- Amstel Gold Race1 year 35 weeks agoWhat a cagey lot you are, did
What a cagey lot you are, did Gkam84 start all this
Vicenzo Nibali (LIQ)
Alejandro Valverde (MOV)
Bauke Mollema (RAB)
Simon Gerrans (GRE)
Xavier Florencio (KAT)
Lieuwe Westra (VCD)
Mauro Santambrogio (BMC)
Niki Terpstra (OPQ)
Romain Bardet (ALM)
Who dares wins Rodders
- Tour de Romandie1 year 35 weeks agoI'm in with a team of 9
I'm in with a team of 9 hopefully, purrist
- Newbie road cyclist getting his summer gear. Any Rapha discount or free delivery codes?1 year 35 weeks agoIt is expensive, but the
It is expensive, but the stuff I have gets used hard and so far looks like lasting a long time. Buy crap, buy twice. Merino mixes don't smell and are very comfy. True, it won't make you fitter or quicker, but by the rationale in some comments you'd be as well riding a kid's bike wearing rags. Do what makes you happy. I have some "normal" kit too, such as a long sleeve shirt from my LBS, but it reeks severely even with an undershirt on (perhaps that's just me...?). If I could afford to, I'd have all my gear from Rapha.
- Which brand offers best value for money?1 year 35 weeks agoI want to get something that
I want to get something that will feel that much quicker than my Boardman hybrid (which was £849. I don't actually have the money available (which is why I said within the next 12 months! )
- Oxford among first-time hosts for 2012 Halfords Tour Series along with Kirkcaldy, Redditch and Torquay1 year 35 weeks agoThere was a round in Oldham
There was a round in Oldham last year?
- 130kph!!!!!!!! can anybody beat that?1 year 35 weeks ago@ seabass - i currently use
@ seabass - i currently use endomondo and usually am happy with the accuracy. It has though at times recorded me at doing 70kph on the flat with a headwind!! It has also dumped me in the middle of the Irish Sea even though I live just outside Glasgow!!! I use the GPS mainly to record route and guage climbing etc. For speed, cadance, distance I use a wireless computer.
- Amstel Gold Race1 year 35 weeks agoTERatcliffe26 wrote:I veryTERatcliffe26 wrote:
I very rarely put 2 riders in from the same team, so dont play the teammate scoring bonus tactic at all
I have two stars who are not racing in the week, and a DS too, but I have my transfers and team planned based around that
Better hope there aren't too many crashes then! I'm playing safe and just got one star not riding midweek.
- Did I miss the memo? (grumpy cyclist rant)1 year 35 weeks agoWith this thread in mind, I
With this thread in mind, I kept score while I was out on Thursday. Only 2 other riders didn't wave/nod, and one of them insisting tailing me for th next 5-10 miles, alternating between drafting off me and yo-yo-ing off my wheel then catching up again. I do hope he found it tough!
- Amstel Gold Race1 year 35 weeks agoPozzato's out:
- What a great text from the wife1 year 35 weeks agogiff77 wrote:Congrats Supergiff77 wrote:
Congrats Super Domestique on your anniversary. Obviously the latin in your good wife can't bear to see nasty kit - health to wear and may their be many more years.
- Which brand offers best value for money?1 year 35 weeks agoGreat first budget. My first
Great first budget. My first road bike was 500!
- Geraint Thomas rides Etape Cymru route1 year 35 weeks ago£55 for a sportive entry?
£55 for a sportive entry? Closed roads or not thats Etape Du Tour money. No thanks.
- Howies Roadsign bag1 year 35 weeks agoNothing to attach a light to?
Nothing to attach a light to?
- Points for Chavanel1 year 35 weeks agoPlease ignore post - entered
Please ignore post - entered Sebastien not Sylvain!
- Amstel Gold Race1 year 35 weeks agofrankiejay wrote:Curious iffrankiejay wrote:
Curious if you guys like to pick a DS from the top couple teams that are likely to have a winner for the 5 bonus points, or is that chasing after the wind?
When there was a clear favourite (Boonen) and I was choosing between DS's, the fact that one was in OPQ would be an influence, but then in the last two races that one was Terpstra who was a good bet for points anyway. With no big favourite I'm not picking DS's on the strength of who their teammates are. Maybe in the Giro if there are 3 or 4 similar stages consecutive (flat or mountainous) and a clear favourite for them, it might be worth making sure you have a DS from their team. But as a fantasy cycling virgin I'm basically speculating, so may be way off the mark!
- Which brand offers best value for money?1 year 35 weeks agoHaving done the same in
Having done the same in January with my first road bike, I went for Planet X. Chuffed to bits with it (RT-57), done everything I want it to do. Can't go wrong at their prices.
- Anyone done/doing Vätternrundan in Sweden in June?1 year 35 weeks ago"beverages and buns" at
"beverages and buns" at 210km!.. sounds like fun. may try for next year myself.
- Howies Roadsign bag1 year 35 weeks agoawesome
- 130kph!!!!!!!! can anybody beat that?1 year 35 weeks agodave_atkinsondave_atkinson wrote:
personally i'm not convinced that GPS devices (that all teams seem to use these days) can be trusted for an accurate maximum speed.
Are you sure? I find them to be quite reliable and my results quite sensible. Then again I never have a "old-school" magnet speed reader on my bike?
Mind you, my mobile phone GPS can pick up almost immediately what side of the road I am standing on, so that seems quite accurate at least?
Thats a job for you guys in Road.cc! Find out how accurate the GPS apps (Edomondo, Strava, etc) are!
- 130kph!!!!!!!! can anybody beat that?1 year 35 weeks ago83kph, read from a speed
83kph, read from a speed sensor...and bloody scary, but it was a straight descent..and yes, 1mm of lycra aint gonna save the day if things go bad...my last off was at 30kph, only saving grace was the wet road I slid across, leg was a wee bit mangled, but I lived to tell the tale... and chicks dig scars....
- Wight Riviera Sportive - Preview Ride1 year 35 weeks agoI live here and the very idea
I live here and the very idea that no island road is ever busy has me in stitches.
It's very little different from the mainland, we have proper rush hours, traffic lights and everything! Although on a Sunday morning I suppose it won't be too bad.
Oh, I nearly forgot, the road surfaces are certainly amongst the most abominable in the country. I have lived in a dozen different places ranging from Somerset to North Yorkshire and the potholes down here are the absolute worst.
But I'll still be out there on the 20th, giving it my best.
- 130kph!!!!!!!! can anybody beat that?1 year 35 weeks agoGet me up to forty mph and I
Get me up to forty mph and I have visions of a front wheel puncture. It's not a pleasant thought.
- Coroner says pothole most likely cause of crash that led to cyclist's death, as DfT publishes review of problem1 year 35 weeks agoTrouble is, councils know
Trouble is, councils know they have a get-out of liability - it would only take one legal precedent for them to be confronted with responsibility. Last two road races I've ridden, I've broken a carbon rim due to striking the edge of potholes - when in the middle of a bunch with riders either side there's little you can do.
- Amstel Gold Race1 year 35 weeks agoUn español
- Tech round-up: Garmin Vector delay, Hand folded bikes, HBB custom kit, Craft clothing, Creux city gear, Zéfal track pumps, Vulpine comes to Pearson, Fondriest and Torpado find UK distributor1 year 35 weeks agoFull whack on some Levi's
Full whack on some Levi's variants is £95. When you consider that Levi's makes squillions of units and anyone making bike-specific jeans is a minnow next to a whale by comparison, £120 isn't completely unreasonable. Economies of scale innit.