- Eurobike 2012 - weekend caption competition1 year 27 weeks agopig n mix
pig n mix
- Former detective who repeatedly punched cyclist in road rage attack escapes jail on appeal1 year 27 weeks agoI suspect the Police Service
I suspect the Police Service he was working in were glad the see the back of him once his thirty years were up. "Take your pension and bugger off, there's a good chap."
I also suspect he was one of those control freaks who loved ordering minions around and since he left the polis really misses being in charge of anything, leading to feelings of frustration, anger and in extreme occasions, bursting out in rage on some hapless cyclist.
I understand, I really do, but I still think he's a dangerous arsehole.
- Paralympics Day 2: Dramatic day at the velodrome - medals for GB but heartbreak for Jody Cundy1 year 27 weeks agoI haven't seen an footage of
I haven't seen an footage of the release yet. Is it online?
Another thing was the cock up with the medal's in the Discus today. Nightmare
- Former detective who repeatedly punched cyclist in road rage attack escapes jail on appeal1 year 27 weeks agoAnother case of a corrupt
Another case of a corrupt legal stystem looking out for it's own when will we learn?
As a police officer retired or not he should know better and be able to control his temper and repeated punches ? The only appropriate sentence for this thug was a lengthy prison sentence.
I feel sorry only for the poor cyclist victim who has been beaten up twice once by the retired officer and once by the judicial system.
KELSON ( he is not fit to be called a judge) should be ashamed of his dreadful treatment of the victim of this crime
- French Cycling Federation says it views Lance Armstrong's refusal to fight charges as an admission of doping1 year 27 weeks agoNobody else spot the "strip
Nobody else spot the "strip him of the 7 titles want money back but not awarding win to the 2nd place rider" and they will use money to fund cycling, lol not bad idea 7 yrs of tour profits and no winners fees paid out, if Lance paid them the nearly 3 mill they are asking for.
To be honest I do not care personaly if lance is guilty or innocent it does not affect me.
I care about the legitimacy of the witness statements and why it has taken so long for this to be at the level it is at, after all a 7 times tour winner, well after 2-3 wins he should have been under more scrutiny than any other rider in the sport.
If they found nothing most times and as one said he had a doc exemption another time or more, who are we to argue with that it should have been argued at the time.
A paper here also stated that officials were complacent in helping him with tests by giving him at least 20 min notice ? All this says to me is it is a very very sorry state on all counts for all parties involved.
And for those saying he is guilty because he is not fighting it and has the money to fight it, do you have even the slightest idea how much it takes out of someone fighting the system? money can help but time and stress are something money does not alter.
I will reserve my judgement till the full facts are published if ever and all legal action is finished.
- Former detective who repeatedly punched cyclist in road rage attack escapes jail on appeal1 year 27 weeks agoQuite how this individual
Quite how this individual lasted a 30 year career in the police rising to DI with that level of aggressive behavior is staggering!
- Paralympics Day 2: Dramatic day at the velodrome - medals for GB but heartbreak for Jody Cundy1 year 27 weeks agoI did pause/rewind/play on it
I did pause/rewind/play on it a few times, definitely looked as though the wheel wasn't released correctly.
Makes me think of something Oscar Pistorius said on TV the other night - if you can go to the Paralympics and set a PB, even if you don't win a medal, you've won.
To train so hard and then be denied the chance to set any sort of time, however - that must be devastating.
- Paralympics Day 2: Dramatic day at the velodrome - medals for GB but heartbreak for Jody Cundy1 year 27 weeks agoso do you think it was gate
so do you think it was gate or rider error?
- Paralympics Day 2: Dramatic day at the velodrome - medals for GB but heartbreak for Jody Cundy1 year 27 weeks agoI've seen a couple of video's
I've seen a couple of video's of Cundy's rants. I'd be pissed off aswell. Apparently a host of camera men went to the offical's to show them something was wrong with the start but they weren't for listening
Still waiting to see the photo's. Will be interesting to see what happened.
- Rapha to supply Team Sky's kit for next four years1 year 27 weeks agoBe interested to see how
Be interested to see how Rapha proceed with this deal. I'm sure they will be more likely to meet Sky's needs than Adidas if football teams can't get bespoke shirts why would a cycling team? Sure Adidas will do R&D but I bet they don't allow Sky as much power as Rapha will.
As for the Rapha haters, I bought a jacket in the sale and it was delivered to work. I explained to a mate the stigma of Rapha (as displayed above), he was amazed and asked me "why the F@ck" another cyclist would care what I was wearing. Genuinely shocked him the people would have any opinion other than "not for me". Don't get it in any other sport he said, hard to argue against him.
Overpriced? Easy answer, don't buy it. Save your money for that carbon frame or third bike you want. Chances are though, you've already spent a ton of money on something else, hope you like it as much as I like my Rapha jacket.
