• Eurobike faves: The 2014 Cannondale SuperSix Evo Black Inc.1 year 17 weeks agoAnd I'm a Sram guy but if you

    And I'm a Sram guy but if you look around the market, most manufacturers highest model is Dura Ace equipped and the 'perception' seems to be that DA should be fitted on the highest level bikes.

  • Eurobike faves: The 2014 Cannondale SuperSix Evo Black Inc.1 year 17 weeks agoI'd beg to differ on Dura

    I'd beg to differ on Dura being the ultimate though, that would be Super Record, naturally.

  • Testers unable to find Chris Horner for out-of-competition doping test; team says they were in wrong hotel1 year 17 weeks agoBeaufort wrote:Well said, not

    Beaufort wrote:
    Well said, not that any reasoned argument will sway any of the head hunters on here.

    Head hunters? Read the posts. There is a big difference between saying someone is guilty and suggesting there should be suspicion. If you're not even a little suspicious of this GT win (forget the missed test), then you should go and have a word with Pat, he'll probably have a job for you in the UCI's antidoping team.

    Given cyclings past, there has to be questions about his ability to ride like that. Fool me once...

  • Three-year-old banned from riding by Dagenham housing association1 year 17 weeks agoWow that escalated as I

    Wow that escalated as I typed. I mean it though!

    *Retreats from computer, does nothing about situation, hopes that getting angry anonymously somehow does something*

  • Three-year-old banned from riding by Dagenham housing association1 year 17 weeks agoWhat a bunch of absolute

    What a bunch of absolute f*cking c*nts. Seriously. I mean please, just f*ck off and get a life. As others have said, if your car means that much to you, and you'd prefer three-year olds not to have healthy, beneficial fun and exercise, you have some terrifying priorities, a badly skewed sense of community and most likely a trumped-up sense of your own importance. F*cking w*nkers

  • Testers unable to find Chris Horner for out-of-competition doping test; team says they were in wrong hotel1 year 17 weeks agowifwaf wrote:How do I know he

    wifwaf wrote:
    How do I know he has done nothing wrong? I don't. Is that a basis for calling someone a cheat? Gut-feeling doesn't entitle me or anyone else to proclaim his guilt when all we actually know is that he informed USADA in advance of his whereabouts as required, he didn't miss a test, USADA didn't pass his new address details to the testers, and so the testers went to the wrong place.

    I am not in this thread to proclaim Horner is clean. My point is simple - posters here are talking as if this report is proof positive that he has cheated. This is poor speculation and flies in the face of the numerous tests he has already undertaken all the way through the Vuelta, which have evidently not proved positive.

    I am not a Horner apologist, but I really detest this kind of forum witch-hunt from every armchair expert who can raise a fat finger to the keyboard without having any real evidence other than rumour and deja-vu.

    I didn't call him a cheat. I said there is every reason to be suspicious given the circumstances. It sounds like we have a similar pov but are expressing it differently.

    My point is that if he is clean, then he should be breaking his balls to take every test put in front of him to prove it. Not missing one, for whatever reason, and then buggering off home immediately. In many peoples eyes, the suspicion has only increased, and is now a cloud his win will be under for ever.

    The other thing that does not help is how he completely ignored the subject in every Vuelta interview I saw, coming out with airy-fairy shit about 'people should value something they might never see again'. If I was in his position, I would address it head on.

    Regardless, it is done, there is no proof. But there is suspicion. And if we stop being suspicious, we have no one else to blame when the next Lance comes along and cleans up

  • Buyer’s guide: Waterproof cycling jackets1 year 17 weeks agoI have an Aldi jacket which

    I have an Aldi jacket which is very waterproof to the extent that if water gets in it collects in the sleeves

  • Three-year-old banned from riding by Dagenham housing association1 year 17 weeks agoLooks like a horrible place

    Looks like a horrible place to live, can't even teach the girl to ride in the garden as I doubt any of them have more than a postage stamp.

    Maybe we should have a whip-round and buy said 3 year old a drum kit, or a one-man-band outfit? That'd please the fun police!

