- Frame recommendations1 year 36 weeks agodave_atkinson wrote:you candave_atkinson wrote:
you can have a planet x pro carbon frame for £299 right now, leaving you £200 for a nice full carbon fork...
Second this thought. I've had a Pro Carbon for several years and really like it.
- KBC Driedaagse van De Panne - Koksijde on the side1 year 36 weeks agovery tight on points scoring
very tight on points scoring so far, apart from Gkam out in front, and an unfortunate stage for Nickobec
TERatcliffe26 - 76
Nickobec - 26
Drheaton - 75
Chrisdstripes - 74
Carl simpson - 72
Gkam84 - 108
- LOCOG looks set to charge to watch Olympic races from Box Hill as minister praises environmental benefits1 year 36 weeks agoI see it being unlikely that
I see it being unlikely that I'll get a ticket - they were like gold dust for the test event - but I'll certainly still be up at some ridiculous time in the morning, and I'll give getting onto the Hill a bloody good go. Worked for the test event. If that doesn't work, you can still see the riders go past 9x on other parts of the loop, albeit when they're going a lot quicker.
Box Hill is my local climb when Im not at uni, and even on the busiest summer days with hikers, roadies and MTBers (I do both), I've never seen any of it fenced off to "protect the habitats", in the 6/7 years I've been riding there.
- LOCOG looks set to charge to watch Olympic races from Box Hill as minister praises environmental benefits1 year 36 weeks agoYou may not be able to pop
You may not be able to pop over to Box Hill but you can watch it in Kingston... there are no plans to charge there or on other parts of the route.
- WTT: Long shot - Trade virtually new SRAM shifters / RR mech for Durace1 year 36 weeks agoHi - no dura ace to trade I'm
Hi - no dura ace to trade I'm afraid but I'd be very interested in the shifters and crankset (if its GXP) if you decide to sell.
- Van driver convicted of killing RAF officer as he rode home on A40 escapes jail1 year 36 weeks agoAs I have said before, why do
As I have said before, why do we have this offence of careless driving. You are either in complete control of your vehicle (by this I mean driving at the appropriate speed for the conditions and looking where you are going) or you are a dangerous driver.
- Peterborough to Rutland Water1 year 36 weeks agoI would suggest you head out
I would suggest you head out of town down Oundle Road before cutting through Elton and then on towards Wansford and Kings Cliffe.
At the bottom of the hill into Kings Cliffe turn right and then safely cross the A47 and then ride into Collyweston.
Cross the main road there and head down the hill into Ketton.
From Ketton village you go straight across and the road will lead you into Normanton and onto Rutland Water.
Its the quickest, quietest and most rural route which means you minimise your time on the major roads.
- Frame recommendations1 year 36 weeks agoThanks guys. A new frame
Thanks guys. A new frame isn't approaching anywhere near necessary for me so I'll probably wait for now
Having said that has anyone built up or bought a Condor Acciaio I'd be interested to know what they think of it
- Nite Ize SlapLit LED1 year 36 weeks agoI picked up a very similar
I picked up a very similar looking and sounding unit like this by Karrimor - equally a pig to change the batteries, but owing to the sales in sports direct it was well worth the 2.99 I paid - so much so that I have 4 of the little puppies!
I only wear 1 or 2 at a time and the up and down around the ankle is great for cars etc on busy roads
- Van driver convicted of killing RAF officer as he rode home on A40 escapes jail1 year 36 weeks agoI hope the family gets a good
I hope the family gets a good civil lawyer and sues the pants off this remorseful driver. It seems the law doesn't want to protect cyclist, so let's bankrupt dangerous drivers.
- This is Real Fantasy Cycling1 year 36 weeks agoLEJOG on one of those would
LEJOG on one of those would be interesting, go half and half with beer and energy juice, then use the roof rack for tents
- KBC Driedaagse van De Panne - Koksijde on the side1 year 36 weeks agoYeah just stick with that for
Yeah just stick with that for the mountains, keeps it simple, If stage 1 is anything to go by, i'm just going to chuck teams together at the last minute without studying for all the races now
- Public sign up to sponsor leaves on Dorking Olympic cyclists sculpture1 year 36 weeks agoClarification on this story -
Clarification on this story - when we originally reported on it in January, the plan was that the sponsors' names would be recorded on the leaves of the statue itself.
Since publishing this update this morning, we've learnt that is no longer the case - you sponsor the leaf and get the certificate plus a commemorative leaf with your name on it, but your name won't appear on the sculpture itself.
- LOCOG looks set to charge to watch Olympic races from Box Hill as minister praises environmental benefits1 year 36 weeks agoyet more pockets lined at the
yet more pockets lined at the expense of the
masses .... pah. Time for a revolution ....
- A month to go to the Gran Fondo Cipollini + video1 year 36 weeks agoI,m just going to join in
I,m just going to join in with the ride as they are using roads I use on most sunday mornings.£100 SAVED!
- Pins and Needles1 year 36 weeks agomind you ive just noticed
mind you ive just noticed this was from october so i guess you have fixed this already
- Pins and Needles1 year 36 weeks agoI had the same problem for a
I had the same problem for a long while, i don't know if i'm right or not but i spent lots of time adjusting riding and adjusting some more until i found a comfortable riding position.
I don't get any trouble any more so i guess this worked for me.
- This is it... first race of the season1 year 36 weeks agoI hope it'll be a great
I hope it'll be a great experience, I'm not too worried yet. New tyres fitted last night so they scrub in before Saturday, Schwalbe Ultremo ZX's - they feel really weird until you pump them up, they don't feel rubbery at all so I was amazed at how solid they felt on the road.
- LOCOG looks set to charge to watch Olympic races from Box Hill as minister praises environmental benefits1 year 36 weeks agoALIHISGREAT wrote:Isn't itALIHISGREAT wrote:
Isn't it better that we have to pay?
Isn't the point here that we've already paid? Well, if you're a UK tax payer you have, and you could certainly argue that if the people who live in or around Box Hill wanted to go and see it for free they should be able to irrespective of whether they are cycling fans.
You would also have to wonder whether if LOCOG are going to charge whether they will be retaining a slice of tickets for the corporate sector - every one of them a cycling fan no doubt… or maybe just people able to benefit from price discrimination cos they've got very large amounts of money.
- KBC Driedaagse van De Panne - Koksijde on the side1 year 36 weeks agoThats what i was gonna do
Thats what i was gonna do with the mountain points.
Unless you think differently?
- Proper Century Chat1 year 36 weeks agoThe very thought of training
The very thought of training for the century challenge scares me. I think attempting the 100 km routes every single month would be extremely tough. Completing this would probably be one of the highlights of anyone's life. Though there are no tangible rewards to speak about, there is always the quiet pride that you have accomplished something that few others did.
- Pins and Needles1 year 36 weeks agoI think it is most probably
I think it is most probably because of poor posture. I think everyone needs to find their most comfortable riding position, because what might work for one person might not necessarily work for another. I think it might be good to also check that tire pressure in your bike. If it is too much or too little, the bumpiness of the road can be very obvious.
- KBC Driedaagse van De Panne - Koksijde on the side1 year 36 weeks agoAre we doing mountain points
Are we doing mountain points 12 lots of 3-2-1? Only way I will score more that 6.
- This is Real Fantasy Cycling1 year 36 weeks agoMaybe we could organise teams
Maybe we could organise teams from the regions
- A month to go to the Gran Fondo Cipollini + video1 year 36 weeks agoHe'll be climbing off at the
He'll be climbing off at the first hill so get your meal in before the start...