- Liege-Bastogne-Liege1 year 14 weeks agoTo Froome, or not to
To Froome, or not to Froome...
I'd got my team all picked, sorted yesterday, and was just waiting on final startlists before making my transfers, but now...
Gilbert, Quintana and Betancur are my only definitely-staying-ins. Sorely tempted by Nibali, not sure if he has one eye on the Giro now though (but does that even matter?).
- Indexing 105 rear gears - doesn't work for largest sprockets :/1 year 14 weeks agoThanks, I have seen that
Thanks, I have seen that before. My problem is the initial indexing adjustment works great starting in my smallest sprocket and up through the gears until my largest three sprockets and I don't understand why
- Indexing 105 rear gears - doesn't work for largest sprockets :/1 year 14 weeks agohi youtube is your friend 1
hi youtube is your friend 1 of the best
- First spy shots of finished Kinesis Aithein frame1 year 14 weeks agohttp://i.imgur.com/XdhIG8L.jp
The die on the brake bridge. I wondered where this idea originated.
- Cannondale launch Synapse Hi-Mod1 year 14 weeks agoIs that headset spacer shaped
Is that headset spacer shaped like that for any functional benefit?
- Just in: StantoVelo Protective Arm Warmers1 year 14 weeks agoWhat's next leg warmers with
What's next leg warmers with shin pad inserts .
- Tour De Romandie1 year 14 weeks agoIm waiting on Dave, from my
Im waiting on Dave, from my end I believe everything is good to go, and sent him an email saying so on wed/thurs maybe but not heard anything from him
- Help, Rear Wheel Problem!1 year 14 weeks agoSpokes moving against each
Spokes moving against each other where they cross?
- Giro Del Trentino stage 41 year 14 weeks agoYour welcome , thanks to
Your welcome , thanks to TERatcliffe
- 70-year-old woman writes ode to her stolen bicycle1 year 14 weeks agoIf Jean could post a photo we
If Jean could post a photo we can all keep an eye open for it and the miserable scumbag who stole it.
- Specialized Tarmac (2013)1 year 14 weeks agoAh 3.5 My aging eyes..the
Ah 3.5 My aging eyes..the point still stands.
- Giro Del Trentino stage 41 year 14 weeks agonorthstar wrote:Thanks fornorthstar wrote:
Thanks for running this drheaton, was quite a enjoyable little race.
This one wasn't me, it was TERatcliffe, but thanks anyway
- Jeremy Clarkson rides a bike (yes, really!)1 year 14 weeks agoAccording to rumour Clarkson
According to rumour Clarkson has experienced a complete about-face and is now a cyclist and environmentalist! He even changed the name of his show to Top Gaia. See this blog www.youcanstickit.blogspot.co.uk/ - entry for 25 March
- Specialized Tarmac (2013)1 year 14 weeks agofive and a half stars is half
five and a half stars is half a star more than full marks effectively 11/10 which would be good going nowasps, it got three and a half stars = 7/10. I'd say that's about right.
- Cannondale launch Synapse Hi-Mod1 year 14 weeks agoLove all the ideas Cdale are
Love all the ideas Cdale are putting into this bike but they've always been a bit left field and that worries me: odd seatpost size-will lighter aftermarket be available???? Oversize B/B width-can I fit Ultegra or DA cranks or am I stuck with Cdale stuff???? All this is irrelevant to me though unless its imported as a frameset.
- Jeremy Clarkson rides a bike (yes, really!)1 year 14 weeks agoI reckon most petrolheads in
I reckon most petrolheads in reasonable shape would very much enjoy a spin on a recumbent tri-cycle with a very low centre of gravity like the Hase, HPVelotechnik, Velokraft et al. More fun than any car!
- Giro Del Trentino stage 41 year 14 weeks agoI cant wait for Romandie to
I cant wait for Romandie to be open. When will this be? Excuse my impatience.
- Top riders risk missing Liège-Bastogne-Liège after environmental groups' litter complaints1 year 14 weeks agoI am happy to see this. As
I am happy to see this. As others have said I am more OK with bidons because they will be picked up by fans, but gel wrappers and the like should be disposed of properly.
For those saying that the riders will not have the same impact as the crowds, try riding the route of a race a few hours or even a day after the peleton passes by. You will be able to follow the route just by following the gel wrappers, and in a lot of places it is obvious that there has been much greater impact from the riders than the crowds. I say it doesn't slow you down much to put that gel wrapper back in your pocket rather than just chucking it into some pristine wilderness...
- Giro Del Trentino stage 41 year 14 weeks agoThanks for running this
Thanks for running this drheaton, was quite a enjoyable little race.
- Video: Park your bike like a pro... Tour de France champ Bradley Wiggins shows you how1 year 14 weeks agoNothing cool about a
Nothing cool about a professional having a tantrum.
- Video: Park your bike like a pro... Tour de France champ Bradley Wiggins shows you how1 year 14 weeks agoI'm a wiggo fan, don't get me
I'm a wiggo fan, don't get me wrong... but this is about the most impressive thing I've seen him do since the Olympics
- Red Driving School Survey (Rewritten)1 year 14 weeks agoWhat a total crock of s***
What a total crock of s*** I’m surprised they didn't have a do you think cyclists should be locked up box to tick.
- Slime Smart Tube Self-healing inner tube1 year 14 weeks agoThanks for the comments,
Thanks for the comments, folks.
Regarding 'goo' escaping or valves blocking up: – I have not encountered this problem. Yes, a smidge of slime comes out when pressing the valve-head to let a bit of air out before fitting the pump, but it’s very minimal.
Regarding deliberate punctures: – I have updated the main review to show the results of my tests in this area.
Regarding puncture patching: – Fair point. If you get a big hole in the tube that won’t self-heal then, yes, lots of slime will come out, cover the outside of the tube, and make patching very tricky or impossible. As I say in the review, these tubes won’t prevent *every* puncture (eg, big cuts or sidewalls) but they will reduce your chances of having to stop and fix a flat. Even though I had the self-healing tubes in my tyres, I still carried my normal spare inner tube/s when out on my bike.
- Police in Cumbria seek witnesses after 3 cyclists slapped by car passenger in separate incidents1 year 14 weeks agonotfastenough wrote:No doubtnotfastenough wrote:
No doubt they think this is harmless fun... X If the cycle was invented tommorrow, it would be seen as the solution, not the problem(
Quite the reverse in MHO. The idea of unprotected exposed people mingling & mixing with large pieces of essential machinery on the move, operated by people of very basic intelligence & ability, as in this case, would be shunned as a bad idea & not allowed on the roads. It's because cycling was in it's heydey of usefulness in the first part of the last century, like riding horses in the road too, that the realisation hasn't caught on yet.
I take it upright sedate roadster riding isn't attracting the same sort of idiocy from such lunatics so it may be an attack on a cycling style in this case, whereas the other event may have been after some sort of altercation. Neither is excusable but it is essential to establish the mindset in both cases never the less. We mustn't just content ourselves with their apprehension & conviction as there maybe a much bigger underlying problem
- Jeremy Clarkson rides a bike (yes, really!)1 year 14 weeks agoYou should never take Jeremy
You should never take Jeremy seriously, even when it comes to his car reviews, and on that bombshell.....