- Surrey road race hit by drawing pin attack1 year 8 weeks agoNot just in Surrey.
Not just in Surrey.
- Brooks Challenge Large Tool Bag1 year 8 weeks agoWell, as far as longevity, I
Well, as far as longevity, I have to disagree with the reviewer... I was initially extremely pleased with the introduction of - finally - a leather seat bag in which to hold serious tools and puncture repair kits. So I immediately took the plunge. Yet, threading it through saddle loops, after about two weeks of admittedly rainy weather (the bike AND the bag sleep indoors), I noticed two problems:
- one, the straps are way too weak; they started to indent where the saddle loops sit: meaning you cannot carry anything heavy (during those two weeks, i was carrying in the bag an Abus folding lock, weighting some 2 pounds max),
- two, with this lock in the bag, and the bag sitting across my back rack, the paint on the leather in contact with the rack (it's painted on, not tinted in) started to wear off after 3 weeks, even if, before using it, I greased it thoroughly. It's now totally deprived of paint on these points.
so now, I reverted back to my old 1970's modified thick leather pouch transformed into a seat bag if i need any relatively serious carrying around under the seat.
Too bad, because the idea was really good indeed, the sizing really fine, the closure system smart - In other words, a leather bag intended for bikes which cannot withstand a bit of load, a bit of bad weather and a bit of rubbing is imho not a quality bike bag...
- Tour de France Tech 2014: Marcel Kittel's Giant Propel Advanced SL1 year 8 weeks agoGlad to see less of a tarty
Glad to see less of a tarty paint job. This looks like a proper tool for the job. I think the decals could be larger though!
- Tour de France Tech 2014: Marcel Kittel's Giant Propel Advanced SL1 year 8 weeks agoTo my eyes that first side-on
To my eyes that first side-on picture at the top of the article make this look like one hell of an ugly machine!
- RCUK game1 year 8 weeks agoI'm in with shutuplegs
I'm in with shutuplegs
- New Forest to consider pushing for laws to control sportives?1 year 8 weeks agoThere are a few other events
There are a few other events but they are all much smaller than the Wiggle\UKCycling events, which are the only ones that seem to get any press
- Surrey road race hit by drawing pin attack1 year 8 weeks agoThere are some real c*nts in
There are some real c*nts in Surrey.
- TDY (F) stage 2 - any tips?1 year 8 weeks agoI'll be in High Bradfield
I'll be in High Bradfield watching them on Kirk Edge Road as they approach Sheffield. Should be fun.
- TDY (F) stage 2 - any tips?1 year 8 weeks agoI'm thinking gerrans, g.v.a,
I'm thinking gerrans, g.v.a, sagan, slagter
- Witness appeal after cyclist killed in HGV collision in Nottingham1 year 8 weeks agoI agree corporate
I agree corporate manslaughter charge would certainly rause the stakes. Might even get some action that's meaningful.
- Cycling route to TDF Stage 21 year 8 weeks agoI might take an old tin bath,
I might take an old tin bath, put casters on it and ride down a grassy hill:
- Cycling route to TDF Stage 21 year 8 weeks agoarrieredupeleton wrote:Great.arrieredupeleton wrote:
Great. Thanks for that. Now, what to do on a roadside verge in Yorkshire for 3 hours?
Leave the sheep alone, they are reserved for us locals. Apparently mine's called Woolina.
- Choisissez trois Français... 2014 édition1 year 8 weeks agoP. Rolland 24.4
P. Rolland 24.4
J. Simon 16.1
J. Gadret 9.2
- Choisissez trois Français... 2014 édition1 year 8 weeks agoDemare
- Pantani: The Accidental Death of a Cyclist1 year 8 weeks agoSteppenHerring wrote:Hey - noSteppenHerring wrote:
Hey - no spoilers. I'm going to see this in a few days time.
he dies in the end.
- How do I claim for a damaged bike following car encounter?1 year 8 weeks agoGot hit by a BMW a few weeks
Got hit by a BMW a few weeks back, luckily??? the dealer whose driver was driving it at the time has been very helpful. I do wish I could have been there for the conversation, sorry sir our driver has put a dent in the front of your 12 month old 5 series...
I spoke to the CTC solicitors and they sent me all the forms for a small claims if need be. Because no injury not really much point going any other way. Police aren't interested and don't consider it an accident unless the driver does a hit and run, or someone ends up in hospital. or the road gets shut.
First contact the driver, he caused the damage he should pay. Then start on small claims if he gets funny. Do you have anything written down? any admission of guilt by the driver, although driving into someone tends to be looked at as guilty by stupidity as I understand it.
- Your views on...Electric Bikes (Dissertation project)1 year 8 weeks agoalexalphalexalph wrote:
Airzound/scoob, your more than welcome to voice your comments in the non-user questionnaire, but I'd appreciate it if you don't make pointless rude remarks to other forum members.
oh c'mon, it was just a joke, I even put a smiley in for the sensitive types.
for what its worth, i was quite complementary towards these bikes in your survey!
- New Forest to consider pushing for laws to control sportives?1 year 8 weeks agoAs sportives are not races, I
As sportives are not races, I am struggling to see what laws could be introduced which would not have a wider impact on public liberty.
You could apply the same concerns to large car boot sales, village fairs, festivals, and ANY event where people congregate. These are public roads and not the preserve of a few natives.
Pretty sure if this is tried, mass protests like the mass walks arranged by the ramblers association back in the 30s will be the result.
Maybe what's needed is a "sportive" event in the new forest where 3000 cyclists turn up and drive around slowly with bikes on car racks.
contrast all of this with the attitude of the Yorkshire Dales NP who are painting the place yellow to welcome people on bikes
- New Forest to consider pushing for laws to control sportives?1 year 8 weeks agoAm I right in thinking the
Am I right in thinking the residents are up in arms over two events? Bloody hell it seem that every weekend for the few months there's been an event on le Tour route.
Oh I forgot Chelsea tractors rule the road!
- Pantani: The Accidental Death of a Cyclist1 year 8 weeks agoThat pic of him descending is
That pic of him descending is terrifying.
- Colnago CX Zero Disc road bike1 year 8 weeks agopsychonabike wrote:Soundspsychonabike wrote:
Sounds cracking, so why only 3.5 stars? Overpriced; a bit tubby; both?
I'd appreciate seeing the reply to this question too!
- Catch a big screen showing of Pantani: The Accidental Death of a Cyclist1 year 8 weeks agoLet's face it, Pantani never
Let's face it, Pantani never regained his earlier form after checks for evidence of EPO taking were introduced. Don't get me wrong, he was a fantastic racer and one hell of a character but anyone who saw that final TT of the 98 Giro would be right to be highly suspicious and Pantani never tried to prove that he was clean...just moan that every one thought he cheated.
The Pantani story is ultimately one of tragedy but it also goes to explain why drug cheating (as long as one doesn't get caught) is still tolerated in many Italian teams and amongst the tifosi.
- Your views on...Electric Bikes (Dissertation project)1 year 8 weeks agoChuck wrote:AirzoundChuck wrote:Airzound wrote:
If that's not a sarcastic well done, It should be.
The guy is asking for people's views in his survey - if you go expressing views in the comments before people complete the survey you're potentially causing bias in his results.
So whatever anyone thinks just have the courtesy to STFU.
- Design your own cycling jersey app and be in for the chance of having it made!1 year 8 weeks agoDone, but it doesn't really
Done, but it doesn't really give you much customisation
- Your views on...Electric Bikes (Dissertation project)1 year 8 weeks agoAirzound wrote:CheatAirzound wrote: