- €220m will not solve Dutch train station bike parking chaos, says railway company1 year 7 weeks agoI work in Haarlem sometimes
I work in Haarlem sometimes and they built an underground bike park under the station, its very impressive, I bet this cost a lot of dosh but is a nice way of solving the issue,
Unless you have been there and seen it you just cannot believe how many bikes are parked around, I think its fantastic what they have achieved, to me its a nice problem to have.
- UCI's on-board video experiment pays off with thrilling sprint footage from Tour of California1 year 7 weeks agoaslongasicycle wrote:I dunno.aslongasicycle wrote:
I dunno. Its all a bit exciting and dynamic for me. Change is bad.
"Don't like change" - sounding a bit Manx there fella! ;P
- Police seek SE London youth photographed riding stolen £2k bike1 year 7 weeks agoOn my experience I wouldn't
On my experience I wouldn't hold out much hope. Had my bike nicked from Preston Station. There were fantastic CCTV images of the thief (& his Staffie Bull Terrier!) but it took B.T.Police a month to print off a still image from the footage to pass on to Lancs Constabulary! Needless to say, 2 years later still not got my bike back!
- Irish cyclist apologises to Marcel Kittel for selfish selfie1 year 7 weeks agooh come on! he's young,
oh come on! he's young, excited by his hero's and as he is up and coming is making sacrifices at a young age when like the rest of us probably drinking, smoking and messing around with girls he is getting up earily, staying up late, training all the hours he can and spending all his time with his team. Is wrong to let himself go for a split second, i dont think so. Give him a break and if he doesnt make it as a cyclist then let him become a photographer as its one of the best photos ive seen in years!
- Giro stage 51 year 7 weeks agoSeems my Own man Cadel is
Seems my Own man Cadel is going to kill me tonight GO SON
- Tour of California Stage 41 year 7 weeks agoI usually really enjoy this
I usually really enjoy this race, but the picture disturbance has been really annoying, presumably caused by the high tree-line.
And Sherwen and Liggett, well they are just truly awful.
Its a shame, as the first stage was really exciting racing, the TT was good, and although yesterday wasn't really steep enough for too many attacks, it was still a good stage with Brad riding really well. But I haven't enjoyed watching any of them as much as I should have done.
- Giro stage 51 year 7 weeks agoGot team in with 1 minute
Got team in with 1 minute paniced a bit.
had 3 trades used them all, sold Ferrari , Kittel , Fischer.....Bought in Ulissi, Tjallingii and my smokey typical way for me , OGE Weening:)
He really impressed me with his turn of foot when he towed Gerro at end of Classic. Showed me he is good to go again this year, had a decent ride here last year.
Chicci kept him as I remember how the Italians love to get the Laterne Rouge at home... I think Gavazzi got it like 4 or 5 times last year...
- Police seek SE London youth photographed riding stolen £2k bike1 year 7 weeks agoI am never going to the shops
I am never going to the shops on my racing bike with normal everyday clothing now just in case someone informs the rozzers.
- Tour of California stage 31 year 7 weeks agotony kappler wrote:My "go to"tony kappler wrote:
My "go to" site for results, Cycling News, has Konig 18 in ITT and 47th in stage1...
It's unfortunate... They're probably using last year's races to populate their results like TER says... They're not quite as reliable as they once were...
- Giro stage 51 year 7 weeks agoall the bookies were hedging
all the bookies were hedging their bets - they didn't seem to know if it was a sprint, one for the puncheurs or a GC day
like most people (i expect) i've got eggs in many baskets. hoping something comes good...
- Giro stage 51 year 7 weeks agoYep a weird one. My team for
Yep a weird one. My team for today includes 4 GC and 3 wildcards.
Enrico Battaglin (BAR)
Diego Ulissi (LAM)
Rigoberto Uran (OPQ)
Cadel Evans (BMC)
Maarten Tjallingii (BLK)
Enrico Gasparotto (AST)
Michael Matthews (OGE)
Rafal Majka (TSB)
Julian David Arredondo (TFR)
No more transfers hopefully until Friday.
- Video: Official car causes Women's Tour crash, several riders down (updated)1 year 7 weeks agoTwo things the Car shouldn't
Two things the Car shouldn't have swerved but the riders shouldn't have been so close.
But these things happen we are all human we all make mistakes.
I have to say like many commenting, this race was absolutely brilliant. We definitely need to see more women's racing on the telly.
- Tour of California Stage 41 year 7 weeks agoTomorrow or maybe stage 7
Tomorrow or maybe stage 7 look likeliest but today could be a long shot.
I'm finding this race dull. It may be sour grapes because I'm not doing well and it's a race I've done OK in for the last two years but there doesn't seem to be more than about 5 minutes of action in any of the stages. The TV production is poor - long close-ups of Rohan Dennis gasping for breath while we miss the next 15-20 finishers, cuts to the laughing group because it's full of Americans, no times at the TT finish and ignore most of the finishers, follow Cav all the way round and ignore the 10 or so riders still ahead on the road.
