- New Forest row: Sportive organiser warns riders to follow Highway Code... and locals will be watching1 year 15 weeks agoI suggest everyone riding has
I suggest everyone riding has a camera either still or video handy and captures every example of bad or inconsiderate driving and bombards the council, parish and above and the MP with them.
Although that'll never happen cos all drivers are whiter than white though...
- New Forest row: Sportive organiser warns riders to follow Highway Code... and locals will be watching1 year 15 weeks agoridemybike wrote:
Are UKcyclingEvents suggesting that cyclists should not ride 2 abreast? Even though that is permitted within the highwaycode?
I was riding in the Forest today, and there are signs up for the event suggesting riding single file on some of the narrower roads.
- Bespoked Bristol 2013 + video: Donhou, Feather, Paulus Quiros, Rourke, Serotta, Hewitt, Merenyi and more...1 year 15 weeks agoQuote:That's a Campag EPS boxQuote:
That's a Campag EPS box hanging below the Crank Brothers stem. No expense spared…
It's held on with zip ties!!
No expense spared would mean they'd built a lovely little integrated mount for it but no, let's wrap a couple of zip ties round it!
However there are some lovely looking bikes in that lot.
- Enrico Gasparotto and Thomas Löfkvist both hit by vehicles in training crashes1 year 15 weeks agoHow is he balancing in that
How is he balancing in that photo?
- Video: MTN-Qhubeka film looks back at WorldTour debut and Ciolek's win in San Remo1 year 15 weeks agoMagic.
- Best Road Shorts1 year 15 weeks agoCheers for the advice, I'm
Cheers for the advice, I'm looking at some Assos and the Castelli Aero ones.
I was hoping that someone was going to say dhb Aeron Pro as there is a 20% off coupon on dhb gear at the mo making them £53!
But I will look at making an investment in looking cool and being comfy.
- Boris Johnson says he "won't be bullied" into wearing a cycle helmet (+ video)1 year 15 weeks agoAmused that Boris doesn't
Amused that Boris doesn't always wear a helmet in the winter. I don't always wear one in the summer, but in the winter I am happy to don one. Partly because I'm more likely to slip on ice and bang my noggin in the winter, but mostly because it stops the peaked cap keeping my ears warm and my glasses snow-free from being blown away.
- New Forest row: Sportive organiser warns riders to follow Highway Code... and locals will be watching1 year 15 weeks ago6000 event cyclists x 3
6000 event cyclists x 3 metres (with a bit of a gap,) you do the maths. So this is a time trial not a sportive? All they have to do is wait around the first corner of the course and they will have all the snaps they want. Evidence collected; objective to have the event banned. Childish loons.
- Boris Johnson says he "won't be bullied" into wearing a cycle helmet (+ video)1 year 15 weeks agoThat's probably on account of
That's probably on account of his big fat head!!!
But it isn't the bike providers responsibility to provide helmets- it is the rider's ... who should observe "due diligence" whenever they cycle on the road. If they are knocked off, what's their defence for not being "adequately and properly protected"?
Couldn't happen to me Guv, honest!! But it is hard to argue the case when you're dead, or seriously brain damaged. For my money - you'd have to be seriously deranged to ride without a helmet ... however big your head is, Boris!
- LAST CALL FOR ' THE BEAUTY '1 year 15 weeks ago'The Beauty' sold out this
'The Beauty' sold out this afternoon, with Tamsin Boyle claiming the last of the thousand places.
The 33% increase in numbers over last year's ride has justified moving the H.Q. from Minehead to Tiverton.
Thanks to all who've entered for supporting the event and sorry to those who missed out.
Once the infrastructure at the new venue has been fully tested, on Apr.21st, it will probably be possible to increase capacity next time.
- Giro Del Trentino 1a & 1b1 year 15 weeks agoThere's a youth jersey so
There's a youth jersey so that will definitely effect my thinking once His Nibs and Wiggo are on the teamsheet.
- Yorkshire cyclist convicted of assault on van driver after court rejects self-defence claim1 year 15 weeks agoThere's now a local report
There's now a local report with a bit more detail here:
- Enrico Gasparotto and Thomas Löfkvist both hit by vehicles in training crashes1 year 15 weeks agoAnybody else noticed that car
Anybody else noticed that car drivers were strangley polite and behaved well after Brad was knocked off?
Well now we are back on the roads after the snow, they have all forgotten and they are back to being complete and utter T0ss3rs!
I don't want Brad to be knocked off again, but WTF gives?
- Woman charged with killing teenage cyclist while over drink drive limit1 year 15 weeks agoThis is another interesting
This is another interesting one. I would like to compare and contrast if there is any difference between the sentence handed out if this was two young pedestrians versus the same lads on their bikes. PLEASE tell me that there is no difference!! If there is a difference then we are all right and there is a massive prejudice against us cycling scum!
I really really wish we could be treated equally but the cyclist racism we are all reacting against is just awful! I will be riding in Spain next week - I know I will be treated with respect and have a great time!
