- Amstel Gold Preview: Is Philippe Gilbert the only man who can stop Peter Sagan?1 year 14 weeks agoPerhaps a couple of podium
Perhaps a couple of podium boys may curb his enthusiasm....
- Yorkshire cyclist convicted of assault on van driver after court rejects self-defence claim1 year 14 weeks agoThose of you that know of the
Those of you that know of the " Cyclingsilk.blog " will be reading his latest letter to the " DPP "!:
Daily commute by Martin Porter wearing a camera , tends to become a battle with the CPS , to accept the footage recorded , as evidence of " Lethal Bullying behaviour by drivers encased in ton of metalwork !
When a " Practicing Lawyer cannot get the Legal System to see his views of the outrageous , what chance do we simpletons have with those that think OUR WELFARE , counts for nought ?
Meanwhile i will continue to try to find a way to consign phat mc splat to an ignomineous footnote in UCI History !
- WTD/SWAP: Rapha LS jersey large for Howies Slipsteam LS1 year 14 weeks agoWhile we're at it, I fancy
While we're at it, I fancy swapping my DHB shoes for some Sidis. Anyone?
- Jury fails to reach verdict in lorry driver death case1 year 14 weeks agoFor all anyone knows the
For all anyone knows the lorry driver could have been in his lane, the cyclist in the hard shoulder and then was reaching for a bottle or for any other reason just weaved for a second. That's all it takes. Since there really is NO concrete evidence for what happens, you can't make a conviction, and rightly so.
- Novatec Shimano/SRAM Hub Compatibility1 year 14 weeks agoracingcondor wrote:Yes.racingcondor wrote:
Yes. Freehub splines are the same for Shimano and SRAM.
Turns out that the splines are the same. Unfortunately the outside diameter on this particular hub is larger and therefore the SRAM cassette doesn't fit.
Anybody got a Shimano 10 speed cassette for sale?
- Video: MTN-Qhubeka film looks back at WorldTour debut and Ciolek's win in San Remo1 year 14 weeks agoWell deserved, great concept!
Well deserved, great concept!
- Jury fails to reach verdict in lorry driver death case1 year 14 weeks agoResident (part time) lorry
Resident (part time) lorry driver here..
I've been driving in an artic, fully rested, quiet road and all of a sudden I've been edging into the hard shoulder, lorries handle completely different cars and unlike cars take longer to 'correct' once they have gone off track, was I driving dangerously when my lorry drifted over? Of course not.
The charge against the driver was causing death by dangerous driving, from the information in the story it's not clear, certainly to me that he was doing that.
To turn it around to cycling, if you were riding down the high street in a 'normal' fashion and struck a pedestrian, it doesn't automatically mean that you were 'dangerous'.
Sorry if that goes against 'the whole world is against cyclists' attitude that is sometimes prevalent on here.
- Enrico Gasparotto and Thomas Löfkvist both hit by vehicles in training crashes1 year 14 weeks agoWell known riders getting
Well known riders getting hurt and pretty girls getting killed are the most newsworthy for newspapers. Hopefully the deaths of pretty girls are starting to push the balance but I fear it'll take a few more yet.
- New Forest row: Sportive organiser warns riders to follow Highway Code... and locals will be watching1 year 14 weeks agoLook like Sundays event has
Look like Sundays event has been cancelled due to the bad weather. The event headquarters at New Park is flooded and as it 95% grass (now deep mud) things aren't looking good for parking.
No doubt the NIMBY's will claim a victory following todays protests.
- Jury fails to reach verdict in lorry driver death case1 year 14 weeks agoObviously some ardent
Obviously some ardent anti-cyclists on that jury.
- Amstel Gold Race1 year 14 weeks agoMoser for purist, valverde
Moser for purist, valverde for standard would be my shout. Can't wait for tomorrow, I love the ardennes races!
- Bespoked Bristol 2013 + video: Donhou, Feather, Paulus Quiros, Rourke, Serotta, Hewitt, Merenyi and more...1 year 14 weeks agoGhedebrav wrote:The RickGhedebrav wrote:
The Rick Feather one is delish.
