- 25 years on, Wakefield cyclist repeats pothole tandem ride invitation to council1 year 18 weeks agobikeboy76 wrote:I've heardbikeboy76 wrote:
I've heard they also have a problem in Blackburn, Lancashire.
- Water off a Ducks Back Livia Cycle Coat1 year 18 weeks agoThere's a better looking
There's a better looking picture on this website...
- vac stage three1 year 18 weeks agoDespite not having him in my
Despite not having him in my team I actually hope Wiggins wins as my fantasy DS team really needs the World Tour points!
- 25 years on, Wakefield cyclist repeats pothole tandem ride invitation to council1 year 18 weeks ago...You must have a really
...You must have a really good council with bucket loads of cash. I cycle mainly in Oldham & the potholes are so bad here that it was a story on the BBC national news last week...!
Some holes have been filled in but they end up with a shiny finish & are a skid danger...even in the dry!
- Taipei International Cycle Show: Charge launch new Scoop saddle1 year 18 weeks agoI know a few people who'll be
I know a few people who'll be happy with that smooth upper surface - one or two didn't get on with the Spoon because of the stitching on the cover.
- vac stage three1 year 18 weeks agoI've only got seven left in
I've only got seven left in my purist so not much hope for me there then.
- Superstar components Superfly Carbon-Ti Ultralight QRs Pair ROAD FIT £15 posted1 year 18 weeks agoSorry, but gold just isn't
Sorry, but gold just isn't for me!
I must not be cool enough!
- Bib Shorts or normal shorts???1 year 18 weeks agoWhatever you are more
Whatever you are more comfortable in is the best option, shorts personally. Decent padding and fit is higher up on my choice list.
- vac stage three1 year 18 weeks agoSeems my hope is that Ryder
Seems my hope is that Ryder wins
- vac stage three1 year 18 weeks agoI decided against penalty
I decided against penalty transfers, so still have Meersman and another cheap sprinter, happy with the rest though...
- 25 years on, Wakefield cyclist repeats pothole tandem ride invitation to council1 year 18 weeks agoI do and they occasionally
I do and they occasionally get filled, usually to a very poor standard just to get worse within six months or the following year.
- Rapha launch 2013 City clothing range1 year 18 weeks agoI would read 'behind the
I would read 'behind the scenes at Vulpine'! People like me with geeky interests in cycling clothing construction are staggeringly under-catered for at the moment. Completely serious here.
I would also read Dave's blogpost on review meta-analysis. Especially if I can download the spreadsheet to play with. Again, completely serious.
- Taipei International Cycle Show: Merida’s new Ride SL breaks cover1 year 18 weeks agoI agree re colours. This is
I agree re colours. This is what happens when sponsors cash trumps the colour wheel. Fulcrum/Campag are just as guilty though: look at those rims. Hideous.
- Andy Schleck rubbishes drunkenness claim, but says he's finding mental side of racing tough1 year 18 weeks agoGood luck Andy.
Good luck Andy.
- 25 years on, Wakefield cyclist repeats pothole tandem ride invitation to council1 year 18 weeks agoGO TO FILL THAT HOLE ON THE
GO TO FILL THAT HOLE ON THE CTC WEBSITE, OR DOWNLOAD THE APP FOR YOUR PHONE.
EVERY HOLE I'VE EVER REPORTED HAS BEEN FILLED WITHIN A MONTH.
- vac stage three1 year 18 weeks agoSix changes, dropped all of
Six changes, dropped all of my sprinters in order to pick up Rodriguez and some cheap climbers.
- Water off a Ducks Back Livia Cycle Coat1 year 18 weeks agoYes, did more than a "lap of
Yes, did more than a "lap of the car park"
- Wireless computer with cadence ???1 year 18 weeks agoPretty sure you don't need to
Pretty sure you don't need to reset it to alter the time, think you can just get to it through the settings. I certainly don't remember needing to do it on mine which I had for a couple of years before upgrading to a Garmin.
Still got a wired version on my commuter and don't think I've ever altered the time on that one. I know whether I set off for work at 0700 or 0800 by how many cars there are!
Good choice though as far as the OP is concerned, reliable, neat and simple.
- Bargain hunter red alert! Lidl launch spring clothing range this week1 year 18 weeks agodaviddbdaviddb wrote:
BlackblackblackblackBLACK and , oh, & black.
*sighs and hopes drivers are keeping a good lookout*
It actually shows up pretty well (I was thinking as much following a chap with a black jacket on into work today).
As I've said before, if the jacket was a sort of light, greenish grey, with a small stone chip pattern, you'd have a point.
- 25 years on, Wakefield cyclist repeats pothole tandem ride invitation to council1 year 18 weeks ago“This road, like all roads
“This road, like all roads across the district, has been inspected every year to ensure it is of a safe condition for both motorists and pedestrians.”
Yes but not Cyclists!
Unfortunately it is the same everywhere as I have got some right corkers near me that would write off a Mastiff. Patching of the road surface is a pointless exercise because it is never done properly and that just leads to bigger holes. If they are blaming the utility companies for the state of them who was it, in the council, that checked the carriageway reinstatement and signed off on it? Repairing of anything by the lowest bidder is something to be viewed with caution so why is it acceptable for our transport infrastructure? Just repair/resurface the road properly after all "I pay road tax!", council tax I know but I fancied going there as it is a strange feeling to be on that side of the statement
- Rapha launch 2013 City clothing range1 year 18 weeks agoOutside of the ludicrous
Outside of the ludicrous stuff like the Rider Journal, or that handkerchief they wanted £50 for a few years ago, I mostly think "à chacun son goût".
I have a Belgian cap from back when they were the only people doing winter caps with earflaps - good quality. Making the same purchase today, I'd probably go for Walz, but the Rapha cap is nicely made and jolly warm.
- To(m) Boonen or not to Boonen1 year 18 weeks agoSimon_MacMichael wrote:TheSimon_MacMichael wrote:
The Qatar Rule.
Since 2006, if Boonen wins the overall, he also wins Flanders, Roubaix or both.
If he doesn't win Qatar, he doesn't win either.
Not to be taken as an omen for Cav since the rule doesn't hold for just *any* Quick Step rider; Wilfried Kretskens won Qatar in 2007 and nothing since...
My mind is gonna go crazy for the rest of week now So do I go for an out and out sprinter instead or an allround kind of guy He has to stay in my purist
- Just in: Cube Litening Super HPC Race1 year 18 weeks agoRgriffith7 wrote:Can youRgriffith7 wrote:
Can you please answer the wheelset question? The picture shows one wheelset on every site I look at the bike, but the description is something else.
They're DT Swiss RC X.0 wheels
- vac stage three1 year 18 weeks agoWell my team has lost the
Well my team has lost the plot, I think I was too hasty as other teams have Wiggo, Valverde, Rodriguez and I couldn't find the credits so now I have this
- Bib Shorts or normal shorts???1 year 18 weeks agobib shorts are normal shorts.
bib shorts are normal shorts. At least where cycling is concerned.
Waist-high shorts dig in just where you don't need it, and are totally unsuited to riding in comfort. Honestly, your waist is constantly twisting and flexing as you ride - do you really want an elastic band around it?
(I have a few pairs of each, but prefer bibs).