- Tour de Romandie - Prologue1 year 17 weeks agoIs he last man setting off?
Is he last man setting off? If he's dropped out I will not be happy!
- Tour de Romandie - Prologue1 year 17 weeks agoI've had a look at the
I've had a look at the biciclisimo start time list and cannot find the name of C. Froome. Maybe it's my eyes
- Tour de Romandie - Prologue1 year 17 weeks agoIn case you want to follow
In case you want to follow the action:chrisdstripes wrote:
Live leaderboard here - Brajkovic the early leader!
Current top 10:
1 86 KELDERMAN W.* BLA 13:33.100
2 122 BOARO M. TST 11
3 101 BRAJKOVIC J. AST 12
4 81 GESINK R. BLA 17
5 53 DENNIS R.* GRS 32
6 15 IGNATENKO P. KAT 35
7 107 SILIN E. AST 47
8 172 BILLE G. LTB ST
9 95 DUPONT H. ALM ST
10 22 BAKELANTS J. RLT 55
- Tour De Romandie1 year 17 weeks agoEarly days, but Kelderman has
Early days, but Kelderman has just topped the above!
- Rapha offer personalised Team Sky replica jerseys1 year 17 weeks agoIt's like name stickers on
It's like name stickers on your bike. Fine if you have a team of mechanics with 20 bikes to sort out but if it's just you then it's personal vanity which - like hair dye and capped teeth - aint fooling anybody.
Named kit is like a national champs jersey. In my club only the actual national champs wear them....
- Tour De Romandie1 year 17 weeks ago1 122 BOARO M. TST
1 122 BOARO M. TST 13:44.740
2 101 BRAJKOVIC J. AST 01
3 81 GESINK R. BLA 06
4 53 DENNIS R.* GRS 21
5 15 IGNATENKO P. KAT 24
6 172 BILLE G. LTB 36
7 22 BAKELANTS J. RLT 44
8 42 BRAMBILLA G. OPQ ST
9 92 BÉRARD J. ALM 45
10 155 MOUREY F. FDJ 46
Gesink showing well
- No charges for road rage van driver who assaulted cyclist (+ video of incident)1 year 17 weeks agoall we need is a name...
all we need is a name...
- Hincapie announce new season lineup1 year 17 weeks agohincapie took drugs, like
hincapie took drugs, like most others of his time seemed to, ie Lance, the difference is he didn't ruin the lives, repuations and earnings of everything in his way just to admonish / hide his own guilt
- No charges for road rage van driver who assaulted cyclist (+ video of incident)1 year 17 weeks agoShort bloke with muscles.
Short bloke with muscles. Classic Roid rage. Lot's of them out there.
Remember if this happens to you - your bike is your shield. Stand your ground. No one likes a oily chain set in the face
I heard a story about a Peak District training run where a Range Rover came too close to the group and the driver stopped and got out for some argy bargy. A recently retired pro of huge experience pulled his bike upright ( apparently to turn it around and flee..) and some how managed to hit the driver between the eyes with his front wheel! The driver took to inspecting the adjacent ditch, apologies were made, and the cyclists continued on their way..
- Tour De Romandie1 year 17 weeks agoWe all fell in love with
We all fell in love with Johnny as a result of some shi*e driving and a barbed wire fence...sadly his legs dont match his heart at this level....
- Tour De Romandie1 year 17 weeks agoLive leaderboard here -
Live leaderboard here - Brajkovic the early leader!
- No charges for road rage van driver who assaulted cyclist (+ video of incident)1 year 17 weeks agoSome people are dangerously
Some people are dangerously insane. That's just not what a sane person does, is it? Jump out of his vehicle, twice, in order to punch someone going about their business? Quite clearly, ignoring any politics of the road, that van driver is unstable and therefore a dangerous menace. At the very least, he needs some sort of counselling to sort out his issues and reduce his dancer to society. And why he can't be given an appropriate punishment is ludicrous.
- Tour De Romandie1 year 17 weeks agodrheaton wrote:Ghedebravdrheaton wrote:Ghedebrav wrote:
Hoogerland seems pretty bargainous, but somehow he won't fit in my purist (it's him or Grabsch, and I'm going Grabsch). Other than that I'm pretty settled on my team, not too much hair-tearing. Worth bearing in mind that it's a short tour and there are two TTs
Hoogerland is an odd one, he's cheap because he hasn't scrored points. I hate to say it but I think to a certain extent his career is built on being knocked off in the Tour, I don't remember him ever doing much else.
Hoogerland 4th from the first six. He's certainly not going to do anything today.
- No charges for road rage van driver who assaulted cyclist (+ video of incident)1 year 17 weeks agoI'd love to meet him and have
I'd love to meet him and have a chat
- Bath's new road racing circuit to open on Saturday1 year 17 weeks agoI would have thought Tony and
I would have thought Tony and Dave would have cut the ribbon?
