- Thor Hushovd recces the cobbles... and tests the new BMC GF01 frame?1 year 40 weeks agoIn a world of ugly BMC bikes
In a world of ugly BMC bikes that is particularly minging.
- Comedian John Bishop rides 185 miles in a day for Sports Relief... then rows across Channel (+ video)1 year 40 weeks agowhats with all the gaffer
whats with all the gaffer tape over his mates jackets? JB looks like he is riding a combination of Gore Bike Wear & Altura which genrally seems to be the outerwear stuff worn by celebs on bikes for sports relief- Does the beeb not want any tacit adverts?
Either that ot they are old jackets with holes in them patched up by gaffer tape...
- Forme 2012 bike range grows to 40 models including a £1,500 TT bike1 year 40 weeks agolike the look of the
like the look of the longcliffe - i see a new winter bike coming...
- Colnago K.Zero time trial frame slips cover + video1 year 40 weeks agoUnless Allesandro has got a
Unless Allesandro has got a bit taller and much faster-looking, I don't think it's him )
- Best bike to work for a grand is this it?1 year 40 weeks agoI had this same problem last
I had this same problem last summer too. Ended up going with a Ribble New Sportive, with full Campag Veloce groupset and Campag Khamsin wheels, paid a about £200 over the £1000 cyclescheme voucher but was well worth the money and Ribble were brilliant. I'd originally ordered the Sportive frame but the one I ordered had a paint defect so they offered to upgrade the frame for about £30 quid!
You may also want to consider that the government had been looking to take VAT in to account on the payments during late 2011 so not sure how this will effect your payments.
- What to do when illness strikes - build a new bike!1 year 40 weeks agoBike's looking mean there
Bike's looking mean there Sam!
- Colnago K.Zero time trial frame slips cover + video1 year 40 weeks agoIn the video head on clip the
In the video head on clip the bike looks like a tricycle
- Van driver who killed cyclist on A40 told he may face jail after being found guilty1 year 40 weeks agoI actually have some sympathy
I actually have some sympathy for the driver - last year there was one autumn day when I could hardly see a bloody thing because of the low sun - I was on an empty back road and could slow down, but it would have been so easy to have run someone over, especially rounding a bend and being blinded. In circumstances like that I do slow down (even if it's on a main road) and to hell with what the bastards behind me think of it.
There but for, etc.
Having said the above, I have a lot more sympathy for the unlucky bugger on the bike.
- Paris Nice. Prologue.1 year 40 weeks agoIf i had 1 guess id say you
If i had 1 guess id say you mean mollema
- bibs, under or over your base layer?1 year 40 weeks agoMainly on British Roads
Mainly on British Roads
- Paris Nice. Prologue.1 year 40 weeks agowell smash a top 5 TT and
well smash a top 5 TT and overall podium, let the guessing games begin...
Should have mentioned him now....
B. Wiggins GC SKY 38.4
F. Schleck GC RSN 38.0
A. Schleck GC RSN 37.8
B. Mollema GC RAB 36.8
C. Froome GC SKY 35.8
D. Menchov GC KAT 31.5
I. Anton GC EUS 27.6
A. Kloden GC RSN 27.6
I. Basso GC LIQ 26.7
D. Arroyo GC MOV 24.8
L. Leipheimer GC OPQ 22.6
T. Martin AR OPQ 38.4
T. Hushovd AR BMC 35.0
T. Voeckler AR EUC 33.3
D. Cunego AR LAM 31.1
C. Le Mevel AR GRM 31.1
M. Monfort AR RSN 30.7
K. Siutsou AR SKY 28.3
A. Valverde AR MOV 28.3
D. Millar AR GRM 28.2
T. Boonen AR OPQ 27.8
G. Thomas AR SKY 27.4
S. Chavanel AR OPQ 25.2
N. Nuyens AR SAX 23.5
J. Roy AR FDJ 23.3
J. Brajkovic AR AST 21.8
S. Gerrans AR GRE 21.7
L. Sanchez AR RAB 20.9
B. Leukemans AR VCD 20.5
S. Lagutin AR VCD 20.4
H. Haussler AR GRM 20.3
A. Jeannesson AR FDJ 18.7
T. de Gendt AR VCD 18.4
H. Dupont AR ALM 17.9
F. Sabatini AR LIQ 16.9
K. Kroon AR SAX 15.5
- Transport ministers urge council leaders to take steps on cycle safety1 year 40 weeks agoWho paid for the stamps ? See
Who paid for the stamps ? See absolutely no offer to increase funding !
Another example of blather intended to fool " Joe Public " into thinking that the Poli s have brains !
