- World Championships = Purist teams1 year 12 weeks agoReposted comment in new
Reposted comment in new thread...
- World's TTT1 year 12 weeks agoTo win the stage you needed
To win the stage you needed to be confident in your picks and pick two each from the top four and one from the fifth team. Being cautious and spreading your picks around to edge your bets was a safer choice but always going to score less the the people going all out and making the right picks.
- World's TTT1 year 12 weeks agodrheaton wrote:Only 35 jointdrheaton wrote:
Only 35 joint winners (I was expecting more).
Me too. I thought it was rather predictable for the people who did their homework. Only the 5th team was somewhat difficult to guess.
- VIDEO: Kerfuffle in the USA over topless woman cyclist1 year 12 weeks agoMy main concern is that the
My main concern is that the US is stealing our towns.
- World's TTT1 year 12 weeks agoWill we get a stage podium
Will we get a stage podium badge for this TTT stage?
- TOB Stage 81 year 12 weeks ago1 Mark Cavendish Omega
1 Mark Cavendish Omega Pharma Quick-Step 1h 47' 23''
2 Sam Bennett AN Post Chain Reaction 1h 47' 23''
3 Elia Viviani Cannondale 1h 47' 23''
4 Matteo Pelucchi IAM Cycling 1h 47' 23''
5 Chris Opie Team UK Youth 1h 47' 23''
6 Evaldas Siskevicius Sojasun 1h 47' 23''
7 Sacha Modolo Bardiani Valvole CSF Inox 1h 47' 23''
8 Alessandro Petacchi Omega Pharma Quick-Step 1h 47' 23''
9 Enrique Sanz Movistar 1h 47' 23''
10 Blaz Jarc Team NetApp Endura 1h 47' 23''
11 Marcin Bialoblocki Team UK Youth 1h 47' 23''
12 Alessandro Bazzana UnitedHealthcare 1h 47' 23''
13 Martin Elmiger IAM Cycling 1h 47' 23''
14 Michael Northey Node 4 Giordana Racing 1h 47' 23''
15 Owain Doull** Great Britain 1h 47' 23''
16 Jacob Rathe** Garmin Sharp 1h 47' 23''
17 Dean Downing Madison Genesis 1h 47' 23''
18 Ian Stannard Sky Procycling 1h 47' 23''
19 Alexandre Blain Team Raleigh 1h 47' 23''
20 Jack Bauer Garmin Sharp 1h 47' 23''
97 Alex Dowsett Movistar 1h 52' 50'' 5' 27''
1 Martin Elmiger IAM Cycling 59
2 Elia Viviani Cannondale 56
3 Mark Cavendish Omega Pharma Quick-Step 55
4 Sam Bennett AN Post Chain Reaction 55
5 Matteo Pelucchi IAM Cycling 45
1 Angel Madrazo Ruiz Movistar 72
2 Kristian House Rapha Condor JLT 47
3 Peter Williams Team IG Sigma Sport 33
4 Nairo Quintana Rojas Movistar 31
5 Sean Downey AN Post Chain Reaction 28
- Tour of Britain Stage 8: Bradley Wiggins seals overall win, Mark Cavendish takes the stage1 year 12 weeks agoThe Petacchi-Cavendish combo
The Petacchi-Cavendish combo looks set to be a force to reckon with - bring on the TdF! Quite funny to see how Petacchi needs to be careful to time his effort or he's over the line first.
What was going on in Peter Williams' mind? Quite right the commissaires relegated him in the 2nd sprint, bit embarrassing though for the local IG Sigmasport team.
A great Tour of Britain with exciting racing and showcasing some brilliant homegrown talent.
- Pat McQuaid’s plea for UCI re-election: “I can fairly easily reunify cycling”1 year 12 weeks agoAha! The 22nd amendment of
Aha! The 22nd amendment of the constitution of the United States says that a president can serve no more than 8 years. Time to bring in the marines.
- TOB Stage 81 year 12 weeks agolivestrongnick wrote: Bloodylivestrongnick wrote:
Bloody TOB site is awful for the results!
It isn't even that good
- World's TTT1 year 12 weeks agoJust a heads up. I've
Just a heads up. I've removed every rider from the rosters while I run through the ITT start lists, that means there are currently no riders available. That is intentional as I start to work on the proper startlists.
