- Chris Froome wants to dominate Tour de France for "six or seven years"1 year 13 weeks agoSimon, have to take issue
Simon, have to take issue with the word you have chosen to put in Froome's mouth, based on that interview. I've read ydays Times interview over and over again to make sure I'm not going mad - AT NO POINT does he use the word DOMINATE. This is an incredibly emotive word, given the history with Armstrong - and my conclusion has to be that this is a bit of trolling on your part.
Here is the paragraph from the interview, cut and pasted here:
"I ask if he is the opposite to Wiggins, which is probably a lazy question, but elicits an interesting answer. “I don’t feel like I am looking for fame or looking to be recognised for something,” Froome says. “I’ve got my goals, and personally where I want my career to go is to target the Tour, not just this year but for the next six or seven years. I am driven by that goal, not from a fame point of view.”
I'm sorry, because generally I like your writing.
But this is out of order.
- Schwalbe Marathon Plus Tyre1 year 13 weeks agoI'll +1 the Supremes.
I'll +1 the Supremes.
A issue with the Plus tyres is that if they do flat (unlikely, but happened to someone I know on the European tour they're currently on) they're a pig to fix roadside.
- Top scientists on cycle helmets: "The debate will go on (and on and on...)"1 year 13 weeks agocolinth wrote:There are justcolinth wrote:
There are just so many variables that we're never going to get the definitive answer. Personally, I always wear one. I can't believe there'll ever be an incident when I'll say "good job I wasn't wearing a helmet". I'm sure there are circumstances where it wouldn't help, but there are a whole host of ones where it would, try head butting the wall with and without a helmet. What we can't have is compulsion, its got to be personal choice
Yes, I think this is why the pro-helmet side of the debate always feels that they can play the "common sense" card. Take the study that showed that motor vehicles overtake helmet wearers 6 inches closer then the bare-headed cyclist. If a lorry narrowly missed me and the wing mirror passed by within 6 inches of my bare head I am unlikely, as you point out, to say "good job I wasn't wearing a helmet", but technically I should. Equally when James Cracknell was bashed by a wing mirror when he was wearing a helmet, he "should" have come away cursing helmets, but instead he seems to be pro-compulsion now.
btw - I do almost always wear a helmet (when cycling anyway), but like others I think compulsion would be a very bad thing.
- Top scientists on cycle helmets: "The debate will go on (and on and on...)"1 year 13 weeks agoGood grief, unscientific
Good grief, unscientific anecdotal evidence means nothing, it's proves nothing, stop with it already. All these people who had crashes with helmets on are proving nothing because they don't know how they would have fared otherwise. I've had several head injuries in my life without a helmet, I'm not brain-damaged and I'm not dead, this also proves precisely nothing.
- RITMO Rating1 year 13 weeks agomine varies from 9 to 18 did
mine varies from 9 to 18 did a 110k at the weekend and got a 14 with average speed of 16mph and a few days before I did a 27k with average of 19mph with an 11 ritmo, I'm going to keep on using it, but would of thought the longer distance would of given a lower handicap score. I would be interested to see the formula
- Schwalbe Marathon Plus Tyre1 year 13 weeks agoWhat sort of mileage did you
What sort of mileage did you put on the tyres Shaun?
Nick - claimed weights for all sizes here: http://schwalbe.co.uk/tour/marathon-plus/
Spa Cycles have a useful video showing how to fit these tyres: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XUFVrl0UT4
- Mark Cavendish heads strong men's field at road nationals in Glasgow next week1 year 13 weeks ago"eight laps of the men’s race
"eight laps of the men’s race and 13 laps of the women’s one"
if think you've got that the wrong way round
- Mark Cavendish heads strong men's field at road nationals in Glasgow next week1 year 13 weeks agoLooks like the national
Looks like the national criterium champs...
- Forum's Scorum's Mini League1 year 13 weeks agoPlenty of Overall GC
Plenty of Overall GC contenders are swamping the top of the Forum's Scorum's Tour Du Suisse leaderboard!!
- Schwalbe Marathon Plus Tyre1 year 13 weeks agoI believe that is per tyre.
I believe that is per tyre.
Personally I prefer the Marathon Supreme, they're about half the weight, better rolling and I've found them also to be virtually indestructible. For touring you're not going to get much better than either of these.
