- Hit and runs reported at London Critical Mass ride + VIDEO1 year 12 weeks agoIf anyone's interested,
If anyone's interested, that's a BMW 3-series 'compact', E46 model.
- Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9070 11-speed gear system1 year 12 weeks agoYou didn't mention the
You didn't mention the as-tested-by-Wiggo feature of self-parking after breakdown.
- Driver who killed cyclist while adjusting her sat nav faces a jail sentence1 year 12 weeks agoDriving bans don't keep
Driving bans don't keep people off the road. The driver who killed Ross and Claire Simons just up the road from me in Bristol was disqualified, but driving his partner's car. He was sentenced to 10 years in prison, but I don't know to what extent this counts as a deterrent - many people have no idea what the maximum sentence is for a crime anyway.
The local MP is now doing a rather half-hearted campaign to get the maximum sentence increased, after initially saying that he was going to press for traffic calming measures in the road where it happened.
Personally I'd much rather have the latter; there's absolutely no point in someone rotting in jail for a couple of extra years if the death could have been avoided in the first place.
- New bike purchased1 year 12 weeks agoHehe.
Should've gone for the
Should've gone for the S2
- Hit and runs reported at London Critical Mass ride + VIDEO1 year 12 weeks agotradescant wrote:Here's one Itradescant wrote:
Here's one I suffered earlier this week. Ignorant Neanderthal meets token gesture cycling infrastructure. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHQupg9-XKI&feature=share&list=UUatqk5A4gOWU81xBx47AdxA
Agree with at least on of the Youtube comments. That's one for the police, not for TfL or the bus company. Deliberate dangerous driving.
- First road bike, best value upgrade?1 year 12 weeks agoGP4000's are a sweet upgrade.
GP4000's are a sweet upgrade.
- ToP fantasy scores stage 31 year 12 weeks agoIn fairness, one of the major
In fairness, one of the major reasons for having the forum is so that people who have questions or issues have somewhere to go. Everyone here at some point was new to the game and thanks to the huge growth in numbers over the last couple of years there are more new people than there are old regulars like us.
Likewise, with the growth in the game and the expansion to new races there will be things that need ironing out (short notice changes to the calendar and the way that minor races are score being the big two from this year) and here is the best place for people to express their views.
I do agree though that the old regulars do appear to have dispersed a little and there isn't as much banter as there was 12 months ago but to try and get that back I guess we need to bring the new people through and the key to that is making sure the forum is a pleasant and fun place to visit. Obviously we've had problems with some users but that shouldn't affect have we treat any other new person.
- Sizing help please - Synapse / SuperSix1 year 12 weeks agoAlso important to note that a
Also important to note that a 54cm Wilier might not be the same size as a 54cm Cannondale. You'd have to compare the geometry charts. I seem to remember reading when I was looking into it that Cannondales tend to be a bit bigger for any given frame size than most brands.
- For Sale : Vulpine £250 gift voucher1 year 12 weeks agoThanks for checking....I hope
Thanks for checking....I hope my little one will appreciate it when she's here - otherwise I will sell HER stuff and buy myself a couple of those nice t's!!
- Driver who killed cyclist while adjusting her sat nav faces a jail sentence1 year 12 weeks agoTeamCC wrote:her honesty willTeamCC wrote:
her honesty will get her the maximum sentence.
It certainly won't. The maximum sentence is 14 years imprisonment... http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/sentencing_manual/death_by_dangerous_...
I willing to bet she gets less than the absolute minimum in the sentencing guidelines, which is two years.
- Sizing help please - Synapse / SuperSix1 year 12 weeks agoSimon E, I understand that
Simon E, I understand that you're keen I visit a shop and try the bikes for size. Note the words "first step" in my prior post. Having said that, I might just gamble it... maybe the 56 (only joking) . I'll be mail ordering the bike anyway as that's the only way I can get the deal, so don't really want to waste any local shops time. Please, no more on the "visit a shop" angle, but again if there are any synapse or Super Six owners who were teetering between the 54 or 56 I'd be interested to hear your stories (however subjective and pointless others might think them).
IC1981 - With your proportions I'd have thought you'd have gone up to the 58 and dropped the stem to a 90 or 80 - exactly what you didn't like. I tend to also prefer a smaller frame on any bike I have (mostly mountain and BMX, though it would appear I followed the same trait on the Wilier). Interesting, I'm mentally swinging to the 54.
- For sale: Bont A3, size 42.51 year 12 weeks agoThe bank balance isn't going
The bank balance isn't going to stretch, sorry. At that price someone should be snapping your hand off though, I'll see if I can drum someone up on twitter
- Driver who killed cyclist while adjusting her sat nav faces a jail sentence1 year 12 weeks agoThey should be banning bad
They should be banning bad drivers for life before they kill somebody, if you get the max points that should be it, lifetime ban.
