- Hein Verbruggen says Lance Armstrong's made his life "a misery"1 year 10 weeks agomooseman wrote:We'll my heartmooseman wrote:
We'll my heart bleeds purple p1ss as they say around here.
Just feck off - you've damaged the sport enough already.
Where do you come from? Never heard that expression before.
- Craddock Cycles offer made in the UK carbon fibre frames1 year 10 weeks agoMadi wrote:£3100 for thatMadi wrote:
£3100 for that thing? That's about the same as a Guru Photon SL custom. If I'm paying that much, why am I not getting internally routed cables? There is very little color choice compared with the guru as well and it doesn't look like they do builds... Not sure why I would buy one of these over the guru...
Madi, not everyone wants internal cables, personally i would not buy a frame with internal cables. As for very little colour choice, did you read the bit where it said you could have any colour you like?
- Rapha to host four-day celebration of cycling in Yorkshire next July1 year 10 weeks agoMercuryOne wrote: I'mMercuryOne wrote:
I'm actually from Yorkshire so we'll take your money you soft southern effetes - but join in? I'd rather slam my knob repeatedly in the car door.
Rupert and Ben are most welcome where I live, if you are reading this folks, as long as you don't move my deck chair which I placed on the roadside last winter and check on regularly to make sure nobody has nicked my spot.
- Pedal-powered coffee grinder: ultimate hipster accessory or spoof?1 year 10 weeks agoOut a Rapha sticker on it and
Out a Rapha sticker on it and £350 sounds about right
- Turbo training with a broken collarbone1 year 10 weeks agoAwesome, Mat - answers like
Awesome, Mat - answers like these restore my faith in the road.cc forum community!
- Cannondale gives Christmas gift of new bike to podium hostess pinched on behind by Peter Sagan1 year 10 weeks agoIt's simple: whatever your
It's simple: whatever your personal subjective impression is, you should not accuse anyone of doping without actual strong evidence. Why even mention it in this context?
The context is Sagan acting like a silly 12 year old. He needs to take a course in how to behave like a professional top level cyclist and not a little kid. It's embarrassing. I can't believe the people on here who say things like that he's a 'breath of fresh air'. I wince at the things he does, it's like he's showing off to his mates at school.
- Birzman Velocity RG Mini Pump1 year 10 weeks ago'Will easily reach the
'Will easily reach the pressures required for road tyres'. How easily? I invested in a Lezyne mini pump a year or so ago because it was billed as easy to get up to and over 100psi, but this is not the case, at all. You have to pump until your arm aches, for so long the day is slipping by, and the tyre isn't 100psi even when you're pushing terminally hard. You have to guess at the pressure because there's no gauge.
So I'm thinking of buying one of the Birzman ones on the strength of this review, but am not at all sure that it would be any better than the Lezyne one. It would be good to have a rigorous comparison test of a few pumps.
- 12 months in jail for red light jumping cyclist who left 9-year-old girl with fractured skull1 year 10 weeks agojarredscycling wrote:Thisjarredscycling wrote:
This shouldn't be viewed in the light of cars versus motorist. It was plain wrong to jump a red light and morally reprehensible to leave an injured child laying there and ride on. 1 year is WAY to short
Don't be ridiculous. If you knew the road he almost certainly didn't 'jump the red light', a deliberate action, but accidently over-shot the bend whilst trying to maintain momentum for the climb ahead. The crossing itself is not a junction but a quiet pedestrian access to the beach. I must have driven or ridden it a hundred times without ever having been stopped by the lights.
- Turbo training with a broken collarbone1 year 10 weeks agoI snapped my elbow off one
I snapped my elbow off one Friday, surgery (pins and wire) to re-attach it on the Saturday, back on the turbo on the Tuesday. Took advice from a surgeon friend to check it was okay. Zero issues.
- Castelli or Gore ?????????1 year 10 weeks agoCastelli, can't beat the
Castelli, can't beat the Gabba kit!
- 12 months in jail for red light jumping cyclist who left 9-year-old girl with fractured skull1 year 10 weeks agoI have never understood why
I have never understood why injuring or killing someone with a motor vehicle is treated differently to injuring or killing someone with a knife, pickaxe, D lock, stale malt-loaf or licensed firearm.
The student how threw a fire extinguisher off a roof, injuring nobody got 32 months. The HGV driver who runs a clear red light and could cause even more damage gets 6 points (if caught).
There is no such thing as a "cyclist" there are people riding bikes. There is no such thing as a "motorist" there are people driving cars/vans/lorries. Draw me a Venn diagram of pedestrians/cyclists/motorists and you'll see what I mean.
