- Pat McQuaid says he's unsure about appearing before UCI's independent commission, cites fears of "witch hunt"1 year 7 weeks agoThe thing about witch hunts
The thing about witch hunts is that there were no witches to find. Whereas..
- Pictures of your Bike1 year 7 weeks agoNew TT bike adds to the
New TT bike adds to the n+1
Ridley Cheetah with Vision Trimax aerobars and Campag Veloce
- Pat McQuaid says he's unsure about appearing before UCI's independent commission, cites fears of "witch hunt"1 year 7 weeks agoHis non-attendance will tell
His non-attendance will tell me everything I need to know!
Screw "Innocent until proven guilty". Our sport was brought down to its lowest point on this mans watch. Cyclists were thrown to the wolves to protect the truly guilty. Our sport was rotten from top to bottom thanks to scum like him! Young riders were pressurised and manipulated to cheat and he and his ilk did nothing except turn a blind eye and give tacit approval.
Nothing short of a full confession by a man in sack-cloth and ashes will be good enough, anything less and I will regard the new administration as corrupt as the last. There must be no deals behind closed doors, everything must be out in the open. All documents and minutes must be placed in the public domain.
- Pat McQuaid says he's unsure about appearing before UCI's independent commission, cites fears of "witch hunt"1 year 7 weeks agoGlam that's not a strong
Glam that's not a strong enough word for him
- Interval training app, Android1 year 7 weeks agoMany thanks PJ, it's
Many thanks PJ, it's absolutely perfect for my needs.
- Who really is/was the greatest?1 year 7 weeks agoThe reason I cannot take
The reason I cannot take Merckx over Indurain.
Merckx definitely doped. Indurain to my knowledge has never had anything even against him, not even in any investigations (I suspect he did dope) but he never denied it, unlike Merckx
That being the same reason I picked Anquetil as the greatest male he's been implicated in things, so could not greatest my ever.
Tom Simpson talked openly about doping, saying that riders did drugs, he never denied doing it, he said that you couldn't do it alot though. Of course, drugs would lead to his death.
I think, out of the top 10 greatest riders I would have, Indurain is the only one not classed as a doper, the only thing he ever tested positive for was salbutamol and as an asthma suffered, he was allowed to use it
- Kuurne Brussels Kuurne1 year 7 weeks ago1,2,11,13,14
- Podium Cafe VDS1 year 7 weeks agoI thought I did too - but
I thought I did too - but looking at the ladies calendar the glittering delights of Costa Rica are not scored - boo
Didn't have Lobato in the end - But I am 19th!
- Pat McQuaid says he's unsure about appearing before UCI's independent commission, cites fears of "witch hunt"1 year 7 weeks agoThat C*** better show up, he
That C*** better show up, he tried to call everyone else to account, when it is his turn to be sorted out...he wimps out
- Essential cycling kit1 year 7 weeks agoMiles253 wrote:Nat Jas MoeMiles253 wrote:Nat Jas Moe wrote:
I've used these and find them okish as I commute there is plenty of left foot down at junctions and lights and unsurprisingly that one has secummed to duck tape to hold it in place. They have lasted about 4 months of fairly constant use 10 journeys a week. Not sure if this is good or bad really as I've not used any other make recently did have a pair of nw ones which were ok but suffered the same.e wear fait.
What did they set you back for four months worth of wear?
Fabric backed gilets, great tip, ill do some research, if anyone has one they get I really well with point it out.
They set me back £25 or there about
- Who really is/was the greatest?1 year 7 weeks agoYou see! It's not as easy as
You see! It's not as easy as you first think is it?
Reg Harris is a superb left-field suggestion for best Brit.
- Nice wide fitting shoes1 year 7 weeks agoIf you like the Zxellium
If you like the Zxellium overall as a shoe, but feel it is a little narrow, then it is also available in what Mavic call a "maxi" fit which gives slightly more width and room in the toe box for those that require a wider shoe.
(Mavic Community Manager)
- Family of tandem couple killed by 11-times convicted dangerous driver petition Prime Minister for tougher sentences1 year 7 weeks agoA good 50% of the cars round
A good 50% of the cars round our way are refugees from the scrappage scheme. If you could retrofit them with flying capability as well as GPS tracking, you might get a half decent uptake. Otherwise...
- Family of tandem couple killed by 11-times convicted dangerous driver petition Prime Minister for tougher sentences1 year 7 weeks agoInstead of being driven off
Instead of being driven off the roads, why not campaign for the loons to be driven off. Remote immobilisation is possible, and could be coupled with GPS technology and speed limiters to allow most car idiocy to be dealt with centrally. The only other solution I can see that would be completely effective basically involves a variation on Sharia law, where offenders lose appendages (has its attractions, but I can see the odd liberal whinge).
- Family of tandem couple killed by 11-times convicted dangerous driver petition Prime Minister for tougher sentences1 year 7 weeks ago"Presumed Liability" (at
"Presumed Liability" (at least the version that many European countries have) doesn't refer to criminal liability at all - it just means the car driver's insurer is more likely to cough up.
We already have strict liability for rear-end shunts. Does that mean drivers are more careful with stopping distances? Does it heck as like.
- Podium Cafe VDS1 year 7 weeks agoTwybaydos wrote:, vanmarcke,Twybaydos wrote:
, vanmarcke, hofland and bardet today. Can't remember if I had lobato
you picked up ZABELINSKAYA win on the ladies too!
- Proper Purist Classics Comp1 year 7 weeks ago1,3,8 today
- Family of tandem couple killed by 11-times convicted dangerous driver petition Prime Minister for tougher sentences1 year 7 weeks agoPresumed Liability
So put your money where your mouth is, I fail to understand why people moan about the police / CPS / sentencing, but then don't want one of the major fixes to the problem.
- Kuurne Brussels Kuurne1 year 7 weeks ago3,14,18, 20 standard
1, 6, 18
3,14,18, 20 standard
1, 6, 18 purist
- Interval training app, Android1 year 7 weeks agoThanks PJ, I'll take a look
Thanks PJ, I'll take a look at Turbo Intervals.
What I want it for is guiding our youth team's warm-up on the rollers before a race.
- Good quality mid-range cycle wear?1 year 7 weeks agoTorm jerseys are great,
Torm jerseys are great,
DHB are a sure bet and excellent value. I've got stuff by castelli, rapha, pearl izumi, and whole load of other brands but if I had to start again it's torm and DHB that I'd buy.
- SOLD Giant Defy 2 2012 frame and fork size M1 year 7 weeks agoNow sold
- Nice wide fitting shoes1 year 7 weeks agoSidi are narrow, thin socks
Sidi are narrow, thin socks only for myself with them!
Fizik and Giro are nice and wide, especially in the toe box.
- Podium Cafe VDS1 year 7 weeks agoCheers good Dr
Cheers good Dr
- Who really is/was the greatest?1 year 7 weeks agoGreatest of all:
Greatest of all: Merckx
Greatest male: ditto
Greatest female: Vos