- THE bike build1 year 8 weeks ago+1 for Colnago master with
+1 for Colnago master with super record
- THE bike build1 year 8 weeks agoI'm planning a frame build
I'm planning a frame build for a significant work anniversary - as you say a nice 853 frame with a good paint job, handbuilt (by me) wheels and campy bits.
For a dream carbon bike I'd want something reasonably rare - probably a Time NXs or Look 695.
In Steel I'd go for a Colnago Master with Super Record.
- Cannondale 2013 launch: 655g SuperSix Evo Black1 year 8 weeks agoI know this review is from a
I know this review is from a while ago now, but I have this bike and wanted to correct a major mistake...
When I say major, it's not the end of the world but most people looking at buying one of these, will be very attracted to it's weight!
The reviewer is correct on occasion, but gets the figures mixed up along the way. Easily done!
This frame (and forks) does use the 'nano' glue to make it 40 grammes lighter... This reduction in weight doesn't bring the weight down FROM 695g, it brings the weight down TO 695g!
Trawling through t'internet, and the Cannondale site, you'll find it's the Black version that is the one with the weight down to 'sub 700 grammes'! And just to verify this to myself, I had every single part of my bike laid out in bits! (This was because I had a new frame under warranty - due to a crap BB.) (And because I am that 'anal'!!!)
My 56cm frame (on calibrated scales) weighs: 694.6 grammes! This is minus the derailleur hanger, but included the little plastic cable guide (behind the seat-post - where the rear inner brake cable exits the frame). I even removed the cable guide that sits under the BB! Which in case you're wondering, weighs 4.1g!
Hope this is of interest - to someone!
- Win a Bianchi L'Eroica t-shirt and sweatshirt1 year 8 weeks agoYes please.
- Minor injuries and cyclist deaths are down in Greater Manchester - but there's a significant rise in serious injuries to riders1 year 8 weeks agoJaye Bloomfield tragically
Jaye Bloomfield tragically died on the slip road of the Mancunian Way (at a point where, albeit being extremely hazardous, it is not only possible to cycle but perfectly legal) last year so Gaz Walker should perhaps think before signing up to troll Peter Abel, get his facts straight and perhaps focus more on protecting cyclists and not victimising them.
On a related side issue - except for Oxford Road it is impossible to enter the city from the south of the city without interacting in some way with the Mancunian Way, with none of the options being particularly favourable or designed to keep cyclist safe. That is the true crime in this city.
- Win a Bianchi L'Eroica t-shirt and sweatshirt1 year 8 weeks agoYes please
- dhb Seamless Short Sleeve Base Layer1 year 8 weeks agoMuch as I rate DHB kit, £30
Much as I rate DHB kit, £30 sounds a bit steep when you consider that fancy-pants Vulpine just launched a similar base layer tee for the same price...
- Graeme Obree launches new Flying Scotsman Sportive1 year 8 weeks agoLol - part of that route is
Lol - part of that route is my weekend fun-run - but I'm not daft enough to bounce up and down those hills around Darvel
- Best vehicle you've ever drafted?1 year 8 weeks agoAt Uni I used to draft pizza
At Uni I used to draft pizza delivery mopeds - not a great tow but great fun knowing they were on a delivery deadline
- First look: Vulpine 2014 Summer range +Video1 year 8 weeks agoIn a related matter - out of
In a related matter - out of interest anyone know what the yellow bicycle is?
Nick Vulpine lurks on here a lot - he must know surely?
Nice clobber by the way
- Castelli Velocissimo Sanremo Speedsuit1 year 8 weeks agoExcellent - I always wanted
Excellent - I always wanted to look like I was cycling in one of those ridiculous 'shortie' wetsuits...
Nice 'ironic' touch with the model wearing a Lancestrong wristband, too...
- Chris Froome says he almost left Sky in 2011, tells of tension with Bradley Wiggins1 year 8 weeks agoThe excerpt of the book does
The excerpt of the book does sound like it was written with the benefit of (2012) hindsight. Sure, Froome had been held back in the 2011 Vuelta to be beaten by the colossus that is Juan Jose Cobo. But other than that he had done nothing as a pro. The rumours had been that Sky were close to binning him.
