- TDS Stage 71 year 15 weeks agoWith 120km to go, the gap is
With 120km to go, the gap is 4:09 for Jose Joaquin Rojas (MOV), Eduard Vorganov (KAT), Andreas Klöden (RLT), Niki Terpstra (OPQ),
Manuele Mori (LAM), Damiano Caruso (CAN), Luis Leon Sanchez (BLA), Michael Morkov (TST), Daryl Impey (OGE), Adria Saez (EUS) , Tomasz Marczynski (VCD), Johannes Fröhlinger (ARG), Georg Preidler (ARG) and Jean-Marc Marino (SOJ).
- Tech Roundup: Cervelo TdF S5, 1989 ADR team kit, Campag internal battery and more1 year 15 weeks agoThat Cervélo is simply
That Cervélo is simply stunning
- Accidental death verdict in case of cyclist who turned into path of vehicle overtaking him1 year 15 weeks agotony_farrelly wrote:bike_foodtony_farrelly wrote:bike_food wrote:
Another classic bit of roadcc reporting. An article full of hand picked quotes and bias designed to make cyclists feel like victims and anger us for the rest of the day.
I stopped reading papers years ago to avoid having to read this style of article. Just the facts would be good, expect a mild slant toward cyclists but nothing more.
Can you point me to the slanted bits?
In fairness the article is pretty much a C&P from the linked article.
However I'll point out what I mean, emphasis on the word likely, twice. I think the PC's entire quote should be reported, we literally have one word and no context.
When we do get a quote from the PC "I think a significant majority of motorists would have done as Mr Coggon did,"
again there appears to be more to the quote indicated by the comma. Leaving the quote open like this appears to indicate the PC has stated that most motorists would also have knocked the cyclist off his bike when what he could have been trying to state was most motorists would've overtaken given the road and conditions or most motorists would've moved over as far as they could when the cyclist moved over, we just don't know from the limited info we've been given.
- Cycling and the law: what is your experience? asks Jenny Jones1 year 15 weeks agoIn some circumstances in
In some circumstances in town, especially places like London, it makes sense to cross before the red light becomes green, to get clear of other traffic. It might be different if all junctions had cycle lanes and cycle zones at the head of the queue of traffic, and all motorists respected such lanes and zones, and lights were placed so as to be easily visible to cyclists.
- Cyclist knocked into river by mobility scooter calls for urgent safety improvements1 year 15 weeks agoShe was coming towards him,
She was coming towards him, added that detail now.
It's possible that his reference to her not hearing him relates to his crashing and falling in the river.
- Tour de France roster1 year 15 weeks agoContador is lower than Evans
Contador is lower than Evans and neither is at 40
Kreuziger is GREAT value in the low 20's
- Tour de France roster1 year 15 weeks agoFroome probably 40, Cav and
Froome probably 40, Cav and Sagan lower because over the varying types of terrain they score less.
They're still a must have for flat stages but on average they're lower scoring than the likes of Contador and Rodriguez.
I'd guess at 40 - Froome, Contador and Rodriguez plus (possibly) Evans if he's had a big enough bump from the Giro although he may be at about 37.
At 30-35 - Kreuziger, Van Garderen and other 2nd tier GC contenders plus the sprinters with possibly Cav and Sagan topping out at 37ish.
- Accidental death verdict in case of cyclist who turned into path of vehicle overtaking him1 year 15 weeks agoMercuryOne wrote:WithoutMercuryOne wrote:
Without wanting to sound like Columbo... Oh go on then.. "There's just one thing that's bothering me Mr Coggon.."
Sunset on September 10th last year was 19.26 - a full four minutes before Andrew Watson was apparently hit. Even with head phones Watson should have noticed a full set of Range Rover lights lighting the road around him. If they were on...
There is a growing tendency for motorists to run side lights or no lights at all at dusk these days. It's caused by one of three things;
- auto lights not coming on in low light properly
- and the old favourite - plain cussedness.
No way to prove it now but interesting all the same.
I'll get my mac.
It's amazing what people don't notice though. When I come up behind people in the dark parts of the park with a pretty decent front light on I still frequently have to say "excuse me" as they've not noticed they now have a massive shadow in front of them and the area in front of them is all lit up.
- TDS Stage 71 year 15 weeks agoMy purist team is also
My purist team is also outperforming by standard but I think that today may see that turn around. I had four transfers to use and brought in Pinot, Kreuzinger, Mollema & Tschopp (IAM - reckon he may go for the stage today, so similar thinking to having Wyss). Went for Tschopp over Kangert, so if Kangert wins ...
