- Are you a Super Commuter? Freebies on offer from CycleScheme for 12 ride-to-work enthusiasts, plus starring role in Cycle to Work Day1 year 7 weeks agoFree stuff is free stuff. I'm
Free stuff is free stuff. I'm in.
- A bad Bike service1 year 7 weeks agoIf you've been riding it
If you've been riding it without any problems since it came back from the shop, then it was most probably OK when it left the shop, and you cant expect the mechanic to have a crystal ball about whats going to happen in a month (unless you pay extra ). I agree with several other comments. Spend money on tools and such so you can fix it yourself, rather than on 'services'. You'll get to know how everything works, why it does certain things, and if you have an issue on the road, a better chance of fixing it.
If you take it to the bike shop filthy, you can only expect them to do whats possible whilst its filthy. That's the way it is. If you clean it, you might as well muck about with it yourself, as that's the interesting bit!
- The best cyclists are more handsome, says research using Tour de France cyclists1 year 7 weeks agoSurprised no-one's suggested
Surprised no-one's suggested that this research means you can tell if people must be taking drugs by how ugly they are!
- Consultation opens on Leeds-Bradford 'super cycleway'1 year 7 weeks agoThe problem with this is that
The problem with this is that this route has been done to death, a resurfaced tow path and the major road into Leeds from Bradford way (Kirkstall road) had £25m spent on a resurfaced bus lane only a few years ago, both in great nick.
£30m would be better spent on improving all on-road routes into Leeds since most of them are death traps inc sheepscar intersection.
- Are you a Super Commuter? Freebies on offer from CycleScheme for 12 ride-to-work enthusiasts, plus starring role in Cycle to Work Day1 year 7 weeks agoEh. Have your shift start 20
Eh. Have your shift start 20 minutes later. For ... reasons.
- Le Tour Mediterranéen1 year 7 weeks agoTypical i'm dayshift on the
Typical i'm dayshift on the Saturday and i wont have a chance of making transfers, looks like i'm going to do purist for both teams for this race.
- First Ride: B’Twin Ultra 9201 year 7 weeks agoThis just underlines how
This just underlines how times have changed. I bought my Focus Cayo from Wiggle in 2007 for £950 including full carbon frame, Mavic Aksium Race wheels, full Ultegra... Now we are talking more like £2K for that kind of spec, depressing really...
- Punctured inner tubes, proper repair?1 year 7 weeks agoOld fashioned patch and glue
Old fashioned patch and glue works fine for me, just rough the edges up with the file thing, and allow the glue to part dry before applying.
Although Tesco are doing 'em for £2 a shot it's hardly worth the effort.
- Buyer's guide to end of season road bike bargains1 year 7 weeks agoWe also have a lot of bikes
We also have a lot of bikes (road, tri, mtb, hybrids) with 30% off until the 9th February.
- Tour of Dubai Stage 21 year 7 weeks agoOh - is it the slightly
Oh - is it the slightly hillier stage tomorrow? I got mixed up there. Might have a chance after all...
- Factor Vis Vires road bike1 year 7 weeks agoTarmac and dirt wrote:Can'tTarmac and dirt wrote:
Can't afford one and wouldn't even if i could. More interested in what jacket the testers wearing please?
- Tour of Dubai Stage 21 year 7 weeks agoYeah!
Did anyone see it? A
Did anyone see it? A couple of VERY narrow sections on the run-in, one bit where they went from a 5-lane highway to a narrow slip-road, impressive how they avoided crashing.
Was lucky today - points from Craddock and Miyazawa were pretty unexpected, plus Hansen adding some finish-line points to his GC. No sprinters for tomorrow though (except Phinney, who everyone has)...
- 176 junctions in Greater Manchester upgraded to improve cycle safety1 year 7 weeks agoThere are some good things in
There are some good things in this... well, one anyway, the reduced speed zones.
As for segregation? No thanks. It's interesting how the mindset behind that is manifested in another part of the description: "Where we can, Greater Manchester is also investing in traffic free cycle routes,..."
Wut? Bicycles are not traffic?
- Factor Vis Vires road bike1 year 7 weeks agoLooks like Castelli kit the
Looks like Castelli kit the tester is wearing- Jersey & Tights. Could be wrong.
- First Ride: B’Twin Ultra 9201 year 7 weeks agoPlanet-X Carbon Ultegra for
Planet-X Carbon Ultegra for half the price and better looking? £200 more for internal routing on an RT-57. No brainer?
- Ride London 100 (2014) - Accommodation1 year 7 weeks agoI've had no problems keeping
I've had no problems keeping my bike in hotel rooms (including Premier Inn). I do have a sort of half-bag though that comes up over the wheels and drivetrain to keep people happy.
- Are you a Super Commuter? Freebies on offer from CycleScheme for 12 ride-to-work enthusiasts, plus starring role in Cycle to Work Day1 year 7 weeks agoTheres a girl i catch on my
Theres a girl i catch on my route in sometimes who has a nice bum. That would make good viewing. It does for me, but the drawback is i'm 15 minutes late on the mornings i sit behind her.
- New military cycling world Hour record "excruciating" says engineer1 year 7 weeks agocool to see a renewed in the
cool to see a renewed in the hour record. I have never heard much about it since I've followed cycling. Pretty cool
- Road to ruin: Councils warn they may have to ignore pothole repairs on some roads1 year 7 weeks agoOne reason it's getting worse
One reason it's getting worse is HGVs, which have increased in size, weight and number over the years, drastically increasing the harmful impact they have on the road network.
In rural areas farm traffic has a similar effect. Tractors get wider and heavier. They damage the verge, exposing the edge of the road to damage, and bring even more soil from fields onto the road, which blocks both natural drainage and sewers. Dairy farmers are the worst offenders; to make money you need to produce more and more milk, meaning more cows and lots more feed, manure and slurry being carted around.
Another is the quality of repairs. In Shropshire many potholes and other damage to the road surface are poorly patched and not sealed so they break up very quickly.
While councils are under pressure to make big budget cuts they are unlikely to have a more proactive policy towards road maintenance. Ultimately the blame lies with the selfish bastards who voted for this bunch of millionaire muppets in the first place.
- The best cyclists are more handsome, says research using Tour de France cyclists1 year 7 weeks agoWow I must be faster than I
Wow I must be faster than I thought!
- New military cycling world Hour record "excruciating" says engineer1 year 7 weeks agoWell done to the guy, looks
Well done to the guy, looks like it was a full aero record, solid rear wheel and aero bars.
- First look: New products from Green Oil, Prologo and Red Ant Precision1 year 7 weeks agoJust thinking so bear with
Just thinking so bear with me.
Plant based sponge, ethical, from the philipines, is it palm fibre?
Now tell me that Palm production is environmentally beneficial?
That the material is recycled, fair trade etc is all well and good, but just because it doesn't cause one problem doesn't mean it doesn't cause other problems.
- Elite Real E-Motion Rollers1 year 7 weeks agoToe covers? Indoors? Turn
Toe covers? Indoors? Turn the heating on or get outdoors!
- Tour of Dubai Stage 21 year 7 weeks agowell looking like i called
well looking like i called this one wrong
- Factor Vis Vires road bike1 year 7 weeks ago"Very fast, very stiff and
"Very fast, very stiff and very expensive". And VERY ugly.
Uglier than Specializeds, and that's saying something.