- Pippa Middleton to ride in world’s toughest bike race this month1 year 7 weeks agotough event, good luck
tough event, good luck
- cannondale caad 8 speed claris cassette change option1 year 7 weeks agohttp://www.wiggle.co.uk/shima
The one above should fit but I think you will need a longer chain and derailleur.
- Cycle routes online?1 year 7 weeks agoRide with GPS, Strava, CTC,
Ride with GPS, Strava, CTC, Bike Route Toaster, Map My Ride, etc, etc,... your options are many but your mileage may vary.
- Stars head to Wales for National Road Championships1 year 7 weeks agoNot one mention of Jon
Not one mention of Jon Mould....
- Magicshine MJ-818 Is the Most Advanced and Reliable Rear Bike Light Unit1 year 7 weeks agohttp://seesense.co/
great bit of kit.
- FS: Scott Speedster road bike1 year 7 weeks agoIs that mean sold !
Is that mean sold !
- Maximum fines for traffic offences to rise — but will it have any effect in practice?1 year 7 weeks agoIts all headline grabbing
Its all headline grabbing stuff but fines are imposed relative to income, so save in a very few cases where an offender has a significant income, the changes will make no difference unless and until sentencing guidelines are amended.
- Pippa Middleton to ride in world’s toughest bike race this month1 year 7 weeks agoI used to work with Shu. As
I used to work with Shu. As you say, what she's attempting is properly hard core. The amount of training and dedication she's put in is simply awesome!
She's raising money for Herts. Air Ambulance, you can sponsor her here: http://www.justgiving.com/ShuRAAM
- Pippa Middleton to ride in world’s toughest bike race this month1 year 7 weeks agoGood Luck to all Solo and
Good Luck to all Solo and Team riders taking part in RAAM 2014. Thanks for the mention road.cc. Please visit our website for more information - we are racing for Asthma UK spinhalers.co.uk
- British Cycling release new technique video series + videos1 year 7 weeks agoLove GCN - great video's with
Love GCN - great video's with great advise.
Mind you I am still waiting to see their comical interpretation of the 'how do bike racers go to the toilet' question that was recently asked on youtube... I live in hope of another classic Mat Stephens video though
- Are bad drivers using ‘stay back’ stickers as an excuse?1 year 7 weeks agoThey've also started
They've also started appearing on large signs at the side of the road too, A2202 Addington Road for example (a 40mph limit A-road)
- Are bad drivers using ‘stay back’ stickers as an excuse?1 year 7 weeks agoStick some space for cycling
Stick some space for cycling stickers over them.
- No plans for cycle hire scheme in Greater Manchester1 year 7 weeks agoMercuryOne wrote:I wish theMercuryOne wrote:
I wish the cycle hire scheme in Liverpool well but I fear it is great for political promotion but not suitable for the city until it improves the infrastructure. With massive development underway with Peel to expand the port and turn the old docks into a Shanghai skyline we are monitoring all proposals to try to ensure practical cycle routes are actually part of the infrastructure. With Sefton CC rolling out 20mph limits the changes are pretty positive.
Given their track record in Manchester with the Trafford Centre etc I think you've got more chance of plaiting piss than getting decent cycling infrastructure out of Peel.
- Pippa Middleton to ride in world’s toughest bike race this month1 year 7 weeks agoGreat news, good for her.
Great news, good for her. Disappointed though that there appears to be no "flag as sexist/misogynistic/inappropriate" button below certain morons' comments. This is a cycling website, not the pub. Have some respect.
- Cycle routes online?1 year 7 weeks agoI used to use Bikley a lot,
I used to use Bikley a lot, now its just Strava.
- "Gutted" - Sir Bradley Wiggins confirms he won't ride Tour de France1 year 7 weeks ago'I still can't work out why
'I still can't work out why people are getting so emotional about it all. '
Yeah. Sports fans getting emotional. What's all that about. Anyone would think they enjoyed cycling rather than just treating it as a business.
- Altura Explore Seatpack1 year 7 weeks agoI have several pieces of
I have several pieces of Altura luggage - all well designed and excellent quality, helped by the fact they don't skimp on the fixings, using Rixen & Kaul.
- Sir Dave Brailsford: Chris Froome doesn't pick Sky Tour de France team - I do1 year 7 weeks agopubcyclist wrote:Theres onlypubcyclist wrote:
Theres only one way to tell who is best, they have to race eachother. I'd love to see that, I don't really mind who wins that personal battle, but the public look like they are going to miss out on that due to politics, which is really a big shame for the sport. I hope both are in good form next year and we get to see them along with Quintana, Nibali, Contador, Evans and all the rest of the top contenders fighting it out at the tour.
One of them needs to go to another team for that to happen.
- Are bad drivers using ‘stay back’ stickers as an excuse?1 year 7 weeks agobrooksby wrote:... especiallybrooksby wrote:
... especially as ones like them start to spread across the country...
It's already happening. I've seen those exact stickers on Transit-type vans in Exeter.
- Improving pedaling technique1 year 7 weeks ago+1 for Alex's suggestion of
+1 for Alex's suggestion of riding on rollers - you can really feel it when you're not pedalling smoothly on them. The other thing that I've found really helped is riding a fixed gear, as going down hills your top speed is restricted by the rate at which you can spin the pedals.
- Altura Explore Seatpack1 year 7 weeks agoI may have missed it, but
I may have missed it, but just one seatpost mount supplied?(article mentions different bikes - bit of a palaver to switch the mount each time).
I use (small/med) saddlebags on all my bikes and never have an issue with interference with my legs.
- Anyone live in/near Tarporley, Cheshire?1 year 7 weeks agoIs Congleton too far away for
Is Congleton too far away for you?
Far enough away from 'The Golden Triangle' of Cheshire to be affordable but lots of access to climbs round there.
In my experience ive also found Handforth to be affordable compared to Manchester - even some houses in Wilmslow are comparable with (south) Manchester prices.
- Is cycling getting like football?1 year 7 weeks agoMultinational media company
Multinational media company with a hefty specialism in sport sponsors cycling team and media coverage increases.
This is just yet more cycling snobbery, if people have a different view point then they must be Johnny-come-lately types, which is why people feel compelled to shoe horn in that they joined a club in the 70s or how many Tours they have watched, or they are football fans, which in turn means they must obviously be violent braindead hooligans or retarded tribalists.
- Altura Explore Seatpack1 year 7 weeks agoGrizzerly wrote:I findGrizzerly wrote:
I find seatpost mounted bags always catch on my thighs, usually making holes in my shorts or tights.
I got one of these because it sits further back out of the way of thighs- very happy with it:
Worth a look maybe?
- Abus Performance helmet1 year 7 weeks agoDave Atkinson wrote:you wearDave Atkinson wrote:
you wear a full face motorsports helmet then, presumably?
Or even just a full-face cycling helmet like downhillers wear?
You don't see many road cyclists wearing these for some reason. I wonder why? "You only have one head." after all.
Also I don't think I've ever seen anyone wearing a neck brace whilst road cycling. But "you only have one neck" and it is just as important as your head.
Turns out most sensible people weigh up the risks and benefits of safety gear.
So no, "How protective is it ?" is actually pretty far from the "only point that matters when reviewing a helmet".