- £1800 for a bike and what to buy????1 year 16 weeks agoStarley bikes will give you
Starley bikes will give you 105, a free bike fit and custom paint job for that money. They're really nice looking bikes and have good reviews
- Giro d'Italia - Stage 31 year 16 weeks agoYou know it's a low scorer
You know it's a low scorer when 42 gives you green 'up' arrows across the board!! Well all except the London Giro table....must be a branch of the Luca Paolini fan club in London somewhere!!
- £1800 for a bike and what to buy????1 year 16 weeks agoI have a Cube Agree GTC Pro
I have a Cube Agree GTC Pro and although I quite like it I wouldn't buy another one. I will be replacing it shortly.
I would strike that one off your list.
- Video: My Brevet Cymru1 year 16 weeks agoGreat ride. I did my very
Great ride. I did my very first 400 this weekend too, although I did the Porkers down in Dorset. Some interesting moments of self discovery although I would say I generally fared better than on my first 300, which was a month ago.
There were several riders on Porkers who'd also done the Brevet Cymru. That presumably entailed finishing in Chepstow at about 0600 and hightailing straight to Poole to start Porkers at 1400. Bad, bad craziness.
I am relaxing with a pot of sudocrem today.
- Giro d'Italia stage 3: Paolini wins on final descent to take pink1 year 16 weeks agoBoom! And the Giro explodes.
Boom! And the Giro explodes. Great ride by Paolini. Loved the attacks. Could be a great Giro.
- -1 year 16 weeks agoI must be getting old; I
I must be getting old; I can't read the words! I must need glasses!
- Giro d'Italia - Stage 31 year 16 weeks agoNeilG83 wrote:Does anyoneNeilG83 wrote:
Does anyone know what happened to Cataldo? I saw him struggling on TV and the results show he finished at 19.31.
Would be a big blow to Sky if he is ill or injured.
Apprently he had been up all night being sick. They hope he can continue.
- Copenhagenize Index 2013 - Amsterdam still top, French make big strides - but no UK city in top 201 year 16 weeks agoDublin in ninth place?
Dublin in ninth place?
Didn't see much evidence of a strong cycling culture when I was there recently. Lots of busy main roads in the town centre that very few typical people would consider cycling on, plus some pretty low-quality segregated tracks in the suburbs.
I can believe the city is improving but, overall, cycling facilities looked poor
- Metric Century Challenge 2012-20131 year 16 weeks agoOoops, fairly poor start, but
Ooops, fairly poor start, but hopefully things will now pick up!
02/03/13 1 Point 112KM
18/03/13 1 Point 114km
19/03/13 1 Point 161km
13/04/13 2 Points 232km
15/04/13 1 Point 122km
21/04/13 1 Point 129km
Ok, at the Giro now, things should pick up...
05/05/13 1 Point 104km
06/05/13 2 Points 207km
Total Points: 10 Total KM: 1181
- Giro d'Italia - Stage 31 year 16 weeks agoyay for dumb luck!
yay for dumb luck!
- Topeak De-Fender RC11 mudguards1 year 16 weeks agoLike Mike says, a product
Like Mike says, a product where one of the two parts doesn't do the job it is designed to do (in the testers own words "don't bother with the front ") and the other half of the product only just works so the maximum rating it should be able to achieve is 50% (and only then if the one half is perfect). And what rating does the tester of a website paid for by advertising give it? 3 out of 5 (60%) which equates to Quite Good. Sorry, this tester has lost all credibility.
- -1 year 16 weeks agoIs that the new aeroframe
Is that the new aeroframe from Cervelo? Looks impressive!
- Video: My Brevet Cymru1 year 16 weeks agoDid you not notice the
Did you not notice the stubble was turning to beard as the ride went on in the video? Another 100k and the cap would've started growing too.
Well done Dave. You have my respect.
- Video: My Brevet Cymru1 year 16 weeks agocrumbs! hope you had a few
crumbs! hope you had a few large beers afterwards. well done!