And then there's Sherwin and Liggett - learn 3 phrases, 2 facts and 1 anecdote per stage (all slightly wrong) and repeat them ad nauseam. You could train a parrot to commentate better than them. It just has to say "have they used all their firepower", "they're burning their matches too soon" and "I'm surprised at that, he used to be a good time-triallist at junior level" perhaps along with "Sir Bradley Wiggins, Olympic gold-medallist etc..." and intersperse it with the odd squawk. Why TF does anybody on the planet still employ them?
- Tour of California Stage 41 year 7 weeks agoHe's going to go one day
He's going to go one day isn't he?! Maybe tomorrow is the best bet...
- Giro stage 51 year 7 weeks agoHad 7 sprinters - used 5
Had 7 sprinters - used 5 transfers and kept Matthews and Swift, just in case. As credits aren't an issue, I might just keep them until after Friday now.
So today looks like this...
2 GC guys - J-Rod and Evans
2 puncheurs - Ulissi and Gasparotto
2 sprinters who might make top 10(???) - Matthews and Swift
3 for the break - Boem, Tjallingi and Fedi
Loads of others that were tempting, went for the ones I have a gut feeling on.
Similarly to Paolini and Battaglin's stages last year - these two days could see some big variations in the scores!
- Tour of California stage 31 year 7 weeks agoI can't count.
But can you
I can't count.
But can you check the scores for Acervedo and Stetina? I calculate they are both 21 points, but they are listed as 26 and 16.
- UCI's on-board video experiment pays off with thrilling sprint footage from Tour of California1 year 7 weeks agoI dunno. Its all a bit
I dunno. Its all a bit exciting and dynamic for me. Change is bad.
- Over 40 percent of kids have experienced a ‘near miss’ on school journey, says survey1 year 7 weeks agoI'm lucky in that my kids'
I'm lucky in that my kids' school has no car park and there is often a traffic warden nearby keen to ticket anyone parking on the pavement. Also I live in an area where most people are too poor to afford a car.
I would be interested to know by comparison how many kids had been involved in an accident or 'near miss' when travelling to and from school by car, I have a strong suspicion it would be about the same.
- BTwin Comp 0.4L Seat Post Bike Bag1 year 7 weeks agoAny chance of a photo from
Any chance of a photo from beneath the saddle? You say you put the bag on the wrong way first so a view of how it sits correctly would help. This looks a decent bit of kit, a bit more sturdy than those velcro-fastened ones Continental sell (though they do come with an inner and some (very flimsy) levers).
- UCI wants YOU — to tell it what you want from sportives and mass rides1 year 7 weeks agoHi everyone, thanks for the
Hi everyone, thanks for the feedback on here - and even more so if you have filled in the form!NeilXDavis wrote:
Whats a sportive got to do with the UCI exactly?
Oh thats right theres tons of cash in organising these things...
absolutely, and like all industries that have 'tons of cash' there are some firms that are better at it than others, and some that are frankly dire - why would the UCI be interested? perhaps to see how they can help get more people to have positive experiences on bikes rather than have tacks thrown on roads etc.
investment in the future is perhaps one way that the UCI can help - probably more effectively that a commercial organisation - so all opinions are valid etc
but seriously, another helmet debate, next thing we will all be calling for mandatory Rapha uniforms for all sportivists!
- UCI's on-board video experiment pays off with thrilling sprint footage from Tour of California1 year 7 weeks agonot sure I fancy watching
not sure I fancy watching when a "prang" occurs !!!
think of the language, the bleep machines would melt under
... but ... that was brill ... defo need more of that
- UCI's on-board video experiment pays off with thrilling sprint footage from Tour of California1 year 7 weeks agoSuperb! Although, I'd like to
Superb! Although, I'd like to see the live broadcast technology nailed first - watching the ToC last night on Eurosport, the ariel view was fine, but the in-race footage was pretty ropey with lots of juddering and sudden drop-out.
- Irish cyclist apologises to Marcel Kittel for selfish selfie1 year 7 weeks agoI wonder if the guy who took
I wonder if the guy who took the photo had a fever.....
- UCI's on-board video experiment pays off with thrilling sprint footage from Tour of California1 year 7 weeks agoCheck this comparison of the
Check this comparison of the new Sony HDR-AS100 Action Cam out against a Go Pro 3. Notice the stabilisation on it. Quite a few other nice touches on it too. £350 big ones make it quite competitive.
- BTwin Comp 0.4L Seat Post Bike Bag1 year 7 weeks agoIt looks like the saddle is
It looks like the saddle is positioned in the extreme backward position... Won't there be issues squeezing it in, if your saddle is further forward?
(I have a nice Lezyne one, that I can't use for this reason)