• nearly first time roadie1 year 26 weeks agoI'd go for the dearest within

    I'd go for the dearest within your budget - or look at second hand - have you checked ebay?

  • USADA Armstrong evidence - reaction from the cycling world and beyond1 year 26 weeks agoI don't pretend to know Yates

    I don't pretend to know Yates well but our paths crossed a few times when he was racing and he is a genuinely nice bloke.
    He says he knew nothing. what was he doing then, even the coach driver was in on it. Regardless of weather people like him also indulged in PED's the shame is that nice people like him looked the other way at the very least.
    As someone famously said long ago, "for evil to triumph over good, all that's necessary is for good men to do nothing"

  • Ever wondered......(Doping)1 year 26 weeks agoL arriviste wrote: Thank you

    L arriviste wrote:

    Thank you to all on this thread for your comments on Dopeology. It took a lot of work to publish the website and at times the task threatened to swamp me. I felt much the same over the last 24 hours. Wink

    Hi and welcome, Came across your site totally by accident, but have been on it alot researching different riders from a while back, I bet you've been busy and will be busier still when UCI are finished with it. All the other riders mentioned Wink

  • If you're up to nowt this weekend......1 year 26 weeks agoI'd love to, but I need a bit

    I'd love to, but I need a bit more time to get my fitness back first!

    (damn injury)

    Looks great though, have fun.

  • Ever wondered......(Doping)1 year 26 weeks ago@bashthebox - They should

    @bashthebox - They should speak up more. They are the leaders of the peloton now, so it is their responsibility to do what Armstrong failed to do (we know why that was)and that is to condemn drug taking in their sport. I get the feeling they don't want to brig themselves into the spotlight on thesubject for fear of having to answer some uneasy questions like why did they never stick to their stated policy of only hiring staff without any previous link to doping (I believe they've hired at least 3), and why Wiggins said that Vino's time trial winning margin was a clear indicator of drug use, yet his own recent time trial winning margins were not. Kimmage has aired some doubts about Team Sky for various reasons - hasn't he been the most outspoken (and shouted-down) critic of Armsrong over the last decade. Food for thuoght - that's all.

  • Less a smoking gun, more a nuclear bomb: USADA publishes Lance Armstrong evidence in full1 year 26 weeks agoAnother point which has I'm

    Another point which has I'm sure already been made, but beware any team that is particularly dominant, crushing all before them. Merckx in the 60's and 70's for example - just reading Daniel Friebe's excellent biography - Merckx got caught 3 times in his career. Just hope I don't read a similar exposé of Sky in a few years time....

  • Raleigh Sp Carbon Comp 2011 58cm1 year 26 weeks agoHI can sell the bike with the

    HI
    can sell the bike with the original components (fsa crank and 105 rear mech) for 690ono
    BARGIN
    PM if interested

  • Less a smoking gun, more a nuclear bomb: USADA publishes Lance Armstrong evidence in full1 year 26 weeks agoWhat this sorry episode

    What this sorry episode really makes clear is that the doping in USPS (and probably most other teams) was organised and systematic involving riders, doctors and managers.

    So perhaps a new approach is required - don't punish the riders if they are caught, but give the manager / DS a 2 or 3 year ban and similar for the doctors. That way they have an incentive to actively stop the doping rather manage and facilitate it knowing if someone is caught, they get off scot free. And it would effectively close whole teams down. Might concentrate few minds...

    Also, if doc gets found caught twice in this way, take away his medical licence so he can no longer practice as a doctor anywhere in the world - the prospect of flipping burgers for the rest of his life won't be entirely appealing I'm sure. Or alternatively, the doctors are employed and paid by the cycling federation of the country where the teams are based I.e. not the teams themselves.

    So come on UCI stop sueing small fry through the courts and show some leadership, or are you just as bad as FIFA (oops think I answered my own question there Wink

  • Less a smoking gun, more a nuclear bomb: USADA publishes Lance Armstrong evidence in full1 year 26 weeks agoi have claimed the 1999

    i have claimed the 1999 victory the second he got banned. i wasnt doping just drinking lots of vodka so im a clean champion

  • Ever wondered......(Doping)1 year 26 weeks agoTheHatter wrote:The incidents

    TheHatter wrote:
    The incidents by nationality graph is revealing (though not suprising) with Italy and Spain way ahead. Can't help but think that the 'forgiving' fanbases in these countries are to blame. Wiggo knows he would be lynched if he ever tested positive and while I'm sure he's never intended to dope this knowledge must make the decision easier.

    Thank you to all on this thread for your comments on Dopeology. It took a lot of work to publish the website and at times the task threatened to swamp me. I felt much the same over the last 24 hours. Wink

    It is always important to remember that Italy and Spain are strongly represented thanks to several successful busts in operations conducted by public authorities, without which we would doubtless know much less about large scale doping today.

    Equally, thanks to their sporting traditions and those loyal fanbases you describe, these nations continue to contribute a considerable proportion of the riders in the European professional peloton.

  • Pictures of your Bike1 year 26 weeks agoHullo folks; and what

    Hullo folks; and what charming steeds you all have. This my Genesis Altitude 30 in lovely 853 and full XT. I'll try and get a pic of my upgraded 2009 Trek 1.5 in lime green for your delectation soon.