- Eurosportplayer catch up service1 year 16 weeks agoI would like to know the
I would like to know the same. I thought their player service was like iplayers (watch when you like) but as yet have not found that. Big shame
- Giro d'Italia - Stage 31 year 16 weeks agoteamlangton wrote:Oh my giddyteamlangton wrote:
Oh my giddy aunt I've just realised my team is winning!...
Yay! And the team right behind you is... Dave's!
- New Wheels Reviews Please!1 year 16 weeks agoGet a pair of hand built
Get a pair of hand built wheels. Get them made locally. If anything goes wrong, unlikely, the wheel builder will have spares etc and should be able to repair in a day or so. Plus they'll loan you one until its repaired.
Go for the Elites (my first bike came with these) they look good and might weigh a few grams less. But if anything serious goes wrong - in my experience it will - then you'll have to hoke out receipts, assuming they're still under warranty, return them back to the shop ( or on-line retailer) wait around a few weeks, maybe a month, until you're reunited with your wheels again. If they're out of warranty it's going to cost a fair bit of money and a lot of time. You'll start hearing the phrase "cheaper to get a new wheel" a lot.
Ambrosio Excellence/Excellight rims on Zenith hubs. I can highly recommend.
- Giro d'Italia - Stage 31 year 16 weeks agoOh my giddy aunt I've just
Oh my giddy aunt I've just realised my team is winning! What is going on?! Now I'm all in a flap about what transfers to make. At least I can be content now for the rest of the season when normal service resumes and I slip back to the bottom of the page. Happy days.
- Scottish transport chiefs to visit Netherlands to study Dutch roundabouts1 year 16 weeks agoI think the answer has to be
I think the answer has to be British. I don't see this as the way forward. You would have to change the whole psychology of British driving. Though, if they perhaps enshrined tougher sentencing on accidents involving cyclists, this may help do that.
- -1 year 16 weeks agoCouldnt agree more
Couldnt agree more
- Scottish transport chiefs to visit Netherlands to study Dutch roundabouts1 year 16 weeks agoI'm glad that they are going
I'm glad that they are going to the Netherlands to see the cycling infrastructure over there, it really is different seeing it in person and cycling around it than just looking at it on Googlemaps. I'm not glad that we're paying for it though.
Let's see if it makes a difference and in a few years we'll see all these lovely dutch cycle lanes around Scotland. Or will it be the same old s**t the growing cycling population have to put up with.
Also, if you do one thing to help cycling in this country, please sign this petition if you haven't already...
- Scottish transport chiefs to visit Netherlands to study Dutch roundabouts1 year 16 weeks agoWe can't really moan that
We can't really moan that there is no good quality cycling infrastructure design and then moan again when the road minister goes to check out what good quality cycling infrastructure design looks like.
We know that junctions and roundabouts are the most common areas where cyclists are hit - improving the design of these seems like a good target to me.
Sure it would be nice to see Keith Brown take the Strava KOM for the Cauberg as well while he is out there but I'd settle with safer roundabouts and junctions at the mo.
- Painful calves - updated1 year 16 weeks agoYes, trigger points are
Yes, trigger points are usually treated with a sports massage but be warned, it's very painful.
An alternative is dry needling which seems to be gaining in acceptance as an effective treatment. My own experience is that the needles don't hurt much at the time, but I get a dull ache afterwards which lasts a couple of weeks, so my personal preference is to get the pain over and done with and go for the massage.
Of course your problem may not be trigger points, but from what you say, I think there's a good chance. Hope you get it sorted.
- Specialized Toupe Pro, Brand New and Still Packaged1 year 16 weeks agoDamn my narrow width sit
Damn my narrow width sit bones although I needed two goes on the Specialized Sit-o-Meter to convince me I'm suited to 130mm saddles. Having not actually used the saddle, I'm still not convinced
- Giro d'Italia - Stage 31 year 16 weeks agoSandy Casar is out of the
Sandy Casar is out of the race broken wrist it seems