- Canyon 2014: Roadlite AL 7.0 gets updated frame and full carbon fork1 year 17 weeks agoConsidering a full set of new
Considering a full set of new Ultegra is over a grand, this is basically a free bike.
- "Politcal correctness gone mad" - £50 fines issued to anti-social cyclists in Bolton1 year 17 weeks agoBack to the article :
Back to the article :
It mentions "That specific operation was billed as being aimed at reducing the number of collisions involving cyclists".
Further on it talks about 46 deaths from ROAD TRAFFIC COLLISIONS compared to 59 in the same period last year.
Nowhere does it mention how many were caused by cyclists, and more specifically, how many involved cyclist on pedestrian.
Clouding the issue with selective (and irrelevant) statistics comes to mind.
- Details of man knocked off bike in road rage attack shared over 12,000 times on Facebook1 year 17 weeks agoHmm, shaking my head is
Hmm, shaking my head is currently my favourite way to react to poor driving. Strange how touchy some of these drivers are. It's as if criticising someone's driving is the worst possible insult!
- Liberal Democrats propose £1.2 billion per year for cycling infrastructure1 year 17 weeks ago700c wrote:To be fair, their700c wrote:
To be fair, their manifesto pledges were based on being the party solely in power.
I think it's more that their manifesto pledges were based on them being in opposition. The Party knew before the election that if the LibDems formed a Government they could not afford to keep the pledge on tuition fees. (Guardian 12/11/2010.)
- Supersix vs Evo1 year 17 weeks agoComparing a 105 supersix with
Comparing a 105 supersix with tiagra wheels (I assume) and a compact chainset with an evo built up with sram red, fullsize crank and ksyrium equipe wheels (again, I assume) is comparing apples and oranges really.
The frame will obviously be a little lighter and a little stiffer, but the wheels and groupset will have more significant effect on the ride quality.
I ride a supersix apex myself, have done for a year. If you swapped all the components onto an evo I imagine I might feel the difference, but I doubt it would be night and day.
- Yorkshire hotels accused of cashing in on Tour de France Grand Départ1 year 17 weeks agoGkam84 wrote:This is a nonGkam84 wrote:
This is a non story really, because if you look in France, Italy, Spain or anywhere that is part of the Giro, TdF and Vuelta, you'll find exactly the same.
While it might seem like a rip off, I say, make the money while you can, there will always be someone with enough money to spend on a hotel room.
I've been to the Tour a few times in different parts of France and other countries, always staying in hotels and I've never experienced them jacking up their prices just cos the Tour is in town.
- Felt set to release redesigned AR aero bike at Eurobike + video1 year 17 weeks agoAdd a Knight Rider red light
Add a Knight Rider red light bar up front and a jump booster please. This Felt bike looks great.
- Race to screen Lance Armstrong movie hots up: Bradley Cooper signs up for biopic1 year 17 weeks agoI want an Austin Powers
I want an Austin Powers version of Lance Armstrong, yeah baby! One swedish made EPO pump...
- Specialized Tarmac (2013)1 year 17 weeks agoI'm looking to upgrade from
I'm looking to upgrade from my Allez and i keep finding myself drawn back to this one, reduced price of 1080 just now.
I keep getting told to look at the boardman team carbon also. think i should go with my initial thought and go with this
- Planet X or Poggio 1.51 year 17 weeks agoI think the Mekk is less of a
I think the Mekk is less of a risk as you presumably would buy from your local bike shop. Planet x is mail order only?
The difference between your current bike and these would be quite significant. You might initially find it less comfortable, but you will get used to it. You will notice how much easier it is to go uphill, to accelerate and in general how much more efficient it is.
The difference between sora and ultegra is also significant, moreso probably than any difference in frame quality of the two you mention, I'd wager this would swing it in the decision making process, if you are willing to take a bit of a punt.
If it was me, i'd actually go to your lbs in sale time and test ride some
- Peter Sagan’s custom Cannondales1 year 17 weeks agoPicture little old ladies
Picture little old ladies skillfully applying paint with teeny paint brushes.
Funny, that conjures up a different image for me...
- USA Pro - Stage 21 year 17 weeks agohmm spose i shud get rid of
hmm spose i shud get rid of froome then?? just cant imagine him holding back...
maybe my inexperience showing!
- How to get good1 year 17 weeks agoJohnnyRemo wrote:Keep it fun!JohnnyRemo wrote:
Keep it fun! Structured, formal intervals are "horrible" - soul destroying - leave them to the racers. Make your "intervals" what you want them, just ride harder than you would normally go for a bit. If it's windy do some of the efforts with the tail wind and get to feel "fast."
Other times if you're feeling strong do them uphill or into the head-wind - just keep doing a variety of efforts above your normal speed. Give yourself time to recover, then go again. And as above - stop before you're knackered. 45 mins max, then finish with a gentle potter home in a small gear to ease the legs off.
