- New to road cycling! Any recommendations for first bike? 6ft 4" budget up to £1000 ideally £600-£7501 year 20 weeks agoJust come back from a VIP
Just come back from a VIP night at Leisure Lake Bikes in Daventry..
They had a rep from Mekk and 5 bikes.
Look exceptional in the flesh and well equipped for the price
- Tour of Medatarian1 year 20 weeks agoTERatcliffe26 wrote:
Ive notTERatcliffe26 wrote:
Ive not seen any pictoral profiles, however the route and mountain heights etc are on the website
Man, you know it's serious when you're looking at stuff like that to try and pick a team. But well done, TERs, I couldn't even find their website.
I'm looking on Bing maps to check out the likely profiles. Should I see a doctor or just have more tequila?
Also, I'm very pleaesd to see that Tommy V has been upgraded by road.cc from AR to GC. That should be prominent amongst his palmares.
- Ride It Scotland Event1 year 20 weeks agoDrove up the other day to
Drove up the other day to Loch Katrine from Aberfoyle. The road is now open but the weather forecast is looking pretty bad for the next few days so will be closed again.The road is not in the greatest condition and has lots of pot-holes.Rode it last year and its quite hard but well capable with a compact and a 28 or even a 25. Make sure your brakes are good as the run down is fast and twisty.Enjoy and pray for dry conditions.
- Questions and Comments1 year 20 weeks agoCan I just say that the
Can I just say that the Dashboard is turning out to be excellent?
I think I can.
- Just in: Pearson Cycles Once More Unto the Breach1 year 20 weeks agotimmah wrote:Both 7005timmah wrote:
Both 7005 aluminium and steel framed at the same time?
Ok well spotted, suitably edited
- Just in: Garmin Edge 810 + videos1 year 20 weeks agoNo problems at all with my
No problems at all with my 800 and Mac OS X.
- Just in: Pearson Cycles Once More Unto the Breach1 year 20 weeks agoPretty much any mudguard will
Pretty much any mudguard will fit but we most frequently use the SKS Chromoplastic P35
- Eurobike 2012: Zipp launch 202 Firecrest clincher and ‘fastest ever’ rear wheel1 year 20 weeks ago(No subject)
- Lapierre Sensium 200 CP (2013)1 year 20 weeks agoIt's the late nights he's
It's the late nights he's spent working on the game
Hmm… maybe I should re-phrase that
- Dream Team1 year 20 weeks agoThat's why its called a DREAM
That's why its called a DREAM team, you can but dream.
Its worked fine this far, so I don't see why it needs changed.
It does sayQuote:
This team may not be selectable due to team and/or budget constraints
- Pinarello 2013 Team Sky and Giro d’Italia edition Dogma 65.1 Think 2 bikes1 year 20 weeks agoNow I like the Giro version.
Now I like the Giro version. Will Sky be racing in those colours?
- Just in: Garmin Edge 810 + videos1 year 20 weeks agojust unboxed my new and
just unboxed my new and already outdated 500 today, v. nice - thanks CRC january sale! I was tempted by the enhanced gadgetation and shininess of the newer #10 models but really the phone connectivity isn't all that useful as far as I can see.
Look fwd to your assessment of the 'outfront' mount although I prefer the look of the sram one.
- Just in: Garmin Edge 810 + videos1 year 20 weeks agoCan anyone tell me if they
Can anyone tell me if they also have problems connecting their 800 to a Mac? I have no problems with a work PC, but it just disconnects the drive from the Mac the minute you try to do something useful with it.
It's a great device for mapping a route, and saves me loads of time if want to explore a new area. I guess the iPhone connectivity gets rid of the Mac problem.
- Pro Bike: Cristiano Salerno's Cannondale Pro Team SuperSix Evo1 year 20 weeks agoThat is pant-changingly nice.
That is pant-changingly nice.
- Just in: Garmin Edge 810 + videos1 year 20 weeks agoGot the Garmin 200
Got the Garmin 200 (budget/entry level device). It's not the most advanced, but it records the data I want and does provide some (breadcrumb) navigation. It's never missed a beat, the battery life is ace and the interface (Garmin Connect) is good too.
- Just in: Pearson Cycles Once More Unto the Breach1 year 20 weeks agostick some full length guards
stick some full length guards on it quick
- Just in: Pearson Cycles Once More Unto the Breach1 year 20 weeks agois that shot in wide
is that shot in wide angle?
if not...thats not a nice looking bike
- France Route Calais to Carcassone1 year 20 weeks agoLet me know if you want any
Let me know if you want any more advice or info, as I'm planning something similar. Also, I know a bit about the Languedoc region between the Med and Carcassonne.
- France Route Calais to Carcassone1 year 20 weeks agoThanks for the links; I'll
Thanks for the links; I'll start reading..I'm assuming that some of it will have to be RN just to allow for distance in a day but want to try and find as many long B road stretches if possible hence the early planning
- France Route Calais to Carcassone1 year 20 weeks agoMilau would be good but not
Milau would be good but not sure if bikes are allowed?
- Fränk Schleck receives one-year ban for failed Tour de France doping test1 year 20 weeks agoandyp wrote:Exactly,andyp wrote:
Exactly, bikeboy76. It's not as if Fronk has a shady past, like transferring money to Fuentes and being implicated in Operation Puerto, or anything like that.
Oh, hang on a minute...
Fuentes said last week in court that he was just a doctor & didn't do 'training programs' a la Michele Ferrari... just the blood bags!
Frank had always said he paid for 'training programes'
Almost exactly the same crime as Contador... but he has a lot more support... at least in the english speaking press... strange double standard to me
- Just in: Pearson Cycles Once More Unto the Breach1 year 20 weeks agoFrame Aluminium double
Frame Aluminium double butted
- Ever thought of a Ti bike?????1 year 20 weeks agoTwo bike here. Sabbath Silk
Two bike here. Sabbath Silk Road Alp with Sram Red for summer and like you I have just built a Sabbath September for winter. Wonderful ride - proper comfy - all road bumps ironed out - full mudguards. Couldn't have wished for a better winter ride!
- Giant Connect SL stem and OD2 stem... whats the difference.1 year 20 weeks agoOkay, thanks. Sometimes you
Okay, thanks. Sometimes you cant see whats on the end of your nose.
- Canyon or Ribble?1 year 20 weeks agoThats not good if that's
Thats not good if that's true,
I might ask about that cause you got to trust these online only guys
Anyway bike is fine despite that