  • SOLD Ultegra grey 6700 10 speed groupset (exc cables & chain)1 year 17 weeks agofront & rear mech + cassette

    front & rear mech + cassette now SOLD

    STI levers, crankset and brakes still available

  • Eurobike faves: The 2014 Cannondale SuperSix Evo Black Inc.1 year 17 weeks agoI was teasing buddy, don't

    I was teasing buddy, don't worry Wink

  • Three-year-old banned from riding by Dagenham housing association1 year 17 weeks agoI bet it's because all the

    I bet it's because all the cars are parked (illegally) on the ****ing pavement!

  • Bikes faster than public transport for most London journeys under 8 miles1 year 17 weeks agopaulfrank wrote:I think

    paulfrank wrote:
    I think anything under about 20 miles in Shropshire/Telford & Wrekin would be quicker on a bike and definitely more convenient. Arriva buses are bloody useless and expensive. The trains are ok but network isn't what you'd call extensive (thanks to Dr, Beecham).

    I reckon 20 miles would apply to most of the country except for bigger cities.

    I started commuting by bike through Shrewsbury partly because I was tired of being sat in a queue on The Mount, Frankwell, Smithfield Road etc every morning then doing the same thing in the other direction in the evening. There are more traffic lights and ped crossings now so it is sometimes worse but even if it wasn't quicker the bike is always more fun and I could do the 5 miles to Harlescott in more or less the same time as the car if I really went for it.

    Absolutely anything is better - and cheaper - than Arriva's bus service around Shrewsbury (P&R excepted) while their trains are shabby and overcrowded.

  • Tour of Britain Stage 3: Sir Bradley Wiggins bosses the time trial and takes race lead1 year 17 weeks agoCavendish wasn't too shabby

    Cavendish wasn't too shabby in short TTs in the first place.

    While Brad stamped his authority on the stage, as he should, the conditions and distance will have not really given a real indication of anything much.

    If Brad is training for TTs properly then the weight gain will be thanks to increased cake consumption. All testers know that scoffing cake is the real purpose of time trialling. Let's hope the Italians know how to put on a good spread and make a decent cuppa.

  • Tour of Britain Stage 3: Sir Bradley Wiggins bosses the time trial and takes race lead1 year 17 weeks agoGood effort by Wiggo

    Good effort by Wiggo today.

    Haters gonna hate, that's what they say isn't it Yawn

  • Eurobike faves: The 2014 Cannondale SuperSix Evo Black Inc.1 year 17 weeks agoYes we could easily have

    Yes we could easily have dropped more weight out (Sram RED as you say) plus the ENve finishing kit isn't the lightest but does it really need to be any lighter than this? I think most people view Dura Ace as the ultimate and Enve kit is very well regarded. You also have to consider who can do small runs of custom stuff, the bars, saddle and Chris King hubs all have custom gold detailing and not every company can do that.

  • Eurobike faves: The 2014 Cannondale SuperSix Evo Black Inc.1 year 17 weeks agoCannondale frame weights are

    Cannondale frame weights are for 56cm frames (most popular size) with hardware (bottle bosses/mech hanger etc) and painted.

  • ToB Stage 4 Pen-Y-Pass Climb1 year 17 weeks agoI'd say that the section from

    I'd say that the section from Denbigh to Llanrwst/Betws Y Coed across the Denbighshire moors is worse - the two cat2 climbs and other elevation changes across there will really sap the legs, and they'll be riding into a stiff Westerly. Look at the profile here:
    http://www.tourofbritain.co.uk/stages/stage4/stoke_on_trent_route.php

    Then they face a long, steady climb along the A5 to Capel Curig before they turn left onto the exposed section towards Pen Y Gwryd. Poor bastards.

  • ToB Stage 4 Pen-Y-Pass Climb1 year 17 weeks agoenrique wrote:Cool. It's kind

    enrique wrote:
    Cool. It's kind of nice to know that someone here has done it, So, as far as the game goes, do you think it'll be just a bump on the road? If you had to guess...

