- Chris Hoy and his special track bike1 year 30 weeks agotimmmers wrote:You can buytimmmers wrote:
You can buy the bikes here, or the parts. It's a requirement that Team GB bikes are commercially available. http://www.uksport.gov.uk/pages/cycling/
The other teams could buy them if they thought there was some advantage to them too. The advantage is the rider, and we have lots and lots of those right now
I doubt these bikes are available. If they were, the price would be outrageous and the waiting time many years long.
GB bending the rules all with the assistance of UCI.
- John Humphrys asks: who's to blame for cycle safety?1 year 30 weeks agoSpeed Kills? I've been
Speed Kills? I've been pondering this. Oh, and helmets:
- Chris Froome to lead Team Sky in Vuelta as strong climbing team named1 year 30 weeks agoAGH! Just realised I'm on
AGH! Just realised I'm on holiday for the first week!
Wonder if it'll be on in Sicily?!
- Chris Froome to lead Team Sky in Vuelta as strong climbing team named1 year 30 weeks agoNo surprise there! but is it
No surprise there! but is it a race too far for team sky? As only the hills will tell us the answer to that one am looking forward to this years vuelta it promises to be a cracking race.
Did wonder if Sky would make winning all 3 grand tours in one season their next major objective for 2013 on
- Chris Froome to lead Team Sky in Vuelta as strong climbing team named1 year 30 weeks agoMaybe leaves Wiggo and Cav
Maybe leaves Wiggo and Cav free to start the tour of Britain on the 9th Sept?
Nice one ITV4!
- Mark Cavendish1 year 30 weeks agoAnd look at how succesful
And look at how succesful those footballers were!!
- Updated: Driver in Simon Richardson case found guilty of dangerous driving1 year 30 weeks agospot on guidob, spot on.
spot on guidob, spot on.
- Chris Froome to lead Team Sky in Vuelta as strong climbing team named1 year 30 weeks agohttp://www.itvmedia.co.uk/ins
"ITV4 to broadcast highlights of La Vuelta a Espana 2012"
Also good to see them react to the changing popularity etc, it wasn't long ago that they tweeted the exact opposite.
- Chris Froome to lead Team Sky in Vuelta as strong climbing team named1 year 30 weeks ago"Initially I’ll be riding for
"Initially I’ll be riding for the GC, but if one of my team-mates shows that they’re in a better place to win the race then I’ll happily work for them"
Maybe I'm being sensitive, but this sounds just slightly bitchy...
- Olympic BMX: GB's Shanaze Reade and Liam Phillips get their campaigns safely under way today1 year 30 weeks agoquite a lot of them use
quite a lot of them use clipless pedals with a platform like the shimano DX spds. The platform helps guide your foot into the clip and gives a bit more support & grip if you can't get clipped in. Got some on my MTB and they're ace.
- Wendy Houvenaghel says decision to leave her out of team pursuit squad was 'vindictive'1 year 30 weeks agoPerhaps we should send
Perhaps we should send Micheal Winner round her house to say calm down dear it's only a race
- Updated: Driver in Simon Richardson case found guilty of dangerous driving1 year 30 weeks agoSo he also broke the law by
So he also broke the law by not reporting that he had hit a sheep to the police within 24hrs let alone being pissed out of his head and not able to see. Ooooh I feel some quality british justice about to be delivered.
- Bike Food Pure Energy Gel (25 pack)1 year 30 weeks agoThanks for the feedback,
Thanks for the feedback, folks. I have amended the original review to clarify the suitability of these gels for vegans and vegetarians.
- John Humphrys asks: who's to blame for cycle safety?1 year 30 weeks agoAs I have said in the past
As I have said in the past and yet again if we all keep arguing amongst ourselves gutter journos are going to pick the ball up and run with it (in the wrong direction) please people stop! you opions are your own and you are entitled to them, but continually stating your views on various websites may not be the way forward. (I'm not claiming to know what the answer is) but I do wonder how much media attention Mr. Humphrys' comments would receive if we didn't go up in flames everytime.
- Mark Cavendish1 year 30 weeks agoIt wouldn't bother me if he
It wouldn't bother me if he bought a pink elephant which could dance the lambada and make a mean G&T. He's paid to do a job and generally does it brilliantly. As notfastenough says, if you compare him with a footballer in terms of ratio of salary to effort put in, he would be a relative bargain
- Help us get Bath on track!1 year 30 weeks agoDone, its got to be good for
Done, its got to be good for the whole Bath / Bristol cycling community
- Updated: Driver in Simon Richardson case found guilty of dangerous driving1 year 30 weeks agoWe'll see. I do not doubt
We'll see. I do not doubt that he will be found guilty. I am just curious as to see what he is found guilty of and the sentence that is handed down.
