- Lapierre Road Bike Sizing ?1 year 17 weeks agoMy thought, pick another
My thought, pick another bike. If you've had a bike fit done, you will have your measurements, why bother getting the fit if you aren't going to use it anyway?
- Giro Del Trentino stage 41 year 17 weeks agoRosters amended, forgot to
Rosters amended, forgot to take yesterdays off last night apologies.
- Cambridge still tops list for cycling in England... but is bicycle usage there really in decline...?1 year 17 weeks ago(No subject)
- Starting Out1 year 17 weeks agoAlso stay away from that
Also stay away from that weight room.
Just smack a turbo in front of a Telly.
Wake up an hour early, get on it and smash around. Wakes you up and increases circulation to the brain for PRODUCTIVE LEARNING.
Get on again at Lunch, especially if you have a free period straight after and smash around again.
Smash around again after school before Prep.
20 minutes easy spin before bed.
I'm guessing you have a kitchen?
- Cambridge still tops list for cycling in England... but is bicycle usage there really in decline...?1 year 17 weeks agoAs a local I'm pleased to
As a local I'm pleased to hear that Gosport is in the top 5 for something that isn't teen pregnancy Shame most of the children can't ride in a straight line though...
- Loopwheels launches funding drive on Kickstarter1 year 17 weeks agooooh.... can see a DownHill
oooh.... can see a DownHill race for folding bikes coming!
- Starting Out1 year 17 weeks agoStay away from those Bike
Stay away from those Bike 'Maschines," they'll do you no good.
- Boom or bust? Sustrans laments "bitterly disappointing" cycling stats but British Cycling claimed boom on stats from same source1 year 17 weeks agoThe way in which raw data is
The way in which raw data is interpreted is subject to statistical techniques employed. ONS at first glance may seem to be reliable, but when scaling up samples to large numbers and stating trends, a measure as crude as "nearest number" is essentially going to produce inaccurate results. Going to two decimal places on a sample and then scaling will be far more accurate, so this may appear to indicate that Sport England's figures are actually more valid, whilst those from ONS (unless the sample is huge, which is unlikely) may not be entirely based on completely reliable source data in the first place. GIGO (garbage in, garbage out) always applies when considering statistics and any conclusions which may be drawn. Sustrans comments, as noted, appear to be more than a little silly, the use of language is clearly intended to promote their cause, which is fine, but a more skilful use of words would be helpful.
- Flèche Wallonne: Daniel Moreno strongest on Mur de Huy to win from Sergio Henao and Carlos Betancur1 year 17 weeks agoNice to see Vos join the
Nice to see Vos join the men's podium but the other two other riders (Elisa Longo Borghini and Ashleigh Moolman) are missing. It's in photographer Kristof Ramon's slideshow from the day:
- Taming the Paris-Roubaix pavé1 year 17 weeks agoRoubaix Challenge is awesome,
Roubaix Challenge is awesome, did it this year, the most entertaining way in the world to get vibration white finger.
Kit - Spesh Tarmac SL3, Fulcrum racing 1's, 25mm conti 4-seasons. 5hrs 45mins. No punctures, no breakages, no blisters, and no real money spent on kit, no fuss, awesome day.
I would say that I could've been faster with more compliant kit though, it would help alot, but it is not necessary for a "normal rider".
- Test Brooks' new Cambium saddle1 year 17 weeks agoSite seems to be working
Site seems to be working alright now.
- Soul S2.0 wheelset1 year 17 weeks agoHi Adam, unfortunately I
Hi Adam, unfortunately I can't at the moment, domestic stuff taking priority. However, for future reference, can you tell me:
I believe there were some issues with bearing seals letting in water - has this been sorted?
Will the rim take a 25mm tyre? Thinking of options to manage the stiffness mentioned in the review.
Do you have a demo set of the s2.0? Can these be sent to Manchester once I'm ready to start looking seriously?
Do you have any stockists in north west England yet?
- Loopwheels launches funding drive on Kickstarter1 year 17 weeks agoNow they are very similar to
Now they are very similar to an old pram wheel I saw in Beamish, 4 metal leaf springs connecting the axle to the rim. That was 700c ish. Wonder if they've got a pair I could try.
- Tubular for daily use - Any thoughts?1 year 17 weeks agoCorrect me if I'm wrong but
Correct me if I'm wrong but having to pump the tyre every day is down to the latex tubes and not tubulars per se?..
I'm interested in this thread as I've been debating making the move to tubulars.
I'm worried about the hassle of carrying spares and re-gluing on the road, but it may be worth it - how else do you access the aero / ultra-lightweight wheel market?
1 kg wheelset is very tempting!
- Cotic update Roadrat1 year 17 weeks agododgy wrote:Looks great, candodgy wrote:
Looks great, can this be supplied with drop bars I wonder?
IIRC the drop bar version was discontinued a bit ago - if you could make the geometry work for you, you could always go frame & fork only though & build one up.
Or you could look at the >X<...
- Storck Pro Bib Shorts1 year 17 weeks ago'No fancy details' Just £9
'No fancy details' Just £9 more than Rapha...
- Just in: StantoVelo Protective Arm Warmers1 year 17 weeks agoLook very useful to me,
Look very useful to me, especially for commuting. Road rash is just a PITA, like when it sticks to the bed sheets etc.
- First spy shots of finished Kinesis Aithein frame1 year 17 weeks agoDid they give Road cc any
Did they give Road cc any technical info on the frame regarding torsional stiffness and such. Especially at the BB. This looks really nice, i do have my eye on the Velocite Selene which is cheaper but not because of that but because of its rated 125Nm stiffness at the BB.
That's more than a fair amount of Carbon frame bikes.
- Soul S2.0 wheelset1 year 17 weeks agoCheers notfastenough, good
Cheers notfastenough, good spot.
Our web dealer racewaredirect.co.uk are helping to get through the last few pairs of 2012 Soul wheels and all of the remaining stk of aluminium rimmed models are £380.00 from their website. There are also similar savings on the carbon rimmed models!!
Go grab a deal!
- Police in Cumbria seek witnesses after 3 cyclists slapped by car passenger in separate incidents1 year 17 weeks agoWhy don't you just go round
Why don't you just go round his house and slap his arse then?
- London Cycling Awards 2013 shortlist revealed... and road.cc is on it1 year 17 weeks agoCycle Surgery!
Grrrrr I had
Grrrrr I had atrocious service from them.
Lunar Cycles in Kentish Town on the other hand is excellent, thoroughly recommended.
- New satnav system warns lorry drivers in London that they are approaching cyclist 'hotspots'1 year 17 weeks ago"I know the cyclist was
"I know the cyclist was directly in front of me, but the Sat Nav didn't tell me not to hit him/her"
"So do I sue Tomtom for my broken wind shield?"
- London Cycling Awards 2013 shortlist revealed... and road.cc is on it1 year 17 weeks agoThanks for the great article
Thanks for the great article making us aware of this, without it I wouldn't have even known guardian were up for an award
- Starting Out1 year 17 weeks ago2 weeks out of every 5 I
2 weeks out of every 5 I cannot cycle outdoors.
I have have been doing long base miles on my 3 weeks leave then doing high intensity sessions on the turbo trainer while offshore.
I have to say it works really well for me and at 41 I am now fitter (and have a smaller waist) than when in my mid 20's.
I recommend the sufferfest videos for your indoor sessions, they really take the boredom out of turbo training and i actually look forward to my indoor sessions.
hope this helps
- First spy shots of finished Kinesis Aithein frame1 year 17 weeks agoan elite group of facebook
an elite group of facebook cyber-loafers, maybe