Wiggins had been 4th in the Tour in 2009 (now 3rd after Armstrong's disgrace) , Sky team leader since 2010, had won Criterium-Dauphine in 2011 and entered the 2012 Tour off the back of winning Paris-Nice, Dauphine and Romandie.
But his team mate, who had won nothing at all in his career at that point, expected to be allowed to ride against his team leader, and was cheesed off when the team vetoed it? I don't know if the ghost writer spiced it up a bit, but if that is a realistic description of Froome's mindest then the Froome Dog is a grade A whopper.
- Win a Bianchi L'Eroica t-shirt and sweatshirt1 year 8 weeks agoWould like a bike to go with
Would like a bike to go with them
- Win a Bianchi L'Eroica t-shirt and sweatshirt1 year 8 weeks agoThat would make a nice
That would make a nice difference from the hand carwash sandwich board that i have to wear for 80hrs a week.....
- Giro special: 12 exotic Italian road bikes1 year 8 weeks agoTook a Bianchi Oltre XR.2 out
Took a Bianchi Oltre XR.2 out for a quick spin a few weeks back, fitted with Super Record EPS, Rotor power cranks and deep bling wheels, £15,000 all in... and just to check the sizing for a Sempre order. After ten years on an aluminium Cannondale R700 and brief spins on a Planet X Pro Carbon and a Verenti Insight, this was staggering... my limited abilities probably struggled to get even £2,000 of performance out of the ride, let alone extracting the extra pennies worth. It definitely felt as though you'd need be Cav to get maximum benefit from this Oltre.
- Video: SRAM preview revised 2015 hydraulic discs1 year 8 weeks agoWhy do they need to issue
Why do they need to issue videos saying what's in the brakes if they've been shipping them since end of April? Surely people should have been riding them for a month.
So annoyed, was big SRAM Red fan, had them on 5 of my bikes. Had this recalled and sent back end of last year, I'd still be without a bike! Glad I've managed to get refund & upgraded (I mean that) to the Di2 Shimano version (& it cost less!). Not even a hint of compensation either, just the promise of getting the MY2015 brakes. Shame, SRAM have lost a good customer
- Win a Bianchi L'Eroica t-shirt and sweatshirt1 year 8 weeks agoIts will be the only thing
Its will be the only thing Bianchi i will ever own! Not because i dont want to im hasten to add!
- Win a Bianchi L'Eroica t-shirt and sweatshirt1 year 8 weeks agoExactly matches my sky blue
Exactly matches my sky blue bike
- Cyclists make great dates, says match-making website eHarmony1 year 8 weeks ago"No, no, no, they are leg
"No, no, no, they are leg warmers!"
- Win a Bianchi L'Eroica t-shirt and sweatshirt1 year 8 weeks agoIt would go well with the new
It would go well with the new Bianchi i am getting next week!
- Police appeal after car used as weapon to assault and rob cyclist in Preston1 year 8 weeks agoArgos74 wrote:This is goingArgos74 wrote:
This is going confuse the hell out of the Daily Mail. Gang of Eastern European guys attack northern bloke on a bike.
Very good. If only Diana was alive, this wouldn't have happened.
Best wishes to the victim, hope they catch the scum.....jail time I hope.
- Best vehicle you've ever drafted?1 year 8 weeks agogot a tractor couple of weeks
got a tractor couple of weeks back 7 miles at a nice comfy 27mph.( He did pull in at one point to let a couple of cars past, but he soon caught and past me again. )
Tried to catch a truck this morning, he pulled away from the junction, I managed to get behind then spun upto 35mph and ran out of gears bit of buffeting as I dropped back.
Moral, I need bigger gears.
- Win a Bianchi L'Eroica t-shirt and sweatshirt1 year 8 weeks agoplease
- Win a Bianchi L'Eroica t-shirt and sweatshirt1 year 8 weeks agoyes please
- Win a Bianchi L'Eroica t-shirt and sweatshirt1 year 8 weeks agook