- Video: 5.45 Rouleur - riding in London as you seldom see it1 year 7 weeks agoI made this film with a few
I made this film with a few of my friends at Gorilla Face. It's intended as a dramatic short for the Sundance London comp and the v/o was required to add a narrative and meet the competition criteria (fully take your points about the v/o, trust me it was de-Raphad a few times before the final cut..).
Shearer27 - yep, flipped it to fill a hole in the edit. Film aimed at some of the non-cyclists out there so thought we'd get away with it. Good spot..
Thanks for your comments
- Plans to upgrade A9 fail to provide properly for cyclists, say Scottish Greens1 year 7 weeks agomrmo wrote:
The newmrmo wrote:
The new road is “unlikely to have parallel cycle routes” due to “environmental impacts and costs”, Transport Scotland told the Greens.
A new one, a road is environmentally good???? and building a cycle path isn't!
Just goes to show how completely fucked up in the head / removed from reality some people are. Whoever uttered that sound bite needs to be fired immediately.
- Womens World Cup1 year 7 weeks agoThis is my downfall as I know
This is my downfall as I know Jacqueline about women's cycling.
- Lidl cycling gear!1 year 7 weeks ago^ That was my thinking, but
^ That was my thinking, but then I guess we're all doing this with different budgets and so it may be of interest to someone. I do need some cheap glasses mind...
Agree though about the Aldi kit, couple of bits I've bought have fared well, particularly compared against own brand gear from the likes of Wiggle and Decathlon.
- Video: 5.45 Rouleur - riding in London as you seldom see it1 year 7 weeks agoNothing pleases me more than
Nothing pleases me more than smashing it past the carbon riding rapha crew in the morning on the single speed steelie with full backpack. Simple pleasures and all that...
- Video: 5.45 Rouleur - riding in London as you seldom see it1 year 7 weeks agoSchool of velominati and
School of velominati and rapha.
Yes cycling is fantastic but we are just folk in lycra going up and down hills for fun, not some elite mystical covenant shrouded in mystical ways.
Fair play, they are up at 5.45 but only because they have no choice. Peace and quiet or death by truck, your choice.
I was up at 3.45 trying to get my 5month old son to sleep, I should stick on a rapha jersey, film it in slow mo black and white and make it look cool.
- Pioneer power meter to launch mid-March1 year 7 weeks agoI just don't get the price of
I just don't get the price of power meters. They can't cost that much to manufacture and R&D must be reasonable by now as they have been available for some time.
If they halved the price, I bet they would sell more than twice as many.
Does anyone have figures on the actual margins they put on these?
- Video: 5.45 Rouleur - riding in London as you seldom see it1 year 7 weeks agoMust've been going backwards.
Must've been going backwards.
- Video: 5.45 Rouleur - riding in London as you seldom see it1 year 7 weeks agoCertainly has.. but the
Certainly has.. but the question is why?
- Video: 5.45 Rouleur - riding in London as you seldom see it1 year 7 weeks agoIt rubs me up the wrong way
It rubs me up the wrong way worse than a pair of second-hand Aldi bib shorts when people write things like 5.45 instead of 5:45.
- Tirreno-Adriatico1 year 7 weeks agodrheaton wrote:To be honest,drheaton wrote:
To be honest, the reason I stayed in was to give new people a barometer of how well they're doing, I'm by no means amazing at this game (and I keep falling down the overall, I'm 32nd now ) but if you're new I guess it helps to have something to measure yourself against.
Also, I set up the league last year after writing the guides to new players so I figure I should stick it out and keep myself in there unless people think I should drop out.
Not at all, I'm only taking the p1ss.
- UCI forbids banned rider Patrik Sinkewitz from racing in Croatia today1 year 7 weeks ago6654henry wrote:Sounds like6654henry wrote:
Sounds like Meridiana-Kamen need a ban too....
Agreed. Cocking a snook at the governing body? Get lost, chancers.
