- Lawyer says motorists claiming cyclists "came from nowhere" is an unacceptable excuse1 year 38 weeks agoNHS minibus went past me
NHS minibus went past me today so close I could have picked up a prescription. On the back it said, "Please donate blood." Think he was looking for donors.
- Coming in May: external airbag for Volvo's new V40 +VIDEO1 year 38 weeks agoYeah, I could honestly see
Yeah, I could honestly see this making the inevitable impact with the pavement even more severe.
- Giant 365 sportive: a new permanent timed challenge around Rutland1 year 38 weeks agoAn excellent idea. I usually
An excellent idea. I usually wobble round rutland water on my MTB, but this would be a great excuse to take the road bike. Will definitely be trying this sometime soon.
- Hutchinson Intensive Road Tubeless tyres1 year 38 weeks agoVery interesting test. I have
Very interesting test. I have had Fusion 3s (23mm and 23mm nominal) on Shamals for nearly 3 years. One puncture. Recently have Atoms (20mm but 23mm nominal) fitted to Shimano Ultegras. The back wheels always seem to go straight up and the fronts need co2 and latex. The repair is patch and superglue! Fantastic smooth comfy ride. Cannot recommend them enough. Try them you won't go back.
- Giant 365 sportive: a new permanent timed challenge around Rutland1 year 38 weeks agoYeah, my idea would be.
Yeah, my idea would be.
Roll this out to as many places as are interested in having it.
Set up a website to list them all and sell dibber's.
Once you have a dibber, you set up an account and register a card, when you start it activates payment for the £5 or whatever, registers your ride and time on the website. That way the locale is known and a % can be given to a local cycling club.
Something like that anyways
- Milan - San Remo1 year 38 weeks agoNickobec, great post.
Nickobec, great post.
- Hutchinson Intensive Road Tubeless tyres1 year 38 weeks agoQuote:Hutchinson is one ofQuote:
Hutchinson is one of several manufacturers adopting the new technology, with tubeless-specific options including the lightweight Atom and the mid-weight Fusion.
Slightly weasel words. There are many wheel manufacturers, but Hutchinson are the only tyre manufacturer I know of. And they've had an "Intensive" for years - I guess this is a new version of it.Quote:
poured 20mg of latex solution into each tyre
I think you mean 20 ml!
When you found that the tyres were loosing 5 psi, are you sure that loss wasn't just from re-attaching the track pump and losing air into its hose? ie: Do you loose 5 psi if you pump up to 100, disconnect and reconnect the pump?
I'd like to try road tubeless, but I'm worried that after six years it still hasn't caught on. This is in contrast to MTB tubeless tyres, which have been a huge success.
- Tirreno-Adriatico 2012 side along for fun any takers?1 year 38 weeks agoarsene we are doing another
arsene we are doing another one for the volta a catalunya (thread is lower down on the forum) if your up for it
- Giant 365 sportive: a new permanent timed challenge around Rutland1 year 38 weeks agoA good point that. If this
A good point that. If this were to roll out then folks might want to have their own dibber.
I do have my own dibber (used extensively for orienteering and mountain marathons) so it would be useful to know if I could just register my dibber chip number with them and just turn up and pay the £5 ?
I also read recently that there are moves to do a similar thing on long distance walking routes, so clearly the general idea of timed solo events is starting to take hold.
- Tirreno-Adriatico 2012 side along for fun any takers?1 year 38 weeks ago@TER: Thank u for doing the
@TER: Thank u for doing the scores.
@my opponents: Thank u for participating and being so competitve.
@Steve: Congrats man, u deserve the win for picking Sagan and Nibali. I wanted them both 2 but could only afford Nibali.
- Cant make transfers1 year 38 weeks agoNot working on iPhone on
Not working on iPhone on ios5. Always used to work
- Vulpine clothing website goes live1 year 38 weeks agoegbl35000 wrote:Dreaming withegbl35000 wrote:
Dreaming with those prices
Disagree. I spent years buying lower-priced gear (not just cycling equipment) in the misguided belief that cost and value were the same thing.
Buy quality, buy once. In the long term you'll probably save money, plus you'll almost certainly own something that'll serve you better.
- CAR Finance1 year 38 weeks agoHmm, fair point, thanks.
Hmm, fair point, thanks.
- Giant 365 sportive: a new permanent timed challenge around Rutland1 year 38 weeks agoGreat idea, I wonder if other
Great idea, I wonder if other local stores can apply for a system like this??
I'd like to see it spread all over the country, maybe buying a chip for X amount that you can use on all the systems
- i just orderd one of these!1 year 38 weeks agoI will add my 'hope it goes
I will add my 'hope it goes well' to the thread.
Enjoy the build process and that first ride.
- Milan - San Remo1 year 38 weeks agoWell Nickobec I have 2 of
Well Nickobec I have 2 of those (and swapped another out this morning) plus 3 more who've top 10d in previous editions of the race. Think my key is the identification of a cracking PC star rider who dosn't cost the earth. I've got 1 more pure sprinter who will either win or be ill/crash. My last 2 stars are AR riders, one with a history and one who's on form. I think I'm all set now!