- Tour de France roster1 year 15 weeks agoYou predict WRONG
You predict WRONG
- Police escort cyclist off M1 motorway1 year 15 weeks agoDaft bint. Just plain stupid,
Daft bint. Just plain stupid, I don't even like driving on the motorway let alone riding my bike!
All it takes is an HGV driver having a tug in his cab and you're brown bread.
- Cyclist knocked into river by mobility scooter calls for urgent safety improvements1 year 15 weeks agoWere they travelling towards
Were they travelling towards each other, or did Mr Mudie approach from behind.
Seems very odd that he says she couldn't hear him?
If she's crashed straight into him and not stopped that is one thing, but if he's come from behind and sent himself into the river that's different.
We've all had angry mongrels drive at us in their mobility scooters I'm sure, but this is a bit of a weird one. I think I would have stopped in either case and passed slowly if there wasn't a lot of room next to a river.
- Tour de France roster1 year 15 weeks agoI think we can predict
I think we can predict Froome,Cav and Sagan as 40 credits....i think it would be pretty unrealistic if anyone else is that high?
- Tour de France roster1 year 15 weeks agoGkam84 wrote:Just because itsGkam84 wrote:
Just because its you and we all LOVE you.
I will release 3 riders value's EARLY....
First we have
Andy Schleck (DS): 7.7
Who else should I release? Sensible suggestions, because we all know the big guys will be high
Even if he wins today?
- TDS Stage 71 year 15 weeks agoI bought in Scarponi(stage
I bought in Scarponi(stage win today?),Wyss(breakaway perhaps after the blow of IAM losing Haussler yesterday),and Mollema(stage and GC) for Sagan,Boonen and Double-H.
Incidentally if anyone wants someone removed from a race just let me know.....I'm the kiss of death at the moment(Haussler,Visconti,Hesjedal!!).
comfortably outperforming my Standards
- Bruyneel: "I am not the devil incarnate"1 year 15 weeks agoI haven't read the artical,
I haven't read the artical, just want to say I don't care what he says and push my post count up one.
- Top scientists on cycle helmets: "The debate will go on (and on and on...)"1 year 15 weeks agoColT wrote: I'll wait untilColT wrote:
I'll wait until the evidence is incontrovertible.
the point of the BMJ paper is that this evidence will probably never come, so dont hold your breath.
- Tech Roundup: Cervelo TdF S5, 1989 ADR team kit, Campag internal battery and more1 year 15 weeks agoCycle_Jim wrote:Note on theCycle_Jim wrote:
Note on the Ergon website - looks like you might only be able to purchase in the US
Rose Bikes (in Germany but ship to UK) stock Ergon AFAIK
- TDS Stage 71 year 15 weeks agobought in Mollema,
bought in Mollema, Krue-zinger, Pinot and Wyss to add to Kangert and Frank.
- Anti gay marriage protestors to target Tour de France1 year 15 weeks ago+1
"All these groups of men
"All these groups of men in skintight dayglo clothes, talking about 'stiffness'..."
'the ride is stiff, yet comfortable'
Shame people have to hi-jack it for there own narrow-mindedness
- New Stage Scoring Table Feedback and Wish List1 year 15 weeks agoI can think of a different
I can think of a different word starting in I and ending in C!!
- Tech Roundup: Cervelo TdF S5, 1989 ADR team kit, Campag internal battery and more1 year 15 weeks agoNote on the Ergon website -
Note on the Ergon website - looks like you might only be able to purchase in the US
- Police escort cyclist off M1 motorway1 year 15 weeks agoSeems to be a divergence of
Seems to be a divergence of opinion re. Australia so here goes:
"You can cycle on freeways in parts of Australia. The State of Victoria allows cycling on rural freeways because they "usually provide the most practical route for cyclists" and they "carry relatively low volumes of traffic on entry and exit ramps that cyclists need to cross." Cycling is not permitted on urban freeways because "there are other routes that cyclists can take." On the rural freeways cyclists are expected to ride in single file and as near as practical to the side of the hard shoulder."
- Loctite Threadlock and Speedplay Cleats1 year 15 weeks agolbuch I think its more the
lbuch I think its more the question of the screws falling out as you are not supposed to tighten them too much.
I've had a screw fallout and the guy that did my bikefit mentioned its very common.
- Accidental death verdict in case of cyclist who turned into path of vehicle overtaking him1 year 15 weeks agoAhem,
I refer you to rule 167
I refer you to rule 167 of the highway code;
DO NOT overtake where you might come into conflict with other road users. For example
approaching or at a road junction on either side of the road