- Purist Tour de France 20131 year 12 weeks agoNot sure on my team now ive
Not sure on my team now ive seen others
- Purist TDF Cards on the Table1 year 12 weeks agoBit worried about my team
Bit worried about my team now
- Purist Tour de France 20131 year 12 weeks agoGone for the big guns and 5
Gone for the big guns and 5 fillers. 3 GC and 1 Green.
- Tour De France - Étape 11 year 12 weeks agoCavendish
- Tour De France - Étape 11 year 12 weeks agoYes it begins
Yes it begins
D V Poppel
2.7 credits spare
- Liverpudlian cycling buddies set up web-only cycling mag - and the first issue's free1 year 12 weeks agoI'm a little late to this,
I'm a little late to this, but I just wanted to say, loved the Killer Hills piece.
- Top ten GC Tour de France1 year 12 weeks agoWell. Some interesting teams.
Well. Some interesting teams. Lot of people got Contador to do well, which I'm not so sure of. Very few people with any faith in Evans, which I tend to agree with. Think the TTs are still going to be very important even though there are less of them, although double Alpe d'Huez is also going to be massive. Looking forward to it, especially as I had to miss both lead-up races due to a family situation. This is normally my best race of the year along with the TDU.
- Purist TDF Cards on the Table1 year 12 weeks agoI've gone for the tactic of 2
I've gone for the tactic of 2 big names and then whatever I can afford...
Talansky (no more than a gut feeling, and he could have the white jersey for a while if Garmin win the TTT)
Kittel (cheap for potentially 5 top 6 finishes)
Egoitz Garcia (closest thing Cofidis have to a sprinter, and can get over the lumpy stuff OK, so may pick up a few 10th places)
Hoogerland, Le Mevel, El Fares, Palacios - the best I could do with the remaining funds. Good chances of breakaways for all of them though I think.
- Zipp 30 clincher wheels1 year 12 weeks agoQuote:the rear [is] radialQuote:
the rear [is] radial non-drive, cross drive-side
Looks the other way round in the picture.
- Purist TDF Cards on the Table1 year 12 weeks agoCavendish-5 or 6 stage win
Cavendish-5 or 6 stage win chances plus green jersey pts.
Sagan-stage win chances,green jersey pts,possible youth and yellow jersey early on.
Dennis-youth contender,decent climber,excellent TT'er
Hoogerland-break away man,Polka Dots?
Bonnet-got to have an FDJ
Cunego-best descender in the race with no Sanchez/Nibali
Schleck-9.2 credits for the bookis NINTH favourite
- 'Inspiring' double amputee cyclist dies after crash in charity event1 year 12 weeks agoSad news
- Team Pendo - riding 200 miles from Manchester to London to catch a train & raise money for good cause1 year 12 weeks agoMmmm,though there was only
Mmmm,though there was only two or three bikes allowed on each train
- Purist TDF Cards on the Table1 year 12 weeks agoedit misread that, I'll put
edit misread that, I'll put purists up later
- Purist Tour de France 20131 year 12 weeks agoHere's mine - bit of a
Here's mine - bit of a chancer's squad really
- Tour Tech 2013: Updated Trek Madone frame weighs 725g1 year 12 weeks agoProbably Jan Bakelants bike,
Probably Jan Bakelants bike, he's quite short. Rest of the team are pretty tall.
- Here For The Ride by Jonathan Simmons1 year 12 weeks agoWon't be nothing with that
Won't be nothing with that one then.
- Bottle throwers1 year 12 weeks agoPeople I know who ride horses
People I know who ride horses and drive tractors say they get the same s**t we do, along with bus drivers, lorry drivers etc.
Anyone who impedes the progress of the grown up children behind too many steering wheels
- Tour Tech 2013: Colnago C59 100th Tour de France special1 year 12 weeks agotheclawtheclaw wrote:arrieredupeleton wrote:
Maybe Rolland's bars should say 'Stage 14, 2012 - sans honneur'?
What? He rode a great race that day
He rode a 'great race' by attacking the peleton when everyone else sat up as Brad, Cadel and Co were attacked by tacks thus breaking the unwritten rule of pro cycling. Tried to get away twice, later denied it but fell out with most of the riders in the process. Don't think he'll do it again.
- Purist Tour de France 20131 year 12 weeks agoIts a long race so making
Its a long race so making this list was really hard. Not sure if there is enough balance but here it is...Schleck is my wild card.
Mark Cavendish (OPQ)
Ryder Hesjedal (GRM)
Nairo Alexander Quintana Rojas (MOV)
Julien El Fares (SAU)
Daniel Martin (GRM)
Manuel Quinziato (BMC)
Daniel Navarro Garcia (COF)
Andy Schleck (RSN)
José Ivan Gutierrez Palacios (MOV)
- Tour Tech 2013: Cav to use hydraulic brakes1 year 12 weeks agoNot a fan of the look of the
Not a fan of the look of the Venge but I have to say with that paint scheme it does look pretty good.
- Purist Tour de France 20131 year 12 weeks agoray silvester wrote:stumpsray silvester wrote:stumps wrote:chrisdstripes wrote:
Happy to reveal my existing team as a) I might still change it and b) its not like its going to give anyone any ideas they hadn't already thought of - probably only one or two unpopular picks. Panicked about having no GC guys and changed it at the last minute - trying to defend top ten in overall purist...
Feel free to critique!
I started off with Sagan and Cav in my team - got neither now
Kittel is a surprise he normally bottles it and packs in unless i'm thinking of someone else. Good team though, you should do well.
That's the impression I always have with Kittel.....flaky but fast when in the mood.....more of a stage 1 rider for standard team's
My purists are shaping ip like this:
I think not having Quintana is probably my main headache.
LAST MINUTE CHANGE
- Fantasy Directeur Sportif Challenge1 year 12 weeks agoRight Ive been rather busy
Right Ive been rather busy and not got round to doing a blog, so am gonna wait until the end of the Tour.
However it looks as though you have choice in which riders to choose for the Tour, so if you could let me know your teams for keeping scores
- Tour Tech 2013: Updated Trek Madone frame weighs 725g1 year 12 weeks agoMight just be the photo, but
Might just be the photo, but that looks an unusually short stem for a pro bike?
- Armstrong: "Impossible" to win Tour in his day without doping; also, calls for McQuaid to go1 year 12 weeks ago'When thieves fall out !!'
'When thieves fall out !!'
- Police refer Emma Way "#bloodycyclists" case to Crown Prosecution Service1 year 12 weeks agoIs she still working at the
Is she still working at the accountants?