- We have a winner for a day in a Tour of Britain race convoy car1 year 26 weeks agoDear God, what a good prize ,
Dear God, what a good prize , as they say the wheels on the bike go round and round, and i have a pair of sideburns growing for the occuson so would be proude to show them off and plus it would be a great way to see the teams,and A Power Bar starts tasting better than a Snickers .
- Mark Cavendish may have to buy himself out of Sky contract, according to team source1 year 26 weeks agoIn some ways I do think that
In some ways I do think that Cav was "used" when he was enticed to Sky. But no one made him go (though following the Tour he did comment that he didn't know if he had a get out clause in the Sky contract as his "agent" dealt with that) there. And it perhaps does reflect his ego (and not saying others don't have them) that he thought the team would change it's focus to concentrate on his ambitions.
From day 1 Sky/Brailsford stated that the aim was a Tour De France winner within 5 years. Don't forget in cycling that is THE biggest prize of all. I appreciate what Cav has done winning both Britains (Isle of Man's) first green jersey and first "British" World Road champ since Tommy. BUt to me and a LOT of people in cycling, compared to the Yellow jersey of the Tour they are very nice but don't come close.
As for Froome - once again, unless he wantes to why would he want to leave Sky as long as they are prepared to offer him a real chance of GC status. A lot of people either forget or don't believe that the set up at Sky is what has allowed Wiggins to win the Tour and Froome to be where he is. I really don't think any other team, at present could offer these riders that. IMHO.
- Paralympics road cycling Day 1: History at Brands Hatch as Sarah Storey and Alex Zanardi win gold1 year 26 weeks agoI was up till about 4am. Not
I was up till about 4am. Not a great sleeper.
You are right though, I though Venice 09 was in a wheelchair, but having checked his own site, it was in his handcycle aswell.
Some great pictures
- Eurobike 2012: Hottest new products from Campagnolo, Bont, Mavic, 3T, Enve, Specialized, Exposure and loads more1 year 26 weeks agoSomeone needs to talk to
Someone needs to talk to Exposure about their lights being used on the road. It would be nice to hear from them what their stand is on the legality issue and if they actually think their light are appropriate for road use (road.cc im looking at you).
I own 3 of their lights (MaxxD, Diablo and Joystick) and have switched to a dynamo Schmidt light for 95% of my road riding. The Exposures just dont cast enough light onto the ground without running them on the high setting, which is blinding to other road users (i commute the opposite dierection to another MaxxD user, it IS blinding!).
- Suggestions for the 2013 season1 year 26 weeks agoI know I sound petty, but my
I know I sound petty, but my biggest issue is not being able to bank transfers... I know it's weak, and that it's the same for everyone, so it's not unfair per se, but I'd just love the discretion to use the accrued transfers when I want and not lose them if I don't use them.
For example, I would have loved to bank the 6 transfers I had on my account after the last rest day and save them for later on in the week. Spreading them out instead of losing them would have felt like a better strategy than just letting some of them go to waste.
I do like the idea of differnt values for different competitions, though! Though it'll probably be a pain for the game managers with all the different competitons we have now!
- Vuelta Stage 181 year 26 weeks agoStage hunting attempt
Stage hunting attempt #2.
- And the next James Bond is...1 year 26 weeks agoIts up here
Its up here
- Vuelta Stage 181 year 26 weeks agoI thought Swift was worth a
I thought Swift was worth a go for the same reasons but I'm the man who took Contador AND Tiralongo out yesterday.
- We have a winner for a day in a Tour of Britain race convoy car1 year 26 weeks agoDiary all cleared in prep!
Diary all cleared in prep!
- Kinesis reveal new Racelight TK3 winter trainer plus Crosslight EVO5 cyclocross bike1 year 26 weeks agoYes, the other colours are
Yes, the other colours are nice, but as mintimperial says, they aren't making you stand out from the crowd. Let's see some swish colour schemes on the KR810 and the Granfondo.
How about adding this green, a burnt orange and this red: http://www.lamborghini.com/en/models/special-and-limited-editions/aventa...
Hmmm, burnt orange KR810 with forks in metallic gunmetal grey and wheels/finishing kit in black - now THAT would look fast!
- We have a winner for a day in a Tour of Britain race convoy car1 year 26 weeks agoI like this and want it. Can
I like this and want it. Can I have it please.
- “… the only good cyclist is a dead one …” – editor of the richmond magazine – september issue1 year 26 weeks agoBigDummy: no one asked for an
BigDummy: no one asked for an online lynch mob. It's all about awareness here, and not letting anyone bully their way on roads, under banners of jokes and other free press rights.
Even if it's intended to be comical, I think he missed the point, specially given the borough is supposed to be one of the most cycle friendly ones.
- Win! a GoPro Hero HD camera with the big road.cc user survey!1 year 26 weeks agoIt's almost as good as riding
It's almost as good as riding !!!!!
- Vuelta Stage 17: Contador breaks Rodriguez on the flat to take overall lead1 year 26 weeks agoEveryone's saying that this
Everyone's saying that this years TdF was the cleanest in years, but also the most boring in years.