The runners call it "fartlek" - speed-play. It's what kids do when they get a bike. Keep it fun and you'll look forward to it and enjoy it - and get faster!
Thought that was really helpful - thanks!
- How to get good1 year 17 weeks agoLots of good advice but I
Lots of good advice but I would also suggest an hour or two per week of pilates. Strengthening my core really helps and I find gets good results quickly. No matter how fit you are you can always improve core strength and it will feed through into more power/speed.
- Details of man knocked off bike in road rage attack shared over 12,000 times on Facebook1 year 17 weeks agoUnless the woman comes
Unless the woman comes forward, she should also be done as an accessory.
- Planet X or Poggio 1.51 year 17 weeks agoHi and welcome to the forum.a
Hi and welcome to the forum.a lot depends on what you want from the bike.is it speed/comfort or both.some are racier than others.go on Evans bikes website and have a look as they do the CTW scheme and have a sale on bikes at moment.leave at least £100 of budget for pedals,shoes,cleats
- "Politcal correctness gone mad" - £50 fines issued to anti-social cyclists in Bolton1 year 17 weeks agoPjrob wrote:Funny thing isPjrob wrote:
Funny thing is the three safest countries to ride in, the Netherlands, Denmark and Sweden, seem not to differentiate between a bike lane and a pedestrian walkway. All seem to share with apparently not too many accidents.
I've only cycled in two of those, the Netherlands and Sweden, but they DEFINITELY differentiate between a bike lane and a pedestrian walkway. In the Netherlands there are mandatory bike lanes where you're not allowed to ride on the road (as there are in Belgium) and they're clearly separated from the pedestrian walkways. Also, bike lanes are either one-way or usually have a clear line down the middle; you ride on the right side of the lane or you have cyclists riding straight towards you because you're in the wrong.
Again, as with many articles about "cyclists", no differentiation is made between an idiot riding a bike and the average mostly law-abiding road cyclist. To be honest, I wish the police spent more time stopping and fining the chavs who ride up and down the pavement on their terrible wrecks, or the dicks who think they're so much more important than anyone else that they can ignore red lights.
- USA Pro - Stage 21 year 17 weeks agoTERatcliffe26 wrote:KeepingTERatcliffe26 wrote:
Keeping up appearances, Dombrowski is the GC guy for sky hence him being in my purist team.
Mezgec and Bazzana out of my standard team for tonight
I took those two out as well - replaced by Euser and Matt Cooke. 30+ credits left, can I use them for the Vuelta instead?!
- Felt set to release redesigned AR aero bike at Eurobike + video1 year 17 weeks agoIt even has aerodynamic
It even has aerodynamic handlebars!!!
- Race to screen Lance Armstrong movie hots up: Bradley Cooper signs up for biopic1 year 17 weeks agoI wonder if Lance gets a cut
I wonder if Lance gets a cut of the money? He will sure need it with all of the lawyer fees he's racking up.
- Details of man knocked off bike in road rage attack shared over 12,000 times on Facebook1 year 17 weeks agoSurely voluntary GBH is the
Surely voluntary GBH is the minimum that should be applied here. Let's see, eh?
- Going ultralight, help identifying a 5.2kg beauty1 year 17 weeks agoIt can be irksome to have the
It can be irksome to have the same person banging on with the same response. I am quite aware that loosing weight will help riding faster, stronger, climbing and all. It is just perplexing that they think you might have lost weight since last week, since the last time they said the same thing. And even if I do loose more weight it wouldn't be because they told me so. Seems a bit obvious on a bike forum to tell people that the solution to their problems is ride your bike more; 'well obviously but that's not what I was asking...' So it is not an issue I am ignoring. However guys do like to talk about their equipment. This forum does have a higher class of poster so I try to keep my insult couplets to four syllables or more.
The advise about stability and stiffness is very relevant so off the shelf seems prudent, but I am 90kg not 100kg* important correction, so can reasonably go under 7kg without stretching any weight limits. A bit lighter but more aero too seems the best way forward, my Jamis has a 5cm diameter bottom tube, so the Canyon in the review looks very elegant to me.
- Details of man knocked off bike in road rage attack shared over 12,000 times on Facebook1 year 17 weeks agoAbsolutely appalling and my
Absolutely appalling and my positive thoughts are with Mark Canning. Shouldn't be that difficult for the Police to find the driver!
- Details of man knocked off bike in road rage attack shared over 12,000 times on Facebook1 year 17 weeks agoAnd once they get him? How
And once they get him? How much will the paltry fine be? God forbid he gets convicted of assault or similar.
- "Politcal correctness gone mad" - £50 fines issued to anti-social cyclists in Bolton1 year 17 weeks agoSo 80% of commuting cyclists
So 80% of commuting cyclists have a driving licence. And yet 90% of cyclists have "no training whatsoever"? Summat's wrong somewhere.