    Well in terms of actually riding, I'm a complete novice compared to most people on here, but it certainly seemed too short to cause the pros any major problems. Its a good launchpad tho', and its a narrow but very fast descent, with only 3km-ish of flat to reel in a break at the end. Depends on the race situation when they get to it really.

    Stunning part of the world tho', really looking forward to seeing the stage tomorrow.

  • Handlebars, forks, brakes and gadget roundup1 year 17 weeks agoCustom framebuilders

    Custom framebuilders

  • Three-year-old banned from riding by Dagenham housing association1 year 17 weeks agolooking at streetmap, its

    looking at streetmap, its full of cars parked on the pavement. Is this not illegal? I don't think L&Q will tell them off for that.
    https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=RM8+3LF&ll=51.554114,0.137436&spn=0.013...

  • USADA admits Chris Horner blunder: whereabouts was not communicated to testers1 year 17 weeks agomikeprytherch wrote:Some

    mikeprytherch wrote:
    Some Fella wrote:
    Well thats him off the hook then.
    Phew - thats a relief - such a fine upstanding athlete can now take the plaudits he so richly deserves.
    I wonder if he will be announcing a Vinokourov type retirement now too?

    This is such horse shit, you have some proof he took drugs, FFS he did EVERYTHING right, EVERYTHING that was asked of him and yet you still slur him with drugs because the USDA messed it up, jesus give the guys a break, these bullshit views are not helping cycling.

    He did everything by the book....'The Secret Race'. It is all there. Including the 'change the address at the last minute' malarkey. Team RadioShack's mock indignation is laughable. They're playing the game, but did they at any point try to point the testers in the right direction?

    I'm glad people here think can still discuss this stuff in an intelligent fashion. It's important to be able to discuss this stuff because OTHERWISE YOU'D JUST LET THE LIKES OF LA GET AWAY WITH IT.

  • Bikes faster than public transport for most London journeys under 8 miles1 year 17 weeks agoLoved my regular London

    Loved my regular London commute - 30-35 minutes from Fulham up the Kings Road or the river to Soho, later Smithfield and most recently Holborn. Could cope with the rare puncture within 10-15 minutes and still beat the tube (45-55 mins, major discomfort and not a chance of a seat) and the bus (60-90 mins to travel only 5 miles!). So good that on one occasion I made a list of all the major sights and attractions I passed on the way.

  • Three-year-old banned from riding by Dagenham housing association1 year 17 weeks agoThey should carry on and see

    They should carry on and see what happens. Would love to see the judges face when presented in court with a 3 year year old cyclist accused of antisocial cycling!

    Problem is this isn't a criminal issue. This is likely to be part of a tenancy contract which was signed. What is likely to happen is they would just evict any people they don't like. Thanks to Maggie, it is law that private landlords can get rid of any tenant they don't like, for any reason.

  • Three-year-old banned from riding by Dagenham housing association1 year 17 weeks agoAfter the scuff on my car's

    After the scuff on my car's paintwork cost the thick end of £600 to sort out it is not such a small deal, really.

    BTW that was caused by someone leaning their bicyclcle against my car in Leith Hill car park. Wouldn't have minded but they could have used the bike racks!!!

    I've never had issues with cyclists. It's usually the clueless idiot neighbours with a car who smoke cannabis and think my car is a door stop for their car. Worse is as they're neighbours, going and asking for them to pay for the damage (I know for a fact they did it) will just lead to a long drawn out neighbourly dispute, which ends with no money to pay for the damage, probably more damage to my car, and other problems. Been there, done that, worn the t-shirt. Just have to accept you can't have nice things. Bet if I did something to their car of the same magnitude, they'd quickly be knocking on my door.

    In any case they have some bad crash damage to their car now, which due to their idiocy I assume is of their own causing. Sadly I have nowhere else to park due to parking restrictions, and/or drunks in the area. Better a door ding than a kicked off mirror I suppose.

  • Win some Cateye lights1 year 17 weeks agoYou might want to check the

    You might want to check the link Keith