- Londoner to challenge red light fixed penalty notice after appeal raises £2300 for legal fees1 year 13 weeks agoWell I sort of think the lack
Well I sort of think the lack of respect here for Stumps is astounding, and the way people seem to have tarred every officer by the same brush.
I'm sorry about this Stumps. But I guess it is the sort of attitude you are used to.
I'm not saying that every police officer is brilliant, and lord knows there have been things in the news about the police (the Lawrence defaming and Plebgate) which show that the police can be excessive with the use of their powers, but equally there are those who are sensible practisioners. This case will test the abilities of those officers involved, but as is clear the police are seen here as an inconvience rather than an independent arbiter of the rules of the road.
People seem to want it both ways - strict adherence to the rules, but when they are caught 'using their own discretion' they want the police to also....I think you have to wise up and realise that you can't have it both ways.
It may have been that the cyclist involved looked like he was unjustly going to break a red light, maybe he was using his road sense. Let's hope that the facts are laid out and fairness provided. We only have his side of the story. I hope that he is given a fairer shot than some people are willing to give poor plod.
- Teen cyclist fined for riding 37mph in Richmond Park1 year 13 weeks agoThat's my "new thing learned"
That's my "new thing learned" for today
- Teen cyclist fined for riding 37mph in Richmond Park1 year 13 weeks agoDavid Portland wrote:"£15David Portland wrote:
"£15 victim surcharge" -- what victim?
It's called a victim surcharge because it is used to fund victim services through the Victim and Witness General Fund. It has nothing to do with whether there was a victim of the offense, and is levied with all fines imposed by a court.
- ToB Stage 51 year 13 weeks ago1st Sprint
1st KOM CAT 1
- Teen cyclist fined for riding 37mph in Richmond Park1 year 13 weeks agothis should make the Richmond
this should make the Richmond Park time trials less fun, even as a fat old bloke I still managed 10 miles with an average speed of 20 mph - and I was pretty much last...
then again it is all done before the gates open so...
- Teen cyclist fined for riding 37mph in Richmond Park1 year 13 weeks agoHow did they clock his speed?
How did they clock his speed? Have they got speed cameras?
- Teen cyclist fined for riding 37mph in Richmond Park1 year 13 weeks ago6 month conditional
6 month conditional discharge, £85 costs & £15 victim surcharge
He'd have got a lighter sentence if he'd ran a cyclist over in a car.
- ToB Stage 51 year 13 weeks agoNot sure what the weather
Not sure what the weather report is like but I rode to Caerphilly this morning , full wet weather gear and I still got cold wet and miserable , now sat in the missus brothers house waiting to watch it on tv .....Damn cold
- Sebastiaan Bowier sets new human-powered vehicle record in Nevada1 year 13 weeks agoWow, that's cool!
Wow, that's cool!
What's even cooler is that it appears to be sponsored by the Dutch postal service; it's not like the posties bikes round our way!!
- Teen cyclist fined for riding 37mph in Richmond Park1 year 13 weeks ago"£15 victim surcharge" --
"£15 victim surcharge" -- what victim?
- Teen cyclist fined for riding 37mph in Richmond Park1 year 13 weeks agoIf I remember correctly, the
If I remember correctly, the regulations were amended when they were thinking of introducing car-parking charges in the royal parks. Until then, as you say, the by-laws couldn't be inferred to exclude bikes. But it wouldn't have made sense to charge for bike-parking.
- All City Macho Man1 year 13 weeks agoSo, it's a more expensive,
So, it's a more expensive, less versatile, Surly Cross Check with a worse paint job. Good game, good game.
- Two riders in Manchester knocked off by rope strung across path; police appeal for help1 year 13 weeks agoIs this the same police force
Is this the same police force that said they couldn't identify the Stoke City footballer on French plates and twitter id'd him in hours ? If so, it sounds like there's a few due for early retirement....
- All City Macho Man1 year 13 weeks agoI love the look of the bike,
I love the look of the bike, although I have a beard, or at least heavy stubble at the moment!
Having said that, I just built up a cross bike based on a Dolan frameset with some old wheels. I have the same brakes, chain, posher tyres, Sora 46/34 chainset and shifters.
My bike cost me around £600 and it is a fair bit lighter than the Macho Man, so I think 3/10 is generous for value.
- Teen cyclist fined for riding 37mph in Richmond Park1 year 13 weeks agoHow is anyone supposed to get
How is anyone supposed to get a 20mph average lap if they can't speed down the hills?
- Speeding1 year 13 weeks agoIt's a statutory offence and
It's a statutory offence and therefore it doesn't matter if you can't tell how fast you are going. If you're over the limit, that's it.
- Two riders in Manchester knocked off by rope strung across path; police appeal for help1 year 13 weeks agoGhedebrav wrote:GMP are tooGhedebrav wrote:
GMP are too busy with rushing round the city's Tesco stores picking up reduced price rotisserie chickens.
Edited for you.
- Two riders in Manchester knocked off by rope strung across path; police appeal for help1 year 13 weeks agoGMP are too busy with
GMP are too busy with Operation Grimaldi to be worried about such trifling incidents. After all, cyclists aren't real humans anyway.
- Video: Madison-Genesis at the Tour of Britain, part one1 year 13 weeks agoThat was great! cant wait for
That was great! cant wait for more instalments.
- Speeding1 year 13 weeks agovery simple question, a bike
very simple question, a bike does not need a speedo, and if it does have one there is no requirement that it is calibrated.
So how can you be done for speeding?
- All City Macho Man1 year 13 weeks agoAmerican Flyers! I loved
American Flyers! I loved that film. Specially the bit where they get chased by the crazy dog!
- New RH+ range hits the shops1 year 13 weeks agoSteer clear of their
Steer clear of their sunglasses; bought a pair earlier in the year and within a month, both lenses had broken at the bridge mounting point. I'd have been furious at the RRP (£120), but at £15 from TKMaxx, superglue and resignation was the order of the day.
- All City Macho Man1 year 13 weeks agoReminds me of the hairy
Reminds me of the hairy Russian dude in American Flyers. Which is ultra cool retro 80s sickness. Totes obvs.
- All City Macho Man1 year 13 weeks agoIMHO that may be out of the
IMHO that may be out of the frying pan and into the fire, name-wise.
- Two riders in Manchester knocked off by rope strung across path; police appeal for help1 year 13 weeks agoWhy is there so much criminal
Why is there so much criminal activity towards cyclists, and nothing os realy being done about it....this just takes the cake