Also the Shand looks right up my street. Belt drive + hub gear is the most practical combo for all utility/commuter bikes; I don't know why more bikes aren't made that way.
You have worked in a bike shop? Many people come in asking for bikes under £200. Then drive off in brand new BMW or Audis!
Shows you how much a large prortion of people value bikes
- Jury fails to reach verdict in lorry driver death case1 year 14 weeks agoWhy does it even matter? Are
Why does it even matter? Are they saying it's ok to mow down and kill a person as long as they are in your lane?
- Best Road Shorts1 year 14 weeks agoThe heart of any bib shorts
The heart of any bib shorts is the chamois, so check that part of the shorts first of all, then it's getting the correct size which can be a bit of a minefield as sizing varies so much between manufacturers - I always think that Northern European and American brands are more suited to our body types whereas Southern European sizes come up a bit smaller, meaning that you'll have to "go up a size".
As far as brands go, i think Gore Bike Wear is as good as it gets without being ripped off by "paying for the brand" by certain brands. Always Riding were doing a good deal on Summatory stuff last year and it's also highly recommended. I've Assos F1_13_S5 too but the laws of diminishing returns kicks in big time with these so you'd need to get them at a discount.
- Strada Wheels show Rail 52 carbon clincher wheels at Bespoked Bristol1 year 14 weeks agoAny word on allowed tire
Any word on allowed tire preassure for the rail wheels? And if they'll be making a 24/28 version or the 20/24 version is strong enough for big riders.
- Knee pain1 year 14 weeks agoMight very well be that your
Might very well be that your intercostal band is too tight. This is the group of muscles and tendons that runs from the outside of your hip down to the outside of your knee. It's really difficult to stretch normally, but if you buy a foam roller you can do exercises that really, really help. It's sorted my knee out quite well.
- Boris Johnson says he "won't be bullied" into wearing a cycle helmet (+ video)1 year 14 weeks agoGo into the garden right now
Go into the garden right now and smash your head against a rock.
In a few days or so when you've recovered do the same thing again but this time wearing a helmet.
- Boris Johnson says he "won't be bullied" into wearing a cycle helmet (+ video)1 year 14 weeks agocomm88 wrote:If thecomm88 wrote:
If the "evidence" is SO incontrovertible ... then tell me, why does EVERY PRO CYCLIST ride with a helmet??? It sure ain't to keep their hair clean!
I have often wondered why pro cyclists aren't used as a sample in a helmet safety study.
You have a very similar group of people riding the same routes over a period of years, and as far as I can see very few other variables. Changes in road surfaces and layouts perhaps, but nothing major.
They've been mandatory in pro races for what, 15 years now.
If helmets really did save lives or reduce injury then one would expect to see significant improvements in those figures.
Presumably it would be possible to get them from the UCI or race organisers, who must keep medical records.
The fact that it hasn't been done makes me wonder if it because the result would not be favourable to those who have an interest in selling helmets and safety gear.
- Amstel Gold Race1 year 14 weeks agoI'd go the Moser route.....5
I'd go the Moser route.....5 pt bonus for Sagan if nothing else!!
- Spring Classic Team Gone!!!!1 year 14 weeks agoNot when Spilak and Betancur
Not when Spilak and Betancur cost the same?
- Amstel Gold Race1 year 14 weeks agoMoser and Slagter
Moser and Slagter
Valverde and Ruigh
Can anyone help me make my mind up?
- Jury fails to reach verdict in lorry driver death case1 year 14 weeks agoSomeone is not telling the
Someone is not telling the truth and seeing as one of those involved is dead i suppose we shall never know who eh?
- Amstel Gold Preview: Is Philippe Gilbert the only man who can stop Peter Sagan?1 year 14 weeks agoJust place a couple of podium
Just place a couple of podium girls by the flamme rouge and Sagan will be too distracted to win the sprint.
- World Cycling Stripped Bare by Sean Conway, Mortimer Lion Publishing1 year 14 weeks agosounds dreadful
- Solo tandem rider seeks stoker for LEJOG record attempt1 year 14 weeks agoShame that he's looking for
Shame that he's looking for someone in Hampshire..... I couldn't be further away and still in England!!