Comes to mind that IF local authorities wanted to save lives , they would send people out to inspect road surfaces and paint a yellow circle around ALL potholes , manhole covers and drains ! The effect of this would be that Cyclists would be able to anticipate these hazards and move out earlier to avoid them BUT vehicle drivers would ALSO be able to see them and understand why the cyclist was from their POV riding in an erratic manner !
Before any of this could take place , it would be necessary to institute the 20MPH urban speed limit , less rush , more reaction time , less accidents , lowering of the NHS bills !
So far read "A","S" & "M" readers stories in " The Times"
Can any politician fail to act when they have read these stories ?
Sadly 77 MPs only were in Westminster Hall and there was enough Hot air there to fill a balloon ! Yet to see money being allocated OR Cycling ENGLAND being reinstated !
Wrote a blog post and tweeted the link to Cameron but he would let his underlings deal with that , and we all know how they duck and dive to avoid responsibility ?
Regretably it will only be when family are fatally involved that the Political will can be expected to be exerted !
- bibs, under or over your base layer?1 year 40 weeks agoRaleigh wrote:I wear a baseRaleigh wrote:
I wear a base layer, then bib tights, then another base layer, then a t shirt, then a cycling jersey, then a wind jacket.
Makes me look fat.
Warm and fat.
Where are you cycling?
- Paris Nice. Prologue.1 year 40 weeks agoWell I've managed to pick the
Well I've managed to pick the winner in every first stage this year but I'm not going for either the winner or 2nd placed rider this time as I can't afford them. Interestingly my very first no-brainer pick was someone that nobody has mentioned yet, think he could well smash a top 5 TT and overall podium, let the guessing games begin...
- Paris Nice. Prologue.1 year 40 weeks agoMy team is as follows:
My team is as follows:
and to round it off................F Landis.
I think they were canny riders.
- Security at home1 year 40 weeks agodavebinks wrote:The shed bardavebinks wrote:
The shed bar just means they will ignore the door and instead pull the wood away from the side of the shed. Not very difficult. It's only flimsy bits of thin wood nailed in place. Remember they won't worry about causing damage to your shed!
The floor anchor and a MASSIVE m/cycle lock and chain thro' the frames is very good.
Will they not have demolished your shed before they realise the bike is anchored?
Keep my bike in the garage but no extra safety measures. Added insurance on to the home insurance.
- UCI says men's pro cycling in good health; money problems for some teams and races suggest otherwise1 year 40 weeks agoWhilst Mc Quack's head is in
Whilst Mc Quack's head is in the sand and the derriere is exposed to a kicking , Sponsors are deserting his sinking ship !
Hot air will not refloat the Pro Tour and sadly the up and coming racers will find their salary expectations dwindling !
Only good thing to come of all this will be that no one will be able to afford the artificial aids that the Pharmacists are working on .
- Coroner says death of boxing champ Gary Mason while cycling was due to accident or misadventure1 year 40 weeks agopaulfg42 wrote:maxburgoynepaulfg42 wrote:maxburgoyne wrote:I think that's a diversionary tactic by the driver.
Also a reminder to cyclists - lights and hi-vis. Being right post-mortem is scant comfort.
Although it's not 100% clear from the reports I've seen, the details re the lights etc will almost certainly have come from the collision investigator, not the driver.
- Compact to Standard1 year 40 weeks agoSideBurn wrote:Have a look atSideBurn wrote:
Have a look at '53 34?' on page 7
Whoops, note to self, search discreetly for answers to my minds silly questions before asking the forum......
- Paris Nice. Prologue.1 year 40 weeks agoI think the following will do
I think the following will do well next week
VAN SUMMEREN Johan
- Tri BIke Choice1 year 40 weeks agoI dont have any direct
I dont have any direct experience but I have always gotten help from here http://www.2wheelbikes.com/
- Cyclist in Scotland performs 'UK's first bungee jump by bicycle' (+ video)1 year 40 weeks agoclipped in or flats?
clipped in or flats?
- Continental Grand Prix 700x24c tyre1 year 40 weeks agoI've been a conti fan in the
I've been a conti fan in the past and have had longer than average life out of them, for very good p'ture record but I had 4 of thesefail very quickly at the side walls (2 were the 22mm version) and p'tured quite a bit(for me anyway) when they were still running. I've opted for Mitchelin Krylions for a change.
- SOLD..Litespeed Blueridge cross/tourer frameset1 year 40 weeks agowhere can i see the frameset?
where can i see the frameset?
- Paris Nice. Prologue.1 year 40 weeks agoPersonally i think the term
Personally i think the term "fishing" is more apt than anything else...my team bares absolutely no resemblance to any posted but i'm not leading the comp so what do i know