- Milan - San Remo1 year 38 weeks ago1T4 riders for Milan San
1T4 riders for Milan San Remo
John Degenkolb, Simon Geschke, Roy Curvers & Koen de Kort have been riding the Poggio and other parts of the course today
Not a secret anymore, the starting list on cyclingfever has been updated for a full squads for 1T4, GRE, FAR & more
- Francesco Failli1 year 38 weeks agoprobably cause we missed him
probably cause we missed him pre season. if he's riding MSR, he'll be added
- Cant make transfers1 year 38 weeks agoIE7 seems to be the culprit.
IE7 seems to be the culprit. although it works fine on IE7 in the office. we'll keep poking the gears.
- Tirreno-Adriatico 2012 side along for fun any takers?1 year 38 weeks agoWell done TER.....Your
Well done TER.....Your efforts are much appreciated at making the race much more interesting to watch on Eurosport.....on to M-SR now and just watch my points tumble now that we are back to the competition proper..
- Trek Domane breaks cover on the UCI approved list1 year 38 weeks agoIn terms of anagrams, I
In terms of anagrams, I suppose it's better than 'Moaned'. Or Daemon.
- Milan - San Remo1 year 38 weeks agointeresting stat 3 of my star
interesting stat 3 of my star guys (dont think the other raced at all) and 3 of my domestiques (not sure where the other 2 raced) raced Tirreno
- Trek Domane breaks cover on the UCI approved list1 year 38 weeks agoCan I look forward to riding
Can I look forward to riding 'a demon' at any point?
- Milan - San Remo1 year 38 weeks agoIn the last 25 years 18
In the last 25 years 18 winners have used Tirreno-Adriatico, 6 Paris-Nice and 1 Catalan Week as preparation for La Primavera
- What to do when illness strikes - build a new bike!1 year 38 weeks agoI love my nanolight too,
I love my nanolight too, 'cept mine's white and
runs on hand built mavic / ambrosio wheels. 3T and force
elsewhere like yours though
- Tirreno-Adriatico 2012 side along for fun any takers?1 year 38 weeks agoIT was a stuopid idea, I
IT was a stuopid idea, I wonder who came up with it?
Well done Stevespro79 and chapeaux to TER for doing the scoring. Jings purist is difficult!! unless your Stevspro of course.
- LEJOG IN 5 DAYS1 year 38 weeks agoI did the Race Against Time
I did the Race Against Time two years ago, in six days. It was reduced from five but I wouldn't let that put you off. A five-day Lejog is a tall order but it's by no means impossible - although you'll need to be lucky with injuries, mechanicals, weather etc.
If you want detailed thoughts it might be best to swap them off the forum if you'd like to email me at mcrthomas [at] gmail [dot] com, but in a nutshell, these would be my top tips:
1). Do lots of training! Bit late for that one now I suppose, but I was lucky enough to have loads of time to build up my fitness before the event and it made a massive difference. I loved virtually every minute of the experience but a few of my fellow riders *really* struggled. In fact one of them didn't finish at all and I know he was beyond gutted about it.
2). Buy the best shorts you can afford. We all had some pretty serious undercarriage pain issues but the people with Assos and the like were a *lot* better off than the cheap 'n' cheerful brigade. Same goes for your other contact points: make sure your shoes fit perfectly (I lost the feeling in one of my toes for over a year after the ride) and use gloves with decent gel padding (my Enduras were pretty good - bit too padded for general use but I really felt the benefit on some of the rougher roads by the time we got to Scotland).
3). Get a support vehicle if you can. You will want to eat a truly astonishing amount of food (we figured we were getting through 9000 calories a day and were all still permanently hungry) and you and your toilet really don't want all that to come from energy bars/gels. We had a transit full of cake, sarnies, flapjacks, bananas etc etc, not to mention gallons of water, energy drinks, recovery drinks (don't forget these!) and tea/coffee. We also had pre-arranged meal & rest breaks at places where our superstar support team had gone ahead and cooked for us. Brilliant if you can set it up. The other thing about the support vehicle is that it'll cut down the time you spend fixing punctures/mechanicals etc. And you want to spend as little time as possible doing that (which reminds me, choose your tyres carefully - I had no punctures at all with my Vittoria Pave Evo CGs but others with lighter, faster tyres had loads, which was a massive pain in the arse, frankly).