- Chris Froome wants to dominate Tour de France for "six or seven years"1 year 13 weeks agoandyp wrote:I could have wonandyp wrote:
I could have won last year's tour had I a) been really good on a bike and b) been employed by a team and selected to ride the Tour. And c) Had a lot of luck. So hey, I'll target 6 or 7 too.
This is such a useless comment it's surely worth repeating.
- Tour De Suisse stage 51 year 13 weeks agoA shocking Tour Du Suisse for
A shocking Tour Du Suisse for me.....got blown off the prologue course by the wind and never recovered!
- TDS displayed as finished on my fantasy cycling1 year 13 weeks agonot here it doesn't - happily
not here it doesn't - happily on stage 6 with 3h45 left to pick a team. sure you're not in the dauphine?
- New Stage Scoring Table Feedback and Wish List1 year 13 weeks agoenrique wrote:enriqueenrique wrote:enrique wrote:
... How about the opposite? You get two [transfers] a day, like we do now, but you can bank them forever and use them whenever you want? You can only accumulate them, not borrow. You just don't lose them, which is what I hate, especially after rest days... That'll force a little bit of planning ahead...
(Sigh!) Just reread this suggestion from July 2012 and my eyes watered...
Now this made me laugh a little bit
- FS: Condor Super Acciaio Steel Frameset1 year 13 weeks agoNow sold, thanks.
Now sold, thanks.
- Tour De Suisse stage 51 year 13 weeks agoGhedebrav wrote:Boonen a fairGhedebrav wrote:
Boonen a fair way back... perhaps he's no longer truly 'not normal'
Got to come good at some point.....although you can see why hes 12.7 credits right now!!
- Tour de Suisse Stage 21 year 13 weeks agoThat may be the case Ray, but
That may be the case Ray, but the difference is that the points from the sprints counted towards the points competition, therefore the points competition included both sprint and finish line points, so we use that one
- New Stage Scoring Table Feedback and Wish List1 year 13 weeks agoHow about a daily 'captain'
How about a daily 'captain' for double points?
- Cameras – Cyclist’s Third Eyes on the Road1 year 13 weeks agoenrique wrote:That's funny, Ienrique wrote:
That's funny, I did not authorize (or author!) this thread...
Are you running multiple accounts enrique....LOL?
- Tour de Suisse Stage 21 year 13 weeks agoGkam84 wrote:ray silvesterGkam84 wrote:ray silvester wrote:
There were seperate sprint/points competitions in the giro and we scored the points competition for positions at the end of stages and the sprint points for the first 3 to cross each point?
Not quite, there were sprint points throughout the stages in the Giro, those points were scored 6,4,2 for the first three.
These points were in the same competition as finish line points and the overall points reflected this.
With the TdS the Sprint and Points competitions are two different things
As they were in the Giro....Cav won the points competition and Andriato the sprints competition?
- Schwalbe Marathon Plus Tyre1 year 13 weeks agoIs that 970g per tyre..?
Is that 970g per tyre..?
- WTD: Spesh Toupe Pro or S-Works 130mm1 year 13 weeks agoPoggy
Thanks for reponse
Thanks for reponse
email is email@example.com
- Top scientists on cycle helmets: "The debate will go on (and on and on...)"1 year 13 weeks agoI wear one and always will,
I wear one and always will, however like others i agree its down to the rider's choice.
Everyone can come up with stories of how it did or didn't save them and thats all they are, stories, not medical facts, because we cant go back, recreate the scenario, and prove either way.
Doing what i do i can honestly say it would be an absolute nightmare, if it became law, to try and enforce it.
- Cardo BK-1 Duo Communication System1 year 13 weeks agoI'll 'fess up to using a pair
I'll 'fess up to using a pair of walkie-talkies and headsets on a trial ride with a friend. Worked fine, and avoided the endless side-by-side/single file switching, but just felt odd. Perhaps would best suit those with rainbow-striped jerseys?
- Top scientists on cycle helmets: "The debate will go on (and on and on...)"1 year 13 weeks agohttp://www.bicycling.com/sens
Have a read of this if interested. Talks about various impacts and why the stats don't stack up.
Also goes into why innovation in the helmet market doesn't move at the same pace as other areas. Ie Bikes.