- Motorist found guilty of killing Pat Kenny receives community order1 year 36 weeks agoSo if someone is out driving,
So if someone is out driving, then the sun gets in their eyes causing them to mow down a group of children for example, they can expect to have to do some litter picking or something for punishment? Plus they can drive again in a years time? Is this for real? What a shambles the law can be.
- Russian team pursuit rider Ivan Kovalev out of world championships after being hit by car1 year 36 weeks agoAnother one! This is getting
Another one! This is getting ridiculous.
Cycling must be the only sport where people try to kill you while you're training.
- Giant Defy 1 vs Canyon roadlite 61 year 36 weeks agoMight not help much - but I'm
Might not help much - but I'm also looking at a few bikes including a Canyon - seem very good for the price and spec.
Mailed them today regarding sizing did not really get a direct answer but I did get the following:
In the end if you're unhappy when the bike arrives Canyon’s 30 day money back guarantee means that, providing the bike has not been used for more than a test ride on a clean, dry surface, we can offer an exchange or full refund anytime during the first 30 days after delivery of the goods. Full right of revocation terms are available on the following page: http://www.canyon.com/_uk/terms_conditions.html
My question was more to do with Size as on Canyon's site I'm a XS/50 but on Pinarello 54.
So no further with my pondering....
Good luck and I will follow the post out of interest.
- Fenix PD31 Front Light1 year 36 weeks agoI gather that the PD31 has
I gather that the PD31 has been discontinued and replaced by the (pause) PD32. http://www.fenixtorch.co.uk/led_torches/fenix-pd31.html
I use the Fenix TK11, two of which do the business on the trails and rural roads of the Northern Highlands and I sometimes mount four of 'em on special occasions (i.e. showing off ).
As you say, investment in a set of 18650 batteries and a suitable charger is well worth it. http://thephotonshop.co.uk/page44.htm
- Vuelta Ciclista al Pais Vasco1 year 36 weeks agoIve scored it with Gorka's
Ive scored it with Gorka's score, ive done the finish line points. been decent for me so far 3 in the top 10.
Livestrongnick, i bet your wishing you never took wegmann out now from your very original team
- Bespoked Bristol: Best of British - Donhou, Brian Rourke, Ted James & the Rapha Continental1 year 36 weeks agoThat black and red rourke was
That black and red rourke was the best bike at the show. Hands down!
- Vuelta Ciclista al Pais Vasco1 year 36 weeks agoI've seen two top tens and
I've seen two top tens and they have a different Izaguirre... lets hope the one with Gorka is correct
- Motorist found guilty of killing Pat Kenny receives community order1 year 36 weeks agoSame old story.
Same old story.
Imagine any occupation where a "normally careful and considerate" employee had an "aberration" that resulted in someone's death. Would they be allowed to return to their job 12 months later?
I'm not of the opinion that prison is helpful in these cases, but the law in this country totally fails to deal with negligent driving - in terms both of "nipping it in the bud" before people get killed, and of taking proven negligent drivers off the road and only letting them back on with substantial proof of competence.
We need a campaign for more and longer driving bans for all safety related motoring offences. We have a serious cultural problem with our tolerance of minor acts of inattention that have the potential turn fatal in an instant.
- Vuelta Ciclista al Pais Vasco1 year 36 weeks ago1. ROJAS GIL Jose Joaquin
1. ROJAS GIL Jose Joaquin MOV
2. POELS Wouter VCD
3. WEGMANN Fabian GRM
4. RATTO Daniele LIQ
5. VICHOT Arthur FDJ
6. HESJEDAL Ryder GRM
7. MEERSMAN Gianni LTB
8. IZAGUIRRE INSAUSTI Gorka
9. GAVAZZI Francesco AST
10. BAILETTI Paolo UNA
11. IMPEY Daryl GEC
12. ROWE Luke SKY
13. VICIOSO ARCOS Angel KAT
14. VELITS Peter OPQ
15. SANTAMBROGIO Mauro BMC
16. VAN DEN BROECK Jurgen LTB
17. SANCHEZ GONZALEZ Samuel EUS
18. MATTHEWS Michael RAB
19. GALDOS ALONSO Aitor CJR
20. CARRARA Matteo
- Vuelta Ciclista al Pais Vasco1 year 36 weeks agoYep Luke Rowe 12th, gutted
Yep Luke Rowe 12th, gutted with team selection, if i had kept moreno rather than change to hoogerland, i would have had vichot
- 5ft Lady new to cycling, HELP1 year 36 weeks agoI think £500 is a great
I think £500 is a great starter budget. I don't have experience of buying used, but as a starter, how about this for £434:
What kind of riding/distances do you intend to do?
This does also raise the question of accessories, which you may or may not have a separate budget for. There's no need to go mad, but there are a few things you will probably want to buy, some of which you may already own; helmet, gloves, shorts/tights etc. (If you don't intend to ride for more than an hour or so, you might choose to wear gym leggings or something, rather than buying a cycling-specific item with a padded seat area etc.) Also up for debate are pedals - you might choose to ride in trainers until you are confident in handling the new bike anyway (I did this), so clipless pedals and shoes aren't something you need to focus on yet unless you want to.
I'd suggest buying in a local bike shop rather than online. This way, the staff will adjust everything to ensure you are comfortable. Don't be afraid to ask for a test ride (you may want to agree this over the phone to ensure that the bikes are available - just mention entry-level female-specific road bike, listen for the 'um's and 'er's and you will probably get a feel for whether they have anything.
- KMC X11L Gold 11 Speed Chain1 year 36 weeks agoApparently so. Although I am
Apparently so. Although I am sure I've taken one apart before.....
For the same gold effect, simply don't lube your chain for months. Result= nice golden patina, orangy gold and squeeky.
