- What's the best looking bike in the WorldTour? Vote for one in our expertly drawn up shortlist or nominate your own1 year 42 weeks agohave to go for Omega ...
have to go for Omega ... Specialized
- Paris gives green light to trial scheme to allow red light jumping cyclists1 year 42 weeks agoThe big difference being that
The big difference being that France is very open to cycling and they embrace it. Where as London just sees it as a pain in the arse. I had the opportunity to ride from London to Paris last year, and as we rode around the Arc de Triomphe, cars stopped to let us go. There was only 10 of us, not a huge horde, but all the way from Dieppe to Paris, cars were tooting/waving/applauding. Ok, so it was the weekend of the Paris stage of the TDF, but I doubt even if Cav wins the green Jersey and Wiggo comes home with the yellow, we will never be able to take cycling into our arms and give it the hug it deserves. We as a city (can't speak for the rest of the UK), are not built for it. We are not Christania/Amsterdam/Paris or Berlin. A shame really.
I was in the car the other day, and remarked to a cyclist who had just rode through a red light that, although I was a avid cyclist, what he had done was breaking the law and it's quite possible that he could end up being another cycling 'death statistic'. His answer to this was that it was a 'free world' and that he could do 'whatever he wanted'. Well, with arseholes like him on the streets, how are we going to win the affection of the general public?
- The Times publishes more than 4,000 personal accounts by cyclists of dangers they face on Britain's roads1 year 42 weeks ago@ Simon E. And it is the
@ Simon E. And it is the capital city... where better to start?
Capital city of where? Britain,the UK, since devolvement of Scotland and Wales, perhaps England, this green and pleasant land? I think not. Every time I have visited London I have been reminded of how little the place has in common with the "country" ie Gt Britain in which I live. It is an entity of its own having little in common with the country it is said to be the capital of. Example :- In 47yrs of commuting by bike I have never seen a cyclist ride through a red light. I rest my case.
- WTD 42cm oversized compact dropbars1 year 42 weeks agoAs luck would have it I have
As luck would have it I have some Easton EA50 42cm compacts just removed this evening. Some light marks from brake and stem clamps but logos are unmarked and bar in great condition. £20 posted to uk, please pm if interested
- CAS bans Jan Ullrich for 2 years, strips him of results obtained since 1 May 20051 year 42 weeks agoIn any case of doping being
In any case of doping being proven, the top riders must have benefited through sponsorship & salary.
Do they then have to pay back a portion of what they made?
The riders who have therefore stepped up a place must have lost out on wages etc. Are they liable then to sue the stripped riders?
- Tour of Oman1 year 42 weeks agoStage 4 is nothing terrible,
Stage 4 is nothing terrible, a little bumpy, good for breaks maybe; but 5 should be good. Couple of Ks of 13.5% at the end. Going to be interesting to decide when to bring the climbers in.
- Tour of Qatar Stage 6: Cavendish crashes as FDJ's Démare wins stage, Boonen takes overall1 year 42 weeks agonoooooooo.... Gutted to see
noooooooo.... Gutted to see Mark Crash. Thank god nothing serious to Mark or any Riders and everyone is ok..
- Vino1 year 42 weeks agoHe's riding this year again,
He's riding this year again, didn't want to retire they way he was almost forced to by the crash, so he'll be around some races this season
- What's the best looking bike in the WorldTour? Vote for one in our expertly drawn up shortlist or nominate your own1 year 42 weeks agoOther = Cannondale
Other = Cannondale
- Tech Roundup: Cyclo steel frames, Sigma Sport carbon, Endura, Lizard Skins, Rotor, Giant, BioLogic plus more…1 year 42 weeks agoCyclo Grava - 'touring' frame
Cyclo Grava - 'touring' frame and yet they've put the disc mount on the seatstay which means fitting almost any sort of rack or mudguard is a right, royal pain in the....
