- Not A Sportive #2731 year 45 weeks ago"unreliable when after
"unreliable when after exactly 472 feet" - that wasn't John L again was it?
Nice read Jo, ta.
- Chrome Krakow Backpack1 year 45 weeks agoWeird isn't it? While people
Weird isn't it? While people are piling in to criticise Rapha kit (and our reviews of it) no-one seems phased by the idea of a hipster handbag (sorry Max) that costs well over £100. Rather makes me wonder if the anti-Rapha crew have some kind of brand fixation, rather than anything sensible to say about value and cost.
- Flandria custom decal name set1 year 45 weeks agoAnybody called Paul Cook
Anybody called Paul Cook fancy going halves?
- Not A Sportive #2731 year 45 weeks agoReliability rides used to be
Reliability rides used to be winter training rides in preparation for a season of racing. Audax, on the other hand tends to be all year round - albeit the longer events are in summer - and more aimed at touring types.
In my view, both are far better value than Sportives. Not saying Sportives don't have a place - just they largely seem to satisfy those who feel the price they pay for both bike and event is reflective of their ability.
Long may all three continue; all of them get people out on their bikes and that's what we want/need to see.
- NYPD says cyclist's death was partly due to his running red light - video proves he didn't1 year 45 weeks agoHere's a serious point. There
Here's a serious point. There used to be a lot of Mob involvement in the building trade out there in NYC and other big cities. I could well imagine a time when the police were bunged a few thousand quid to "tidy up loose ends" and help a business tick over.
If there's a load of files on the lawyer and the mother that says to me: corruption, on some level at least.
Lets not forget all those videos that appeared on youtube about 2 years ago, showing NYC cops blocking bikelanes with their "cruiser", whilst cops further down the road ticketed cyclists for riding out of it to avoid the car.
(I've just spend 30 minutes searching to find the video but cant find the bl**dy thing. Apologies, its out there in the ether)
And lets not forget this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzE-IMaegzQ
Also, how many cops does it take to ticket one woman cyclist? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLY03eo0uxo
- Fantasy Tour Down Under: the winners1 year 45 weeks agoAlan Tullett wrote:I must beAlan Tullett wrote:
I must be the unluckiest, 2nd in one stage, 5th overall. Bugger! No shiny pump for me!!
I was pretty unlucky too, 2nd overall after stage 2 and then either 1st or 2nd until after the final stage dropping to 4th
All the best for Qatar....this one is mine
- Cycling in north yorkshire1 year 45 weeks agoI don't know this area
I don't know this area particularly well, and I can't recommend any routes per se. What I can say though is that nothing beats getting onto google earth and identifying a route yourself. Failing that, if you look on endomondo, strava or similar, there will be a number of routes which people have uploaded, cycled and rated.
- Minister for Roads insists on perpetuating 'road tax' myth1 year 45 weeks agoHe is a fool.
Given that I
He is a fool.
Given that I pay VED for my motorcycle and for my car, should I then get a refund under his system for the distance that I opt to use one of my bicyces instead? The VED is calculated on each vehicle covering an average distance and producing an average amount of emissions, which i don't. And as a lot of my annual distance travelled on the roads is by bicycle, Penning's system should see me being refunded VED for the car and motorcycle for the vehicle exhaust emissions I don't produce.
- Another, deeper fantasy idea1 year 45 weeks ago1 substitute needed for a
1 substitute needed for a very strong team.
- Minister for Roads insists on perpetuating 'road tax' myth1 year 45 weeks agoThe more I read of Carlton's
The more I read of Carlton's comments on Twitter and BikeBiz, the more I wonder how on earth this guy can be in charge of running a bath, never mind a ministerial portfolio?!
Turns up without having read the documentation, refers to "road tax", insists motorists pay for the roads, states that retro-reflective lines make cycling safer ( ). And all this after putting the meeting off twice and cutting it down to a bare half hour... Shows how valued cyclists are. Yes mate, we'll give you 30 mins, then please go away and stop bothering us while we give the go-ahead for another motorway...
