- TDU Stage 51 year 9 weeks ago209 points, after 20 pts
209 points, after 20 pts penalty, and slid back 2 place on forum scorum's! the standard is high this year!
- Proposed West Yorkshire cycle tunnel would be longest in Europe1 year 9 weeks agoSideBurn wrote:I love the waySideBurn wrote:
I love the way Sustrans talk about these old lines being used as an alternative to the car. However after using a cycle-path to commute for a while, I am fed up with it...
I gave up on cycle paths because the ones round here are constantly littered with mud, storm debris, glass etc. That's when they're not half flooded. The dog walkers etc. are a minor nuisance compared to having to deal with a bottom bracket and drive train that's always covered in crud and constantly needing attention. The local council and Sustrans both seem to think it's perfectly acceptable. It's almost as if they think that, by choosing to cycle, we are somehow willing to give up modern road surfaces and return to some sort of agrarian transport system with communities linked by muddy farm tracks.
- Forum competition: pick a 3.0 rider...1 year 9 weeks agoI make it Domont on
I make it Domont on 28.....9+3+1+8+7(I think the rankings page is showing 29 because of a point carried over from last season in the 12 month rolling year as scored by the site)
Alaphillippe(Big Boss Dave Atkinson) 9
Schleck(ray silvester) 3
Ghedebrav set a deadline of End of the TDU so.......last chance guys....still some decent riders left including San Luis stage winner Arredondo.....Mederel,Bernaudeau and Pichot who could reasonably be expected tpo feature in the TDF....Young Italian climber Cattaneo etc!!
- Paralysed trials rider Martyn Ashton back on a (hand)bike1 year 9 weeks agoAshton vs Zanardi in the
Ashton vs Zanardi in the future
I had a go at handcycling not long ago, while visiting Wheels for Wellbeing at Herne Hill Velodrome. Two laps of the inside circuit and my arms were wrecked, I enjoyed it very much through, totally different experience
- Proposed West Yorkshire cycle tunnel would be longest in Europe1 year 9 weeks agoCould be interesting if it
Could be interesting if it actually goes ahead. Virtually on my doorstep, so I would certainly make use of it.
- 1" carbon cyclocross fork1 year 9 weeks agoI've a Wound Up carbon cross
I've a Wound Up carbon cross fork with a 1"steerer available if you want? Max of 1000miles on it. Make me an offer if you fancy it.
- Hand built wheels1 year 9 weeks ago+1 for Jimmy's suggestion,
+1 for Jimmy's suggestion, I've got excellight on record hubs, and excellence on Zenith hubs, both have been fantastics.
He uses both, although i use my local shop most of the time just in case
- dhb summer preview1 year 9 weeks agoThe black jersey looks
The black jersey looks brilliant. Very Etxeondo. But is it priced to high?
- Just in: Genesis Volare Team 9531 year 9 weeks agoDave AtkinsonDave Atkinson wrote:bendertherobot wrote:
Surely you could build this for way less than the rrp of the full bike?
it does seem that way, i've just specced one up with 9000 groupset, dura ace C24 wheels and FSA SL-K finishing kit – so a bit spendier than the stock build – and it came out at £4,300 buying the stuff online.
We'll see what Madison say.
Cheers Dave. Would be very interesting to know as, frankly, it almost looks as if they don't want to sell a full build. After all, who'd buy it?
I suspect you could get a lbs to give 10% for cash. Most do. Meaning the frame is around £1800 or so. I'd stick full SRAM Red on from Merlin at £900. So up to £2700. Wheels? Dunno. Handbuilts, but even with Dura Ace and carbon stuff I'm still well under £4k.
Mind, I could also do all of that with a Condor Super Accaiao and be another £800 or so better off.
I love the look of the Genesis, I was close to getting the frame but they won't sell the cheaper one frame only. So I got an Accaiao instead.
- Proposed West Yorkshire cycle tunnel would be longest in Europe1 year 9 weeks agoI love the way Sustrans talk
I love the way Sustrans talk about these old lines being used as an alternative to the car. However after using a cycle-path to commute for a while, I am fed up with it and the hassle of, in particular dog walkers. As a place to walk a dog these trails are great, but even my local paper is full of stories of annoying cyclists intimidating pedestrians on the trail and annoying cyclists not using the cycle-paths. All credit to Sustrans, keep up the good work, it is a disgrace that old railway lines are lying abandoned.