I trust you both will be testing it in your Road.CC kit and reporting back....
- Drink-drive nurse who killed teen cyclist in hit and run sentenced to five years four months in jail1 year 17 weeks agoSorry I meant Sam's family.
Sorry I meant Sam's family. At least Luke us still alive.
- Drink-drive nurse who killed teen cyclist in hit and run sentenced to five years four months in jail1 year 17 weeks agoBez is right. I too do not
Bez is right. I too do not understand the difference between careless and dangerous driving. It's like being careless with a gun. Careless IS dangerous surely regardless of what provisos and nuances you use to separate the two?
My sympathies to Luke's family. One life over at 15 and others wrecked.
- Tour De Romandie1 year 17 weeks agoQue Sera, Sera......Whatever
Que Sera, Sera......Whatever will be, will be.....
- Tour De Romandie1 year 17 weeks agoMeersman, Nizzollo, Dumoulin,
Meersman, Nizzollo, Dumoulin, those are the riders I'm looking at for later in the week.
Probably will avoid Matthews if he's working for Goss, and no idea how Cav will do on the 'flat' stages. But there's plenty of sprinting options in the race with Viviani, Bookwalter, Blythe and Ferrari all racing.
- Tour De Romandie1 year 17 weeks agoI think Dumoulin could top 10
I think Dumoulin could top 10 in the prologue...
Then i went Gavazzi and Bouet for tomorrow in my standard and just Meersman in my purist. but I plan on bringing Meersman into my standard after today.
- Bath's new road racing circuit to open on Saturday1 year 17 weeks agoJonMack wrote:I was hopingJonMack wrote:
I was hoping that i'd be able to head to the track for a couple of hours after work to get some decent uninterrupted training time in, but as I'm not a member of any cycling club (or British Cycling currently) I guess that means I'm unable to use it at all?
One way around this would be to join a few Facebook pages of cycling clubs then just go to their sessions. I'm sure they'd be accepting of contributions to the fees! I'm in Somer Valley CC and no sessions have been decided yet. Just keep an ear to the ground
- A chat with Dániel Merényi at Bespoked Bristol 20131 year 17 weeks agoLovely lug work and he's
Lovely lug work and he's given the names some backstory - not just called them 'Rage' or 'Evoke' or something teenage.
Good luck with the business Dániel.
- Tour De Romandie1 year 17 weeks agoray silvester wrote:
2)Anyoneray silvester wrote:
2)Anyone know the cut off point for youth eligibility? Is Talansky eleigible?
For a reason I cannot find, Talansky is not eligible for the young riders Jersey despite still being under 25
I was only able to confirm this once the startlist for the prologue was produced, so apologies if this affected your selecting riders.
- Drink-drive nurse who killed teen cyclist in hit and run sentenced to five years four months in jail1 year 17 weeks agoIt's clearly not murder, and
It's clearly not murder, and it's not manslaughter either; as should be clear from reading the criteria and guidelines for the prosecution for each.
It is, however, another shining example of how the relatively new "death by careless driving" charge repeatedly gets in the way of the toothier "dangerous" charge. The CPS seem pathologically incapable of bringing, or unwilling to bring, a dangerous charge in so many scenarios where the driving and related actions of the accused is patently dangerous - not just by any reasonable lay definition, but by the CPS's own guidance. Quite why this is the case is frankly beyond me, and also beyond plenty of other people who have a more thorough grasp of the law than I do.
Never mind the fact that describing the act of consuming four alcoholic drinks and then driving a car and killing one child and injuring another as "careless" is absurd in extremis and is demeaning to all involved.
Regardless of the jail term (do we have details of which charges garnered what sentences?), every other aspect of the prosecution process and legal definition continues to send out the message that death on the road through even the most abject ineptitude, incapacitation and irresponsibility is something that society continues to regard as neither horrific nor exceptional.
- Tour De Romandie1 year 17 weeks agoThe race could go any number
The race could go any number of ways and I don't think that we'll really know who's a contender until the end of today.
Hesjedal/Betancur are both racing the Giro so likely won't go hard for the full race, Gesink too (although he perhaps has more to prove) and then there's the likes of Moreno who might feel he needs time in the hills before the final time trial so the race could really break up.
Add on top of that the fact that three of six days are 'transitional' stages and it may be that picking obvious single stage point scorers (Martin for the TT, Pinot/Rolland for the queen stage) might not be the best tactic. A team with Gavazzi, Dumoulin or Meersman might take three stages and a raft of top 10s and put us all to shame but I was afraid of how unpredictable that may be and stuck to the safer option of climbers.
Also, my biggest concern for this week is not picking Albasini...