- Most popular Bike Brands1 year 7 weeks agoCommute: Cannondale H700
Commute: Cannondale H700 Hybrid
Sportive: Genesis Equilibrium 20
- The Grand Départ: Cyclists tow a grand piano up part of the Yorkshire Tour de France route1 year 7 weeks agoThere are regular TTs on
There are regular TTs on Cragg Vale, I think there was one organised for last week on 3rd April. I heard at the piano pull at the weekend that there are plans for a TT on 21 June to get the largest number of cyclists up Cragg Vale in a 24 hour period. The largest number of cyclists on the longest continuous accent on the longest day. The Robin Hood pub half way up the climb will be open throughout the event. Arrangements are being made for camping. I'll post details when they are available.
- NeilPryde Bikes renames its Alizé bike following trademark dispute... with Specialized again1 year 7 weeks agodon simon wrote:If this isdon simon wrote:
If this is Specialized's new anti-sales campaign, it's working.
I, for one, have been given an even stronger reason to not buy any Specialized products.
Do they think we might be tricked into buying the wrong bike? I'm cleverer than that. Clever enough to never buy a Specialised (see what I did there?) product again.
- Fabian Cancellara wins pulsating - but brutal - Tour of Flanders1 year 7 weeks agoDo you mean Carlton Kirby? He
Do you mean Carlton Kirby? He mentions BH a lot because he's a crap commentator.
- Fabian Cancellara wins pulsating - but brutal - Tour of Flanders1 year 7 weeks agoHope the woman injured in
Hope the woman injured in incident with Van Summeren recovers speedily.
Can anyone explain David Harman's obsession with Boassen Hagen? Or in fact Sky's willingness to pay BH a (presumably pretty sizeable) salary? The guy has a marginally better than average palmares (in terms of retired cyclists, akin to Hincapie, Flecha) but he hasn't looked a threat for a big win for some years now. I reckon David Harman makes more frequent mention of "Eddy Boss" (I was a bit sick in my mouth) than any other non-podium finisher.
- NeilPryde Bikes renames its Alizé bike following trademark dispute... with Specialized again1 year 7 weeks agoIf this is Specialzed's new
If this is Specialzed's new anti-sales campaign, it's working.
I, for one, have been given an even stronger reason to not buy any Specialized products.
- NeilPryde Bikes renames its Alizé bike following trademark dispute... with Specialized again1 year 7 weeks agoFUDS!
- Barry Hoban says Mark Cavendish won't win "explosive" Tour de France opening stage1 year 7 weeks agoDoes he do Lottery number
Does he do Lottery number predictions, too?
- País Vasco Purist Competition1 year 7 weeks agoMade some changes to my
Made some changes to my standard but kept purist the same. Was my best competition last year - 9th in purist and 17th standard. I think it was a combination of Gerrans/Impey early on, Quintana/Henao, and Betancur's breakthrough on stage 3 that did it. That slow-motion sprint between Betancur and Henao was one of my favourite moments of last season, I don't think they do that climb this year though...
- Ordnance Survey launches free iOS Ride Tour de France route app with Chris Boardman1 year 7 weeks agoWhat about the free data they
What about the free data they supply through OpenData (http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/innovate/innovate-with-open-data.html)? Or, if you want Landranger for free for your website, you can use their OS OpenSpace service (http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/innovate/innovate-with-open-space.html).
From what I've found out about them, they are a Government Agency that does not receive Government funding. They make their money by selling their data and their costs have to come out of this (correct me if I am wrong). The Government does buys data from them, but I can not find any information that states that tax payers money funds OS or their products.
- NeilPryde Bikes renames its Alizé bike following trademark dispute... with Specialized again1 year 7 weeks agolevermonkey wrote:Allez Allezlevermonkey wrote:
Allez Allez - Belgian funk band 1981 to 1985
Blind Allez - Glaswegian rock band 1983 to 1997, reformed 2006 and still going I think.
Numerous songs with Allez in the title and a French horse race.
Are Specialized going to sue everyone for using a French infinitive?
That might be a stretch even for the Specialized lawyers, considering none of those things are bicycles.
I'm surprised Alex rims haven't been done yet though, or the Hutchinson Sector tyre.