- Boardman Team carbon. Why so many sold after about a year of use?1 year 45 weeks agoI bought the road pro with
I bought the road pro with sram brakes fitted and LOVE IT! cannot understand why anybody would want to sell it, unless to upgrade but they then must have trained like stink to improve that much in a year
- Take a bike. Chain to a bike stand in Manhattan. Film what happens (+ video)1 year 45 weeks agoYesterday I saw a Colnago
Yesterday I saw a Colnago with full titanium Campy Record chained up at my institution of higher learning. I was just dumbfounded.
- Doping by the dozen: 3-year ban for French amateur who tested positive for 12 illegal substances… in one race1 year 45 weeks agoJust reading Dave Millar's
Just reading Dave Millar's account of his 'fall' into the world of doping. I guess some people never learn - and that includes an awful lot of French riders
- Groupon - High 51 year 45 weeks agoGroupon aside its a great
Groupon aside its a great deal. I use high 5 gels and the zero tabs. All top quality gear. The gels are different class to anything else I've tried and 3 tubes of zero tabs alone would set you back around 18 quid. #bargain
- Minister for Roads insists on perpetuating 'road tax' myth1 year 45 weeks agoremember this is the fckwit
remember this is the fckwit who thought A roads wern't part of his portfolio so he thought he didn't need care about us.
I wrote to him asking him to appologise to the family of Major Gareth Rhys Evans for his dumb ignorant comments.
- Lemond Revolution trainer1 year 45 weeks agonone of them are super quiet,
none of them are super quiet, at least that i've tested.
of the ones i've tried, the quietest is probably the kurt rock and roll:
- Groupon - High 51 year 45 weeks agoGood deal, shame its Group
Good deal, shame its Group On, voted the second worst company of 2011 and i wouldn't touch them with a barge pole
- Cracking video of Rollapaluza racing à la française plus dates for National Series 20121 year 45 weeks agoCycling plates! How cool is
Cycling plates! How cool is that!
- Boardman Team carbon. Why so many sold after about a year of use?1 year 45 weeks agoBuying a bike is easy.
Buying a bike is easy.
RIDING it is not.
Hence the number that get sold before long as the owners realise they have to actually pedal it to make it go anywhere.
- Not A Sportive #2731 year 45 weeks agoCool - it just came across as
Cool - it just came across as a wee bit snarky, but like you I appreciate the road less travelled.
I went out for a wander in Hertfordshire on my bike, and about 25 miles in just pointed it in a random direction, allowed myself to get lost and found one of my fave teashops for riding.
Also beards show mechanical authority, everyone knows that. The guy in the group with the beard always has the best chance of fixing a problem.
- Minister for Roads insists on perpetuating 'road tax' myth1 year 45 weeks agoGood point crazy-legs, I read
Good point crazy-legs, I read that article in The Times this morning and the quotes seemed based on ignorance - pandering to the usual incorrect but often used term of "road tax" and not VED. These people should take the lead and refer to VED - hopefully the rest of the population will follow ...
- Flandria custom decal name set1 year 45 weeks agoWell, then it should get at
Well, then it should get at least 5 stars!
- February Races1 year 45 weeks agofluffchucker wrote:@ J Andrewfluffchucker wrote:
@ J Andrew Hill
PS-think you can knock off the signature thanks now if you want
oops, thanks, well spotted. Bobridge is no climber. Better change him for one of those Euskadel riders, they're good going uphill.
- Minister for Roads insists on perpetuating 'road tax' myth1 year 45 weeks agoI think the point is that
I think the point is that because you pay x amount of tax, you don't get to decide what it is spent on. Otherwise, you can choose for your taxes to pay for the roads, and lay claim to them. I, on the other hand, will lay claim to the armed forces, and proceed to swiftly bomb the shit out of your roads...!
Reminds me of being a kid, when I told my mum (I was about 5!) that I would eat my veg but only because a carrot was building my biceps in particular!
- TDU Stage 61 year 45 weeks agoIndeed, thats who i was
Indeed, thats who i was waiting for, i love to see him bashing his balls about