- Laura Trott and Peter Kennaugh take national titles in sprint showdowns (+video)1 year 8 weeks agoDefinitely Ken-yuck (my FiL
Definitely Ken-yuck (my FiL lives across the road from his Gran), and it's agrand result for him too...
- Roman Kreuziger, key support rider for Alberto Contador, out of Tour de France over bio passport abnormalities1 year 8 weeks agoIts impossible to comment
Its impossible to comment really except that this all takes too long and the timing sucks. Whilst we are at it, any news on JTL?
- Armstrong: My fall from grace cleaned up cycling - but it wasn't worth it1 year 8 weeks agoThis is news?
This is news?
- Witness appeal after Wiltshire cyclist killed in collision with lorry1 year 8 weeks ago"Struck by an overtaking
"Struck by an overtaking lorry" - if this is a fact then do they even need witnesses?
RIP the cyclist.
- Aerozine Road Bottom Bracket1 year 8 weeks agoSo is that something I can
So is that something I can replace my ageing GXP unit with? Or is the chainset (Sram Rival) constrained to a GXP replacement?
- Tern Link Uno (D1) MO folding bike1 year 8 weeks agoWouldn't making a bike so low
Wouldn't making a bike so low to the ground fixed be a bit problematic (pedal strike &c)?
- Competition Prizes1 year 8 weeks agoCan anyone get a statement
Can anyone get a statement from Wiggle as to the reason for the delays in getting the prizes out. Wiggle are normally very quick at despatching so it's confusing why the hold-up.
I'm expecting some sunnies too.
- UPDATED: Sustrans schools cycling officer breaks 48 hour off-road MTB world record setting new mark of 619Km1 year 8 weeks agoChapeau!
It doesn't matter
It doesn't matter where he rode, really. The record only recognises flat distances.
- Anterior knee pain - starting to get serious1 year 8 weeks agoYour experience sounds
Your experience sounds similar to mine, as far as area of pain is concerned.
I found physic to be a good start, but to be honest it only really treated the issue rather than sorting the cause of it.
Have a look around and speak with a bio-mechanics coach in your area, similar cost to a physic, and whilst not necessarily able to fix the problem after its aggravated, they might be able to stop it from occurring again.
Best of luck!
- Road closures for the Tour1 year 8 weeks agoWe're staying at the campsite
We're staying at the campsite Ilkley Cycle Club have organised (nice work fellas!) - but not arriving until the Friday evening. We're planning to leave Leicester just after school finishes, so I've got a feeling the roads and lanes in the area are going to be pretty chocca by the time we arrive. Should be interesting!
- Anterior knee pain - starting to get serious1 year 8 weeks agoI have a touch of what you
I have a touch of what you described, especially bad during the jan feb march when its colder. The physio idea is a wise one one. I basically used kenesisology tape combined with massage and icing (bag of peas after a ride) and a bit of well timed rest to help it clear up. It may also be from muscle imbalance. The massage was the thing that really helped though to release the tension in my ATB, quads and calves. The tape helped to accelerate healing and reduce swelling and provided a bit of pain relief.
I never really tackled the imbalance properly though there are exercises out there on the web. Although people swear by an exact bit fit i believe the body can tolerate slight differences. I found that moving my saddle back helped but I then changed saddles to a Fizik aroine which i find a get into a TT position often on which bring my KOP forward. So basically i end up having various KOP positions during any one ride.
- Anterior knee pain - starting to get serious1 year 8 weeks agoThanks folks,
I'd seen those
I'd seen those Bike Radar articles before, some useful reading.
I think I'll try and sort out a physio, as well as doing some VMO strengthening and having a play with my cleat position.
The cleats already have wedges underneath - that's the piece the bike fitter spent most of the time on.
- Laura Trott and Peter Kennaugh take national titles in sprint showdowns (+video)1 year 8 weeks agoPoor Lizzie Armitsted.
Poor Lizzie Armitsted. Armistead. Armitage. Ambleside. Armitstead. Armistice. Such a great rider, and still no-one can spell her name right.
Well done to Laura Trott and Peter Kennaugh. Bit of a shame that Kennaugh isn't on the Sky Tour squad and therefore the GB national jersey won't appear in the Yorkshire/Essex stages.
- NeilPryde Zephyr competition: help us find our winner!1 year 8 weeks agoSimon E wrote:I'm Chris, andSimon E wrote:
I'm Chris, and so's my wife.
I AM SPARTICHRIS!