- Most popular Bike Brands1 year 7 weeks agoTraining: Dawes Stratos EP
Training: Dawes Stratos EP (old 531C)
Sportive: Enigma Equinox
- NeilPryde Bikes renames its Alizé bike following trademark dispute... with Specialized again1 year 7 weeks agothey sound more and more like
they sound more and more like Crapple every day ... sigh
- If it's good enough for Vin Cox...1 year 7 weeks agoNice, I thought you'd stolen
Nice, I thought you'd stolen a picture of my own steed for a second. A well thought out ride, just missing a neat dynamo setup.
- Home page scores and overall table scores are different1 year 7 weeks agoThink this might have cropped
Think this might have cropped up again, my home page and league totals don't match.
- Fabian Cancellara wins pulsating - but brutal - Tour of Flanders1 year 7 weeks agoSad news about the old lady -
Sad news about the old lady - the video nasty on YouTube is scary evidence of the speed at which the impact happened although not sure how Van Summeren ploughed into the traffic island that every other rider managed to miss. Not the most sensible place to stand although she probably assumed the riders would safely miss her. Watching road racing is like watching rallying sometimes. Not without its risks.
As for Cancellara - when is time going to catch up with him? Total machine. We are lucky to be witnesses. Let's see what happens at Roubaix but would love to see him focus on a proper crack at the hour record after that. If anyone can do it, Spartacus can!
- Bianchi Vertigo road bike1 year 7 weeks agoYeah, you're right, that
Yeah, you're right, that Infinito CV that won BOTY on this site and had the road.cc editor purring about best road bike he'd ever ridden definitely sounds like style over substance...
- confusing deadlines in fantasy game...1 year 7 weeks agoDave Atkinson wrote:would itDave Atkinson wrote:
would it be useful to switch the times in 'upcoming' to countdown? so it says '1 day 14 hours' or something instead of the time?
It may take away any future confusion , especially for anyone outside the gmt time zone
- NeilPryde Bikes renames its Alizé bike following trademark dispute... with Specialized again1 year 7 weeks agoMulling over next Sunday
Mulling over next Sunday bike. Makes my buying decision a little easier, narrows the field by two with Tricross and Roubaix off the shortlist.
Still plenty of bikes to cross off though. Hmm. Back to teh drawing board.
- NeilPryde Bikes renames its Alizé bike following trademark dispute... with Specialized again1 year 7 weeks agoAfter the Roubaix incident I
After the Roubaix incident I decided never to buy any SSpecialized products again. Thankfully they have now shown that decision to be rational.
I also found myself rooting for anyone but Omega Pharma Quickstep at the RVV yesterday. Great team, but it's a shame they are stuck with a cruddy sponsor like SSpecialized...
- Most popular Bike Brands1 year 7 weeks agoCommute - Giant Defy 1
Commute - Giant Defy 1
Sportive - Felt Z3
Racing - Cannondale SuperSix Evo Hi-Mod
- Most popular Bike Brands1 year 7 weeks agoCommute - Boardman Hybrid
Commute - Boardman Hybrid (soon to be Boardman CX)
Sportive (Audax for me) - Zerofour Evolution Audax
Weekend - As above or Bianchi
- Advice on tires?1 year 7 weeks ago+1 for the Marathon Supreme -
+1 for the Marathon Supreme - I commute on the 32mm version and have done 4500 miles without a flat.
You could also try the Schwalbe Durano in 28... but this is heading towards durable race/training rather than absolute puncture protection.
- NeilPryde Bikes renames its Alizé bike following trademark dispute... with Specialized again1 year 7 weeks agoI have never owned one of
I have never owned one of their bikes, but had been buying shoes, helmets, gloves, saddles, bar-tape, etc. Never, never ever again! Second chance used up. Goodbye.
- Fabian Cancellara wins pulsating - but brutal - Tour of Flanders1 year 7 weeks agoGkam84 wrote:Just read onGkam84 wrote:
Just read on twitter.
"she is in a coma and has the undergo brain surgery"
That's tragic and has taken the shine off of an awesome race. It wasn't a particularly smart place to stand and watch but for an inexperienced spectator it probably seemed quite safe. You could ask about the marshalling but it was pretty hectic out there and they couldn't cover every spot. Best to her.