- Barry Hoban says Mark Cavendish won't win "explosive" Tour de France opening stage1 year 7 weeks agoTheSpaniard wrote:As an asideTheSpaniard wrote:
As an aside - "Two years later, he married Simpson’s widow"
Opportunistic fella isn't he?
And also a true British Cycling Legend in a time where there were very few!!
- Life without Lance: how Livestrong managed to carry on1 year 7 weeks agoSimon E wrote:And why does aSimon E wrote:
And why does a charity have $107 million in assets?
Among other things, charities use endowments to finance both future work and current grants and stipends. They provide a level of stability, allowing long-term employment of staff.
I.e. charities use endowments the same way a start-up uses a war chest: To do the work.
There's nothing dodgy about that at all.
- Podium Cafe VDS1 year 7 weeks agoYeah, tough weekend for me
Yeah, tough weekend for me but my team was always set up more with the stage races in mind so it's not a huge surprise. Fingers crossed my fairly strong team of 8 picks me up some points during Pais Vasco:
Benjamin King, Bob Jungels, Kenny Elissonde, Michal Kwiatkowski, Rui Costa, Sebastian Henao, Tim Wellens, Warren Barguil
- Seven days in cycling: Your weekly catch up service of the week's big news stories on road.cc1 year 7 weeks agoThe track direction thing was
The track direction thing was an april fools, good spot road.cc!
- Vuelta al País Vasco Stage 1 Ordizia-Ordizia1 year 7 weeks agoStandard
Slagter (Van Garderen)
Teams ended up being put together an hour before the deadline so not really sure how well I'll do
- Vuelta al País Vasco Stage 1 Ordizia-Ordizia1 year 7 weeks agoStandard looks weird as I
Standard looks weird as I wanted the 4 big guys, leaving very few credits for the other 5. Will need some luck with the breakaway...
Purist again was based on three top GC guys plus Txurruka as a random hope for a tilt at the KOM...
Van Der Sande
- Most popular Bike Brands1 year 7 weeks agoCommute - Kinesis
Commute - Kinesis T2
Weekend/Fun - Cannondale Supersix (not the evo)
- País Vasco Purist Competition1 year 7 weeks agoGoing to be suffering
Going to be suffering tomorrow as I know most of those roads for stage two pretty well, and wont be riding them again until late July. Wish I had arranged a holiday now!
- Life without Lance: how Livestrong managed to carry on1 year 7 weeks agoI have read claims that the
I have read claims that the money doesn't go where they want you to think it's being spent.
And why does a charity have $107 million in assets?
- LCC maps every ward in London to lobby local election candidates for Space for Cycling1 year 7 weeks agoI found it amusing that
I found it amusing that despite part of Hyde Park being accessible to cyclists, the requested action is protected cycle lanes along Bayswater Road. That leads you into the Marble Arch gyratory, which is dangerous and off-putting. But cyclists can enter the park past Lancaster Gate and ride legally part way along. So it would make better sense to integrate the two.
The Royal Parks are OK with horses (posh people) but not with cycles (poor people). In fact, in Kensington Gardens, there is automobile access to Kensington Place from the north (across from Orme Sq) but cycling is prohibited (or appears to be - it's not made clear). So cars OK - cycles not. There is a wide path of 100 metres or so that links to the approved cycle area - this is posted No Cycling despite leading directly to a Boris Bike rack. The Orme Sq entrance is much more amenable to bikes as the other is the bottom of Queensway - one way north and congested.
And of course all the tourists get Boris Bikes and ride where they want anyway - usually on the "wrong" side - so it's chaos. I'm sure Royal Parks collects lots of fines from tourists (not).
- NeilPryde Bikes renames its Alizé bike following trademark dispute... with Specialized again1 year 7 weeks agoI wonder what "dudes, I was
I wonder what "dudes, I was just out biking the whole live long weekend, being rad, like you guys and didn't know this was even happening" pile of crap Sinyard is going to try and pull this time.
- Most popular Bike Brands1 year 7 weeks agoCommute - Boardman
Commute - Boardman CX
Weekend/Fun - Cannondale Synapse
Is call the Cannondale the fun bike, but the Boardman is more fun that a basket of monkeys.
- Cycloc Endo bike storage1 year 7 weeks agoThanks for the review. Seems
Thanks for the review. Seems an odd decision not to include a picture of the hanger in use though. Just a thought...
- País Vasco Purist Competition1 year 7 weeks agoDespite saying I would put
Despite saying I would put effort into this comp I realised at 9am this morning I hadn't picked either team and hadn't done any prep (the weekend got away form me a little bit).
Anyway, two teams thrown together with no real thought put into them, let's see how this goes.
- Womens World Cup1 year 7 weeks agoAnyone got a link to the
Anyone got a link to the result? Can't seem to see it on PCS or anywhere else now!
I got 109 points though which is ace for me!
I popped Mel Spath in there but looked like she didn't ride
- NeilPryde Bikes renames its Alizé bike following trademark dispute... with Specialized again1 year 7 weeks agoSigh. I intended not to buy
Sigh. I intended not to buy spesh stuff after the cafe Roubaix thing, this just makes it my new years resolution. So, I will spend my meagre bike allowance for kit, tubes etc on anything except their products. People aren't quite as stupid as they seem to make out, it is simply bullying and does their pr no favours.
- Wheel bearings - tell tale signs1 year 7 weeks agoallez neg wrote:As a veryallez neg wrote:
As a very very quick pre - flight check, spin the wheel and hold the fork/seatstay near to the axle - any roughness in the bearing would result in a rumbling vibration.
Then all you've got to do is extricate your fingers from the spokes (or pick up the severed stumps) and dial 999 with your thumbs........
They feel/seem/appear smooth enough, though I bet they're lying. Pesky tyke bearings.
Methinks it'll be best for me to just do a good service on 'em regardless from what everyone's saying. 10k is a long way without a regrease I guess.
Thanks all for your comments
- Most popular Bike Brands1 year 7 weeks agoCommute: On One Pompetamine
Commute: On One Pompetamine Self Build
You'll probably see the Specialized number tumbling soon as they seem to be trying to ruin their reputation by suing everyone in sight.
- Watch Joff Summerfield as he rides Tour of Flanders sportive on a penny-farthing1 year 7 weeks agoI love Joff and his
I love Joff and his craziness. But he loses a few points for not knowing who SK was.
- Home page scores and overall table scores are different1 year 7 weeks agoSame issue as above, it can
Same issue as above, it can happen whenever two stages are run on the same day but are updated out of order, one tonight's Pais Vasco score go up it'll be corrected.
- Welsh government to spend £5 million improving children's routes to school1 year 7 weeks agoWhat is encouraging is that
What is encouraging is that Edwina Hart is taking the initiative here. When the Active Travel Act was bounced from Transport to Culture and Sport I thought all was lost.
- Home page scores and overall table scores are different1 year 7 weeks agoJonnyd wrote:Think this mightJonnyd wrote:
Think this might have cropped up again, my home page and league totals don't match.
- Fabian Cancellara wins pulsating - but brutal - Tour of Flanders1 year 7 weeks agoI was at the 500m mark
I was at the 500m mark yesterday at Oudenaarde, that finish after all those miles was incredible. Spartacus the Legend!
- Fabian Cancellara wins pulsating - but brutal - Tour of Flanders1 year 7 weeks agoCommentator was Carlton
Commentator was Carlton Kirby, not Dave Harmon
sorry pjay, you beat me to it!
- Most popular Bike Brands1 year 7 weeks agoCommute: Cannondale H700
Commute: Cannondale H700 Hybrid
Sportive: Genesis Equilibrium 20