- Tour of Oman1 year 42 weeks agoI know it may be warmer
I know it may be warmer there, but from bit I've seen on Eurosport it's not exactly exciting racing.
- The Times publishes more than 4,000 personal accounts by cyclists of dangers they face on Britain's roads1 year 42 weeks agoFATBEGGARONABIKE wrote: is itFATBEGGARONABIKE wrote:
is it that he has been affected (afflicted?) by all this anti cycling lycra bashing in the media?
Almost certainly. I even come across plenty of cyclists who'd rather have a seam in their trouser cutting into their perineum than wear proper cycling shorts and seem to want wasps to fly up their trouser-legs.
- What's the best looking bike in the WorldTour? Vote for one in our expertly drawn up shortlist or nominate your own1 year 42 weeks agoI like Lampre's Wilier,
I like Lampre's Wilier, followed by BMC and thirdly FDJ's Lapierre
So i voted "other"
- 2012 WorldTour bikes: who's riding what this season1 year 42 weeks agoKnow what you mean
Know what you mean Russyparkin. Had a Damocles ISP, and have a Phaeton R. Waiting for a Noah frame to arrive...but it's not a FAST.
Some of these bikes are illegally beautiful.
- Tour of Oman1 year 42 weeks agoThanks Dave
For a while I
For a while I thought there were 900 riders
- What's the best looking bike in the WorldTour? Vote for one in our expertly drawn up shortlist or nominate your own1 year 42 weeks agoAlthough the Saxo Bank mount
Although the Saxo Bank mount is decidedly invisible, its clearly all about the S5, even if it does have nasty shimano componentry
- Tour of Qatar Stage 6: Cavendish crashes as FDJ's Démare wins stage, Boonen takes overall1 year 42 weeks agohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?
Renshaw was on the receiving end of a head-shove (not quite a butt) a few hundred meters out, I wonder what he made of that.
- Tech Roundup: Cyclo steel frames, Sigma Sport carbon, Endura, Lizard Skins, Rotor, Giant, BioLogic plus more…1 year 42 weeks agoIs it me or does that touring
Is it me or does that touring frame have no bottle bosses? And I'm not sure but I can't see rack mounts either, which would be a bit of a flaw on a tourer!
Apart from that it does look like a nice frame. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt; perhaps it's a prototype? I especially like the white stays and that it has both cantilever and disk brake mounts, though I guess the latter is becoming standard.
- Tour of Qatar Stage 61 year 42 weeks agoSagan had a good day, stage
Sagan had a good day, stage 5, made the mistake of thinking he was getting some good form , not sure there's anything guaranteed in this game though...
- What's the best looking bike in the WorldTour? Vote for one in our expertly drawn up shortlist or nominate your own1 year 42 weeks agoIn the absence of a Colnago
In the absence of a Colnago (hint to the UCI if they kick Saxo out) I think it's the Orbea for me
- Tour of Oman1 year 42 weeks agoprovisional start list is
provisional start list is up...
- 2012 WorldTour bikes: who's riding what this season1 year 42 weeks agoRidley Noah Fast.....Ridley
Ridley Noah Fast.....Ridley Noah F-F-F-F-F......
- Paris gives green light to trial scheme to allow red light jumping cyclists1 year 42 weeks agoAt the risk of sounding
At the risk of sounding stupid.........
Wouldn't it be 'turn left' in the UK's case? Or am I missing something?
- Tour of Qatar Stage 61 year 42 weeks ago@Dave
up 10 places
up 10 places today, my first upward move for a while. It seems illness interferes with fantasy as well as real cycling! Hope to get back on my bike in a couple of days when I'm completely recovered and the big freeze abates. Had to change my battery on the car and have a winter service yesterday and then had an overheating rad today!! Hate cars, can't wait to get back on the bike!!
- Tour of Qatar Stage 61 year 42 weeks agoFarrar had lots of guaranteed
Farrar had lots of guaranteed points, why swop him? He scored more than Demare who won the stage.