- Eurobike 2012 - weekend caption competition1 year 27 weeks agoonly when you can snatch the
only when you can snatch the noodles from my bowl will you be ready Grasshopper.
- Eurobike 2012 - weekend caption competition1 year 27 weeks ago"What's that pale green
"What's that pale green spotty condiment on your chips?"
"It's the latest UCI-approved supplement - mayo à pois."
- Armstrong saga1 year 27 weeks agoI'm confused by it aswell.
I'm confused by it aswell. The UCI still seem to think they have the right to decide on this and are still waiting on the evidence.
From what I understand. The UCI will get the evidence when USADA finish with all the rest of the guys they are investigating?Quote:
Armstrong says he is innocent and that only the sport's governing body, the International Cycling Union (UCI), has the power to sanction him.
With the UCI giving the impression that it agrees with Armstrong, Usada is under pressure to provide more details of its case.
The BBC understands Usada would have done so already but for two reasons:
Armstrong was charged along with three doctors, a coach, and US Postal team manager Johan Bruyneel in June - and proceedings are continuing against three of them;
The agency has been concerned that its witnesses have to be protected from outside influence.
- Suggestions for 2012 season1 year 27 weeks agoTheBigMong wrote:In the end,TheBigMong wrote:
In the end, having the full Garmin roster wouldn't have been a bad move! Tyler Farrar got 2 stage wins, Tom Danielson got a stage win & lots of KOM points, Vande Velde won the overall and lots of points along the way, Dave Zabriskie was in the points a couple times...
Wow. I guess in a smaller race with lots of lesser known riders choosing a team becomes a bit more of a challenge.
I can see why they would want to limit the number of riders from one team in particular in these smaller races to force you to go outside the box, but! it is harder on purists, as you say.
I don't know, I think we can do without that rule next year. I can't see why that rule was implemented. It only seems to matter in smaller races or for TTT's.
If you don't want to get rid of it maybe you can forfeit 5 points if you choose to have a 3rd rider from the same team... Just like you forfeit 20 points if you want an extra transfer.
I don't know.. but thanks for the explanation!
- De Rosa launch Superking road bike with integrated EPS battery1 year 27 weeks agoLove it but it does sound
Love it but it does sound like a packet of fags
- Armstrong saga1 year 27 weeks agoIf the UCI "has" to follow
If the UCI "has" to follow USADA... then why haven#t they?
- Eurobike 2012 - weekend caption competition1 year 27 weeks agoGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHI
- Suggestions for 2012 season1 year 27 weeks agoenrique wrote:ray silvesterenrique wrote:ray silvester wrote:
The 2 per team really came home to roost in the USA Pro Challenge
Well, from the very beginning most people wanted a roster of only Garmin and BMC guys but you couldn't even get halfway there due to the rule. The 2-rider-per-team rule is especially hard on Purists sometimes.
In the end, having the full Garmin roster wouldn't have been a bad move! Tyler Farrar got 2 stage wins, Tom Danielson got a stage win & lots of KOM points, Vande Velde won the overall and lots of points along the way, Dave Zabriskie was in the points a couple times... and I'm sure there were more Garmin scores I'm forgetting at the moment.
- Eurobike 2012 - Orange roll out their RX9 cyclocross bike1 year 27 weeks agoBoy did that fall-out the
Boy did that fall-out the ugly-tree and bounce off every branch on the way down?
Mr Orange, go look at Salsa and see how to do it properly - for a start get rid of that cheap, fugly monstrosity of a fork.
- Eurobike 2012 - weekend caption competition1 year 27 weeks agoI cannot think of anything
I cannot think of anything funny. But it looks like Contador's new range of treat snacks has made Tony believe he can detect TR sneaking up on him with his eyes closed
- It's Super Mari-double-o-seven as Cipollini turns James Bond for 2013 range promo (+video)1 year 27 weeks agoI can't see Chris Boardman
I can't see Chris Boardman doing this, to flog his range of bikes, somehow.
- Eurobike 2012 - weekend caption competition1 year 27 weeks agoT; Can you show me how to
T; Can you show me how to hold chop sticks?
- Former detective who repeatedly punched cyclist in road rage attack escapes jail on appeal1 year 27 weeks agoA disgraceful incident and
A disgraceful incident and the sentence is not appropriate by any means. The fact that the judge had to impose a restraining order speaks volumes, as does the judge's comment about the ex-detective's levels of aggression and his inability to understand that he committed a criminal act. He should have been sent to prison for some months to reflect on his behaviour and should have been fined rather more heavily, while he should also have had his driving licence taken away for a number of years. The victim would do well to take out a civil action also.
- Eurobike 2012 - weekend caption competition1 year 27 weeks agoTony: Oi! You can't throw it
Tony: Oi! You can't throw it back just because it's too hot.
- Eurobike 2012 - weekend caption competition1 year 27 weeks agoHonest It's not me! it my
Honest It's not me! it my naked glove puppet.