- Kingston driver 'aimed car at cyclist,' missed - and crashed into hair salon1 year 7 weeks agoBang her up..........shes an
Bang her up..........shes an idiot and there is enough of them on the road. She obviously not of sound mind or fit for driving. No insurance for the rest of her life either that should work.
- Dauphine Stage 31 year 7 weeks agoNice. I've just put a fiver
Nice. I've just put a fiver on Gerrans for tomorrow so that will ensure he doesn't get past half way.
- Yorkshire cyclists swap Lycra for lingerie for charity calendar1 year 7 weeks agoWell said Sarah, I'm amazed
Well said Sarah, I'm amazed at some of the comments
- Maximum fines for traffic offences to rise — but will it have any effect in practice?1 year 7 weeks agoSaying that your increasing
Saying that your increasing the max limit is just that (all talk) as the fines are based on income!
What is desperately needed is proper roads policing not a box on a pole which makes the driver brake suddenly proceed along at the posted limit for 200 yards then accelerate again
- Yorkshire cyclists swap Lycra for lingerie for charity calendar1 year 7 weeks agoAs one of the ladies who did
As one of the ladies who did this calendar I'd like to thank those of you who made positive comments. Some of you may think it mediocre, or that it damages women's cycling in some way which I think is sad. We all love cycling and are advocates of women's cycling getting a fair hearing. We are all also professional women with jobs, and families and we fit our cycling in around these other commitments. We were asked to do it by the photographer- it's not something we went and sought out but given an opportunity to raise money for the charity of our choice we said yes. It was a really hard thing to do, none of us like the way we look but we believe it was better to show real women who cycle and are fit than skinny models who have never ridden a bike. At the end of the day the only people who have the right to criticise are us- and believe me we did criticise a lot. And to the man who asked what we would do if he wolf whistled at us when he saw us out cycling- we would laugh and say thanks- we might even return the compliment.
- Kingston driver 'aimed car at cyclist,' missed - and crashed into hair salon1 year 7 weeks agoIf she is found guilty of
If she is found guilty of attempted GBH will the sentence that she is given be automatically multiplyed by six, to take into account of the one cyclist and the five children in the car?
- Luminescent whiskers: the latest innovation in bike safety1 year 7 weeks agoCan't wait to put them on
Can't wait to put them on bike then whip the pedestrians on the pavement as I go past.
- Pippa Middleton to ride in world’s toughest bike race this month1 year 7 weeks agoenigmaman wrote:So, aenigmaman wrote:
So, a celebrity airhead with no discernible talent is going on an all expenses paid trip to America to ride a bike for three hours a day. And it's all for "charridee". Nope, can't see the story here. Top marks to those who are doing it for real, but the headline story here is nonsense. Why do we buy into this stuff?
Totally agree. 3 hours a day in the saddle by a middle-class toff for a week is neither tough nor news-worthy.
- First Women's Cycling Forum to be held in Edinburgh1 year 7 weeks agoGreat idea! Hopefully
Great idea! Hopefully something more central next time so that more women can participate. Here's hoping it's a huge success.
- Joanna Rowsell talks body image: "being as skinny as possible isn’t necessarily healthy"1 year 7 weeks agoThey should all be obsessed
They should all be obsessed with their power to weight ratios. Everyone knows that!
- Joanna Rowsell talks body image: "being as skinny as possible isn’t necessarily healthy"1 year 7 weeks agoThis is exactly the message
This is exactly the message young girls and women need to hear about body image! Another very good reason why we need more women's sport on mainstream TV. What could be better than portraying healthy body images in the media, shown at times when young girls can be inspired and influenced to lead healthy lifestyles and possibly also become part of a new generation of British sporting talent.
- Luminescent whiskers: the latest innovation in bike safety1 year 7 weeks agoThis might win, so long as
This might win, so long as there are no cyclists in the judging panel to point out the idiocy.
