
At the end of the day, if we had that kind of money we would all look to reduce the amount we pay in tax. Someone said last week that David Cameron made a big deal about Jimmy Carr, however, had it been one of his conservative sponsors it would be a different matter. I agree. If i had that kind of money I wouldnt be wanting to pay like 40% tax on it.
- Coach driver cleared of causing death of Cumbrian cycling brothers1 year 37 weeks agoMr. Rossi wrote:'When he wasMr. Rossi wrote:
'When he was asked whether he considered himself to have been at fault for the fatal incident, he stated: “I would not like to say whether it was my fault, their fault or a combination of both.”'
After reading the details of the incident I fail to see how it could have been the fault of the cyclists.
That's the bit that jumped out at me. Without access to all the evidence, I can't say with certainty that he was guilty but I sure can tell from that statement that he is a scumbag.
- Sport England figures show big growth in number of regular cyclists but regional picture is mixed1 year 37 weeks agoI wonder how big the survey
I wonder how big the survey was and who conducted it.