- Is it ok ... ? :)1 year 18 weeks agoI believe that your LBS is
I believe that your LBS is correct in placing more importance on the top tube length, and have faced similar dilemmas in the past due to my short-for-my-height legs. (I need a bigger frame than my height would indicate, thus have unfashionably little seatpost showing).
If you're thinking about a frame with a top tube shorter than what you have now, aren't you going to end up rather cramped and/or having to fit an overly long stem to compensate?
- Updated with prices: Shimano unveil Ultegra 6800 11spd groupset1 year 18 weeks agoSo does anyone know for sure
So does anyone know for sure whether shimano are releasing a Di2 version of this group? Not seen any pictures at all. If they do I may wait to get a new bike until 2014 models if not it'll be Dura Ace 9000 mechanical.
- Glitchy Garmin ANT sensor1 year 18 weeks agoAlways been the battery when
Always been the battery when mine has done the same. Think I remember reading somewhere that the wiring for the sensor arm was prone to corrosion, might be worth carefully dismantling it and checking.
- TdS stage 9 - uphill ITT1 year 18 weeks agoTJVG
High hopes for today
- TdS stage 9 - uphill ITT1 year 18 weeks ago20 penalties points
no TJ or
20 penalties points
no TJ or Spartacus
Bring on le tour. This one was a nightmare for me
- Video: Mike Cotty's 300-mile training ride1 year 18 weeks agoNo stress. Music is a
No stress. Music is a personal thing. No right or wrong really. Now let me get on iTunes and have a listen to Kraftwerk. Ride safe
- Video: Mike Cotty's 300-mile training ride1 year 18 weeks agoThanks for all the support
Thanks for all the support chaps. Much appreciated!
Oh, reason for helmet change was one for day (yellow) and one pre set up with the helmet light for night (white).
All the best.
- TdS stage 9 - uphill ITT1 year 18 weeks agoTj
That's your 1,2,3 .....
- TdS stage 9 - uphill ITT1 year 18 weeks agoAll change for me, 5
All change for me, 5 transfers, 2 penalties. Probably another 2 point scoring stage
- TdS stage 9 - uphill ITT1 year 18 weeks agoI could tell everyone my
I could tell everyone my team, but I'd be given my £10 back and banished forever from road.cc.
I don't know how I've managed to contrive such a wholly inappropriate squad, but there it is. Kangert for the win today (N.B. I haven't picked him).
- Video: Mike Cotty's 300-mile training ride1 year 18 weeks agoGreat video, looked like an
Great video, looked like an awesome day in the saddle. Ha, I really liked the music and had even looked it up by Googling the lyrics before I read this thread!
- TdS stage 9 - uphill ITT1 year 18 weeks agoRUI
- Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 SL1 year 18 weeks agoAbout to order one of these
About to order one of these with either Ultegra Di2 or Dura Ace mechanical but which to go for. Has anyone seen anything about new Ultegra Di2 for 2014?
Bit concerned about some of the delay issues. Is this a common problem as delivery dates quoted for Dura Ace models creeping towards autumn?
- Husband of cyclist killed by epileptic nun calls for tougher licensing of older drivers1 year 18 weeks agoShould be like that here too-
Should be like that here too- some of the most thoughtless maneuvers that I've seen have been from the elderly.
- Video: Mike Cotty's 300-mile training ride1 year 18 weeks agonoticed that he's wearing two
noticed that he's wearing two different helmets in the ride: initially a yellow mavic helmet and towards the night a white'sh...
- Forum's Scorum's Mini League1 year 18 weeks agostevemarks wrote:raystevemarks wrote:ray silvester wrote:stevemarks wrote:
So there I was out in the lead after stage 6 of TDS, I had managed to get a small gap on the peleton, and made the mistake of taking a quick peek over my shoulder. EEEK! The big guns, Wig Billy, TERatcliffe (twice), Drheaton, and chrisstripes gathering behind me. HELP!!!!!!
Well you managed to drop TER,The Doctor and Stripey but yeah.....Wig_Billy has the look of Rui Costa stalking Frank in the real thing!!
Well! Wig_Billy has bridged the gap but I.m not sure Ive anything left in the legs and with his reputationI don't fancy my chances. (could be sandbagging)
Skidders Skeletons still holding top spot in the Forum's Scorum's Tour Du Suisse,TERatcliffe leading purists.....Wig_Billy still in the hunt for both and his standard team looks strongest for an ITT pre-transfers(Rui,Irish Dan,Wookie and Roman v just Roman and Kangert for the leaders)
robacairns had a good day scoring 121pts climbing to 2nd in the event and 3 spots to 7th in the Forum's Scorum's Overall.
- TdS stage 9 - uphill ITT1 year 18 weeks agoTejay
- TdS stage 9 - uphill ITT1 year 18 weeks agoTejay's easy to fit in if you
Tejay's easy to fit in if you had Sagan on stage 8?
Tejay and Kreuziger in for Sagan and Kristoff(mid-table anyway so not defending anything special!!)
- Cycling Ireland EGM votes against nominating Pat McQuaid for 3rd term as UCI president1 year 18 weeks agoMatt_S wrote:I wouldn't readMatt_S wrote:
I wouldn't read too much into the Kelly thing. He was probably asked "Do you think McPaid should be booted out?", and he responded "Certainly not..." Which is pretty much the only thing he says (apart from "on the rivet", and "making the calculation") during Eurosport commentary.
True. When he was riding Kelly was noted for nodding in response to a question during a radio interview!
- Video: Mike Cotty's 300-mile training ride1 year 18 weeks agoJust watched the video thanks
Just watched the video thanks to the free Wi-fi of Safeway in Trinidad Colorado during the rest break of day 5 of the Race Across America
Good stuff Mike
- Video: Mike Cotty's 300-mile training ride1 year 18 weeks agoThis comments thread is one
This comments thread is one of the best things I've ever read.
Well done, Mike - you made that look easy, not sure I'd still be smiling after 300 miles.
And for what it's worth, I think acoustic tracks are ideal for this kind of journey. Save the electronica for crit racing videos.
- Video: Mike Cotty's 300-mile training ride1 year 19 weeks agoDo you want some ointment for
Do you want some ointment for that burn?
- Video: Mike Cotty's 300-mile training ride1 year 19 weeks agoHi Mike,sorry about the nasty
Hi Mike,sorry about the nasty comment,i just thought it was a random video link for this site to fill up a slow news day,didnt realise you may reply
If you like the music,its fine,i cant recommend anything because you'd probably hate it but maybe something instrumental? Kraftwerk?
Apologies again,i wish i could delete my comment
You are a great cyclist,i only wish i could reach your level,ive only managed 68 miles furthest so far but im working on it(lots of hills where i live!)
all the best
- TDS stage 81 year 19 weeks agoBoth my xfers scored
Both my xfers scored zero....maybe demare will score tomorrow...
- Vittoria Open Corsa Evo CX tyre1 year 19 weeks agoThis tyre should not be
This tyre should not be compared to any other in all aspects - it really is in a different league.
The ride quality is absolutely transformational but IME unfortunately the rear tire got slashed on the tread after 100kms so that the tire was a write off. Front seems okay but they are a bit sketchy in the wet, I think.
Overall though, they are worth it if you have some clean roads as even the best of the rest - ZX, GP4000S etc just do not compare in terms of ride quality and I like both ZX and GP4000S!