My fave biomimicry cycling thing is the Trotify clip clop coconut hooves hooked into the front wheel. http://www.trotify.com/
- Britain's Mike Hall leads new US coast-to-coast Trans Am Bike Race1 year 7 weeks agoLooks like Hall lost the lead
Looks like Hall lost the lead to Jason Lane last night but has taken it back. Could be an issue with his tracker which seems to not following the course but going in straight lines between points. Maybe he's using an drone
- Dauphine Stage 31 year 7 weeks agoUmmed and ahhed about Arndt,
Ummed and ahhed about Arndt, but didn't include him...
Still, had Boekmans, Berhane and Demare who mitigated somewhat the 40 point penalty hit. Also backed R. Janse Van Rensburg at 125/1 each way! Just £1.50, but still, tidy wee profit
- Yorkshire cyclists swap Lycra for lingerie for charity calendar1 year 7 weeks agoWe need more men in lingerie.
We need more men in lingerie. On bikes. Just to even things up, of course, also I don't see why the ladies should have all the fun here. Just off to figleaves.com to do some research.
[...some time later]
Only blooming swimming trunks and briefs in the men's sports bit. This is obviously a gap in the market, Rapha, get your act together, we need luxury padded pants! In pink merino wool!
- Luminescent whiskers: the latest innovation in bike safety1 year 7 weeks agoNot sure if having this
Not sure if having this extending beyond the width of the vehicle is legal. Anyone know?
- Sneak peek: Holdsworth to launch steel Heritage range1 year 7 weeks agoAgree with hexhome, if these
Agree with hexhome, if these go out at £800 retail, there will be an order book stretching from here to the end of 2015..and my name will be in it.
- Maximum fines for traffic offences to rise — but will it have any effect in practice?1 year 7 weeks agoThe principle is bloody
The principle is bloody brilliant, although IMO not enough. Bung a zero on please. That at least it tries to give the message that these are crimes. Any motoring offence that has the slightest chance or having an adverse affect on other should be given the full force of the law.
Speeders, texters etc are law breaking scum. Why not treat them properly? You don't have to speed. It's not stealing to feed the kids is it? Its a choice. Like murder.
As well as whopping fines, destruction of the said device should be automatic. Can't pay? Sell the house. Sad for the family but it would make people behave. I fail to see why we impose any penalty that doesn't frighten people to death. Schools punish kids with 5 minutes of break time. bloody pointless and so is the current system.
Or shall we give in ? Oh yeah, we live in Britain surrounded by useless bleeding heart who would rather we all had "rights" to do what we like and stuff society.
- Dauphine Stage 31 year 7 weeks agoDave Atkinson wrote:BoeckmansDave Atkinson wrote:
Boeckmans and Van Rensburg you say?
Arndt you the happy one!!
- Luminescent whiskers: the latest innovation in bike safety1 year 7 weeks agoCrazy, but cars may well
Crazy, but cars may well think twice about getting too close just due to the sheer 'WTF is that?' factor!
- Luminescent whiskers: the latest innovation in bike safety1 year 7 weeks agoWords. I can't find the
Words. I can't find the words. Halp.
- Yorkshire cyclists swap Lycra for lingerie for charity calendar1 year 7 weeks agoAll power to them for raising
All power to them for raising money for charity, but I'm not sure they've added any value to the image of women's cycling. I get really narked when I see half naked women being used in advertising to sell bikes. Why does it always have to come down to sex. This is doing nothing to rid the industry of that kind of image.
- La Passione clothing1 year 7 weeks agoGuess not mate. Just you and
Guess not mate. Just you and me here.......
- Yorkshire cyclists swap Lycra for lingerie for charity calendar1 year 7 weeks agoSurely the big question here
Surely the big question here is: Who buys a calendar in June?
- Just in: Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 Movistar replica1 year 7 weeks agoIt would seem that I lied.
It would seem that I lied. They've now got stock in today