Now the Vuelta is the most exciting in years mostly thanks to convicted dopers.
What do we want? A clean but boring sport or a dirty but exciting one? Sadly I'm not sure we can have both.
- Vuelta Stage 181 year 26 weeks agoRodriguez (guaranteed 17
Rodriguez (guaranteed 17 points today, more than both Contador (14) and Valverde (15))
Bennati (very nearly went Swift as Sky will want a stage win)
Hoping for a good result to move me back up the table but not expecting overly much, fingers crossed that both Davis and Swift do poorly today.
- Mark Cavendish may have to buy himself out of Sky contract, according to team source1 year 26 weeks agoQuote:Mr, VIRGIN can affordQuote:
Mr, VIRGIN can afford to create a super cycling team?
Agree in principle this would be an interesting prospect for the virgin group and Uk cycling. Especially when one considers that virgin money are reported to be paying up to £20m to sponsor Newcastle united shirts for this and next season, extending the involvement that Northern Rock (it's progenitor) started.
Whilst Uk football does get a lot of international coverage the level of exposure virgin gains from this is questionable.
A pro level cycling team would offer virgin group potentially more exposure internationally and considerally more within the European markets. Yet whilst a big brand Virgin is not in international terms a big company and its market penetration is not at present global rather it has high profile in select places, what it's intentions within the European market may be the desider.
Virgin also does not have cycling expertise and there is not another Brailford like charactor out there to come up with the plan and do the work for Virgin.
One would therefore think that Sky's dominance of UK cycling and of UK pro tour involvement as unassailable. However, there are chinks in the sky armor yes Cav is one, although he would probably have to stay at sky for the next season whilst a team was built around him by someone working for Virgin. The other and considerably cheaper (possibly less than 1/15th) option and potential way in is women's pro cycling. Sky do not have a women's team and whilst at present the profile of Women's cycling is not as big as male cycling. Women's sport in general is attracting more attention and the one thing Virgin is very very good at is profile in burgeoning markets.
If Branson/virgin group do decide to get involved then there could be interesting time ahead for British cycling, and not just the fun that some trolls might have with the team kit.
- “… the only good cyclist is a dead one …” – editor of the richmond magazine – september issue1 year 26 weeks agoIt's a weak comic article.
It's a weak comic article. Forming an online lynch mob over this would be almost unbelievably pathetic.
- New Transport Minister convicted in 2009 of careless driving in incident that left cyclist with broken neck1 year 26 weeks agoWe could always adopt that
We could always adopt that old Tory line 'bring back hanging'...
- New Transport Minister convicted in 2009 of careless driving in incident that left cyclist with broken neck1 year 26 weeks ago"District Judge Timothy
"District Judge Timothy Workman agreed that the manoeuvre Burns was attempting was a difficult one..."
Difficult? Is he a bit "challenged" as a result of inbreeding? I hope he doesn't have to perform any three point turns.
- New Transport Minister convicted in 2009 of careless driving in incident that left cyclist with broken neck1 year 26 weeks agoLooking at the story from
Looking at the story from yesterday we have:
Careless driving => broken neck and likely permanent damage => £400 fine and 4 points
Careless cycling => wing mirror broken => £350 fine
It's just so wrong that it's funny.
- We have a winner for a day in a Tour of Britain race convoy car1 year 26 weeks agoWould love to join the race
Would love to join the race at Barnstaple
- Mark Cavendish may have to buy himself out of Sky contract, according to team source1 year 26 weeks agoantonio wrote:Totalantonio wrote:
Total disrespect for the World Championship jersey.
- “… the only good cyclist is a dead one …” – editor of the richmond magazine – september issue1 year 26 weeks agoResignation Campaign?
Resignation Campaign? #NyeOutNow
- Eurobike 2012: The ultimate commuter bike?1 year 26 weeks agoPPF. RE FISHY...I have many
PPF. RE FISHY...I have many hub geared bikes ,several with dynamos with good led lamps. most are over 5oo lumens, one is 800. some have an auto switch,(turns on in poor light),all have standlight function for when stationary,ie,right turns. one dynamo has very low offload friction,(a lever moves magnets further apart when nt in use).
80,000miles would be 10-30 years riding, car gearboxes run to more than 200,000! so its possible for a rohloff or pinion gearbox to last even longer. They are clean and low maintainence if fitted with toothed belt drive.
puncture repairs are cleaner, its not difficult to remove gear cable box from my rohloff,or pull connector from front dynohub.
Disc brakes are easy to replce as parts wear,why use a rim brake?
My best racing bike does have convetional gears just for lightness. however,for low maintainence,winter, wet weather,touring and mtb riding,(I do enduros,night,and 24hr events) a gearbox and dynohub wins hands down. I have used all gear an lighting systems and wasted many thousands of pounds!!!!
I have a daily commute of 15 miles everyday.
You should try one for at least a year before deciding. They are worth every penny in the longer term ownership.
- Mark Cavendish may have to buy himself out of Sky contract, according to team source1 year 26 weeks agoKarbon Kev wrote:This kidKarbon Kev wrote:
This kid will always be a twat with a massive ego ....
Know him personally then?