But what are they? As far as I am concerned, either ban dogs or cyclists from them. Riding through a dark tunnel knowing there may be a dog running around in front of you is not what I call fun. And do not get me started about dog poo!
- Light & Motion Vis 180 rear light1 year 9 weeks agoI had one of the earlier
I had one of the earlier versions, until eventually it jumped from the bag mount (but lasted longer than several Cateyes - Blackburn magnetic shows how that should be done). It was a quality item, gutted to lose, so I'm tempted to get a 50 lums version. One issue was that I want the brightest mode for day rides, and the six hour burn time isn't quite enough for that.
- Forum competition: pick a 3.0 rider...1 year 9 weeks agoyes ray .flakemores approved
yes ray .flakemores approved ty.its Domont on 29 and flakemore on 24pts .thanks for keepin track m8
- Forum competition: pick a 3.0 rider...1 year 9 weeks agoi see Domont on 29 then
i see Domont on 29 then Flakemore on 24 points as top 2 3.0 rated riders
- Need a new helmet?1 year 9 weeks agoI will definitely look for
I will definitely look for crash replacement as a feature on the next helmet. Thanks for the suggestions
- Lapierre’s new Aircode aero road bike1 year 9 weeks agoSorry but that's a bloody
Sorry but that's a bloody ugly looking bike
- Video: Ride Wide shows drivers why cyclists need space1 year 9 weeks agoWent on my first ride with a
Went on my first ride with a child trailer last week and found the effect similar. I didn't really need more space on the road than usual, but it was definitely easier than usual to claim it.
- Tour Down Under Stage 5: Gerrans grabs back race lead, Porte wins stage (+ video)1 year 9 weeks agoIf I was trying to avoid
If I was trying to avoid finding out the result of a bike race I wouldn't look at cycling news websites
- Proposed West Yorkshire cycle tunnel would be longest in Europe1 year 9 weeks agoThe Highways Agency. They
The Highways Agency. They sound like good guys, right?
- New study shows cycling really is better than running1 year 9 weeks agoEach to his or her own but I
Each to his or her own but I was told that we should find an exercise that we can do until we are in our 70's or 80's. That puts the choice between running, swimming or cycling in a completely different context than simply which is the best for all round fitness.
For me running is too tough on my knees and so has never lasted more than an hour and frequently less than 30 minutes, though it is dirt cheap.
Swimming is too expensive, is more of a chore and feels more like controlled drowning. Oh, and its extremely boring. Nowadays water is for bathing and chilling out in, not as a means of burning calories.
Cycling is cheap, once the bike is paid for, regularly lasts way more than 2 hours and so burns lots of calories, and is easier on the knees and hips. No upper body workout but what the heck I'm not a monkey!
Whatever the cardio-vascular and muscular fitness benefits each type of exercise provides, cycling is by far the most enjoyable of them all and so is more likely to be pursued throughout the year. Surely that's the secret to long term fitness into old age.
- Lapierre’s new Aircode aero road bike1 year 9 weeks agoTasty little number! Never
Tasty little number! Never usually pay much attention to Lapierre, I will now
- TDU Stage 51 year 9 weeks agoWell I managed 200 points
Well I managed 200 points exactly, 441st on stage
Wig got 23rd, missing Impey
- Tour Down Under Stage 5: Gerrans grabs back race lead, Porte wins stage (+ video)1 year 9 weeks agoThe best way to stay away
The best way to stay away from finding out the result of a sporting event you're watching delayed is to stay away from websites that cover that sport and social media until you've watched it.
- Tour Down Under Stage 5: Gerrans grabs back race lead, Porte wins stage (+ video)1 year 9 weeks agoYou've been asked by
You've been asked by forummers SO MANY TIMES to not put the result in the headline. Was just about to sit down and watch this on sky when I saw this. Brilliant. Please stop doing it.
- Tech Roundup: Rapha, Cinelli, Ritchey, Gaerne and more1 year 9 weeks ago'The team won’t be racing in
'The team won’t be racing in it, UCI rules don’t allow teams to change the colour or design of their kit through the season'
- Lapierre’s new Aircode aero road bike1 year 9 weeks agoShep73 wrote:Just looks likeShep73 wrote:
Just looks like a TCR to me.
I've got a TCR. If it was as pretty as that I wouldn't be looking to sell it.