- Help - carbon road bike.1 year 7 weeks agosrchar wrote:It only cost mesrchar wrote:
It only cost me £2,200 to build a titanium road bike - Van Nic Ventus, Campag Athena/Chorus mix and Zonda wheelset. That was with expensive Thomson seatpost & stem, Easton EC90SL forks, Cane Creek 110 headset and a Selle SMP Forma saddle.
That's probably the nicest build you'll get for £2200, IMO!
But really the frame material itself will not guarantee you a certain quality of ride, its about the whole package, and how they've designed the frame for a given purpose. Oh and make sue fit is right!
- Dauphine Stage 31 year 7 weeks agoGiacomo Nizzolo (Trek), who
Giacomo Nizzolo (Trek), who has pulled out, Leigh Howard (Orica) who didn't make it back to the bunch after the crash and Thor Hushovd (BMC) who has been dropped at the bottom of the côte de Lavet, are no longer in contention, shall the race end up with a bunch sprint.
Glad I went light on the sprinters today...just Demare and Roelandts for me.
- Just in: Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 Movistar replica1 year 7 weeks agoWhile perhaps not my first
While perhaps not my first choice for a replica team bike, I certainly wouldn't say no if you're giving it away.
Any chance of seeing some sort of feature about the 'available to the public' versions of world tour bikes? Just to see what some of the manufacturers produce that you could buy off the shelf that's similar to what the pros have?
- Harrogate councillor seeks £15k crowdsourcing for Sustrans report after council declines to pay1 year 7 weeks agoWhat's the roads budget in
What's the roads budget in Harrowgate? Maybe Harrowgate isn't serious, just isn't ready for transport and health for everyone.
Mind you, if it were my 15k, and Harrowgate were really onboard, I'd rather fund a cycling officer post. Maybe there's one already.
- Dauphine Stage 31 year 7 weeks agoCoppel abandons
- interesting review on food1 year 7 weeks agoNice day for a ride, although
Nice day for a ride, although the wind is getting up a bit now. Enjoy Strines, it's a completely diferent animal now it has been resurfaced for the Tour. It's like having a couple of extra gears!
- Dauphine Stage 31 year 7 weeks agoBerhane's probably in more
Berhane's probably in more purist teams than standard today....certainly in mine
Howard(involved in the Nizzolo crash I think)
Standard I bought in red hot favourite DeMare(even more so now with Nizzolo abandoned) and Pozzato(another one in the Niz crash) for Spilak and Cunego
- Maximum fines for traffic offences to rise — but will it have any effect in practice?1 year 7 weeks agoI forget where I read it or
I forget where I read it or saw it, but someone said/wrote that if you wanted to prevent motoring offenses then instead of giving 3 points on the licence and a small fine, ban the person for a year.
While a little extreme and draconian, I am sure it would minimise the number of people engaged in lawlessness.
- Dauphine Stage 31 year 7 weeks agoSTEVESPRO 79 wrote:...STEVESPRO 79 wrote:Yesterday only 8% of teams had Nizzolo... I bet a lot of us brought him in for today... What a waste of a transfer...
- ride sickness1 year 7 weeks agoWhen I ride I used to get
When I ride I used to get ridiculous headaches after riding that would last a while leaving me exhausted and feeling hungover. Essentially it was dehydration through not drinking and eating properly on the ride. Through trial and error I have modified what I eat and drink whilst I ride to reduce this.
Finding the right fluid intake is important, I use the High5 zero cal tabs great as I can drink these much easier and can't stand the sugar loaded energy drinks. This allows me to get my salt intake and I can still drink regularly. To replace sugars I make sure I always have some food with me (bananas, jelly babies, energy gels etc) that help keep me going on longer rides. I can get through water bottles quickly and on a 100mile cycle with a fair bit of climbing can easily get through 3L and always seem to need to drink more than those around me.
Nutrition and hydration can be quite personal and you may need to experiment a bit with what works for you, just make sure you are getting in enough salts to replace those lost and sugars to keep you going.
That said, there can be lots of other reasons that link to the symptoms you are having, and, as is often said, if you keep getting problems, speak to your doctor.
- fish and chips versus energy bars1 year 7 weeks agoyou have to laugh though.
you have to laugh though. keep riding, smiling. and stay off them zero cal drinks, they will be the death of you.
two bottles with pop
set off with two mars bars
stop for a pint at two in the aft
get home for five
and get the missus to wesh the bike for the next ride
- Pippa Middleton to ride in world’s toughest bike race this month1 year 7 weeks agoSo, a celebrity airhead with
So, a celebrity airhead with no discernible talent is going on an all expenses paid trip to America to ride a bike for three hours a day. And it's all for "charridee". Nope, can't see the story here. Top marks to those who are doing it for real, but the headline story here is nonsense. Why do we buy into this stuff?
- Dauphine Stage 31 year 7 weeks agoGrrrr....Why cant my riders
Grrrr....Why cant my riders stay on their bloody bikes...What a nightmare season I am having.... Taaramae yesterday and now Nizzolo......
- Pippa Middleton to ride in world’s toughest bike race this month1 year 7 weeks agotough event, good luck
tough event, good luck
- cannondale caad 8 speed claris cassette change option1 year 7 weeks agohttp://www.wiggle.co.uk/shima
The one above should fit but I think you will need a longer chain and derailleur.
- Cycle routes online?1 year 7 weeks agoRide with GPS, Strava, CTC,
Ride with GPS, Strava, CTC, Bike Route Toaster, Map My Ride, etc, etc,... your options are many but your mileage may vary.
- Stars head to Wales for National Road Championships1 year 7 weeks agoNot one mention of Jon
Not one mention of Jon Mould....
- Magicshine MJ-818 Is the Most Advanced and Reliable Rear Bike Light Unit1 year 7 weeks agohttp://seesense.co/
great bit of kit.
- FS: Scott Speedster road bike1 year 7 weeks agoIs that mean sold !
Is that mean sold !
- Maximum fines for traffic offences to rise — but will it have any effect in practice?1 year 7 weeks agoIts all headline grabbing
Its all headline grabbing stuff but fines are imposed relative to income, so save in a very few cases where an offender has a significant income, the changes will make no difference unless and until sentencing guidelines are amended.
- Pippa Middleton to ride in world’s toughest bike race this month1 year 7 weeks agoI used to work with Shu. As
I used to work with Shu. As you say, what she's attempting is properly hard core. The amount of training and dedication she's put in is simply awesome!
She's raising money for Herts. Air Ambulance, you can sponsor her here: http://www.justgiving.com/ShuRAAM
- Pippa Middleton to ride in world’s toughest bike race this month1 year 7 weeks agoGood Luck to all Solo and
Good Luck to all Solo and Team riders taking part in RAAM 2014. Thanks for the mention road.cc. Please visit our website for more information - we are racing for Asthma UK spinhalers.co.uk
- British Cycling release new technique video series + videos1 year 7 weeks agoLove GCN - great video's with
Love GCN - great video's with great advise.
Mind you I am still waiting to see their comical interpretation of the 'how do bike racers go to the toilet' question that was recently asked on youtube... I live in hope of another classic Mat Stephens video though
- Are bad drivers using ‘stay back’ stickers as an excuse?1 year 7 weeks agoThey've also started
They've also started appearing on large signs at the side of the road too, A2202 Addington Road for example (a 40mph limit A-road)
- Are bad drivers using ‘stay back’ stickers as an excuse?1 year 7 weeks agoStick some space for cycling
Stick some space for cycling stickers over them.