- Vuelta Ciclista al Pais Vasco1 year 36 weeks agoRojas takes the bunch sprint
Rojas takes the bunch sprint from Poels and Wegmann, followed by Ratto, Vichot, Hesjedal, Meersman, Izagirre. Luke Rowe around 12th I think.
- Bespoked Bristol: Best of British - Donhou, Brian Rourke, Ted James & the Rapha Continental1 year 36 weeks agoThe Donhou bikes are on
The Donhou bikes are on display in the London bike cafe/bar Look Mum No Hands, for anyone who missed the show and lives/works near the Old Street area.
- Motorist found guilty of killing Pat Kenny receives community order1 year 36 weeks agoGetting drunk and tweeting
Getting drunk and tweeting the world to show you are an ignorant racist gets a custodial sentence. Killing someone in your car doesn't. Bonkers.
- Motorist found guilty of killing Pat Kenny receives community order1 year 36 weeks agoA 12 month driving ban ? What
A 12 month driving ban ? What a disgrace. Why can't the idiot be banned for life ?
No-one needs to drive. I am 50 years old and have never owned a motor vehicle of any description and don't intend to.
British justice is naught but a joke.
- Bont Vaypor White Leather Road Shoes1 year 36 weeks agoBont Vaypor - anyone know of
Bont Vaypor - anyone know of a UK stockist? The one listed on Saddleback's website tell they they're not a stockist. Saddleback have yet to reply to my request for information. Perhaps the greater people of Roadccland know where I can get a pair?
- Bespoked Bristol: Best of British - Donhou, Brian Rourke, Ted James & the Rapha Continental1 year 36 weeks agono mention of the stunning
no mention of the stunning red Villiers Randonneur that was there, shame....
- SRAM Red gear set-up1 year 36 weeks ago3 months sounds like too
3 months sounds like too short a time frame, but worn chainrings are another reason why SRAM overshifts, in my experience
- SRAM Red gear set-up1 year 36 weeks agoCheers. Going to get the bike
Cheers. Going to get the bike looked at by a qualified mechanic, I've exhausted my skills now.
- Motorist found guilty of killing Pat Kenny receives community order1 year 36 weeks ago“I accept you are normally a
“I accept you are normally a careful and considerate driver – this was a complete aberration. Your carelessness was failing to see Mr Kenny and his bicycle.”
So not seeing another road user until you hit them is compatible with being a careful and considerate driver now, is it?
- ice bath or compression tights?1 year 36 weeks agoAt the level of intensity
At the level of intensity that you'll be riding there is going to be minimal if any micro-trauma to your legs. Yes they'll get tired and the cumulative effect of fatigue will have some significance, and as they say on the site the MAIN issue is in recovery.
Remember that it takes 24-48 hours for recovery strategies to 'work' - so you need a rolling recovery strategy that includes recovery type drinks and food *while* you are riding. Waiting until the end of the day is too late - you will have riddden two more days before it kicks in and you'll always be playing catch up. Interestingly the best way to get this is through your drinks - ideally ones that DON'T have artificial sweeteners as they absorb poorly and reduce the bio-availability of the nutrients and electryolytes in them - and with calorie-dense foods with protein added to keep your mouth and stomach from getting bored!
Micro-recovery while on the bike as and when you can and resting as much as possible at the end of each day will help too. As I say, a warm bath, and a gentle massage and a few exercises to maintain a full Range of Movement after a long day is simple, and works!
It's very easy to over-complicate things - especially when you have conflicting advice and suggestions.
Consider this though. When you put your legs in icy water for 7-10 minutes (the first 5 are the worst and your feet will HURT, then they equalise and after that it feels fine) they pretty much stop working when you get out, and if you stumble and overwork a cold muscle it WILL tear!! So unless you have the facility to transfer directly into a warmer bath to re-warm those legs......
Nice little anecdote for you: I participated in a 10 marathons in 10 days event in which the most uninjured runner was the one who avoided ice baths like the plague - there were a couple of fellas who started getting all competitive about the temperature and duration of their Ice Baths - 5°C for 20+ minutes - and their performances deteriorated as the event progressed.
As for me, I ran my fastest marathon on the last day!
I applied the same principle when I rode 10 Fred Whittons in 10 Days last year for charity, and got progressively quicker on average as the event progressed.
OK - so it's "anecdote" and not "evidence", but with any luck someone will pipe up and present a different viewpoint and allow you to draw your own conclusions.
Good luck with the event.
- Motorist found guilty of killing Pat Kenny receives community order1 year 36 weeks agoMy sympathies are with the
My sympathies are with the family of the victim
- 5ft Lady new to cycling, HELP1 year 36 weeks agoThanks Fishy & Notfastenough
Thanks Fishy & Notfastenough for your replies, I am hoping to spend max £500, either on a new bike or a good used bike, I have been told to try 47cm frame, but honestly its a minefield out there, am I being naive on the money??
- Motorist found guilty of killing Pat Kenny receives community order1 year 36 weeks agoThis is an absolute
This is an absolute disgrace.... Justice?????
Who the hell even thinks like this? Where the hell is the justice? With justice like this being dished out why should anyone give a monkey's about cyclists, pedestrians or any other motorists - it's not rollerball judge!
Steal something from a shop, oh' and whatever you do, don't forget to pay your tax as for similar 'offences' as these one can expect the same as killing someone and leaving thier family without Dad, Grandad, Brother, Sister, Son,,,, and so the list goes on.
When will this Government ever do something REAL about this recurring nightmare instead of pontificating, self congratulating and attending Canary Wharf recent tax reduction celebrations.
My sincere feelings go to the family - certainly not to the driver, or the judge - everyone has thier judgement day.