- Giro stage winner Ulissi tests positive for excessive amount of anti-asthma drug1 year 8 weeks agoWe know that salbutamol is
We know that salbutamol is subject to control, and it seems fair to say that in this case questions must be answered.
But the the most important point, to my mind has been touched upon; that of whether or not the treatment of asthma (or other chronic condition) should be allowable in elite sport.
Quite apart from any intention by an individual to dose beyond mere treatment and to gain advantage, is that condition no simply a part of their physical capacity and so is entirely comparable to any other measure of that and so should be improved only through training?
- NeilPryde Zephyr competition: help us find our winner!1 year 8 weeks agoI'm Chris, and so's my wife.
I'm Chris, and so's my wife.
- Choisissez trois Français... 2014 édition1 year 8 weeks agoOK, I'm going to phone this
OK, I'm going to phone this in and hope to fluke it:
- Planetx RT-58 alloy tiagra 2014, Canondale CAAD 9 2009, or Genesis Equilibrium 00 2014??1 year 8 weeks agoJust thought I'd add my
Just thought I'd add my £0.02
I'm getting back into road biking after a long hiatus and recently got a Cannondale SuperSix Evo 105 6. I'd just like to say it's an awesome bike (Ok the wheels were the 1st thing to go but as I had a set of Mavic ksyrium on my other bike it's all good).
With your budget I'd go for SuperSix Evo 5 and some nice wheels
I'm no expert but am now doing 100+ miles a week on it and its lush!
- Road touring tyres, 700c x 28 - which to buy?1 year 8 weeks agoSimon E wrote:Bontrager RaceSimon E wrote:
Bontrager Race Lite Hardcase is cheap, tough as boots and rolls surprisingly well.
+1. I have 28s on my foul weather bike, no punctures in 3,000km of wet central London commuting.
- Anterior knee pain - starting to get serious1 year 8 weeks ago+1 it shouldn't get worse
+1 it shouldn't get worse post fitting !!
sounds like petallar compression syndrome ... bikeradar have a couple of knee
articles which are quite good ...
Have you checked cleat position and alignment ?? My right foot is VERY
susceptable to cleat fore/aft, but not so the left.
- Anterior knee pain - starting to get serious1 year 8 weeks agoDos'nt sound like you got a
Dos'nt sound like you got a very good bike fit done there. Should never of gotten worse.
Sounds like you need to not ride for a couple of weeks and go see a physio as suggested or a bike fitter that knows what they're doing..
- Armstrong: My fall from grace cleaned up cycling - but it wasn't worth it1 year 8 weeks agoAt least he's being honest
At least he's being honest about it, he could have said "Oh yeah, it's great that the sport is now cleaned up at my considerable expense" and we'd all go "well that's a load of shit!". Could have saved himself all this grief if he'd been a bit more honest earlier on.
- Laura Trott and Peter Kennaugh take national titles in sprint showdowns (+video)1 year 8 weeks agoI watched the highlights on
I watched the highlights on ITV; really entertaining racing and great to see the ITV commentary team (Gary, Phil and co)all ready for the Tour. Best TV sports commentary team in the business.
When the closing credits were rolling there was a clip of someone in a womens race coming off pretty horrendously. The rider was leaning down to do something around her front wheel; then the bike just locked up and down she went. Hope she's OK.
- Anterior knee pain - starting to get serious1 year 8 weeks agoGo and see a sports physio -
Go and see a sports physio - cost me £40, they will be able to point you in the right direction.
If its not the bike it could be a myriad of things.
Best £40 I ever spent.....
- Would-be cyclists want more cycle lanes and better facilities, says Halfords survey1 year 8 weeks agoTo address a few of the
To address a few of the points again.
Building segregated infrastructure isn't just driven by a concern over dangerous drivers. In our congested cities, mixing bikes and large vehicles is dangerous even with safe drivers.
Filtering between traffic made up of buses and HGVs is something only for the most confident and experienced riders. The greater the level of congestion, the greater the danger. When users on bikes have to find space with other users in massive vehicles, accidents happen. The campaign took the name "space4cycling" for a reason.
There is no one solution to campaign for ("the one thing"), segregated infrastructure is just one element. Within the LCC the majority of their campaigning is at the local level and on quietways, removing dangerous traffic from back roads (rat runs) and allowing filtering permeability for cyclists and pedestrians.
Regarding the one message, and the cycling community speaking with one voice. The cycling charities speak with almost one voice, their position is already remarkably unified.
And yes, it probably will take 40 years or more to produce the level of change required. It takes as many years to fix as problem as it did to create it.