- Mad Fiber wheels get new UK distributor1 year 15 weeks agonot that it matters a great
not that it matters a great deal to my self but are these wheels UCI legal?
- 'Wiggo's career in crisis' - and other reaction to this week's big knee news1 year 15 weeks ago"Concern and advice as
"Concern and advice as superstar forced to drop out of Tour de France" Just to set the record straight I was never confirmed as riding anyway.
Wiggins just needs to reset his targets, nothing more, other than hitting the next one to get the press singing about him being back on form and the Modfather is back etc.
Worlds TT seems a neat idea to get something from this year and then be more confident for next. He will be Sky's figure head for a few more years yet, then a DS I reckon. lets be honest, the Giro was a total disaster, forget it and move on
- Digital EPO: smash your Strava times… by cheating1 year 15 weeks agoReally only use strava as a
Really only use strava as a training aid. To be honest at 50 my days of serious competition are long gone. However do know lots of riders who take it seriously feel this mocks them and it's not funny.
- 2013 Criterium du Dauphine Stage 31 year 15 weeks agoJAndrewHill wrote:Dont tellJAndrewHill wrote:
Dont tell me that...about Marrtin...
Ive focuussed too Much On Time Triallers And Have No Xfers Left For Climbers. Oops
Worst case scenario Martin comes in 4th or so... And I would bet you have Froome in there and maybe Kwiatkowsky, Porte or Contador there don't you?...
- Criterium du Dauphine Stage 41 year 15 weeks agoHow much time do you think
How much time do you think Froome might make on Porte today? Seconds?
- Lumigrids LED projector maps out rough roads1 year 15 weeks agoLooks fun. I find that two
Looks fun. I find that two lights up front gives much more information about the condition of the road surface, depth of potholes etc. I've never used a helmet mounted light but suspect that this would add even more perspective.
- Criterium du Dauphine Stage 41 year 15 weeks agojohnny2names wrote:not surejohnny2names wrote:
not sure why youve gone valverde over froome at same cost, quite likely froome will be in yellow after today and valverde may not be in top 10! but you might have been transfer constrained...
I already had Valverde, and didn't want to take him out for a penalty transfer, with tomorrow in mind. Yes I may lose out, but Valverde has been TTing better this year
- Criterium du Dauphine Stage 41 year 15 weeks agoTERatcliffe26 wrote:... ImTERatcliffe26 wrote:
... Im off out to play golf, then ...play football
Cool... What a great day!
- Criterium du Dauphine Stage 41 year 15 weeks agowas just picking my team and
was just picking my team and then boom the window slammed shut, did have 5 transfers in the bag, now I've only got two for Thursday! Any ideas?
- Digital EPO: smash your Strava times… by cheating1 year 15 weeks agoAccording to Strava, I'm
According to Strava, I'm faster than Road.cc staffer John Whittington up a local 4 in 1. This is the same bloke who usually laps me twice at local cyclocross races.
While the accuracy of it remains so duff, I think the ire of the people having their KOMs taken away from them remains misplaced.
- Criterium du Dauphine Stage 41 year 15 weeks agonot sure why youve gone
not sure why youve gone valverde over froome at same cost, quite likely froome will be in yellow after today and valverde may not be in top 10! but you might have been transfer constrained... as I have been all the way so far, having started off on the wrong foot...
Anyway, 5 in for a 30 point penalty cost, as follows:
Christopher Froome (SKY)
Michal Kwiatkowski (OPQ)
Richie Porte (SKY)
Tony Martin (OPQ)
Rohan Dennis (GRM)
Thomas Damuseau (ARG)
Natnael Barhane (EUC)
Reinardt Janse Van Rensburg (ARG)
David Veilleux (EUC)
- Pedal feedback being 'Looked' for.1 year 15 weeks agoMy son moved to these last
My son moved to these last year on his road and track bikes and finds them easier to clip in to than the standard shimano road cleat. They've survived well so far, including a couple of crashes.
They are also used on the hire bikes are the Sir Chris Hoy velodrome, so they must be able to take some abuse.
