- what would you do???1 year 37 weeks agoAnd Amen!! It really doesn't
And Amen!! It really doesn't take much to check on a fellow cyclist. And it always comes back was great reading the way all have looked out for each other.
- Chamois cream ... Idiots guide1 year 37 weeks ago@cooks - not as hard core as
@cooks - not as hard core as winter green
- FS ORBEA OCII Components: Stem and Flat Handlebars.1 year 37 weeks agoYes they are 600mm
Yes they are 600mm
- Volta Ciclista a Catalunya1 year 37 weeks ago3rd and 13th! Not bad
3rd and 13th! Not bad considering I've only got 4 riders left!
- UCI Technical Regulations update: Socks, helmets and hydration packs all come under scrutiny1 year 37 weeks agoJohn Stevenson wrote:TheyJohn Stevenson wrote:
They could have done us all a favour AND solved the QR problem by mandating the use of proper over-centre cam QRs.
These slightly reduce the tension in the skewer in the last few degrees of the lever movement, so that the tension has to increase before the skewer can come loose. This is how good QRs work, such as Shimano's and Campagnolo's. There is therefore no need for lawyer lips as it's physically impossible for a fully-closed QR to come loose.
You're dead right, John, but it's not going to happen. The lawyers cannot control what piece-of-shit QR gets put on the cheapest supermarket bikes to keep the price low nor can they mandate how people use them correctly even if everyone was compelled to use correctly-designed QRs. So we now have the lowest-common-denominator solution applied to top-level equipment and the best trained and motivated mechanics imaginable. The teams must be seething.
- Updated: Follow-up to classic Paris-Roubaix film A Sunday In Hell secures crowdfunding (+ video)1 year 37 weeks agoAs much as i'll most likely
As much as i'll most likely watch it at some point if its made, just not that much of an interest to donate. Although we could have had a Road.cc whip round for £5000 and got a Road.cc private screening
- turbo help needed1 year 37 weeks agoI had this problem with a
I had this problem with a speedmatic recently.
Get the tyre to contact the wheel and then give he black knob three full rotations
then it won't skip or run light
then get yourself some sufferfest
- Team GB 2012 kit unveiled - three cheers for the, er, turquoise, white and blue1 year 37 weeks agoGkam84 wrote:I just readGkam84 wrote:
I just read BBC's news about it and saw this
LONDON 2012 TEAM SPONSORS
USA - Nike
Russia - Bosco
Germany - Bogner, Adidas and Sioux
Australia - Adidas
China - Anta for the formal uniform, various sponsors for sports kit
Great for British business then
Please correct me if Ive taken this the wrong way but were you expecting the Olympics to create a boom in the british sports apparel industry due to the supply of national kit to various global national teams?
- Team GB 2012 kit unveiled - three cheers for the, er, turquoise, white and blue1 year 37 weeks ago"Get rapha to do it" really?
"Get rapha to do it" really?
- Dwars door Vlaanderen & E3 Prijs Vlaanderen on the side1 year 37 weeks agoOk time to blow my lead..
Ok time to blow my lead..
Philippe Gilbert (BMC)40.0
Daniele Bennati (RSN)24.9
Oscar Freire (KAT)22.2
Sylvain Chavanel (OPQ)25.2
Carlos Barredo (RAB)15.2
Xavier Florencio (KAT)2.8
Christopher Sutton (SKY)2.8
Yaroslav Popovych (RSN)9.9
Nikolas Maes (OPQ)5.2
(Out, Lloyd Mondory (ALM) 18.1, Matthew Goss (GRE) 33.2, Jos van Emden (RAB) 13.8 & Frederik Veuchelen (VCD) 6.1)
- Chamois cream ... Idiots guide1 year 37 weeks agoI use Deep Heat, because I'm
I use Deep Heat, because I'm a badass.
- what would you do???1 year 37 weeks agopolka_dot_pants wrote:
If wepolka_dot_pants wrote:
If we all just take a few seconds to help or at the very least check that someone is alright with what they're doing, then hopefully the world will be a slightly better place.
- heads up about lidl1 year 37 weeks agoSocks are good, and the pumps
Socks are good, and the pumps are surprisingly good too. I've had one for a few years now. Might pick up one of the computers too, apperantly it tells temp and all sorts. might just put it on the handlebars and not connect it.
- FS ORBEA OCII Components: Stem and Flat Handlebars.1 year 37 weeks ago600mm I believe.
600mm I believe.
- Team GB 2012 kit unveiled - three cheers for the, er, turquoise, white and blue1 year 37 weeks agoCould we afford that to
Could we afford that to happen?
- FS ORBEA OCII Components: Stem and Flat Handlebars.1 year 37 weeks agoHow wide are these?
How wide are these?
- UCI Technical Regulations update: Socks, helmets and hydration packs all come under scrutiny1 year 37 weeks agoSo glad that The League
So glad that The League International exists outside of this clipboard and blazer world and is not under the control of the inept and corrupt UCI and allows many races to take place with a minimum of officialdum
- Shimano 2300 groupset *Brand New*1 year 37 weeks agoThanks for pointing that
Thanks for pointing that out...
Now selling as a whole groupset.
- Shimano 2300 groupset *Brand New*1 year 37 weeks agoBUMP
- UCI Technical Regulations update: Socks, helmets and hydration packs all come under scrutiny1 year 37 weeks agoThe sheer lack of logic
The sheer lack of logic appalls me. Lawyers lips FFS! why are they needed except to keep lawyers happy.
the idiots ban all these little things but allow lycra! crakcers as they banned it for downhilling!
- Volta Ciclista a Catalunya1 year 37 weeks agocarl simpson wrote:i havecarl simpson wrote:
i have uran & monocutie aswell
Well thats good for todays stage
- "puncture resistant" tyres1 year 37 weeks ago+1 for michelin krylion I
+1 for michelin krylion I think everyone else has covered the positives so I'll cover the bad points. They can be a pain to fit and they are the least comfortable tyres i've used although the 25's are better on both fronts. So overall the best tyres i've used
- Team GB 2012 kit unveiled - three cheers for the, er, turquoise, white and blue1 year 37 weeks agowild man wrote:As forwild man wrote:
As for sportsmen wearing red winning- I read one critique of the study which claimed the reason football teams in red win more is simply cause they can pick out their team mates better, so we should be ok now the madison's gone.
The one I read about was taekwondo, where the competitors wear either red or blue vests. Judges were shown film of close bouts. What was neat was that they used video processing to swap the colours of the red and blue vests around. The judges were more likely to decide that the red competitor had won.
- turbo help needed1 year 37 weeks agoSounds like you might not
Sounds like you might not have enough pressure on your back wheel. If the tyre is just touching the flywheel it probably isn't turning it properly...just my 2p worth.
- Newbie road cyclist getting his summer gear. Any Rapha discount or free delivery codes?1 year 37 weeks agoI noticed you got a warm
I noticed you got a warm reception to Rapha on Bike Radar aswell, I think everyone is simply trying to say, don't pay over the odds for overpriced gear
1, It does not improve your cycling
2, As a "newbie" to road cycling, your being advised to look elsewhere at better and cheaper alternatives for very good reason's, you might not stick with the road, you may not enjoy it, you can get the same and better quality items for alot less
3, As with everything clothing in life, there at top end designer brands which only a few dedicate themselves to and select others can afford all the time, thats why you will find people telling you to look else where
We are only trying to be helpful and give you our advice, if you cant find a code through google, then i doubt anyone else will find one for you, Rapha codes do seem far and few between unless they have a special reason to give them out