- Just in: Specialized Allez Comp1 year 38 weeks ago...but yeah, similar looking
...but yeah, similar looking bikes.
- Kovert FX-Pro1 year 38 weeks agoVery stiff and responsive
Very stiff and responsive bike. Lightweight and also looks very flash.. At £1299.99 for the frameset you really can't go wrong and £2999.99 for complete bike.
- Just in: Specialized Allez Comp1 year 38 weeks agojoules1975 wrote:It'sjoules1975 wrote:
It's interesting how much of the frame and fork appear to be crossing over from parent company Merida.
Merida isn't Specialized's parent company. Merida own a minority interest in Specialized.
- Wiggo a No No for Milan San Remo?1 year 38 weeks agoLooking at the team page for
Looking at the team page for the race (which is set out months ahead) it is Edvald Boasson Hagen, Mark Cavendish, Bernhard Eisel, Mathew Hayman, Jeremy Hunt, Christian Knees, Thomas Löfkvist, Ian Stannard racing.
- Wiggo a No No for Milan San Remo?1 year 38 weeks agoi heard it too. not confirmed
i heard it too. not confirmed yet though
- i just orderd one of these!1 year 38 weeks agoNo problem,
I will do a full
I will do a full picturial & written road test as soon as its built.
I will also tell all about how easy it was to build.
When ive put a few miles on it i will know better, its 1st (official....) run out in public will be the Greater Haywards Heath bike ride on April 1st.
- Milan - San Remo1 year 38 weeks agoOK for those to lazy to
Here is a look at the current popular DSs (ie rode Paris Nice and now riding MSR)
S. Spilak KAT 5.7 two top 5 finishes in Paris Nice + 4th on GC. He can climb but can not finish fast. He rode for Lampre for 4 years and this is his 1st MSR. Job on Saturday is to get Freire and/or Paolini over the Poggio in the 1st group.
X. Florencio KAT 2.8 also two top 5 finishes in Paris Nice unlike Spilak can sprint, has ridden MSR 8 times before, has finished 21st, 24th twice and 25th. Probably No. 3 rider for KAT, but worth considering.
F. Gavazzi AST 9.7 3 top 10 finished in PN, unlike Spilak, 3 years with Lampre 3 MSR starts, 2009 17th, 2010 70th 2011 DNF.
A. Kristoff KAT 8.2 5 top 10 finishes this year, PN form not as good as teamate Florencio, still outside chance on a team with talented MSR riders.
S. Vandenbergh OPQ 2.7 no real form this year, never ridden MSR, prefer others.
K. Lodewyck BMC 9.6 if he starts (only showing on offical list not others) I expect he will attack, like in Qatar. Do not expect him to get over the Poggio in the 1st group in his 1st MSR. If he does though, can sprint a little.
L. Bak Lot 15.7 3 MSR starts for DNF, 121, 59. See the pattern, I expect around 30th, I would recomend investing your 15.7 elsewhere.
K. Boeckmans VCD 3.1 young rider starting he 1st MSR, always a risk. Though recent form including 2nd at Nokere Koerse behind Chicchi tell you he can finish well. A gamblers choice.
M. Bouet ALM 6.2 1 start in MSR 2010 finished 152nd, will improvem but not the type of race I see him doing that well in.
So what about the pro continetal teams and riders that you might of never heard off.
C. Betancurt ASA 6.9 impressed me in Giro Lombardi last year finished 9th alongside Gilbert and Visconti. Did a great break away on stage 6 of TA. Likely to be aggresive but the course if not lumpy enough for him, plus it is his 1st MSR.
COL other than Duarte (KM) most of the riders have not riden in Europe till this season, it showed in TA and there is more to learn in MSR, can not recommend anybody.
E. Battaglin COG 3.0 big things are expected of this young man who with young Moser (two very famous surnames) utterly dominate U23 racing in Italy last year. TA form was not exciting and at 22 probably not read for 300kms+ of racing, one for the future.
F. Failli FAR 6.0 & E. Favilli FAR 6.4 TA form on this pair nothing to get excited about. Failli did get over the Poggio in the leading group last year and finished 24th. Favilli finished 9th in the Strade Bianche two weeks back and can sprint.
P Bailetti UTE 2.9 The best contender on a weak team, this is not an "LPR Brakes" of old team. Still with the team working for him and a little luck a top 20 finish for Bailetti is not out of the question.
D Colli TT1 3.1 Ex Geox rider, riding the MSR for 1st time, decent form and sprint on him. Much more likely than Bailetti IMHO for top 20 finish.
- PEAK 100 - Sunday 15th April 2012!1 year 38 weeks agoHi Everyone!
We're pushing 100 riders now with over a month left to go!
Can we get to 200 riders? Fingers crossed!
The event has already raised over £2,000 for KidsCan!
Hope to see you there on Sunday 15th April!
- Wiggo a No No for Milan San Remo?1 year 38 weeks agoI heard Wiggins will not be
I heard Wiggins will not be riding too...
MSR is not really suited to him anyway, & Sky won't try to control it like in the world champs, its a very different race & needs a different tactic