People, whatever they are doing, must take account of others and be held to account when they don't. This guy did a bad thing, handed himself in, fessed-up and was punished.
- SRAM president Stan Day apologises for disc brake recall1 year 10 weeks agoWearing an IQ reducer to
Wearing an IQ reducer to apologise tells me all I need to know. You wouldn't get the head of Campag wearing a baseball cap on camera. or off camera probably. This guy looks like he would mislay his tractor in a carpark.
- Rapha to host four-day celebration of cycling in Yorkshire next July1 year 10 weeks agoGood show 'The Doctor' .
Good show 'The Doctor' . We'll be photographing for SpinCycle Magazine both days (see what I did there?) so get the kettle on fella.
- Rapha to host four-day celebration of cycling in Yorkshire next July1 year 10 weeks agostuartp wrote:farrellstuartp wrote:farrell wrote:
The gentle rumblings of the stampede getting closer......
Still nothing, maybe there is a sale on a Lidl today
I think 'Simon Timothy Jones' name dropping 'Simon' Mottram tells you all you need to know. I love Rapha. I like Simon too - although I've met him just the once. Do I want to hang out with 300+ wannabes called Rupert and Ben on a campsite, comparing overpriced bikes and swapping boasts about obscure cols? I'm actually from Yorkshire so we'll take your money you soft southern effetes - but join in? I'd rather slam my knob repeatedly in the car door.
- Closed road circuit in Lancs to be named after Olympic hero Stephen Burke1 year 10 weeks agoGreg asks what urban councils
Greg asks what urban councils are doing? A fair bit is the answer - at least in the NW. In the last 5 years:
Thameside in Manchester - race circuit
Litherland in Liverpool - race circuit
Knowsley - outside velodrome
With Pendle being accessible from Cumbria and West Yorkshire it's not a bad place to build a track.
As for the south outside London Bournemouth have a brand new velodrome and Kent a circuit. Circuits are less expensive of course and if Tesco's ever thought to combine their out of town barns with a track every town in the UK could have one.
- British woman Maria Leijerstam ahead in bike race to South Pole1 year 10 weeks agoThat's amazing, incredible
That's amazing, incredible athletes. And what a cool bike - thats what I want for Xmas!
- Michael Rogers says he's victim of food contamination in clenbuterol case1 year 10 weeks agoIf the riders really believe
If the riders really believe that there's a big problem going to races where they are going to ingest tainted food, then they need to start speaking out and pushing for change with WADA *before* they get busted.
When Li Fuyu tested positive in early 2010 I don't recall Contador or Rogers using their position as Tour winner or World Champion to champion the case of riders. No, they all spout the same shite:
"I can only assure everyone that I am racing clean and I hope to restore faith in cycling. I have never taken performance enhancing drugs and I will never test...
- Turbo training with a broken collarbone1 year 10 weeks agoI did it after a dislocated
I did it after a dislocated collarbone but on an exercise bike. Kept my injured arm in the sling position initially and then gradually moved to the handlebars without putting too much weight on it.
- Rapha to host four-day celebration of cycling in Yorkshire next July1 year 10 weeks agoMaybe they'll do a gala
Maybe they'll do a gala luncheon
- Muc-Off Visor, Lens and Goggle Cleaner1 year 10 weeks agoHave to love titles that get
Have to love titles that get right to the point
- Butchers & Bicycles Mk.1 cargo bike launches in January1 year 10 weeks agoPretty cool but doubt i'll be
Pretty cool but doubt i'll be seeing them around Arkansas anytime soon
- BikeOxford aims to attract 1,000 riders to inaugural cycling festival next September1 year 10 weeks agoNo 100 mile option?
No 100 mile option?
- British woman Maria Leijerstam ahead in bike race to South Pole1 year 10 weeks agoHow is it a mystery that he
How is it a mystery that he got frostbite. He is cycling to the SOUTH POLE!!!
- Turbo training with a broken collarbone1 year 10 weeks agoI had a shoulder operation
I had a shoulder operation and was on the turbo after just over a week, I just sat up like you would if you were climbing. Just make sure you keep it static, I found keeping my arm against my body helped the most.
- Rapha to host four-day celebration of cycling in Yorkshire next July1 year 10 weeks agoNo. Damn them and their
No. Damn them and their disposable incomes, spending money on poncey coffee and pains au chocolat in the local cafes. I bet they dont have a ferret or a flat cap between them.
Tungsten carbide drill? What the bloody hells a tungsten carbide drill? You LABOURER!