- VUELTA Stage 4 Barakaldo-Estacion de Valdezcaray1 year 28 weeks agoJust as well the combat
Just as well the combat number is not being scored. They changed it overnight from Valverde to Gilbert
- Trek U23 Genuine pro team kit1 year 28 weeks agoWaiting for your response
Waiting for your response again..
- ITV 4 Cycling Show1 year 28 weeks agoif there's anything specific
if there's anything specific you want to know, just bob it below and we'll let the road.cc hive mind have a crack at it
- Updated: Sir Chris Hoy scotches rumours of X Factor spot - and Bradley Wiggins isn't a fan either1 year 28 weeks agoOf course they're not
Of course they're not interested, that's cos they have more taste than the dross who follow this rubbish!
Exploitation of people, as this rubbish tv show has in spades, is running out of ideas, and hopefully has it's days numbered ...
- ITV 4 Cycling Show1 year 28 weeks agoWhy not just use a search
Why not just use a search engine to find out the meanings behind the jargon? It works for most topics, including cycling.
As for mechanics, there's a video tutorial on Youtube for pretty much everything.
- Texas judge dismisses Armstrong lawsuit seeking to halt USADA proceedings but highlights "troubling aspects" of case1 year 28 weeks agoGood grief this makes for
Good grief this makes for irritating reading!
The judge should read up more on this case - it is not 'many years' since the alleged doping offences occurred, since this USADA allegations cover his comeback in 2009 as well as the seven TdF wins.
It is hardly surprising that the three bodies can't work together since - as he pointed out - the UCI clearly do not wish to prosecute Armstrong (why? who the hell knows but it surely doesn't have anything to do with cleaning up cycling!) and if allegations are true, they actively helped him to cover up his doping in exchange for a bribe. Also this action from USADA has come about because every other attempt to drag this into the light of day has been quashed.
Also not unusual to offer lesser sanctions to those who confess and give evidence - in the criminal courts this is de rigeur, and the main weapon in catching members of organised crime (which is pretty much what Armstrong is accused of).
As for doing damage to the sport of cycling...hmph! Is there really anyone out there who still believes that the Armstrong years were clean? Despite the drop-off in climbing times and mountain ascents? despite all the evidence given to us from the blood passports? despite the fact that virtually every competitor Lance rode against has been caught or confessed?
I'm sure there are some of you out there who DO believe this...along with Father Christmas and the tooth fairy.
- Sneak peek: Genesis 2013 bike range1 year 28 weeks agoCouldn't they make the Croix
Couldn't they make the Croix de Fer a bit more exciting colour wise? Last year dull white and this year even duller boring old black. Yawn ... they can do the new Vapour in that lovely green or the Equilibrium in that great copper finish, why not their 'flagship' bike?
- VUELTA Stage 4 Barakaldo-Estacion de Valdezcaray1 year 28 weeks agoMartin in the break
Martin in the break
- ITV 4 Cycling Show1 year 28 weeks agoFirst welcome to the
First welcome to the wonderful and diverse world of cycling. I'm sure most folk in the forum will happily answer questions. If not there's plenty of info and mags out there. Must admit, you have set yourself up with the HiViz comment - me I don't wear it as it is a magnet for cars. Decent lights get me seen at night anyhow - off to find a hiviz big enough for the motor just to be on the safe side
- Fantasy Cycling 2012 Total Rider Scores1 year 28 weeks agoNo you are right fraser
No you are right fraser
If you want to see all the scores. Click on riders. If you want to switch races, click the competition drop down, choose the race and then click on riders again
- Fantasy Cycling 2012 Total Rider Scores1 year 28 weeks agoClick on the 'riders' tab
Click on the 'riders' tab then click on a rider's name to see his total scores.
edit: actually, thats only for riders riding the current race
- Jens Voigt signs up to race for one more season with RadioShack-Nissan1 year 28 weeks agoNoMapNoCompass wrote:"HeNoMapNoCompass wrote:
"He joined Leopard Trek for the 2011 season after the demise of his former outfit, Cervelo TestTeam, which he had joined, when it was called Team CSC, in 2004."
Top class journalism there folks.
You should probably correct that, don't think the Jensi ever raced for the Cervélo Test Team. Even then, the CTT was never anything to do with CSC.
Quite right, dangers of writing before first coffee of the morning. I'll go sit in the corner with the dunce's cap on.
