- TdF stage 31 year 35 weeks agoI've got two transfers and I
I've got two transfers and I need to use both to bring in sprinters but if Morkov is going to go again I'm sorely tempted to take the 20 point penalty.
- Missing points for stage 3?1 year 35 weeks agoI think you're right, and
I think you're right, and actually, the finish line was also a cat 4 climb, so another 5 points to Sagan. I think there are some delays with all the crashes so hopefully they'll amend the points soon - there's also a transfer issue which some people have pointed out on other threads so my guess is they're feverishly beavering away ad road.cc towers to get everything straightened out...
- Condor Frame or "off the peg"?1 year 35 weeks agoI've got a Condor. 2009
I've got a Condor. 2009 Baracchi in blue (in the sale), built up with 2010 Centaur. It's very pretty indeed, but... and this is a huge but.....
It's not a good frame if you want responsiveness, stiffness, feel of the road. It's just a soggy beast really, hates descending fast, and is heavy enough that it doesn't exactly leap forward when you put the hammer down.
Now I know that you say you want it for relaxed sportives, but to be honest I never feel relaxed on it when I'm going fast downhill or into a corner. It just wallows too much.
Condor are a lovely shop to deal with but they are expensive. As other posters have noted, you don't get the best bang for your buck either. I'm going to hazard a guess that their top end frames are lovely, but for mid range I have my doubts.
- TdF stage 31 year 35 weeks agoRe the finishing times given
Re the finishing times given - bear in mind that fall, puncture or mech inside last 3km will get you same time as the riders you were with at the time.
Obviously there's a lag between the rider crossing the line in some cases minutes later, with their time in the provisional results recorded via their timing chip, and the time being manually adjusted afterwards.
That in itself doesn't apply if rider doesn't finish stage, in which case he is given last place on stage but time of riders he was with (happened to Phinney on Giro I think on the day Ferrari caused chaos.)
So organisers have to wait till a rider actually crosses the line before adjusting time/position, hence delay.
- CAAD10 opinions - versus Cube Agree GTC Race (both on 105)1 year 35 weeks agoi got the 2011 version with
i got the 2011 version with 105, for £850 its been upgraded to vision aero wheels, ultegra, fizik, kcnc finishing kit with some ultremo tyres.(totaled £1400)seriously i cannot ratethis bike highly enough
rode so many bikes but this was the best by a mile
- TDF stage 4 transfers1 year 35 weeks agome too, should have 3 for
me too, should have 3 for wednesday
- Missing my carry-over transfer?1 year 35 weeks ago2 threads for this but me too
2 threads for this but me too should have 3 for wednesday.
- Microshift Centos 10spd groupset1 year 35 weeks agoAny longer term feedback on
Any longer term feedback on this or the arsis groupset please?
Need a new groupset for the winter / commuter soon....
- Just in: Jamis Xenith Pro Di21 year 35 weeks ago1.125"?
Come on guys.
- Court told that red light jumping cyclist left pedestrian with fractured skull1 year 35 weeks agoAny cyclist worth their salt,
Any cyclist worth their salt, wouldn't be going so fast through traffic lights in the centre of London. I feel sorry for the Solicitor who was injured. However, I have seen many cyclists riding like it was a 10 mile time trial outside Kennington tube station knowing full well they can jump lights because there is no vechiclar risk. We need to respect one another and our journeys can be safer if we do!
- Court told that red light jumping cyclist left pedestrian with fractured skull1 year 35 weeks ago+1 mrmo, I was sitting in a
+1 mrmo, I was sitting in a petrol station once (in a car) when someone walked into it. So I had a collision with a ped... at 0mph.
And agree with all those saying 'throw the book at him (provided allegations are true)'. Tbh a crackdown on law-breaking cyclists really would do the law-abiding among us a massive favour - I know some people will use anything they can to bash cyclists, and some law breaking is inevitably, but it's still a problem. Can he not be charged with dangerous cycling, which AFAIK is an offence, in the same way dangerous driving is, and would better reflect the nature of the crime?