When I grew up I was taught that a "Hit and run" accident was a criminal offence irrespective out the actual degree of the accident. But so often now this elemnet seems to be almost totally ignored.
- Updated: Driver in Simon Richardson case found guilty of dangerous driving1 year 30 weeks agoThis certainly makes for
This certainly makes for interesting reading,
In this case, even if the driver doesn't believe they were driving dangerously, being over the limit or having bad eye sight still constitutes dangerous driving, so its difficult to see how or why it is possible for the driver to plead not guilty when both have been proven. Can any lawyers amongst the readership illuminate why he might have been advised to do this? Also the penalty says 1 to 14 years, is this advisor or if convicted will the minimum sentence be a custodial one?
- John Humphrys asks: who's to blame for cycle safety?1 year 30 weeks agoExcept that a bike helmet,
Except that a bike helmet, unlike a motorcycle one, offers support only up to about 12mph. I wear one all the time, but I don't think it will offer me any safety, unless I fall off, on my own, at low speed.
I completely support the right of people to make their own choices. And the obligation on drivers of motor vehicles not to hit us.
There is evidence that some drivers go closer to people on bikes wearing helmets.
There is no evidence that people with helmets are in fact safer. There is evidence that where helmets are compulsory, cycling becomes less safe.
Don't let "common sense" trump evidence. And don't let drivers think that they aren't responsible when they hit us.
- Chris Froome to lead Team Sky in Vuelta as strong climbing team named1 year 30 weeks agoHope ITV4 do cover it and
Hope ITV4 do cover it and with Froome in there I'm sure they will be pushing to provide highlights after the success of the TdF and Olympics. It really could be a great race. Not sure if the Saxobank team are up to supporting Contador, they were pretty anonymous in Le Tour from memory. Having said that the Team Sky line up doesn't have the sort of dedicated Core they had for Brad at TdF. But then again they really seem to have gelled as a unit now and from what I have seen certainly at stage races Team Sky seem to be in the premier division of teams.
Can't wait for it.
- Wendy Houvenaghel says decision to leave her out of team pursuit squad was 'vindictive'1 year 30 weeks agoThere is no I in Team GB.
There is no I in Team GB.
As every member of the team always says its down to every member of the team which delivers results doctors trainers and family to name a few.
This outburst is a reflection of her character and although it sucks to be excluded maybe its this kind of attitude they didn't want.
We now have some youngsters to inspire a generation, one of the moto's of the olympics.
- Chris Hoy and his special track bike1 year 30 weeks ago& likewise your post should
& likewise your post should read "should have...". Bad English my man!
- Updated: Driver in Simon Richardson case found guilty of dangerous driving1 year 30 weeks agoI'm sorry but if he has a
I'm sorry but if he has a blood alcohol level of twice the legal limit and can only partially read a number plate 2 metres away when the law says he should be able to read one 20 metres away then surely any attempt he makes to drive is by definition dangerous regardless of whether he hits someone or not and he should be found guilty.
- Chris Hoy and his special track bike1 year 30 weeks agoI don't see why they would
I don't see why they would badge the wheels as Mavic if they aren't. Surely a French company would tell the French Federation if the GB hadn't been bought from them? Though of course they may buy Mavic product, develop their own and badge them as the Mavic items. But why they don't badge up the frames. I saw a to camera piece with Chris B discussing the Secret Squirrels. He stated that after the UCI banned a lot of their kit post Beijing that Team GB have involved UCI in recent developments to make sure that they are only butting up against the rules, not going over. Why would you get 80% of your kit homologated and then use a "dodgy" product which, if you were caught would lead to stripping of results won with them?
Though to a degree this would have parallels to doping (mind set wise) but not something I could see Team GB risking.
I do wonder if they do demand to go to the Mavic facility and measure up the wheels that they do purchase to make sure that they buy the best manufactured units from any batch?
- Chris Froome to lead Team Sky in Vuelta as strong climbing team named1 year 30 weeks agoThey've announced today they
They've announced today they will do evening highlights like last year.
Hopefully they will have better coverage. It was woeful last year...