- Womens World Cup1 year 7 weeks agoGizmo_ wrote:So, it's Vos,Gizmo_ wrote:
So, it's Vos, Armitstead, Annemiek and, er, some others?
Vos's first World Cup race is likely to be La Fleche Wallone so not really.
- Womens World Cup1 year 7 weeks agoFor me it's about as close to
For me it's about as close to the existing game as adding say a fantasy football element.......willing to be proven wrong though
- Black Series RAC 27 wheels by Tune1 year 7 weeks agoThanks David, sounds like I
Thanks David, sounds like I should hold off for a while then!
- Local Bike Shops - Are they really doing OK?1 year 7 weeks agoi have an excellant lbs,
i have an excellant lbs, nothing is too much trouble, just the other day broke a spoke, so much easier to take it to lbs as new spoke and retruing was £ 7.00 cant ask fairer than that, i always go there, as ive tried other lbs and was dissapointed. the shop is in chester-le-street, co durham, called cestria cycles,
- Plans to upgrade A9 fail to provide properly for cyclists, say Scottish Greens1 year 7 weeks agoWhen I cycled lejogle a
When I cycled lejogle a couple of years back, this was the most direct route up through Scotland so obviously I took it!
An interesting ride for sure, don't think I saw a single other ride it along the entire road - however despite the lorries being pretty nifty, I found that doing the 80's universal air-horn signal as they approached me elicited a 90% positive reaction!
I found out afterwards it's called the 'tesco express highway'.....
- Womens World Cup1 year 7 weeks agoray silvester wrote:Don'tray silvester wrote:
Don't know why we're bothering with the Women's at all to be honest
Personally I'm pleased to see it there. Since the emphasis in the game has become more on individual competitions as opposed to the overall, there is no reason for anyone to play a competition they don't like. I'm not really keen on the men's one day races - they seem too much of a lottery. I still choose to play them but don't expect to do well. I wouldn't really lose anything if I chose not to instead.
- Paris-Nice Stage 51 year 7 weeks agobouhanni and TJ leaves my
bouhanni and TJ leaves my purist abit light....
- Lidl cycling gear!1 year 7 weeks agoNothing in that little lot
Nothing in that little lot looks tempting at all. You might as well go to Tesco / Sports Direct / the Range and buy their cheapo kit.
Aldi stuff is actually half decent... my 'winter' softshell (£15) has paid for itself many times over.
- Paris-Nice Stage 51 year 7 weeks agoBouhanni has abandoned.
Bouhanni has abandoned.
- Womens World Cup1 year 7 weeks agoTime for quite a few people
Time for quite a few people to learn some more about women's cycling I think. There are loads of good riders out there riding well and women's cycling is as diverse and exciting (if not more so) than men's.
It's the usual example but the women's road race at the 2012 Olympics was more interesting to watch and had a more exciting outcome than the men's.
Likewise there are really great riders out there who should be household names but aren't.
I'm quite excited about the women's races and it'll be interesting to see how they take on. Coverage is a problem and they do seem poorly organised but I think it's a great addition and I'll forward to beating you all
- UCI forbids banned rider Patrik Sinkewitz from racing in Croatia today1 year 7 weeks agoSounds like Meridiana-Kamen
Sounds like Meridiana-Kamen need a ban too....
- Tirreno - Stage 21 year 7 weeks agochrisdstripes wrote:Lookschrisdstripes wrote:
Looks like the break is set, 2 mins after just a few km...
De La Cruz
Good to have Malacarne in the break for my purists, was optimistic about moving up the purist overall table this week but Meersman's crash I reckon will have cost me a good 200 points. Maybe Malacarne can make up for it today...
I've got Teklehaymanot in the break, he seems to be up for the breaks the last couple of comps.
- 105 and Ultegra for future proofing1 year 7 weeks agoHas to be 11 speed for me -
Has to be 11 speed for me - future proof it or you will be unable to move stuff around in later years...Im stuck in 10 speed world now and although at the moment its no hassle I will have to make the jump soon...