- TOB Stage 81 year 12 weeks agoBloody TOB site is awful for
Bloody TOB site is awful for the results!
- World's TTT1 year 12 weeks agoScores updating. Only 35
Scores updating. Only 35 joint winners (I was expecting more). I was one of the joint winners and my standard team (all of 6 points behind thanks to having 2 Radioshack and 1 Greenedge rider instead of the other way around) was 89th.
Given that the Worlds is a competition across three races the fact that a lot of people got similar points isn't the end of the world, you can't win this fantasy comp by doing well in the TTT (much like in a real race).
- TOB Stage 81 year 12 weeks ago1 Mark Cavendish (GBr) Omega
1 Mark Cavendish (GBr) Omega Pharma-Quick Step
2 Sam Bennett (Irl) An Post-Chainreaction
3 Elia Viviani (Ita) Cannondale Pro Cycling
4 Matteo Pelucchi (Ita) IAM Cycling
5 Chris Opie (GBr) Team UK Youth
6 Evaldas Siskevicius (Ltu) Sojasun
7 Sacha Modolo (Ita) Bardiani Valvole-CSF Inox
8 Alessandro Petacchi (Ita) Omega Pharma-Quick
9 nrique Sanz (Spa) Movistar Team
10 Blaz Jarc (Slo) Team NetApp-Endura
- TOB Stage 81 year 12 weeks agoMy team:
Sergio Pardilla Bellon
- SOLD - Road bike parts - shifters, brakes, wheel, bars1 year 12 weeks agoPhotos of shifter as
Photos of shifter as requested.
- World's TTT1 year 12 weeks agoWell my purist out scored my
Well my purist out scored my standard!
- SOLD - Road bike parts - shifters, brakes, wheel, bars1 year 12 weeks agoCould you post a picture of
Could you post a picture of the st-6700 left shifter.
- David Cameron backs cycling as he helps open bike shop in his constituency1 year 12 weeks agoThis is one we'd be better
This is one we'd be better doing over a beer stumpy but saying it wasn't labours fault it was the bankers is akin to a prison governor leaving the jail unlocked and then blaming the prisoners when they escape and commit more crime. It wasn't a secret they were greedy bstds, that's why they should have been more closely regulated, and I speak as a former HBOS employee who used to receive advice each month on how to justify selling an inappropriate solution to a client because it would earn us more bonus.
Anyway, waaaayy off topic, enjoy the racing and it looks like I'm voting lib dem
- VIDEO: Kerfuffle in the USA over topless woman cyclist1 year 12 weeks agoI always find this stuff
I always find this stuff ridiculous. Drivers were taking photos and videos of her while driving - and the police are pondering charging *her*? What about charging every one of those drivers with careless driving, or whatever the Stateside equivalent is?
- World's TTT1 year 12 weeks agoShud be a few tied for
Shud be a few tied for first.
- World's TTT1 year 12 weeks agoBig Willy's Purist will be
Big Willy's Purist will be one of the winners then
- World's TTT1 year 12 weeks agoFinal result:
1.Omega Pharma-QuickStep 1:04.16.81
4.BMC Racing Team +1:01.90
5.RadioShack Leopard +1:16.72
OPQ are world champs again.
- Lizzie Armitstead: I’m disappointed in Brian Cookson1 year 12 weeks agofarrell wrote:Quickfarrell wrote:
If Pat McQuaid gets re-elected, will the UCI not forcing the current men's teams to set up women's teams still be Brian Cookson's fault?
Yes, as it is an idea he dismissed (along with a minimum wage) in his current role as President of the UCI Road Commission. If Brian wants include Womens' Cycling promotion as a manifesto pledge, it is only right that he should answer the question "well what have you done so far?"
(Still better than Pat though.)
- World's TTT1 year 12 weeks agoGarmin have screwed me over
Garmin have screwed me over
- David Cameron backs cycling as he helps open bike shop in his constituency1 year 12 weeks agosolentine wrote:Shame mostsolentine wrote:
Shame most roads leading to Witney are lethal. LBS for Chipping Norton please
+1 for an LBS in Chippy. May try and persuade the Old Mill to stock up on essentials such as inner tubes etc given the number of club runs and audax rides that stop there