If Throbbobank showed any carelessness in handling his shotgun it would be taken away from him, a car kills you just as dead as a gun.
- Driver who killed cyclist while adjusting her sat nav faces a jail sentence1 year 12 weeks agothebungle wrote:Must be hardthebungle wrote:
Must be hard to ride a bike with that rather large chip on your shoulder.
Accidents happen, sometimes the results are minor, sometimes tragic, what punishment is appropriate for the driver and what good would it serve? The poor cyclist can't be brought back and I'd like to think that the driver (if she drives again) will be a LOT more careful?
The reason I'm careful behind the bars/wheel is not because of fear of a custodial sentence, rather that I simply don't want to cause harm to a fellow human, however that doesn't stop me from having the odd 'where the funk did he come from?!' moment.
Some years ago the Emergency Services stopped calling incidents involving motor vehicles as "RTA's" (road traffic accidents) preferring the "RTC" (road traffic collision)....
Do I think this lady intended to kill someone? Nope. Do I think that in taking her eyes off the road while in charge of a 1 tonne lump of metal that resulted in the death of someones husband, brother, dad she was criminally negligent? Yes. Do I think that the best way for the "good guys" who don't set out driving their metal killing machine with "intent" to kill but might "accidentally" have that "where the funk did he come from!" moment as a Dad or Mum hits their windscreen is by banning them from driving and letting them get on with their lives?...
I own a 12 bore shut gun? I'm a good guy but, sometimes, I find myself wondering down the high street with the safety off texting...it was entirely accidental when it went off killing 2 people as the sun was low....
How's that "large chip"? IT'S NOT YOUR ROAD....
- RoSPA calls for sentencing parity for dangerous cyclists - CTC agrees, with a twist1 year 12 weeks agoAh well then a slapped wrist
Ah well then a slapped wrist for us cyclists,
- Sizing help please - Synapse / SuperSix1 year 12 weeks agoI'm 6'1" and most sizing
I'm 6'1" and most sizing guides suggested I should be on a 58cm, but I have relatively long legs and short arms, so I went for a 56cm SuperSix. I've ended up with a 130mm stem on it after a proper bike fit (perhaps my arms are longer than I thought), but I much prefer that to a larger frame with a short stem. I would discourage you from thinking that it's all about height - different people of the same height might need different frame sizes due to having different proportions.
- Driver who killed cyclist while adjusting her sat nav faces a jail sentence1 year 12 weeks agoEverybody parping on about
Everybody parping on about why she should or should,nt get a custodial sentence, imo she should. But lets not forget the family she has devastated by her irresponible actions, they might want her put away.
So lets not forget the grieving family here,
- Current handlebar size 44. If I switch to 42 will it be a problem ?1 year 12 weeks agoJust fit some 44cm bars to
Just fit some 44cm bars to the new bike - problem solved.
- ToP fantasy scores stage 31 year 12 weeks agodrheaton wrote:You have suchdrheaton wrote:
You have such a way with words...
I do try and be nice most of the time, but lately, the only people that are using the forum regarding the game are not those enjoying it and joining the stage threads with it.
It is anyone and everyone that wants to moan about the game, its features, the racing, its scoring.....I could go on but I am bored stiff of it.
- Current handlebar size 44. If I switch to 42 will it be a problem ?1 year 12 weeks agoI was getting aching between
I was getting aching between shoulder blades with 44 changed to 42 all gone
- Sizing help please - Synapse / SuperSix1 year 12 weeks agoCrell wrote:I don't disagreeCrell wrote:
I don't disagree with what you suggest but it's about 70 mins for me to get to my nearest Cannondale dealer, so asking for an opinion on a bike forum seems a fairly sensible first step. That's kinda the purpose of forums like this.
An hour or so travel for a £1,500 bike is negligible. It's not lie a pair of gloves you can post back if they don't fit.
Asking strangers' opinions is not a proxy for getting professional advice and the right bike. You're choosing between two very similar sizes, which really requires you to try one or both for size. Even with the best intentions any opinions wouldn't really be helpful.
Sorry it's not the answer you wanted. Here's another: I'd say 54cm.
- ToP fantasy scores stage 31 year 12 weeks agoThe way my teams are
The way my teams are performing I think you have got it right already
- For sale: Bont A3, size 42.51 year 12 weeks agoGkam84 wrote:Oh my.....goingGkam84 wrote:
Oh my.....going to look at my bank balance and see, because I'd have to get pedals. I only use mountain bike SPD's....
Will give you a shout later
Got some used shimano cleats I can chuck in for free if you like (that's shimano road style yellow ones). Still usable but nothing like new.
- ToP fantasy scores stage 31 year 12 weeks agoYou have such a way with
You have such a way with words...
- New bike purchased1 year 12 weeks agoVery interesting and
Very interesting and informative. Thanks for taking the time to write it up.