- Paris-Nice: Stage 11 year 20 weeks agoMy purist team has a man
My purist team has a man down!Quote:
Crash in the peloton
Km 127 - A crash took place in the peloton involving Rui Costa (MOV), Tony Gallopin (RLT), Lucas Haedo (CAN) and Samuel Dumoulin (ALT). They were all quickly back on their bike.Quote:
Rui Costa gives up
Rui Costa, the Movistar team leader, has given up with a wrist injury after his crash at kilometre 127.
- Paris-Nice: Stage 11 year 20 weeks agoRui Costa has abandoned.
Rui Costa has abandoned.
- Police appeal for road rage calm following incident that left Cambridge cyclist with 13 stitches1 year 20 weeks agoIf a cyclist is ahead of the
If a cyclist is ahead of the driver, why on earth can't a driver slow down and allow the cyclist to pass first?
Your view assumes drivers should always be allowed to go first. What would you lose, a few seconds......?
We need to get things into context. I would say it is important for drivers tounderstand that Britian's cycle infrastructure is far from perfect and we need to learn tolerance and share the road when necessary. It's simply not worth getting upset over a few seconds!
- Police in Devon stop cyclist riding the wrong way... along the M5 Motorway1 year 20 weeks agoI've done this in Portugal.
I've done this in Portugal. By mistake. I was travelling in the direction of the traffic though and took the first available exit.
- Unofficial RideLondon 1001 year 20 weeks agoI don't envision huge
I don't envision huge numbers! If enough people are interested we could split into two or more groups (eg faster group and slower group).
- Police appeal for road rage calm following incident that left Cambridge cyclist with 13 stitches1 year 20 weeks agoSurprisingly, no queue of
Surprisingly, no queue of witnesses has yet formed.
Better to avoid incidents by being considerate than to end up in A&E.
Also helmets are recommended for computational statistics
- Bike Fitting1 year 20 weeks agoI had one done a couple of
I had one done a couple of weeks ago at Cadence Performance (Crystal Palace) well worth the money IMO - I'd originally signed up for the full works Retul fit, but having looked at me on the bike, the fitter told me not that actually the Retul would be no more helpful (for my particular issues) than a standard fit, which saved me 50 quid. Took a good 2-2.5hours and covered everything - seat,cleats, body flexibility, etc. Much more comfortable on the bike since.
£100 for a personalised fit like I had, £150 if you want / need Retul.
They also have nice coffee / cakes!
- Unofficial RideLondon 1001 year 20 weeks agoBe careful how big the group
Be careful how big the group gets - our club runs tend to be fine with 10-12 people, but 20 and upwards is too unwieldy and causes problems for traffic trying to pass.
Have fun though! Why don't you get in touch with something like Look Mum No Hands and see if they'll do a deal at the end of the route. Discount cakes or something for your group...
- Police in Devon stop cyclist riding the wrong way... along the M5 Motorway1 year 20 weeks agohappens to the best of us.
happens to the best of us. Spent the scariest 10 cycling minutes of my life on Autobahn 14 near Magdeburg after a wrong turn...
- Unofficial RideLondon 1001 year 20 weeks agoQuite like this idea.
Quite like this idea.
- Paris Nice Rider Roster and Values1 year 20 weeks agoRider classification is based
Rider classification is based on value and points scored. Kittel hasn't scored that well recently so he's dropped down the price categories and he's no longer valued high enough to be given a category.
- Paris Nice Rider Roster and Values1 year 20 weeks agofxceltic wrote:Marcel kittelfxceltic wrote:
Marcel kittel listed as a domestique? I totally missed him as a result. Why is this dave?
Because he hasn't scored many fantasy points comparative to others riding, and the style of race meaning only a couple of flat stages, means his fantasy value is low, and thus too low to be classed as a star rider (no DS values will be higher than stars and vice versa this year). I dont think anyone with a value below 18 with be a star for the big races
- Police appeal for road rage calm following incident that left Cambridge cyclist with 13 stitches1 year 20 weeks agoCommon sense says that it is
Common sense says that it is the duty of the overtaker to ensure it is safe to do so. The cyclist should have checked before pulling out - the article does not indicate whether he pulled out blindly into traffic that had to react suddenly or whether he checked there was space to do so. IF he had pulled out into a safe clear gap then it is the duty of the motorist to then also exercise care when over taking, and he has no right to be upset, any more so than if he had to slow down for another slow car/lorry/stopping bus etc. A rule of thumb in my mind that indicates whether a motorist is within their right to be upset by a cyclists road behaviour is to ask whether the same motorist would likely have been upset by another car/lorry/horse/bus/tractor etc doing the same thing- taking up space on a road, moving slowly and requiring care to overtake is not something a driver has the right to be upset about. Errartic and thoughtless riding where the driver is forced to react suddenly to remain safe is clearly not acceptable though, in the same way that it wouldn't be if any other vehicle acted that way. In my experience of riding hours every day, the few drivers who are openly antagonistic towards riders almost certainly apply a different standard to how they treat cyclists vs other road users - it's hard to imagine them abusing a tractor driver, leaning on the horn as they pass in a no passing zone on a blind hill, then cutting him off as they pass, and then when the tractor driver reacts to show he is upset, waiting down the road to continue the argument... Their is clearly a small minority of motorists who see red as soon as they see cyclists... As someone who has lived in other countries I can say that this is more common in this country than in the other ones I have lived in...