- TDF stage 4 transfers1 year 35 weeks agoMe too, hopefully they will
Me too, hopefully they will rectify it soon as I was intending to make 4 transfers and am going out tonight...
- Missing my carry-over transfer?1 year 35 weeks agoI'm missing one as well -
I'm missing one as well - should have 4 free transfers but only have 3. (Made 2 after prologue, 1 after s1 and 1 after s2).
- Court told that red light jumping cyclist left pedestrian with fractured skull1 year 35 weeks agoThe accident happened on
The accident happened on Holborn Viaduct not High Holborn according to the other news sources.
Andrej Schipka is claiming the light was green according to Courtnewsuk.
Commuting in London it is a regular occurance that pedestrians walk out when the light is green for traffic.
- TdF stage 31 year 35 weeks agodrheaton wrote:Hmmm, 4 cat 4sdrheaton wrote:
Hmmm, 4 cat 4s tomorrow, will Morkov go again?
Just wrestling with that myself. I need a DS, max 7.6, that I can bring in for Albasini and keep until the TT. Even if Morkov doesn't go for any more breaks, he should still be looking at 15-20 jersey points in that time, but the gambler in me wants to try someone else...
- Halfords Fantasy Comp.1 year 35 weeks agoWonder why my team did not
Wonder why my team did not register until after the prolog yet the prolog was my bonus stage? have mailed them no reply yet! Not very happy but will try joining the Road mini league
- TdF stage 31 year 35 weeks agoNice day 154, Putting Morkov
Nice day 154, Putting Morkov in saved me, Had Sagan and EBH too + Gallopin finally got some points
- Condor Frame or "off the peg"?1 year 35 weeks agoHi, well i'd say about 80% of
Hi, well i'd say about 80% of those in Bynea don't race. There's a huge range of different abitlities, most won't race and enjoy the Sportives / club run side of things, nto to sure about PTW, check out the Bynea Facebook page is probable the best, it would give you a feel for waht goes on in the club.
- TdF stage 31 year 35 weeks agoHmmm, 4 cat 4s tomorrow, will
Hmmm, 4 cat 4s tomorrow, will Morkov go again?
- TdF stage 31 year 35 weeks agoWig Billy I salute you!
Wig Billy I salute you!
- TdF stage 31 year 35 weeks agoAt least my research into
At least my research into Brice Feillu paid off - last man home.
- Court told that red light jumping cyclist left pedestrian with fractured skull1 year 35 weeks agoIf there are pedestrians
If there are pedestrians stepping out in to the road, you should be travelling at a speed where you can react to prevent a collision, even if you have right of way
In a perfect world, but far to often this would mean traveling at walking pace. Too many pedestrians do not anticipate cyclists being there. If they can't hear you, you don't exist.
As for this case, if he RLJ then throw the book at him, if he didn't then sorry i have no sympathy for the pedestrian.
- Court told that red light jumping cyclist left pedestrian with fractured skull1 year 35 weeks agoAre you telling me that a
Are you telling me that a pedestrian has never stepped out in front of you without looking, fluffy_mike? If so you are very lucky! Without knowing the layout of the road and more information you cannot say whether 26 mph is too fast. This is what court proceedings are all about; trying to extract justice from a complicated set of facts and evidence. Wait and see what the judgement is THEN condemn him. Please?
- TdF stage 31 year 35 weeks agoBy the way, if that was too
By the way, if that was too boring for anyone, the Tour of Poland startlists are up! #afterthelordmayorsshow...
- Court told that red light jumping cyclist left pedestrian with fractured skull1 year 35 weeks agoSideBurn, of course you mean
SideBurn, of course you mean Amber light. You can only continue through the lights if it is Green or you have already crossed the stop line when it turns to Amber. So if it was "just turning red" then he would have seen Amber and should have stopped.