I would recommend picking up a pair of cleat covers on eBay for a few quid as the standard cleats don't have a grip surface, but other than that they seem to be fantastic value for money.
- Mauro Santambrogio provisionally suspended after positive EPO test at Giro1 year 15 weeks agoThe shocking thing is he must
The shocking thing is he must have thought he could get away with it. Which probably means there is a way. Which probably means...
- Specialized helmet amnesty1 year 15 weeks agoI picked up an S3 yesterday,
I picked up an S3 yesterday, trading in a twenty year-old Bell. The ability to support my LBS (Rock and Road) swung the deal, but I'd find it hard to spend more on a chunk of plastic-coated EPS, no matter how much R&D was performed.
- 'Wiggo's career in crisis' - and other reaction to this week's big knee news1 year 15 weeks agoNot KOM wrote:bikeboy76Not KOM wrote:bikeboy76 wrote:
Is this the ender Wiggins?
Someone's a sci-fi fan, clearly
For a while there I thought nobody was going to get that or at least mention it!!
- FS Cervelo S3 58cm w/ Ultegra, Rotor, 50mm clinchers1 year 15 weeks agomight be interested in
might be interested in groupset if you split
- Digital EPO: smash your Strava times… by cheating1 year 15 weeks agoIt is a shame but Strava has
It is a shame but Strava has never been a true reflection of performance. Group rides or TT bikes as well as inaccurate data recording have always meant you take these things with a pinch of salt.
All around the country there are club TTs where you can just turn up and find out how you stack up, there are plenty of guys and girls on road bikes. Added bonus is you get to talk to real people.
- Digital EPO: smash your Strava times… by cheating1 year 15 weeks agoProbably made by a rather
Probably made by a rather large chappie with an aversion to sunlight and exercise. No thanks.
- 2013 Criterium du Dauphine Stage 31 year 15 weeks agoI wouldn't be surprised at an
I wouldn't be surprised at an OPQS 1-2-3 in a flat time trial like that with Martin,Kwiatkowski and Chavanel.
- Suspended sentence for driver who used camper van "as a weapon" to ram cyclist in road rage attack1 year 15 weeks agoSigh, maybe it will take a
Sigh, maybe it will take a judge getting run over (assuming any cycle) to cause a change.
It's bad enough when there's little in the way of repercussions for a driver in a SMIDSY accident but someone actually using their vehicle as a weapon (and the judge agreeing with that fact) not doing jail time is just ridiculous.
- New to cycling1 year 15 weeks agoGood advice here - and
Good advice here - and remember to enjoy it! In terms of distance, add about 10% each time you go out and you'll soon stack up the miles without overstretching yourself. Once you've got some basic fitness start adding some mini-sprints for short bursts of power.
- Pedal feedback being 'Looked' for.1 year 15 weeks agoI use these. They're cracking
I use these. They're cracking pedals, and definitely do the job well. The only issue I have is the release mechanism seems to loosen itself, though not having had any others can't really compare to others
- Creaky cranks1 year 15 weeks agoI have always found the
I have always found the problem to be dirt getting down between the seatpost and seat tube. Grit gets throw up onto the junction by the rear tyre and works its way down between the two surfaces. The result is a creaking noise.
You can usually tell if this is the case by pedalling out of the saddle and seeing if it still makes a noise.
The bike frame is very good at transferring and even amplifying noises too, which is why it often sounds as if the sound is coming from the cranks.
Just clean out the tube and reinstall with insulating tape over the junction between post and tube.
- HOY Bikes initial range + launch tour announced1 year 15 weeks agoIt sort of sums up the road
It sort of sums up the road bike and hybrid market though. There isn't much that is exciting. It pretty much comes down to whether you like the paint job or not. There is so little to distinguish bikes from different manufacturers when all the components are the same and they are all made in the same place of the same materials. I think we all get a bit blasé about it.
- Lumigrids LED projector maps out rough roads1 year 15 weeks agofarrell wrote:merckxissimofarrell wrote:merckxissimo wrote:shay cycles wrote:
Can't Really Avoid Potholes
Swerve hurriedly in time!
Cant understand not turning?
Being Overly Lighted Leads Obviously Cautious Keepers