- Yorkshire cyclist convicted of assault on van driver after court rejects self-defence claim1 year 15 weeks agoAnd recording things does NO
And recording things does NO GOOD AT ALL.
The police DO NOT GIVE A SHIT if third class scum get threatened.
I bought an HD camera, and it made no difference at all.
It would be better if I bought a gun.
- Yorkshire cyclist convicted of assault on van driver after court rejects self-defence claim1 year 15 weeks ago"It seems it was agreed in
"It seems it was agreed in court that Chris banged on the side of the van. If a vehicle is so close the cyclist can touch it that is too close. The driver did not have to stop, unless he thought he had hit the cyclist, which is possible, but a more likely scenario is the driver stopped to unleash a little road rage on the cyclist. Instead as often happens in these cases he finds he is facing a somewhat fit athlete, all pumped up with adrenaline because he just had a near death experience, and as a result driver gets a kicking. As already pointed out, had the van hit the cyclist and killed him his fine would probably be less than 840 quid."
Exactly. As a cyclist, being third class scum, you cannot win.
You MUST allow people to threaten you with death and do NOTHING about it.
- New Forest row: Sportive organiser warns riders to follow Highway Code... and locals will be watching1 year 15 weeks agoI am in agreement with
I am in agreement with everyone that the nimbys are a complete pain and all this opposition to the sportives and cyclists in general is just futile.
However I have a solution! Do northern Sportives - it is so cold and Left Wing up here you won't see any of the chinless right wing idiots within a 100 miles.
- Lance Armstrong sells $10 million Austin, Texas home... at a loss, according to reports1 year 15 weeks agoI've just surprised myself,
I've just surprised myself, after checking him on wikipedia, other than the TdF wins, he did not win a great deal.
I was never a fan of his so didnt really take much notice of what he was doing outside of the TdF. Mind you he won a cracking named race in 1994 - 1st Thrift Drug Classic.
- Lance Armstrong sells $10 million Austin, Texas home... at a loss, according to reports1 year 15 weeks agostumps wrote:It makes youstumps wrote:
It makes you think though, he wasn't the only one cheating yet no witch hunt for all the others.
Dont get me wrong here i completely agree with taking everything from him won by cheating but it should be done to everyone thats caught whether they admitted to it or were caught out.
I think the issue here is that he defrauded his insurance company, which some of the other riders didn't (I don't suppose they got win bonuses because he was winning everything).
SCA made a very sure bet - it would be inconceivable that LA, coming back from cancer, would at his age do 5 TdFs in a row. And so having to pay the accumulator bonus to LA on that was not likely.....except for the drug taking. LA had the chance to admit it all in court, and perjured himself by denying it at the time (back in 2005). But now it's all coming back to bite him in the arse.
Not many other cyclists have heaped a pack of lies as high as him, and so when the metaphorical house started to fall, it's going to fall pretty far and hard.
I admit that there is a part of me that is beginning to feel an iota of sympathy for him. That said, I'm sure he's not quite eating out of bins yet.
- Best way of attracting female cyclists1 year 15 weeks agoSounds like you're all
Sounds like you're all playing hard to get, but would really like him to call you....
- Where to start with road bikes?1 year 15 weeks agoRight - the problem you are
Right - the problem you are experiencing with your old mountain bike is something called 'Rolling Resistance'. The bigger, and wider the tyre, the more resistance you have to the road. This is why road bikes have skinny tyres. The reason for big fat tyres on mountain bikes, is that it gives it extra traction in wet and muddy conditions....something you just don't need on the road.
Whether you go for a commuter bike, cyclocross or road bike will purely depend on the level of comfort, vs. the level of speed that you want. That said a nice carbon road bike will give you great comfort and speed.
I don't think you need panniers, a good courier bag which doesn't sit on your back like a wad of roof insulation, can take care of what you need when you get to the other end.
It basically comes down to how much do you want to spend after that. You can get a perfectly good road bike or whatever for less than £1k for a commute. I'm guessing that you'll need to leave it locked up somewhere, so you are probably better just getting a second hand bike which you'll be happy donating to someone's skag fund at some undisclosed and inconvenient point in the future.....and actually having an older, less sparkly bike will probably deter thieves on the basis that it won't get them a full baggy of drugs.
- Best way of attracting female cyclists1 year 15 weeks agoI find treating them NO
I find treating them NO different to male cyclists doesn't work, they just think I'm gay.....
- Just in: Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 20131 year 15 weeks agoWOW! I really really dig this
WOW! I really really dig this - not even because I have a CF Road (i mean they do look pretty different. Just looks so fine!
- One23 Bar Saver1 year 15 weeks agoPretty sure there is a Blue
Pretty sure there is a Blue Peter solution to this problem, perhaps even using cotton reels.
- Giro Del Trentino 1a & 1b1 year 15 weeks agoOne day, two stages, no
One day, two stages, no transfers.
No transfers between 1a and 1b, then 4 for stage 2.
You should have got an email.