- Police appeal for road rage calm following incident that left Cambridge cyclist with 13 stitches1 year 20 weeks ago@ Bez, you realise the CPS is
@ Bez, you realise the CPS is staffed by fuckwits, don't you? That's why so many cases are not prosecuted - because they do not have the intellectual capacity to put an argument together.
- Updated: Rider killed in Severn Bridge Road Race named as Junior Heffernan1 year 20 weeks agoRIP
- Rapha launches Team Sky Season Guide sticker book plus limited edition La Primavera t-shirt (+ gallery)1 year 20 weeks agoHah!
Though you had me at
Though you had me at 'blue' I do like their blue t-shirts
- Updated: Rider killed in Severn Bridge Road Race named as Junior Heffernan1 year 20 weeks agoTragic; R.I.P.
Tragic; R.I.P.Sam1 wrote:
Doc, this is not hearsay. This was from riders alongside him when it happened. Otherwise I wouldnt have posted it.
Unless you witnessed it, your comment is indeed hearsay, as doc points out.
- LBS vs. on-line?1 year 20 weeks agoI use Evans in Great Portland
I use Evans in Great Portland St if I can as they will price match and if there's an issue I can speak to someone face to face. If it's something they don't have I use Chain reaction or Planet X. Stopped using Wiggle as their customer service was shit. Planet X customer service is fine, had one order where they sent the wrong thing but sorted it our quickly and without quibbling. Never had to call Chain Reaction.
The problem with online orders from the larger companies is dealing with call centre type staff who you then have to start quoting the law too as they aren't trained sufficiently.
- Paris Nice Rider Roster and Values1 year 20 weeks agoMarcel kittel listed as a
Marcel kittel listed as a domestique? I totally missed him as a result. Why is this dave?
- LBS vs. on-line?1 year 20 weeks agoI'm all for supporting local
I'm all for supporting local businesses if they do a good job and sell items at sensible prices but they often don't.
My LBS forced me into becoming my own mechanic after a number of poor performances when repairing my bikes, no phone calls to say the work had been done, putting off jobs to do others, I just never knew where I stood with them. TBH they did me a favour in the long run as I can do it all myself now.
I've often been gone to collect basics such as lube and inner tubes and they've had none, after this happens a few times you think what's the point in making the trip when I can get it cheaper online anyway.
- Bike Fitting1 year 20 weeks agoLangdale
Langdale Lightweights,Mapperley,Nottingham,Mick Green the owner,and Nottingham Iron Man,has people coming from all over for his bike fits,I was in last week and he had a lady in from Newcastle for 2 bike fits.Personally I have 3 bikes all fitted to me by Mick,the first was an alluminium Langdale built for me on 72 inch Fixed wheel,the next was my Orbea Ordu TT machine,again fitted to me,and since riding it I beat my Vet standard at 10 and 25 miles,but I never claim,the last is an Orbea onix,fitted to me,and again it fits like a glove,if you can afford to go down the bike fit road it is worth it.Foxy
- Updated: Rider killed in Severn Bridge Road Race named as Junior Heffernan1 year 20 weeks agoLatest police statement and
Latest police statement and request for witnesses
- LBS vs. on-line?1 year 20 weeks agoWell I'm inclined to use
Well I'm inclined to use LBSs, if only because it's useful to get your hands on something before choosing to buy it. That said, if you buy on-line, you can send back in the first month due to the distance-selling laws.
- York cyclist injured by branch thrown from bridge tells perpetrators to stop before someone is killed1 year 20 weeks agoSounds like one for special
Sounds like one for special branch.
Seriously though I had a bottle of beer thrown at me a while back when I made the mistake of cycling through a known rough town early one Sunday morning. I even had the chance to back out of passing the mob of hung over/still pi**sed up goons but decided to go for it. Bottle hit my foot/crank, abuse followed and I just cycled off without even acknowledging it happened which riled them even more. Unfortunately there always seem to be someone out to spoil our fun.
- SMIDSY drivers beware the Helmet of Justice is watching and it's got 360° vision1 year 20 weeks ago'increasinly commen'
work experience week?