- Who is going where ?1 year 28 weeks agoHere are the other's that are
Here are the other's that are moving
Duggan to Spidertech
Capecchi and Szmyd to Movistar
Nibali, Agnoli and Vanotti to Astana
Nerz and Oss to BMC
Flecha to Vacansoleil-DCM
Nordhaug to Rabobank
Appollonio is off to AG2R
Tschopp is off to this new IAM Cycling team
Hutarovich to AG2R
Rasch to IAM Cycling
Hinault to IAM Cycling
Lemarchand to Cofidis
Nuyens to Garmin
Matthews to Greenedge
Fuglsang to Astana
Kiserlovski to RSNT
They are also trying to bring in Cancellara, Elmiger, Kristof Goddaert, Tony Gallopin, Mickael Buffaz, Geoffrey Soup and Rémi Cusin
I wouldn't be surprised to see Michael Albasini go there as his dad's one of the guys setting it up
Already signed are Hinault, Rasch, Tschopp
Andrea Guardini is leaving Farnese for Astana
Samuel Dumoulin is leaving Cofidis for AG2R
Carlos Betancur is leaving Acqua & Sapone for AG2R
Romain Hardy from Bretagne-Schuller to Cofidis
Jerome Coppel from Saur-Sojasun to Cofidis
Marko Kump from Adria Mobil to Saxo
Looks like its going to be a busy transfer market if this is anything to go by
Incase you are wondering how I found all this out??
I got BORED at 2am and decided to go through EVERY rider that had a Wikipedia entry and see if there was any gossip, thats how I harvested all those links above
SO every team here
Also, its amazing how many former dopers are at continental level that I never knew about and thought they had disappeared forever. Here's an example
- Who is going where ?1 year 28 weeks agoKiserlovski to
Kiserlovski to RSNT
- VUELTA Stage 4 Barakaldo-Estacion de Valdezcaray1 year 28 weeks agoNicolas Roche (ALM) (for Ten
Nicolas Roche (ALM) (for Ten Dam)
Fredrik Kessiakoff (AST)
Eros Capecchi (LIQ) (for de Gendt)
Daniel Moreno (KAT)
Bart de Clercq (LOT)
Johan Vansummeren (GRM)
Paolo Tiralongo (AST)
Gorka Verdugo (EUS)
Rinaldo Nocentini (ALM)
No-one in the break
- Who is going where ?1 year 28 weeks agoDarthshearer wrote:ApparentlyDarthshearer wrote:
Apparently JTL has signed for a World Tour team, now I wonder who that could be
Saxo He's already signed a letter of intent to join them, but they are keeping transfers quiet until the end of the season. Because they fear riders will be dropped from further races so they do not score UCI points
- USA pro cycling challenge1 year 28 weeks agoLooks like some of the folks
Looks like some of the folks who fared well in the TdF, Olympics, etc. are finding the high altitude to be an issue. Noted, for next year.
- Anyone bought anything cool recently1 year 28 weeks agoI have recently acquired the
I have recently acquired the new book about Reg Harris.
I did not buy it as it was sent to me by the author; Robert Dineen for giving a little help in his research.
How cool/smug is that?
It's a cracking warts-and-all read and I would advise everyone to buy their own copy. There are various offers from Waterstones and Amazon. It also comes in Kindle format. Enjoy.
- VUELTA Stage 4 Barakaldo-Estacion de Valdezcaray1 year 28 weeks agoId say either swift or
Id say either swift or degenkolb, not decided yet
- Sneak peek: Genesis 2013 bike range1 year 28 weeks agoMaximo
I've had my 2011 Croix
I've had my 2011 Croix de Fer for 18 months now. In that time it has done everything from regular commuting, bike camping with tent, Muddy Hell CX race, the cobbles in the Tour of Flanders sportive, the South Downs Way and regular hacking around the lanes. Only thing I did was swap the rear cassette out to a 28-11 which is roughly what they have these days anyway. I swap tyres depending on need but honestly this thing is bombproof. I can only afford the one bike and this has done everything I've needed.
- VUELTA Stage 4 Barakaldo-Estacion de Valdezcaray1 year 28 weeks agoSwift for Henao I guess?
Swift for Henao I guess?
I'll probably be bringing in Degenkolb,Swift and Bouhanni and possibly even PhilGil depending on whether I progress up the standings or not.
Best 'transfer' news of the day......one more year for 'The Jensie'
- Glasgow appoints 'Cycling Czar'1 year 28 weeks agoFrank McAveety has a slightly
Frank McAveety has a slightly checkered past, it's true
It is also worth noting however that he has been active in winning investment for Schools, establishing the Local Authority Standards Committee and pushing for free entry for schoolkids into SPL matches
I personally have little time for the Labour party in general and Glasgow City Council in particular - but there are FAR worse candidates for this role and to his credit he does work hard in the roles he is given (pork-piegate not withstanding)
- VUELTA Stage 4 Barakaldo-Estacion de Valdezcaray1 year 28 weeks agostupid computer making me
stupid computer making me post twice
- Genetic Metazoa Road Brake calipers1 year 28 weeks agoEven better value
Even better value here!
- VUELTA Stage 4 Barakaldo-Estacion de Valdezcaray1 year 28 weeks agoI guess if you look at like
I guess if you look at like that, gonna bring in another lampre guy tomorrow and be rid of machado and then another star sprinter
Yup he is, i was torn between going for him or verdugo