4). Do deals. I got a reasonable discount with Mule Bars cos I bought so many (for most of the riders) but I reckon you could do even better with more time & effort. You haven't said whether you're raising any money for charity on this ride but you'll have more leverage with suppliers if you are.
There's far too much information about my ride on my road.cc blog if you can be arsed. But if there's anything in particular you want to ask, do feel free to email me.
I'm so envious! I wish I was doing it again. Good luck!
- Trek Domane breaks cover on the UCI approved list1 year 38 weeks agomadone - domane ... lots of
madone - domane ... lots of thought there then
- LEJOG IN 5 DAYS1 year 38 weeks agoHI there Graham
I am doing
HI there Graham
I am doing LeJogLe this year, a few weeks before you in may, with a time of 10 days being the target.
Best advice I could give would be to find stuff that you like!
I use high5's 4:1 carb/protein drinks and bars for training and recovery fuel but to avoid eating the same consistencies all the time it has to be mixed up with a bit of normal food!
bananas and dried fruit i find handy, the baking section in asda is always a good place, i cant remember the manufacturer but they do dried fruit/nut mix which is packed with good calories, fats and proteins - they chewing action as well I find particularly comforting!
gels etc have their place if you need a quick fix but for longer days (10hrs+) you would need a box of them so they aren't practical!
avoid too heavily processed stuff, but a yorkie wont be the end of the world - figure 700 calories/hr for 10-15hrs/day and you are looking at 50,000 calories to be used during the ride, just eat little and often, make sure you like it and it likes you!
give me a shout if I can help!
and enjoy it, its going to be a blast! (no pun intended!)
- Cant make transfers1 year 38 weeks agoIE8, Firefox and the site on
IE8, Firefox and the site on my android phone all work fine.
- Cant make transfers1 year 38 weeks agoIt's all A1 on `Chrome'
It's all A1 on `Chrome'
- Tirreno-Adriatico 2012 side along for fun any takers?1 year 38 weeks agoA place on the podium, I'm
A place on the podium, I'm happy with that and thanks TER for keeping track of the scores.
- Milan - San Remo1 year 38 weeks agoAwesome, thanks!
- LEJOG IN 5 DAYS1 year 38 weeks agoThe Race Against Time, a
The Race Against Time, a charity ride, used to do it in five days. I think they've gone to six now, as it was so difficult.
Why not contact them, I'm sure they'll have some advice.
- LEJOG IN 5 DAYS1 year 38 weeks agoride it john o groats - lands
ride it john o groats - lands end instead. It's downhill!
- Sportive clash forces postponement of Bristol South Road Race as police refuse permit1 year 38 weeks ago@Simon - thanks for the
@Simon - thanks for the links. But they support what I say in that racing on the road wasn't ever 'illegal'. The ban was largely self-imposed by the National Cyclists' Union (NCU) for fear of bicycles, let alone races, themselves being banned from the road.
There were plenty of road races from 1942 onwards until the 1960 Act.
Er, but I'm being a pedant, so I'll shut up now
- Cant make transfers1 year 38 weeks agoImmanuel Cant uses the
Immanuel Cant uses the Kantian system to do his "Kritik der reinen Vernunft"
- League 'None set' How do I set my location league?1 year 38 weeks agoAwesome, not sure how I
Awesome, not sure how I missed that part!
- "Six idiots" to ride five Classics in seven days next week1 year 38 weeks agothis looks like fun, but i
this looks like fun, but i have recently taken a rather hard knock to the head
- League 'None set' How do I set my location league?1 year 38 weeks agoIf you go onto your account
If you go onto your account and set the region to south west and then when dave updates the leagues you should be added
- Tirreno-Adriatico 2012 side along for fun any takers?1 year 38 weeks agoRight and for the final
Right and for the final stage
and the final overall scores
A big congratulations to Stevespro79, and cheers to everyone that took part.
I wonder if Dave could throw some socks Steves way?