  • Rise of video cyclist's1 year 26 weeks agoThat was very funny. To be

    Laughing Laughing That was very funny. To be fair, he handed out some good advice to school kids, and perhaps saved a life to someone (a school kid I think) about to cross on a corner just as a car was coming through the lights. Love the part where he spots someone's coat sticking out of car door. He reminds me of when Superman flies at speed around the world to put right all the wrongs......except I can't remember hearing the 'C' word in the Superman films

  • The Secret Race - Tyler Hamilton & Daniel Coyle1 year 26 weeks agojulian1960 wrote:How do you "

    julian1960 wrote:
    How do you " know " its honest?

    USADA seem to think it's honest although I take your point I'm sure there are some who won't

  • Beijing points1 year 26 weeks agothe mountain results were on

    the mountain results were on the live tracker, I believe Dan Martin should have more than just 50 points, he should have 55

    35 for 2nd place
    8 for 3rd on GC
    5 for mountain leader
    3 for points comp
    4 for 2nd over first climb of the day

  • Dave Brailsford reveals shock at scale of USADA revelations and disappointment in Michael Barry1 year 26 weeks agosteff wrote:Stumpy, I'm sure

    steff wrote:
    Stumpy, I'm sure he was very interested in Wiggo's performance figures, which would be perfectly reasonable. What I'm interested to know is how he was able to say "I was doing this many watts, but Wiggo was doing that many" (he gave precise figures for both - don't have the PDF handy here). Which suggests either that Wiggins/Sky/someone else told him, which would be odd as TTists generally don't like to share that data, or that they were training together which makes me feel a bit ill, frankly, because as I say I very much want Wiggo to (have) be(en) clean.

    So.....the fact that Sky weren't even a team in 2009.....

    Wiggo was a rider with Garmin. His team manager being Jonathan Vaughters.....

    Wiggo also said this post Giro 2009

    Quote:
    "After that I thought ‘maybe I can do something at the Tour"

    "In a ten-mile time trial I averaged 482 watts for 18 minutes, and if I did a 30-minute test on a climb I'd be averaging 475 watts"

    So going on his Giro data that he gave away himself, its not hard to work it out.

  • Removed from sale1 year 26 weeks agoDecided not to sell this

    Decided not to sell this item.

  • Removed from sale1 year 26 weeks agoand the chorus is "believe it

    Devil Devil and the chorus is "believe it if you like" Devil Devil

  • Beijing points1 year 26 weeks agoupdating, innit. can't wait

    updating, innit. can't wait for ever Plain Face

  • Removed from sale1 year 26 weeks agoSorry, missed that, my bad.

    Sorry, missed that, my bad. Sad

  • Tour of Beijing Stage 31 year 26 weeks agoI'm through most of it now.

    I'm through most of it now. All the pdf's have my computer going mad, lol

    There will always be doubters and reading through it all, there is still room for the doubters. A bit like area 51, 9/11....etc

    Its mainly a case of he said, she said, he saw, she saw and since Lance didn't dispute it, we've just got to go with what we've been given. So as much as I liked Lance (more for his charity work than cycling) I have to say, its pretty clear that he was doping. To what level and how much will never be known, but he was using substances.

  • USADA Armstrong evidence - reaction from the cycling world and beyond1 year 26 weeks agofiftyacorn wrote:Sean Yates

    fiftyacorn wrote:
    Sean Yates comments are a disgrace, does he seriously expect us to believe in his role that he never seen anything? Since team sky got rid of Geert Leinders this week for his involvement with rabobank, we can only assume Yates' days are numbered

    Yeah why wait for any evidence, off with his head! No that's too soft hang him and then chop off his head… and that Dowsett kid… going around having opinions of his own.

    D'you think maybe Brailsford etc didn't know that Yates rode and worked for USPS and Discovery? I thought Mr B was big on research and detail.

    None of this is going to be a surprise to anyone who's spent any time around professional cycling teams for the last 20 years, so I'm pretty sure Sky knew what they were getting with Yates and what they wanted from him.

    Although all that said as for Yates's comments that he never knew… yeah pull the other one.

  • Less a smoking gun, more a nuclear bomb: USADA publishes Lance Armstrong evidence in full1 year 26 weeks agomichopull: It's not

    michopull: It's not incompetence. It's just fundamentally difficult to detect certain doping practices.

  • 3,623 miles and it finally happened....1 year 26 weeks agotubeless- no way!

    tubeless- no way! pointless

    mr will, the tyres arent worn weirdly, the road i got it on has masses of roadworks currently so no doubt related.

    was a really slow puncture, managed to ride 7 miles home on it

  • Removed from sale1 year 26 weeks agoNo, Lob wasn't first. I was,

    No, Lob wasn't first. I was, thats why I said I was past over, you came in 3rd Wink

  • USADA Armstrong evidence - reaction from the cycling world and beyond1 year 26 weeks agoSean Yates comments are a

    Sean Yates comments are a disgrace, does he seriously expect us to believe in his role that he never seen anything? Since team sky got rid of Geert Leinders this week for his involvement with rabobank, we can only assume Yates' days are numbered